Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

@yvonneallen Let us also remember that the show is entitled TheReturnOfSuperman! It's about the 4 amazine Appas who were left to take care of their kids for 48-hours without the help from their wives.... Let us applaud these SuperAppas.... But of course a BIG SHOUT OUT TO APPA SONG IL KOOK for successfully taking care of "Not One, Not Two, But Three" equally amazing kids, whose age are at the stage that they needed their parents the most.... 

BRAVO Song Il Kook!!!!

The truth is I don't even know SIK before... don't throw a towel to me please... it's just recently that i am into KDramas....

And it is only in ROS that i came to know SIK... And i admired him so much because of this show that i researched about him and the dramas that he is in... Well, i just downloaded Jumong and Crime Squad, hopefully i can start watching it.... But then i am still hook in ROS, a true to life drama of SuperAppas....

• Like 1

This might have been posted before but it's still a pleasure to read again.

Triplet sons give Song a new image

07-Nov-2014
Appearances on ‘Return of Superman’ open a second act to his career

SIK_2014_32.jpg Actor Song Il-kook lifted the curtain on the second act of his acting career recently with a departure from the highly masculine roles in TV dramas such as “Jumong” (2006) and “A Man Called God” (2010), which have made his career since his debut in 1998.

He now shows a more mellow and caring side after he joined the KBS variety show “Return of Superman.” He came onto the show with his boy triplets, and started to show a more paternal image. He’s also fun, like the enjoyable uncle next door.

The change of image will be seen in his other works. “Entangled,” his first movie in 10 years, was released yesterday. He plays a weak, collapsing man who faces a breakdown of his family.

I’m more relaxed these days, or at least that’s what my acquaintances told me recently,” said Song in a recent interview with Ilgan Sports, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily.

Ten years ago I was more frigid, but the current version of myself knows how to make a joke. These are the changes I have gone through after I got married and had children,” Song said.

Q. Was it a hard decision to take part in the variety show?

A. I really sat on the idea. My wife strongly opposed it. Now I’m glad that I decided to do this and my wife now supports it greatly as well. On her end, it’s like getting a vacation every three weeks. The best thing is that I can do lots of things with my children. It’s more difficult than you can imagine carrying three children around. I feel like I could even survive an adventure in the Amazon jungle if I had only one kid. I’m so delighted that I can have some special moments with my children through the program. It allows my children and me to build some good memories. 

Q. Didn’t you worry about your children being exposed to the public?

Of course I worried. If they were at an age when they would realize they were on TV, I wouldn’t have decided to do it. Fortunately, the children are about 30 months old and they don’t acknowledge such an idea yet. 

I was worried if the children would be under a lot of stress. But, once the filming started, such worries disappeared. 

Q. How much time do you spend with your children besides filming the program?

On weekdays, we get help from a babysitter. I try to do my best to stay with the children when not working. If there’s nothing special scheduled, I spend weekends with the kids. Before they turned 1, my wife admitted that I did most of the childcare. 

Q. Don’t the kids look for their mom during filming?

Fortunately no. I’m not lying, but I think the children like me more than their mom because I try to brainwash them [by making them repeat they like me more]. Also, their mom is a full-time worker and my schedule [is more flexible than hers].

Q. Did you really mean it when you said you could raise them to become celebrities?

I meant to say that I want to support my children’s decisions. It doesn’t matter what career paths they choose, I just want them to be healthy. 

Q. Don’t you want a daughter?

I really do. When I first got married, I really dreaded having a boy because I was scared the kid would be just like me. I was a mess in my 20s and early 30s, and I don’t even want to remember those times. 

Q. How do you feel about being looked at as a very sweet father figure?

I have formed a better public image. I tried looking for comments about myself online, and I didn’t really have a very good reputation. I didn’t know that my public image was so bad in the past. I might have lost some charm from the characters I played in previous dramas, but I’m think I’m earning something better now. 

BY LEE SEUNG-MI [summerlee@joongang.co.kr]

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=2996994

• Like 1

Anyooong SIKers...

Sorry for making all of you uncomfortable but i'm already loose my patience now...i feel one of my fav. thread aka SIK thread is not as pleasant as before...its not because of the comments here but for some rude people who like to push " off topic " button...its seems they have personal sentiment with me...almost my posts about Daehan got off topic...LOL

SIK fans that i know are very welcome, friendly and respect everyone opinions...they never do something like this before...

If these people still continue to do the same thing again, i will inform this issue and give their names to the moderators...let them solve this matter...

• Like 1

Has anyone here watched Entangled? The plot and the ensemble casts seem pretty interesting I want to watch it so baaad. Could somebody give me a link for that?

As for this whole commotion about the airtime, let's just enjoy the show while they are still in there. The moment they realize about the camera, Song Appa and Omma will probably withdraw from the show in no time. The smarter they get, the nearer it seems :(

• Like 1

ukhti1010 said: Has anyone here watched Entangled? The plot and the ensemble casts seem pretty interesting I want to watch it so baaad. Could somebody give me a link for that? As for this whole commotion about the airtime, let's just enjoy the show while they are still in there. The moment they realize about the camera, Song Appa and Omma will probably withdraw from the show in no time. The smarter they get, the nearer it seems :(

• Like 1

badsmuler

said: Anyooong SIKers...

Sorry for making all of you uncomfortable but i'm already loose my patience now...i feel one of my fav. thread aka SIK thread is not as pleasant as before...its not because of the comments here but for some rude people who like to push " off topic " button...its seems they have personal sentiment with me...almost my posts about Daehan got off topic...LOL

SIK fans that i know are very welcome, friendly and respect everyone opinions...they never do something like this before...

If these people still continue to do the same thing again, i will inform this issue and give their names to the moderators...let them solve this matter...

• Like 1

Oh my! I went back to read some of my posts and figure that I actually didnt't write what I intended to write.  For example "For me it doesn't matter how gets more time because they are all SIK's fans" should have read "For me it doesn't matter who gets more time because they are all SIK's kids".  One time I wrote "apologize me" instead of "forgive me" it was the opposite of what i wanted to say.   LOL.  I'm too lazy to proof read my post but I think i should do that.  If any read my posts and think I write anything offensive please PM to ask me whether that was something I intended to write.  
These are the three characters in a cartoon that the triplets loves.  the one of the left is Peso, Manse's idol, the middle character of captain Barnacles, Minguk's idole, and the one on the right is kitten Kwazii, Daehan's idol.  In ep 67, you see Manse was rolling all over the floor and Minguk was trying to rescue him, that was part of the story that watched in the cartoon and they were trying to enact that scene.
11041954_692594494184986_237791980239439

• Like 1

charmy2 said: @badsmuler, this is SIK thread we're posting about the triplets here because the babies are SIK's babies, they are related though I have to admit it's somewhat off topic because SIK thread is  now turning into DH-MK-MS thread but none of us here would mind and I don't think SIK would mind either that his kids take over his thread. 
I think brand-newbies do not understand why anything other than SIK are posted here in SIK thread  That's what may be going on in the mind.  If that's the case it is somewhat logical that you can be considered off topic to them.  But I also get a couple of off topic votes for posting about Minguk in the RoS thread!. Go figure!  

• Like 1

ju530foPU7H6r.jpg
Don't you think Minguk looks like appa in the picture? 
A couple months ago, in the RoS thread, I commented this picture  "They do look alike. LOL.   However, I see from other appa/triplet pictures, each of them looks like appa too" and that was voted as Off Topic.  I got another Off Topic for another similar post like this.  I can't figure out why it's off topic when the triplets' topic is posted in the triplets' thread. Haha...that's fine.  I can't expect people to love everything I say though.  What I did is that I stopped posting there.  Well I don't have pictures and videos to post anyways.

• Like 1

@badsmuler‌ oh no! Someone. Click off topic again! Dont mess up with our baby daehanie he doesn't deserve "hate",, he's an angel and this thread is SIK appa so it means any topic about triplets can post here!! :x :x

These people got nothing to do I suggest dont come here and mess up!!! :P:P

• Like 1

Good morning SIKers...  ~O)
Its time for us to learn how to break the board from urri adorable triplets…

You can use both of your hands and lower arms too as long as you’re handsome and charming like my Daehanie…LOL

tumblr_inline_nkko5ywxQT1t73j6x.gif

tumblr_inline_nkko785HhC1t73j6x.gif

tumblr_inline_nkko7jXBiB1t73j6x.gif

Master Mingukie…like a pro…

tumblr_inline_nkkvs81I5t1t73j6x.gif

tumblr_inline_nkkvtefflr1t73j6x.gif

tumblr_inline_nkkvttdOMb1t73j6x.gif

Manse’s style…ask the teacher to helps to break it for you…hahaha

tumblr_inline_nkl6dzRznk1t73j6x.gif

tumblr_inline_nkl6eh9NIl1t73j6x.gif

tumblr_inline_nkl6i7rufe1t73j6x.gif

Credit as tagged

• Like 1

Guest leix_

Is there a thread for the triplets? I haven't looked around soompi for ages. Anyway, please don't feel like people are attacking anyone here or SIK or Daehan. If it's anything, it actually looks like they are attacking Minguk indirectly. There are very active members who love Daehanie and that's fine and good. I just notice though that sometimes it's to the point of only about him even if it's not him who did this and that. Sigh I hope I'm making sense. If not you can PM me. :smile: But my post is really for the pictures of SIK. Pictures overload! Thank you! I've always thought he's handsome, I was just too preoccupied with Rain that I didn't pay attention to anyone else. :neutral_face:

charmy2 said:
Don't you think Minguk looks like appa in the picture? 
A couple months ago, in the RoS thread, I commented this picture  "They do look alike. LOL.   However, I see from other appa/triplet pictures, each of them looks like appa too" and that was voted as Off Topic.  I got another Off Topic for another similar post like this.  I can't figure out why it's off topic when the triplets' topic is posted in the triplets' thread. Haha...that's fine.  I can't expect people to love everything I say though.  What I did is that I stopped posting there.  Well I don't have pictures and videos to post anyways.

Guest daehanna

annyeong chinggus!!!

We have our own favorites among the triplets obviously, but I hope this will not create any misunderstanding in this thread. After all, they are brothers and they all deserve our love and support

SPREAD THE LOVE!!!