Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

19 December, 2015 Lee Dong Wook attended his friend's Jeong Jun Ha's musical together with JRW. She has posted pic on her Instagram today and Dispatch has immediately posted the news. I hope we'll get translation by Allkpop or Soompi and maybe knetz comments. But so far they seemed to be positive.

What is interesting, that after "My Girl" Wookie has attended Jun Ha's and Infinite Challenge cast's fashion show together with Lee Da Hae. Idk what can it mean, but from my sceptical point of view it might mean not only that they're dating, but that they're going out together (he did it with Kim Sun Ah as well if I'm not mistaken) to show their connection and friendship. Bubblegum is over in Korea, but it might be broadcasted in other Asian countries...the same as it was with My Girl, so why not to tease us, fans and to show how close they've became during filming?

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?aid=0000014108&oid=433

• Like 4

Guest HelloHailey

I do not really need him to come back so fast. He should take time and find a good script like Bubblegum. I do not know if it is a problem with his agency or not, but Lee Dong Wook, Kim Bum, Park Min Young all seem to have made the same tactical mistake - rushing into the wrong projects. It's not that they do not have talent, but they can be more picky about both the script and co-star. I'm glad he paired up with someone who can really act like JRW for Bubblegum. If it was someone else, I wonder if the drama could have been that good. 

1 hour ago, HelloHailey said:

I do not really need him to come back so fast. He should take time and find a good script like Bubblegum. I do not know if it is a problem with his agency or not, but Lee Dong Wook, Kim Bum, Park Min Young all seem to have made the same tactical mistake - rushing into the wrong projects. It's not that they do not have talent, but they can be more picky about both the script and co-star. I'm glad he paired up with someone who can really act like JRW for Bubblegum. If it was someone else, I wonder if the drama could have been that good. 

Hi, well-said, I completely agree with you. I want him to rest for a while before he takes on another project. Movie is fine.  :lol:

37 minutes ago, HelloHailey said:

There is much more then good co-star, who can act. Lee Da Hae is good actress, but Hotel King wasn't loved much by knetz ( tho it had 12-15% ratings) because of other issues...defferent from script, acting and chemistry...but it had huge success internationally. Bubblegum had in average only 1,2% but  those knetz who have watched it were loving it a lot...and internationally only few of us. LDW was critisized for the rushing into project with wrong co-star and abcence of chemistry for Blade man and "Mandate of heaven" (wich actually was aimed to focus not on romance, but on other things) only. I have never seen that someone was critisizing him for abcence of the chemistry with various other co-stars...even with 9 years older ones. But I agree, that he need to choose next project more carefully, as he was chosen BG, but mostly script. From among around 15 his co-stars the only one who was wrong was too much yonger actress from Blade man. In other cases where the drama didn't have great success, it was script or other(much more deeper) problems, not co-star.

A bit off topic, but you're the one who has srarted it. Don't you think that JRW has done the same mistakes as rushing into wrong projects and co-star? And that if someone else, not LDW was in BG with her, drama could have been not that good and praised as "King of the Dramas" and "Medical Top Team" for not only unsecessful script, but for abcence of the chemistry as well? And JRW is good actress. But she didn't have outstanding chemistry with her latest leads. I even doubt that she had chemistry in "The history of salary man", even tho I love this drama and her acting there. From all projects I have seen with her she had chemistry only with Kim Rae Won and Lee Dong Wook. Thus I think both of them should be more picky with scripts and co-stars. And for sure both of them equally invested in their outstanding chemistry and BG's so called success. 

• Like 3

On 19.12.2015 at 3:22 PM, longleg said:

Now that BG is over I miss Wookie so much. I hope he will comeback as soon as possible, but that would be so greedy of me right? What kind of character do you want see him playing? I'd like to see him as a psycho villain. :phew: 

@longleg As much I want him to comeback asap, I know it won't bee so soon. But I bet he'll take his project somewhere in Spring or Summer. Will it be drama or movie we'll see, but I think it should be acting project. And before he'll have schedule, he won't hide like it was after Roommate. probably he'll have photoshoot, fanmeeting or else activities. As for the role I want him to choose. I always wanted him to try psycho villain as well, but I hope he won't, at least now. To play psycho he needs first to have stable popularity and awareness. Korea doesn't praise actors who're playing villains. You should be A-list or very trendy to play it and be loved. And to get into A-list first you should play at least in few extremely widely popular dramas and movies.

Thus, I want him to choose role in which knetz love him the most - sweet, honest, passionate, smiling guy like in My Girl, Scent of a wonan, Bubblegum. But I know Wookie won't repeat with similar characters 2 times in a row. That's why I think he'll choose more serious drama and role next time. 

• Like 3

@Princi_86 After watching Hotel king I thought Wookie can pull out villain role quite well. It hasn't been a year since i've become his fan and when I knew he was not A list actor I was surprised. With that look and acting he could be A lister, but the wrong choices of projects ruined the chance for him. I was wondering if he's not very popular then were those dramas were the only ones that were offered for him or did he choose them himself? I hope next time he would get a good one. It was Wookie who got me into korean dramas. As a new drama fan I'm not very familiar with k entertainment so i don't know how it revolves. But i kind of hate koreans taste of dramas. There are so many trashy dramas that got hugely successful, also some actors who are not good at acting. 

• Like 3

Hi Wookie's fans , i miss you v much 

I haven't watched BG yet , plan to ASAP 

yes i admit Wookie isn't A star in terms of popularity maybe coz of his non sterotype choices , bad scripts or it is just his fate but i am sure oneday he would feel proud as an actor to have partner , bittersweet life , wild romance , hotel king and blade man in his CV , those drama are not the best in terms of quality of writing , direction etc but his acting skills is priceless . and unique 

i love Wookie in serious role more so i want to see him next in a vampire or devoted police officer maybe smart detective with a romantic touch of course.

• Like 1

Guest HelloHailey

Hey Princi_86, if I have made you feel that I was hinting at Lee Da Hae as someone who cannot act,  or that I was praising Jung Ryeo Won over Lee Dong Wook, kindly understand that was not what I meant in the first place. I did think of a specific actress when I typed that, but it was not Lee Da Hae cause I have not seen many of her works. You could have guessed who she is now, but to avoid unnecessary arguing, I decided not to mention her name. 

I mentioned both the script and the co-star, because from my experience, I did give up on many dramas because It was tiring seeing a lead's face and his/her terrible acting. I mentioned LDW, Kim Bum and Min Young together simply because they are under the same agency with the same issue. Whether Ryeo Won made the same mistake or not is not really relevant in this topic, so I will not continue the argument here.

2 hours ago, HelloHailey said:

Hey Princi_86, if I have made you feel that I was hinting at Lee Da Hae as someone who cannot act,  or that I was praising Jung Ryeo Won over Lee Dong Wook, kindly understand that was not what I meant in the first place. I did think of a specific actress when I typed that, but it was not Lee Da Hae cause I have not seen many of her works. You could have guessed who she is now, but to avoid unnecessary arguing, I decided not to mention her name. 

I mentioned both the script and the co-star, because from my experience, I did give up on many dramas because It was tiring seeing a lead's face and his/her terrible acting. I mentioned LDW, Kim Bum and Min Young together simply because they are under the same agency with the same issue. Whether Ryeo Won made the same mistake or not is not really relevant in this topic, so I will not continue the argument here.

@HelloHailey I'm not reading your mind to know that you was reffering to some particular actress or that you didn't came here to praise JRW over LDW. From your post as from JRW's 100% fan's post the only obvious message was that BG won't work that good without JRW and that more likely other acress won't creat such a great Bubbly couple together with LDW. And you're stating it in LDW's thread. How I supposed to read this message? Right, you as JRW fan has came here to praise JRW. Was it your intention or not...it's just looking like this from your comment. No offense. It's the same if I will come to JRW's thread and post covering with more polite words "Hey, I think LDW was the one who saved BG, if other actor was paired with JRW BG would be flop".  And as honest person, not as LDW addicted fan I agree, that JRW was a great match both to this story and to LDW and I was enjoying their chemistry, thus it doesn't mean that she is the only one who could fit in this role or to LDW.  And in order to be understood correctly you should have said at least that they were both great match for each other here in Bubblegum. That would be fair and won't look like praising JRW and critisizing LDW for his other choices. 

And to be completely honest, I think that chemistry depends mostly on script. You could be amazing actor and actress, but if there won't be good scripted love line, scenes and lines, even adlibs won't help to save the drama. In BG we had great love scenes, greatly written characters and lines which helped actors to create this chemistry.  And adlibs (in which LDW is very strong) emphasized this chemistry on and off-screen. 

Btw, who is Min Young? Park Min Young from Healer and City Hunter? If yes, then she has left KKE 2 or 3 years ago. And imo both under KKE and under her new agency she's choosing her projects greatly. 

@longleg both in HK and La Dolce Vita Wookie has shown his ability to portrait psycho or villain, but it won't work good for his image. Not in Korea :( Regarding A-list it's not that big and it includes really big names of actors and actresses who have steadily shown successful history of projects. Those, who's projects brought high ratings and great buzz. Wookie had My Girl and SOAW who has brought him closer to this list. But if he would have chosen hit projects after SOAW or done good movie, now he would be there like Jo In Song, So Ji Sob or Kim Soo Hyun. But we have what we have. Being not in A-list is not bad as well, if you're having knetz attention and lots of fans, like those trendy younger actors. But he needs better project then BG, I mean better in ratings. The project which will be viewed by much more bigger audience. He was praised a lot for BG but the audience was relatively small. Now he needs to choose next project carefully and better under SBS or MBC  which will be able to achieve mass popularity as it was with MG and SOAW. 

@MaysoonD long time no see, chingu! Please, watch BG. It's another great project with another challange character and great Wookie's performance of it.

• Like 3

Guest HelloHailey

Well I also cannot read minds to see how others will understand my comment, either. But it was never my intention to make anyone feel offended by it or feel that I was criticizing LDW (?), which sounds so alien so me. Criticize? No I did not. If a fan could give him some words of advice, I would just want to tell him to be more picky because he can. 

Yes I did praise JRW in my comment  "I'm glad he paired up with someone who can really act like JRW for Bubblegum. If it was someone else, I wonder if the drama could have been that good." It was just like a short part of my comment. That does not sound like "She is the only one who can pull this off", nor "She played a bigger part in this than Lee Dong Wook" to me, and that is totally not what I meant, either. I just happened to imagine if it were some other actresses, including those that I like a lot, how Haeng Ah could have turned out to be... Just some wondering that does not need an exact answer.

All in all, accidentally making you feel uncomfortable by my comment is totally unintended. 

@HelloHailey well, yes, it was the vibe from your comment. Since you have started from advice which looked like critisizm for me and ended with praising actress from his drama. Anyway, I'm glad I had wrong impression and it's an advise and praising JRW not over him. 

Btw I have seen lots of knetz comments stating that they can't imagine nobody else in RH's role. of course I'm happy to see such feedback, but I'm sure that all is possible, when good actor meets good script. Script is everything in kdramas. And there are good actors and actresses in Korea. 

• Like 1

Chingus, let me introduce you my first fan video ever.:rolleyes: And of course about Bubblegum, my latest inspiration. It's a bit alternative story about people who are unable to discuss missunderstanding which has been occurred. The only issue, that due to copyright of song'w owner, video is available on PC/lap-top only. Choose HD quality.

I hope I will do better next time.  And of course will do then videos with other Wookie's dramas. 

• Like 7

@Princi_86 I love your fan vid... it's beautiful. You really captured their journey well. I love the quotes used in here, and how your incorporated them into the video. 

Here's another great quote from Ri Hwan (he has so many):

“Hating a person I don’t even know very well… I don’t even have to hate him to this extent. Hating him to this extent, means that he is not the problem. That means… there is a problem within my heart.” – Ri Hwan, Bubblegum Episode 4

screenshot_20151222-202913.png

• Like 7