Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

10277282_831009370261548_907786469560051
What did he eat on Roommate :D
And how about his suitcase 
3009184098_286658373_320_320.jpg

Please like my page to update about Lee Dong Wook and Hotel King Drama ^^
https://www.facebook.com/hotelkingkoreafilm.vietnamfanpage

*** Problems behind the production always reflect on the drama. I really hope that the personnel crisis doesn’t derail the show. I hope this gets resolved quickly. I want to hope that the change in production will be for the better. 

:(

MBC scrambles to film Hotel King in wake of PD departure
by javabeans | May 14, 2014

hotelking_81.jpg

Oy, what a mess. There’s been a bit of a kerfuffle going on over at MBC, particularly over this past weekend when the drama Hotel King suddenly cut its main PD and had to scramble to get directing duties covered. The situation has elicited some criticism, not least because it all seems very messily handled; based on the statements being issued, nobody even knows what happened, and the explanations have been vague in the extreme.

Let’s start with what we do know. Hotel King kicked off with two PDs at the helm, Kim Dae-jin (previous works: Be Like Today, Tasty Life, Golden Age of My Life) and Jang Joon-ho (Aurora Princess). The drama operates two filming teams, with each PD directing one of them. But on May 12, it was decided (without warning, it seems) that Kim Dae-jin would leave the production. “Leave” is the nice word; “fired” is the understanding. No details were given on the specifics of the discussions leading to his firing.

MBC did try to assert that PD Kim Dae-jin left due to personal reasons, but Kim gave an interview stating that he was unceremoniously fired because writer Jo Eun-jung demanded it (previous works: Feast of the Gods, Goldfish). It’s less clear about the circumstances of the second PD’s circumstances; the news stories are focusing on Kim, but it was reported that PD Jang has also left the show.

hotelking_85.jpg

On May 13, an emergency meeting was convened with MBC’s drama department PDs, although notably, Kim Dae-jin was not present. As a result, according to one PD who attended the meeting, there were gaps in understanding of the full situation (you think?), and thus another meeting will be held in short order with the entire department to decide what to do about the PD situation.

As of May 14, it was reported that directing duties had been divided between two other producers, Choi Byung-gil (Would You Give Love Away, When a Man Loves) and CP Kim Jin-min (God of War, Road No. 1). What’s unusual about this (aside from the obvious) is that a CP, a chief producer overseeing the whole production, is a high-level executive and not someone who gets involved in the actual filming duties, so clearly this is an emergency stopgap measure. It’s so unusual for a CP to assume director duties that the last time it occurred was during the 2012 labor strike, when the extreme situation forced the issue. Hotel King does still have episodes to put out, though, and they want to stay on schedule.

A representative from MBC stated in an interview, “The reason for the PD switch has not been clearly divulged. We will have to look into the truth of whether PD Kim Dae-jin made an error that merited his departure, or whether writer Jo Eun-jung demanded that he be fired. …We have not yet heard the stories from the involved parties directly. We will have to hear from them first.” You’d think they’d attend to that before issuing statements to the public, but what do I know, I’m not running a broadcast station.

Hotel King airs on Saturdays and Sundays, and has currently broadcast 10 of its planned 32 episodes.

hotelking_84.jpg

Via Ten Asia, TV Report, My Daily

Oh no! I hope they can fix this problem asap  >.<
willenette said:

*** Problems behind the production always reflect on the drama. I really hope that the personnel crisis doesn’t derail the show. I hope this gets resolved quickly. I want to hope that the change in production will be for the better. 

:(

MBC scrambles to film Hotel King in wake of PD departure
by javabeans | May 14, 2014

hotelking_81.jpg

Oy, what a mess. There’s been a bit of a kerfuffle going on over at MBC, particularly over this past weekend when the drama Hotel King suddenly cut its main PD and had to scramble to get directing duties covered. The situation has elicited some criticism, not least because it all seems very messily handled; based on the statements being issued, nobody even knows what happened, and the explanations have been vague in the extreme.

Let’s start with what we do know. Hotel King kicked off with two PDs at the helm, Kim Dae-jin (previous works: Be Like Today, Tasty Life, Golden Age of My Life) and Jang Joon-ho (Aurora Princess). The drama operates two filming teams, with each PD directing one of them. But on May 12, it was decided (without warning, it seems) that Kim Dae-jin would leave the production. “Leave” is the nice word; “fired” is the understanding. No details were given on the specifics of the discussions leading to his firing.

MBC did try to assert that PD Kim Dae-jin left due to personal reasons, but Kim gave an interview stating that he was unceremoniously fired because writer Jo Eun-jung demanded it (previous works: Feast of the Gods, Goldfish). It’s less clear about the circumstances of the second PD’s circumstances; the news stories are focusing on Kim, but it was reported that PD Jang has also left the show.

hotelking_85.jpg

On May 13, an emergency meeting was convened with MBC’s drama department PDs, although notably, Kim Dae-jin was not present. As a result, according to one PD who attended the meeting, there were gaps in understanding of the full situation (you think?), and thus another meeting will be held in short order with the entire department to decide what to do about the PD situation.

As of May 14, it was reported that directing duties had been divided between two other producers, Choi Byung-gil (Would You Give Love Away, When a Man Loves) and CP Kim Jin-min (God of War, Road No. 1). What’s unusual about this (aside from the obvious) is that a CP, a chief producer overseeing the whole production, is a high-level executive and not someone who gets involved in the actual filming duties, so clearly this is an emergency stopgap measure. It’s so unusual for a CP to assume director duties that the last time it occurred was during the 2012 labor strike, when the extreme situation forced the issue. Hotel King does still have episodes to put out, though, and they want to stay on schedule.

A representative from MBC stated in an interview, “The reason for the PD switch has not been clearly divulged. We will have to look into the truth of whether PD Kim Dae-jin made an error that merited his departure, or whether writer Jo Eun-jung demanded that he be fired. …We have not yet heard the stories from the involved parties directly. We will have to hear from them first.” You’d think they’d attend to that before issuing statements to the public, but what do I know, I’m not running a broadcast station.

Hotel King airs on Saturdays and Sundays, and has currently broadcast 10 of its planned 32 episodes.

hotelking_84.jpg

Via Ten Asia, TV Report, My Daily

Guest saravillarin

I think he is really awesome in Hotel King also it's fun to see the real him on Roommate....I am a big fan since My Girl :-)

Hello! I'm back! It's been a long time since my last post.I'm so happy that DaHae and DongWook are back together in Hotel King...although I think, it would have been better if it was a pure love story or romantic comedy :)I'm also super glad to see Wookie in ROOMMATE~ I get to see another side of his personality with this show.

"Hotel King" Lee Da-hae sees abusive marks after Lee Dong-wook takes off shirt

photo437230.jpg

On the latest "Hotel King", Lee Da-hae and Lee Dong-wook shared their feelings together.

Cha Jae-wan (Lee Dong-wook) was confused at Amone's (Lee Da-hae) proposal.

As they spent a night in one of her vacation homes, Cha Jae-wan was deep in thought about Amone who was starting to get closer to him. Since he's Lee Joong-goo's (Lee Deok-hwa) son, he knew he had to keep his distance from her.

Amone only knew very little about Cha Jae-wan's painful past but wanted to embrace him. She started proposing to him. She asked if they should move in together but he didn't answer.

Before they went to bed, she kissed him to show her feelings for him but he pushed her away. She explained about herself being hurt by his reactions and explained why he was so cold towards her.

Cha Jae-wan said, "Watch me. I've hated someone for several years and I will continue to until the day I die. I will live forever with the thought of killing someone". He took off his shirt, revealing the remains of his abused childhood. He said, "I have gotten used to being beaten up". Amone said, "I'll wait for you. I won't rush you. I'll just stay here and wait. I'm sorry".

As if they knew the end would come, they embraced each other with their pain. The 'lingering in happiness' didn't last long for them. Amone was arrested for using funds, embezzlement and gambling. Cha Jae-wan also panicked.

Source : tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/r...

Translation : Hancinema

class="titleNews" 2NE1′s Park Bom and Lee Dong Wook Are Destined for Marriage?

Spending a nice day out with the girls, 2NE1′s Park Bom got her fortune read and found out she′s compatible with Lee Dong Wook.

On the May 18 broadcast of SBS′ Roommates, Park Bom, Son Ga Yeon, and Lee So Ra went to a tarot card reader to see their compatibility with each other.

[Video] 2NE1′s Park Bom and Lee Dong Wook Are Destined for Marriage?

Once they found out the three of them were perfect for each other, the ladies asked the tarot card reader to check Park Bom′s compatibility with the male roommates of the house.

After pulling out the cards, the card reader said Lee Dong Wook and EXO′s Chanyeol look at Park Bom in the most positive way, making the women burst into laughter while singing the Wedding March.

The tarot card reader later checked the compatibility of Park Bom and Lee Dong Wook, pulling out The Emperor and The Empress card for both Park Bom and Lee Dong Wook. He said that these two cards usually mean the relationship of a married couple, causing Park Bom to start laughing and singing the Wedding March again.

The card reader then said usually people with these cards start off on a good note and continue on a good note. "The relationship just hasn′t started yet, but when it does start, it will be very comfortable."

As Lee Dong Wook also matches well with Son Ga Yeon, Son Ga Yeon said she will not even look in his direction any more, picking Park Bom over Lee Dong Wook.

Photo Credit: SBS / enewsworld

Guest ferlydee

Hi, newbie here, I just want to tell you know that first time I saw Lee Dong Wook in  drama and I got hooked watching him.  Then followed his previous dramas  before, my, he was so handsome and reminds me of Brad Pitt on his younger years.  Anyways, just being a silent lurker and can't resist posting here, although I have my favorite K actress but I won;;t reveal her name.  Now my wish is for her to team up with Lee Dong Wook, but it's impossible because of his ongoing drama.  Okay, bye now and wish LDW very successful career.

*** Wahhhh............this kissing scene, I love it! Ahhhhhh..."My Girl' feels are back....They really suit each other. I'm just happy that they reunite in this drama. I love this couple. Will forever ship them.  I get goosebumps in this scene. I hope they could be a real couple. :))

Lee Dong Wook and Lee Da Hae take fans behind the scenes of their kiss scene on 'Hotel King'

Lee Dong Wook and Lee Da Hae showed viewers what it's like to act out a kiss scene in front of the cameras and staff in a behind-the-scenes clip from 'Hotel King'!

Lee Dong Wook, who is normally a talkative and outgoing guy as seen on 'Roommate', made fans swoon as the stoic character Cha Jae Wan and plunged into a kiss with Lee Da Hae (Ah Mo Ne). Since the two have worked on 'My Girl' in the past, they definitely seem comfortable with each other. Their chemistry is still there after all these years.

source : allkpop

"Hotel King", Lee Da-hye finds out Lee Dong-wook's weakness

photo439306.jpg

On the fourteenth episode of the MBC drama "Hotel King", Amone (Lee Da-hae) discovered a gun which happens to be Cha Jae-wan's (Lee Dong-wook) weakness.

Amone received a recorder from Baek Mi-nyo (Kim Hae-sook). The recorder contained evidence that Lee Joong-goo had killed her father. Along with that was Cha Jae-hwan's voice, yelling in anger. Amone was shocked that he knew about her father's death and kept it from her all along.

Amone asked Cha Jae-hwan, "Lee Joong-goo killed my father right? You knew it". However, he denied. She was disappointed in him and said, "What is it that you want to hide from me. I will find it", then she began raiding his house.

Then she found a gun in the safe. It was the gun Cha Jae-hwan used to kill someone and it was his biggest weakness. He quickly covered her eyes but she'd already seen it. She asked, "Who are you?" and he said, "I have nowhere else to go".

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v...

'Running Man' and 'Roommate' fall to last place in their respective timeslots

2NE1-Park-Bom-After-School-Nana-EXO-Chan

The Sunday ratings battle for variety shows has started!

Coming in first this week was KBS' 'Happy Sunday' segment. '1 Night 2 Days' ranked with the highest ratings for the night with 13.6%, and its segment partner 'Superman is Back' also rated the highest for its timeslot with 9.5%, bringing the total segment ratings to 11.0%.

Following close behind was MBC's 'Sunday Sunday Night'. 'Real Men' ranked #2 in its timeslot with 13.2%, and 'Dad! Where Are You Going?' ranked at 2nd in its timeslot as well with 8.9%. The total segment rating was 10.5%.
SBS' 'Good Sunday' suffered the most, with 'Running Man' coming last with 10.7% in its timeslot and 'Roommate' also ranking last in its own timeslot with 6.3%. The total ranking for the segment was 8.0%.

Which show are you watching?

source : allkpop

For Your Viewing Pleasure: The Traveller Edition

Welcome back to For Your Viewing Pleasure, where we take the time out of the week to share some of the most recent fashion-forward photos tied to the K-pop landscape.

With the onset of a sweltering summer, it is not a surprise to find our celebrities escaping to cooler and unique territories. This week, let’s join these celebrities in their high-fashion travels.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Lee Dong-wook Esquire Korea

20140526_seoulbeats_leedongwook

source : seoulbeats

Lee Dong-wook grateful to fans for gift

photo440663.jpg

Lee Dong-wook expressed his gratitude to those fans who brought him food to the drama set.

According to King Kong Entertainment, a food van was sent to the set of the MBC drama "Hotel King" at a resort in Pyeongchang, Gangwondo on the 29th. The atmosphere around the set was lively as everyone was able to enjoy various types of healthy food.

There was also a coffee truck with the sign 'ICE AND HOT COFFEE' and everyone cheered.

Pictures released by King Kong Entertainment show Lee Dong-wook eating the food provided by the fans. He met each and everyone who came from far away and gave them autographs. He also posed and took pictures with them with his arms around their shoulders.

Lee Dong-wook said, "I am grateful to you for coming out to wherever I am when I am working. We had a great time with the food and coffee and we should be re-energized to work harder now".

Meanwhile, Lee Dong-wook is co-starring with Lee Da-hae, Lee Deok-hwa, Kim Hae-sook, Wang Ji-hye and Seulong in "Hotel King" that's broadcasted every Saturday and Sunday at 9:55PM.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20...