Songs That Motivate You And Have A Good Message

Sailorprinzess

We all have songs that we think have a great message or motivate us in a certain way.

The song that I believe has a great message is called Everybody's Free to Wear Sunscreen by Baz Luhrmann. It's not really a song, since he is just talking. However I think this song is so true, and it could apply to everyone.

Music Video on YouTube

Lyrics to Everybody's Free to Wear Sunscreen:

Wear sunscreen.

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this advice now.

Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth. Oh, never mind. You will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they've faded. But trust me, in 20 years, you'll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can't grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked. You are not as fat as you imagine.

Don't worry about the future. Or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind, the kind that blindside you at 4 p.m. on some idle Tuesday.

Do one thing every day that scares you.

Sing.

Don't be reckless with other people's hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours.

Floss.

Don't waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long and, in the end, it's only with yourself.

Remember compliments you receive. Forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how.

Keep your old love letters. Throw away your old bank statements.

Stretch.

Don't feel guilty if you don't know what you want to do with your life. The most interesting people I know didn't know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives. Some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don't.

Get plenty of calcium. Be kind to your knees. You'll miss them when they're gone.

Maybe you'll marry, maybe you won't. Maybe you'll have children, maybe you won't. Maybe you'll divorce at 40, maybe you'll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary. Whatever you do, don't congratulate yourself too much, or berate yourself either. Your choices are half chance. So are everybody else's.

Enjoy your body. Use it every way you can. Don't be afraid of it or of what other people think of it. It's the greatest instrument you'll ever own.

Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your living room.

Read the directions, even if you don't follow them.

Do not read beauty magazines. They will only make you feel ugly.

Get to know your parents. You never know when they'll be gone for good. Be nice to your siblings. They're your best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.

Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle, because the older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young.

Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard. Live in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft. Travel.

Accept certain inalienable truths: Prices will rise. Politicians will philander. You, too, will get old. And when you do, you'll fantasize that when you were young, prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.

Respect your elders.

Don't expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you have a trust fund. Maybe you'll have a wealthy spouse. But you never know when either one might run out.

Don't mess too much with your hair or by the time you're 40 it will look 85.

Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia. Dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it's worth.

But trust me on the sunscreen.

---

So what song do you think has a great message? It could be in any language. <3

Guest clemie186

lol that song is quite funny :P

pretty original though

What songs motivate me?

I can't think of any... give me a little while and I'd come back to edit my useless post :)

Guest fragment

celine dion's power of the dream~ i listen to it really loud through earphones before i start studying cos it really motivates me for some reason. well, maybe that's why it was an olympic song >_> ahaha

songs that have a good message, i'll have to say a lot of mayday & epik high songs. ren sheng hai hai & fly are good examples~

Guest VioletSauce

Stacie Orrico's song Strong Enough.

I've been singing it alot lately.

Lifes not going so well but it's keeping me hopeful.

Lyricks - Deliver Me? I watched the video and seeing how he was at Africa volunteering, it made me think twice of what I want to do when I get older.

Guest Myss Blewm

Hahahaha, I love Baz Luhrmann!!!!!!

But my song would be "Hang on Little Tomato" by Pink Martini

"The sun has left and forgotten me

It’s dark, I cannot see

Why does this rain pour down

I’m gonna drown

In a sea

Of deep confusion

Somebody told me, I don’t know who

Whenever you are sad and blue

And you’re feelin’ all alone and left behind

Just take a look inside and you will find

You gotta hold on, hold on through the night

Hang on, things will be all right

Even when it’s dark

And not a bit of sparkling

Sing-song sunshine from above

Spreading rays of sunny love

Just hang on, hang on to the vine

Stay on, soon you’ll be divine

If you start to cry, look up to the sky

Something’s coming up ahead

To turn your tears to dew instead

And so I hold on to his advice

When change is hard and not so nice

You listen to your heart the whole night through

Your sunny someday will come one day soon to you"

Guest Paradox

Wasn't there another thread similar to this? Aw, well. I have the same answer, Matisyahu. If I need to be motivated I listen to "Youth"

Some of them come now

Some of the running

Some of them looking for fun

Some of them looking for away out of confusion

Some of them don't know where to be

Some of them don't know where to go

Some of them trust their instincts

That somethings missing from the show

Some don't fit society

Their insides are crying low

Some of them teachers squashed the flame

'fore it had a chance to grow

Some of them embers still glow

Them charcoal hushed and low

Some of them come with hunger supressed

Not fed them feel the death blo

Young man control in your hand

Slam your fist on the table

And make your demand

Take a stand

Fan a fire for the flame of the youth

Got the freedom to choose

You better make the right move

Young man, the power's in your hand

Slam your fist on the table and make your demand

You better make the right move

"youth is the engine of the world"

Storm the halls of vanity

Focus your energy

Into a laser beam

Streaming shattered light

Unites to pierce between the seams

And it seems

The world open peering

The children see

Rapid fire for your mind

Half a truth is just a lie

They rub me the wrong way

They say their way or fall behind

Seventeen disconnect left out

The concept as to why

There's a spiritual emptiness

So the youth them get vexed

Skip class and get wrecked

Feel with beer and cigarettes

To fill the hole in their chest

Guest cpopbaby19

jay chou's ting mama de hua (listen to mum)

^OMGOSH! yeah.

i totally dig that song~ though i can't really understand what it says~ XP

haha i know it's talking about mothers and such..! :w00t: i can never get tired of jay songs

and stacie orrico's more to life! ^^;

Guest a_lot_dumb

Kirk franklin - "Revolution" and "Lean on me" and Sonicflood - "Lord I lift your name on high"

CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD CHRISTIAN MUSIC FOR FREE I'M DESPERATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest hikkilurver

How about just motivate you? Happy Happy by Song Bo Ram, the song in My Girl. If it doesn't make you happy, I have no idea what song would.

Guest Sassy Aux Fruits.

Ummmmmmmmmm

Nas - I can..

in a way :D

Same.

I've been in love with that song since the first time I've heard it.

Archived