Official Perth Thread!

Antz

Guest TrainDriver
AHHA yeh our special weapon LOL, without that, i still dont know how to do proportional median by hand LMAO :X

propmedian program :oB)

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get that scaling document :/ i thought calculus got scaled up? and some subjects got scaled up and down :/

ahh i'll just try not to think about it for now ><

oh yeah, and ongi3000 haha, yeah xD for the exams me and joanna just use the prop med program that shows all the working out xD not many people in our school has the casio so we had a slight advantage in our mocks HAHA

Guest sulfuric_ACID

actually scaling is sometimes a good thing...say you all suck lol then you all get scaled up!! like in my year when everyone died from the calculus exam, i think everyone got scaled up..without scaling probably half the tee calc population would fail. it just depends on perspective i guess. and yeah..it can compare your marks better with the rest of the tee population from other schools

unless you do really, really, really crap, right? i was told that if do really, really bad.. like lowest or something, then you get scared down.. >.< because of that whole curve thing.

meh my careers advisor told me that. x.x eh. memories. T.T

Guest rain.lee.bow

scaling is a nightmare. i jus dont get it. i was complainin to my dad. lol. just not going to think about it.

omg today was so freaking hot. as soon as i walked out the lib poof. the heat. and tmr is like 39?!

Guest sulfuric_ACID

yeah i think like...with scaling you gotta have like some standard mark they scale you too...say 60% or something..i took this crappy unit last sem, everyone did quite good in it average was like 75%+...so they had to spread our marks to achieve this "faculty standard" and so like..our marks were way spread out in the end...i was on the lucky end hehe so i wasn't scaled down. yeah for the curve thing...i think marks are generally meant to follow a normal distribution...i think that's what they generally try to achieve with scaling..

and yeah 39 degrees tomorrow i'm gonna die i got an exam tomorrow..whihc i only started studying for an hour ago hahah. i'm heaps lazy..i've somehow convinced myself it's completely unnecessary to spend much time studying. i think i'm delusional

Guest TrainDriver

^hopefully the same will apply to me with info sys, i'm at the top end of a really bad average, but compared to other schools we might suck really badly :P haha i'm sitting in my gamesroom with all the blinds shut and the A/C going :D nice and cool but i gotta hit the books soon.

ohhhh. okay. thanks for the scaling info. i just hope i don't get scaled down heaps. T.T

OMG the weather sucked today... EEW! the library aircons were so nice <3 but once you step out.. EEW. i was pretty cold, actually, once i stepped out of the library. =S hopefully tomorrow won't be too bad. T.T 34 apparantly, but i'll check later~

yeh scaling me making me so scared >< since half the subjects i do will probably get scaled down ><

haha i havent been to the lib this wk but i actually got work done at home haha. i was slacking off on the wkends cuz i thought i had so much time for Chinese but i actually dont >< i got a whole book to do T___T

LOL!

i value my friends very much :D

i have absolutely nothing to do at home, anyway. i don't feel like watching videos in the day time. D:

i've been doing puzzles all day though ahahahahha :x

and the aircon is soo much better than at my house right now lolllllll.

Guest TrainDriver

just got back from accounting, straight forward so its pleasing :D lot easier than mock. *sigh* just info sys to go. nah i'm not doing anything for leavers. wanted to go overseas with some friends but some ppl didn't have enough money, and well the usual leavers spots here are for rowdy ppl :sweatingbullets:

haha yeah i heard about the accounting exam.. my friend was telling me about the first two questions taking up like 1/3 of the exam or something :/ but other than that, it was okay.

most of my friends finish their exams today... physics. ._." whilst i'm still in the library, wasting time on the internet, waiting for two of my friends to go somewhere, while keeping Kim company. i have a sad life. LOL.

nope, i'm not really going to leavers. not sure whether my friends and i are still planning to go to Mandurah for a day, but so far, i have nothing planned.

Archived