[Current Drama 2024] The Judge from Hell, 지옥에서 온 판사- Park Shin Hye & Kim Jae Young- Fri&Sat @10 p.m. KST.

larus

[Episode 3 Preview]

"Bad adults should be punished"
Park Shin-hye embarks on another demonic execution?!

SBS Fri-Sat Drama < Judge from Hell >
☞ [Fri, Sat] 10 PM

img.gif

Evil yet loving, tough yet gentle
Park Shin-hye and Kim Jae-young, who took over the living room last weekend 🥰

SBS Fri-Sat Drama < Judge from Hell >
☞ [Fri, Sat] 10 PM

The devil judge won't tolerate it 😈
The existence of a judge who throws fastballs in court!

Good and Evil Coexistence Cider Action Fantasy
< The Judge from Hell > Now streaming on Disney+

Park Shin-hye, was she this shameless? "I feel refreshed when I make others cry" ('Judge from Hell')

Entered 2024.09.20 05:25 Modified 2024.09.20 05:25
Photo = Reporter Jo Jun-won
Photo = Reporter Jo Jun-won Actress Park Shin-hye said she felt catharsis while playing a devil character.

23.09.2024  #ParkShinHye IG updated

달콤 살벌 강빛나❣️
저 나쁜 사람 아니에요.
그저 죄인을 처단하기 위해 온 악마랍니다😈
#지옥에서온판사

Sweet and savage Kang Bitna❣️
I'm not a bad person.
I'm just a devil who came to punish sinners😈
#JudgeFromHell

https://instagram.com/p/DAOV2cbPYGY/

New SBS K-Drama Shocks With High Ratings And Overwhelmingly Positive Response 

What a start 🔥

judgefromhell-FI.jpg

koreaboo36.png
Koreaboo
Yesterday

SBS‘s newest Friday-Saturday K-Drama, Judge from Hell (starring Park Shin Hye), has made a remarkable debut, earning impressive viewership ratings and glowing reviews from viewers.

Spoiler

jdugefromhell

| SBS

According to Nielsen Korea, The Judge from Hell — which aired its first two episodes on September 21 — recorded a solid 6.8% for its premiere and an even stronger 9.3% for its second episode. These numbers prove there is remarkable growing interest and excitement surrounding the show.

Spoiler

sbs-the-judge-from-hell-character-poster-park-shin-hye-kim-v0-vdw451bglond1

The series tells the story of Kang Bit Na — a judge who becomes possessed by a demon — and her journey to becoming a true arbiter of justice. Alongside Han Da On — a passionate detective played by Kim Jae Young — the two work together to punish criminals in a harsh, unforgiving world. With its unique blend of fantasy and action, the show offers an intriguing twist on the theme of good versus evil.

Spoiler

sbs-the-judge-from-hell-character-poster-park-shin-hye-kim-v0-zzxlt1bglond1

The first episode introduced the demon Justitia (played by Oh Na Ra) as she takes over the body of Kang Bit Na, followed by her meeting with Han Da On. The fast-paced narrative — along with scenes of delivering justice — has captivated audiences, offering them a thrilling and satisfying viewing experience.

the-judge-from-hell-still-2

Online forums and communities have been buzzing with praise. Viewers have commented on how refreshing it was to see wrongdoers punished, with many highlighting Park Shin Hye’s impressive performance and beauty. Despite the positive feedback, there were some criticisms regarding the show’s more violent scenes, with some finding the depiction of weaponry and brutality unsettling.

the-judge-from-hell-still-1
With its promising start, many are watching to see if The Judge from Hell can maintain its momentum and build on the success of its predecessor, Good Partner, which ended recently.

Source: Wikitree

• Like 1

The Judge from Hell: Episodes 1-2

by missvictrix

JFH0102_1.jpg

Park Shin-hye is The Judge from Hell, and she is having way too much fun in this role. Her performance is the highlight of our premiere week — which, if you can deal with the upside-down and backwards theology and treat this like a quirky fantasy — is quite watchable.

EPISODES 1-2

We start off our drama with some epic cameos… and some painful CGI and theological setups. I’ll preface this by saying that I have a pretty low tolerance for the gimmicky way K-dramas like to deal spiritual/religious themes, but them’s the breaks. So, we start off with our mousy judge KANG BIT-NA (Park Shin-hye) stabbed and left for dead. (Talk about an intro!) And dead she is. When she wakes up she’s in a level of hell expressly for murderers and JUSTITIA (cameo by Oh Nara) — aka our Lady Demon Justice is ready to brand her and send Bit-na to her eternal torment.

But there’s been a mixup up (because plot), and Bit-na is an innocent victim who’s about to get sentenced to a level of hell she doesn’t deserve. Luckily (?) BAEL (cameo by Shin Sung-rok) the ruler (?) of the underworld (?) doesn’t like this. I guess he thinks hell should be just. So he curses Justitia to take the body of Bit-na as punishment. She has to live on earth and has one year to kill ten unrepentant murderers, brand them, and send them to the proper level of hell. This entire sequence is kinda painful, but Shin Sung-rok and Oh Nara are absolutely stunning here (always giving 10/10, both), so I’m okay with it.

When we catch up with Justitia-as-Bit-na again, she’s completely not the judge anyone knew before. Through the course of the episodes we see everyone around her commenting that she has changed so much since “the accident.” She now wears bright flashy tweed suits with dyed hair and heavy makeup. Oh, and she’s also irreverent, snarky, and has a penchant for drinking soda (loudly and continually) out of a can while taking her judge duties far too lightly.

Her (as in Justitia’s) first case is that of DETECTIVE HAN DO-AN (Kim Jae-young and those gorgeous eyes of his), who’s refused an attorney because he says doesn’t need one. He explains his situation and the bogus law suit that a criminal is bringing against him for “hurting his hand” while Do-an was trying to disarm said criminal of his knife. Bit-na is electric in this scene, slurping soda, making a load of sarcastic comments, poking a hole in the entire case by showing the corruption that was at play behind the scenes, and then dismissing the whole case. There’s no way you can’t love her after this scene!

Our principled and heroic hero is also a bit starry-eyed over this courtroom moment, but when he next meets Bit-na she’s a) coaching kids visiting the courthouse to chant “Justice is dead!” and b) driving off in her red convertible and leaving him and his gratefulness in the dust.

But, these two are destined to meet again, and they wind up connected over another case. We enter this one in media res: a young woman who has been brutally beaten and threatened by her boyfriend has submitted a letter to the court that will let him off more leniently than he should. Bit-na cruises into the Catholic church where the young woman is praying — but first, sunglasses. Because crosses and any iconography related to Jesus Christ is too much for her to look at. (No comment.)

Bit-na can tell after talking to the young woman that she’s terrified for her life and safety, and Bit-na’s apparent sympathy for the woman’s side has Do-an all kinds of excited. He’s the detective on the case, and he’s got a passion to see Bad Boyfriend behind bars for a very long time (where he clearly belongs — the drama doesn’t hide the fact he’s vile, malicious, and incredibly twisted).

The Judge from Hell: Episodes 1-2

But Do-an (and the girl’s parents) are shocked on sentencing day. After seemingly being ready to deliver a harsh sentence to Bad Boyfriend, our Bit-na — with her attitude and flair — lets him off with a fine. It’s such a clear miss, and everyone knows it. What the heck, Bit-na?

Well, Bit-na is on earth to punish murderers — not abusers — so she hatches a self-serving plan. She’s convinced of Bad Boyfriend’s depravity and lets him off so he can wreak havoc and kill his girlfriend now that he’s free. (Yes, you read that correctly — and this is exactly what Do-an spends all his time trying to prevent.) Then, once he’s a murderer, Bit-na will murder him with her fancy supernatural dagger, brand him, send him to hell, and be 1 out of 10 with her mission.

And that’s basically how it goes down — except the drama plays with the “what is Bit-na doing” for a bit. We also get to see Do-an’s righteous indignation, and the girl get beaten and try to hang herself as the collateral damage to this. The girl survives, thank goodness, but now that she is metaphorically dead, Bit-na goes in for the kill. She steps around all the red tape of her human role, and one night delivers justice to Bad Boyfriend by way of some psychological torture, a beating more brutal than the ones he delivered, and then a stabbing and branding to send him on his way. I mean, the guy was awful, but there’s a little too much aplomb here for me to enjoy it. Either way, that’s one bad guy down.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/09/the-judge-from-hell-episodes-1-2/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, samiawan said:

Heard it's getting real intense with Park Shin Hye killing it as always can't wait for the next episode

She also literally killed someone too. LOL. 

---

I have a theory that the real Kang Bit-Na is going to return to the human world and return to her body. 

For Wavy who has a long week after the holidays
Variety show + drama gift prepared by Wave 💖

[How to enjoy Wave to the fullest]
📺 Watch live TV anytime, anywhere!
🚀 Watch faster with Quick VOD, available 5 minutes after the original broadcast!
Use the time machine function to rewind any parts you missed!

JUST DIVE Wavve! 

#지옥에서온판사

Export News

Park Shin-hye, who became the "female Ma Dong-seok", violent vs. karmic retribution 'noisy'... Jang Na-ra's place was taken [X's Issue]

Entered 2024.09.23. 7:30 PM
Last modified 2024.09.23. 7:41 PM
Original article
Empathy130
0001774435_001_20240923194109874.jpg?type=w647

(Xports News Reporter Lee Ye-jin) Actress Park Shin-hye has made a splendid comeback to the small screen and received high viewership ratings. While she has taken over Jang Na-ra's spot in 'Good Partner', viewers are talking about the developments.

On the 21st, SBS's Friday-Saturday drama 'Judge from Hell' met viewers with episodes 1 and 2 consecutively as the follow-up to 'Good Partner'.

'Judge from Hell' is a 'good and evil coexistence cider action fantasy' in which the devil Kang Bit-na (played by Park Shin-hye) enters the body of a judge and meets the humane, passionate detective Han Da-on (played by Kim Jae-young) in a hellish reality, punishing criminals and being reborn as a true judge. 

The first episode recorded 6.8% in viewership ratings, and the second episode recorded 9.3%, surprising viewers by showing higher viewership ratings than 'Good Partner' episode 2 which recorded 8.7%. 

Park Shin-hye is a devil who used to live in hell, but she was demoted and came down to the human world to live as a judge, Kang Bit-na. This is because of the punishment for making a wrong decision. She is ordered to kill 10 murderers who do not reflect on their actions within a year in the human world and send their souls to hell, and she enters the body of the dead Kang Bit-na and judges them herself. She

gives a light sentence to the perpetrator of dating violence, and then punishes him herself, inflicting the same violence on the victim. This scene lasts for over 15 minutes. The scene where the perpetrator commits dating violence on the victim follows, and both episodes 1 and 2 contain violent content. In the end, the perpetrator is killed by Kang Bit-na. 

0001774435_002_20240923194109932.jpg?typ

Regarding the plot development and scenes, viewers responded with, "Mirror therapy is refreshing," "A female detective version of Ma Dong-seok," "It's a good drama like cider," "It was refreshing because it was expressed in detail with a sense of empathy."

On the other hand, there were also responses pointing out problems such as the fact that dating violence is shown without filtering, that threatening tools of violence such as knives and hammers appear, and that the perpetrator is killed in a provocative manner despite the fact that it is a sense of empathy and retribution. Some viewers responded with, "Shouldn't it not be glamorized when the victim kills the perpetrator?", "What is the writer trying to say through the work?", "Will she change when she meets the male lead?", "Is it just a plot where they kill everyone?".

While opinions are divided on the subject of "Judge from Hell," there is growing interest in whether the high viewer ratings can continue, as well as the content, story flow, and message that follow.

Meanwhile, "Judge from Hell" stars Park Shin-hye, Kim Jae-young, Kim In-kwon, and Kim Ah-young. It airs every Friday and Saturday at 10 p.m.

Photo = Xports News DB, SBS

Newsen

Kim Jae-young: "Park Shin-hye doesn't show that she's having a hard time, I get strength from her as a co-star"

Entered 2024.09.24. 8:50 AM
Original article
Empathy8
202409240844571910_1_20240924085016437.j
Photo = Singles

Kim Jae-young expressed his gratitude to Park Shin-hye.

Singles released a visual pictorial of actor Kim Jae-young, who is currently acting as the passionate detective 'Hana On' in the new SBS Friday-Saturday drama 'Judge from Hell', on September 24.

In the released pictorial, Kim Jae-young shows off a comfortable side that befits a former model. Kim Jae-young added to the atmosphere with various poses and deep gazes, completing a pictorial that is dreamy yet boyish.

202409240844571910_2_20240924085016444.j
Photo = Singles

When asked if Kim Jae-young, who finished the photo shoot, looked comfortable in front of the camera, Kim Jae-young laughed and said, “Is it because I’m used to the attitude I had when I was a model? I find myself striking poses I often did when I was younger.” When asked about his favorite outfit, Kim Jae-young replied, “The shorts and socks that go down to mid-calf gave off a boyish vibe, and I liked that. When I was modeling, I started shooting a lot of men’s clothing, but after a long time wearing clothes that made me look younger, I felt like I was back to being a boy.”

When asked if he still seems to have a boyish sensibility, he said, “I always try to live young and youthful. They say that as you get older, your thoughts become more rigid. That’s why I try to act younger on purpose.”

202409240844571910_3_20240924085016452.j
Photo = Singles

Meanwhile, Kim Jae-young, who played the role of passionate detective 'Hana-on' in 'Judge from Hell', said, "Hana-on is a character with great sensitivity. I had to empathize with the victim a lot, but it was harder than I thought. Empathy in everyday life and acting are different. In acting, I need to express emotions beyond what I empathize with and have the ability to make the viewer empathize with it," revealing the difficulties.

Kim Jae-young, who learned a warm heart while acting as 'Hana-on', said, "I used to be strict with myself and others, so when things went wrong, I would quickly cut them off or deal with them, but after playing this role and learning to think, 'That could happen,' I gradually became more understanding (of others) and tried to be warmer to myself and the people around me."

Regarding his chemistry with Park Shin-hye, who he first worked with in 'Judge from Hell', Kim Jae-young mentioned Park Shin-hye's experience, saying, "It would have been difficult or frustrating to film for a long time, but she controlled those emotions very well and didn't show any signs of difficulty. When I see that, I feel more strength as an actor. He expressed his gratitude, saying, “He is a friend who has really helped me a lot in leading this work.”

Finally, Kim Jae-young, who is constantly trying to learn and change, said, “There are many things I have done so far, but at the same time, there are many things I have not done. I feel this a lot, especially through acting. Recently, I thought I wanted to challenge myself with a human melodrama. I have played many dark roles so far, so now I want to try a warmer and more playful character,” revealing the actor’s desire to show various sides of himself.

Park A-reum jamie@newsen.com

Director of Photography's Instagram

https://instagram.com/p/DALSrZSPWyr/Image

#박신혜 #Parkshinhye #朴信惠
박신혜 배우의
‘지옥에서 온 판사’ 제작발표회 현장 스케치😈
-
SBS <지옥에서 온 판사>
9월 21일(토) 밤 9시 50분,
1회, 2회 연속 방송!
-
#지옥에서온판사 #TheJudgeFromHell
#강빛나

https://instagram.com/reel/DAKPVd4S5n1/

Edaily

Interest in 'Judge from Hell' explodes... First episode viewership ratings hit a high of 10.4%

Entered 2024.09.22. 9:22 AM
Original article
Empathy16
0005840582_001_20240922092214024.jpg?typ

SBS Friday-Saturday drama 'Judge from Hell' Galmuri

[Edaily Reporter Kim Myeong-sang]

In episodes 1 and 2 of the SBS Friday-Saturday drama 'Judge from Hell' that aired on the 21st, Park Shin-hye caused a frenzy in the living room theater.

Episode 1 of 'Judge from Hell', which tells the story of a devil separating human waste, got off to a brisk start with 7.2% in viewership ratings in the metropolitan area. Episode 2, which aired right after, recorded 9.8% in the metropolitan area and 9.3% nationwide. The peak viewership rating soared to 10.4%, and the 2049 viewership rating also reached 3%, taking first place among all Saturday programs and first place among miniseries.

The episode began with Kang Bit-na (played by Park Shin-hye) claiming to be a devil from hell. Doctors diagnosed her with 'delusional disorder'. However, Kang Bit-na actually died in an unexpected accident in the past and entered hell. Kang Bit-na, who was supposed to go to a false hell, entered the hell of murder for some reason, and there she faced the demon Justitia (played by Oh Na-ra)

, a judge specializing in murder. Justitia tried Kang Bit-na, who claimed innocence, in her own way. At that time, the demon Bael (played by Shin Sung-rok), the head of hell, appeared and punished Justitia by sending 10 sinners who committed murder in the human world for a year without reflecting on their actions and were not forgiven to hell. As a result, Justitia had no choice but to enter Kang Bit-na's body, and the story unfolded as she lived her life as Kang Bit-na's job as a criminal judge.

'Judge from Hell' captivated viewers with its speedy and dramatic development of the demon Kang Bit-na's punishment of human trash. In particular, the merciless punishment of the demon Kang Bit-na provided a catharsis of a different level, giving viewers a thrilling vicarious satisfaction.

SBS's Friday-Saturday drama 'Judge from Hell' airs every Friday and Saturday at 10 PM.

Kim Myeong-sang (terry@edaily.co.kr)

Copyright ⓒ Edaily.