Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Oooh! Thanks so much for translating the fan accounts orangemonkie! 8D

I'm glad some of the fans were able to get her autograph even though the manager/translator were mean and unrelenting! Hyo Joo must be very happy to know that she has fans outside of South Korea! I remember her being surprised that she had American fans when she went to the USA to film the Korean Air CFs! ^_^

And I agree with theresia about being glad that Hyo Joo didn't wear a short dress to the event. You can see Lee So Yeon covering her thighs with a blanket throughout the entire time she was sitting down. That must be a nuisance and probably spoils a bit of the first time experience for Hyo Joo. She'd constantly worry about covering her thighs instead of paying attention haha

I can't believe the VIP tickets were $66! O_O That's a lot especially considering the VIP wasn't anything special.. Dang D: And the organizers had to cancel the autograph session last minute too right? I think I read that on Baidu somewhere lol. But wow, to be honest, I don't think I would've complained for that long of a time if I got to see Hyo Joo up close and be able to touch her :lol:

Primeo: ooh! So you're definitely going to Seoul then?! How exciting! I hope you're able to see/meet Hyo Joo! :o You'll have to take lots of pictures and videos for us! haha And you must tell us your experience! :w00t: I think a book is a great idea of a present! :) Hyo Joo does love to read and her Korean fans are often giving her books as presents as well. I don't think Hyo Joo will have that much of a difficult time to read an English book.. Her boss, Lee Byung Hun, said she was fluent in English and Japanese so.. haha What book do you plan on giving her?

Oscar: LOL! I'm Chinese too and Hyo Joo speaks better Mandarin than I ever could! And I went to Chinese school for like 6 years! AHAHAHA !! Oh wells :sweatingbullets: I'm excited to see if she'll surprise her HK fans by speaking Cantonese ^_^ Even if it's just introducing herself and greeting the fans haha It'd be so surreal because I speak Cantonese too XD

Guest kayana20

Hyo strikes again she switched into her style. I love how mysteriously beautiful she looks and her shoes are fierce. I would pay to see Hyo too since I work in NY I miss everyone. That Lotte event sounds like so much fun too and an autograph to treasure too. I think Hyo gets chosen for so many Ambassadors is because she represents herself so well and is so caring and appreciative of the opportunities people give her. The acting and presence matches too.Ahh so excited for the event pictures and have fun to all going to the Lotte event.

Guest shy_hyo

thank you......so much for all the updates...kozuesan, orangemonkie, theresia_warner and bashful_harmony...wub.gif

hey primeo, fighting!!!!! good luck, hope you can meet her....

well, here is about Design Korea 2010, I have posted the link before.....

7 - 12 December 2010

DESIGN KOREA 2010

Organised by Icsid Promotional Member Korea Institute of Design Promotion (KIDP), the Festival aims to provide an introduction to the latest trends and information in the design business as well as an opportunity to expand design business networks. It consists of the World Best Design Exchange 2009, Design Korea 2009 International Conference, Legacy for the Future Design Award, B2B workshops and many other concurrent events.

Under the theme of 'Good to Great: Design and Brand Power,' the DESIGN KOREA 2010 International Conference will emphasize the relationship between and the value of design and brand. It will also offer an opportunity to witness the latest design trends and successful case studies and a venue to discuss the social role and future direction of design for the innovation and development of national and corporate brands.

An exhibition of good design products recommended by G20 countries' design-related authorities and organizations.

Design Korea 2010, which also commemorates Korea’s hosting of the G20 Summit held last week, brings together some of the largest design functions in the country, including Korea Design Exhibition, a youth design fair and GD (Good Design) event. Organizers will also display exemplary design products from the G-20 member nations.

you can see the details in here...(I just found the article in English)

http://www.asiae.co....111614102854259

so, it is a government event too......well, orangemonkie...this is for you, haha..

Thanks for the article on what the Design Korea is shy_hyo! :D I can't wait to see the appointment ceremony on the 18th! :D More pictures of Hyo Joo! YAY! haha Dong Yi has been over for a while now (a month?) yet she's still super busy... And is already looking at future projects :o

kayana20: I agree! I love her style for the airport.. It's very fashionable and fierce. I loveeee all her boots that she's worn so far ahaha. Boots really look good on her especially because of her long legs. Hopefully one day, Hyo Joo will come back to NY for Fashion Week or for another CF and you could see her! Ahaha I'm happy for Hyo Joo. She must be very thankful and appreciative for being selected to be ambassadors for so many organizations.

Here's a short and brief article on Hyo Joo being picked PR Ambassador ^_^

Han Hyo-joo picked PR Ambassador for Design Korea 2010

Actress Han Hyo-joo has been selected the promotional ambassador for a major design fair in Korea scheduled to open early next month.

A press release from Design Korea 2010 made the announcement on Tuesday and explained that Han was selected for her “good-natured and sophisticated image.”

The appointment ceremony will take place on November 18 at the Renaissance Seoul Hotel.

Han, 23, rose to stardom throughout Korea and Asia after starring as a heroine in several hit dramas including “Brilliant Legacy (2009)” and historical drama “Dong Yi (2010).”

Design Korea 2010 will take place for six days from December 7 to 12 at Hall D and the Grand Ballroom of COEX in Seoul.

The latest event, which also commemorates Korea’s hosting of the G20 Summit held last week, brings together some of the largest design functions in the country, including Korea Design Exhibition, a youth design fair and GD (Good Design) event.

Organizers will also display exemplary design products from the G-20 member nations.

source: http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?sec=ent5&idxno=2010111614102854259

Guest shy_hyo

and......I am very glad to know that Hyo Joo was selected because her good natured and sophisticated image......smile.gif

I agree with that point, Hyo Joo did perform so....natural when she was in Taiwan with the black dress, no matter if some of Taiwanese reporter don't like her simply style.

and she has sophisticated image when she speaks out about G20 in an interview...

wowwwwww....what an extraordinary image that she has...it is quite different than any other actress in showbiz industry, who prefer to look glamorous in public...

oustanding Han Hyo Joo....laugh.gif

Thanks orangemonkie for the info.

However I still don't quite understand it. I need to apply or pay in order to join the Christmas party? There was no mention on the time she'll appear at the party?

Lotte World is a theme park and the entrance ticket fee is 37000 won. I went to their English site but no mention of application. In fact there is a Lotte World hotel. I'll be staying at Lotte City hotel. There are many Lotte outlets in Korea, lotte departmental stores, lotte supermarkets. Oh dear! looks like it's going to be an uphill task for me to find her.

bashful_harmony, thought of getting a book (about life, obstacles maybe) from a Christian store but I'm not sure if I can meet her. If I need to apply to get into the party, my concern is if there's an English form and the event may meant for "selected" locals only.

Guest oscarvxd

@primeo: I really hope that you get to meet Han Hyo Joo after the daunting task of finding her. I've no idea that Lotte outlets.

I dunno if it is just me but she looks tired in the pictures in www.ipravs.com. I liked her Mr.Pizza picture :wub:

I hate to break the bad news to you primeo, but I believe that the Lotte event is for selected guests only. I believe the company will be doing a raffle where 3000 selected participants will be chosen to attend the event. The only ways to nominate yourself is by filling out this form on the Lotte Card website, or calling their Korean phone number ><

Hopefully I am wrong though!

- - - - -

more Taiwan pictures

e039140ea6786bac36d12283.jpg

ce22eea79ea7f7ded1435882.jpg

a221ced07c91aec4a0ec9c81.jpg

150199faa75844c29e514683.jpg

52151c7e0f115a730cd7da80.jpg

26173cef9f5598a4ce1b3e82.jpg

7643efa9dfb3f0b71e17a28c.jpg

1110a524968aa860d4074280.jpg

903b8a97c87d022655fb9682.jpg

98e8916dc66a8db043169480.jpg

3c19ed3484980f05251f1480.jpg

02fb5003b9d6e9c3d43f7c81.jpg

Video footage:

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=936302140

Thanks bashful, I believe you're right. Sad isn't it? So near and yet so far. So, instead of seeing her, I just get a copy of the Vogue Korea back. I wonder if I can get a Lotte Card with her picture on it. Anyway, it's my first visit to Seoul, I'm still excited about it but I've not plan my itinerary yet. I'll be there over that weekend. Do let me know if either one of you come across news of another event during that week. Many Thanks.

orangemonkie, thanks for the picutres and the translation. Wooaaahhh! those were great pictures of Hyo Joo in the airport. :w00t: . She looks sooooo beautiful....I mean she is just  tooooo beautiful just walking like that. I always look forward to seeing her in her daily clothes because she wears them with a lot of elegance.   :wub:  And awww, I just love the fan encounters. I'd love to see that smile in person, too. And hooray for the fans standing up for Hyo Joo against those mean writers who were just pretentious critics. Sometimes writers tend to mean just to conform. It seems that those writers already have a preconceived judgment on Hyo Joo that I believe they'll have something bad to say whatever she'll do or wear. If she chose a shorter skirt, I think they'd still something bad, if she opted not to play the erhu, I think they'd also say she doesn't appreciate the gift.  

shy_hyo and bashful_harmony, thank you so much for the news about Hyo Joo being the ambassador for Design Korea 2010. The korean government seems to have great trust on Hyo Joo since she has been appointed to numerous government projects and organizations (ie G20, population and census and design korea in just 2010 alone). As a fans, it feels great that one of the reasons behind this is her good-natured and soihisticated image.     ^_^  

bashful_harmony, I'm so glad you're back! we feel lost without you here ^_^ .  Thanks for the vid.

primeo, the best luck for you. I really hope that even with just a small chance you'd get to see Hyo Joo in the flesh.  Who knows you might bump in to her when she comes out of the place where lotte will hold the prechristmas celeb. I'd sure want to have a chance to see Hyo Joo, too. My  family is supposed to go to Hongkong this christmas and we were supposed to be there in the 26th but it was cancelled. Awww, there goes my chance of seeing Hyo Joo.   :(

Guest theresia_warner

bashful, thank you so much for the updates. :D

I love her Lotte Pictures. :wub: :wub:

She looks extremely gorgeous w00t.gifw00t.gif.

Primeo, why you don't try go to her management Office which is BH entertainment.

who knows they will arrange your meeting with Hyo Joo considering you come from far away.

I'm sure in the management office there will be staff who can speak English.

But just an idea. ;)

anyway, good luck and Fighting.

I really wish you will meet Hyo Joo. :) :)

Guest orangemonkie

bashful_harmony: hahaha! yea! the host had mistaken the VIPs as reporters. -.-" :sweatingbullets: yup, it was cancelled few days before the event. the fans mentioned that the event was organised in a rush and they didn't do much promotion for it. so these could be the reasons why there were not that many people at the event.

shy_hyo: hahahhaa! thank you so much! wow! it seems like an interesting event! :lol: but she gotta be super busy until dec. i wonder when she will have her break! :lol:

primeo: sorry! there is no detailed information available about the time she will be at the party. but i will try to keep a look out for any upcoming events. btw, when will you be there? (:

kozuesan: hahaha yea! she's got great fashion sense! but i don't know why she wasn't nominated for style icon 2010. hahaha! yea! anyway, Apply Daily reporters have really bad reputation in the entertainment biz. they always make the whole situation looks bad. :/

"Dong Yi" main cast promotes series in Taiwan

Korean actors Ji Jin-hee, Han Hyo-joo and Bae Soo-bin visited Taiwan over the weekend to promote their TV series "Dong Yi".

Their agencies announced on Wednesday that the three stars were in Taiwan from November 14 to 16 to attend a promotional event hosted by Taiwan's GTV for MBC's historical epic "Dong Yi", which began its run in the prime time slot of GTV starting November 15.

After flying into the country on Saturday, Ji, Han and Bae met with about 1,000 fans the following day to speak about "Dong Yi".

At the event, Ji, who last visited Taiwan six years ago for "Dae Jang Geum", took pictures with the local fans with his own camera, Han played the haegeum [a two-stringed Korean traditional fiddle] which she had received from as gift, while Bae showed off his swordsmanship just like his character in the show.

The next day, the three stars were interviewed by numerous local medias including UDN.com, China Times, NEXT TV, MTV and Channel V and appeared on variety programs to promote their show.

"Dong Yi" is about a woman named Dong Yi who grows up to become Choi Suk-bin, a consort of King Sukjong and the mother of King Youngjo during the Joseon Dynasty.

The show had dominated Korea's TV ratings charts for Monday and Tuesday evenings, taking the No. 1 spot during its time slot for several weeks.

The 60-part series has also been sold to ten countries including Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, the Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.

source: http://www.hancinema.net/dong-yi-main-cast-promotes-series-in-taiwan--26092.html

- - - - -

Preview of the December issue of Vogue Korea

94bdff7a665031bf0ad187aa.jpg

Other BH Entertainment actors/actresses are part of it as well.. I'm guessing it's an annual tradition for them to pose in a magazine together near the end of the year? lol I remember last year's when for InStyle magazine and Hyo Joo had that ugly hair :( ahaha

More Taiwan pictures

6e4805fa47ba6cdc58ee9013.jpg

59ae3d4eb99adf81d0c86a11.jpg

0658cece737bb64893457e12.jpg

fb8ecb5c56bf1908faf2c013.jpg

54955816201011172022393907453852381_005_640.jpg

54955816201011172022393907453852381_003_640.jpg

54955816201011172022393907453852381_004_640.jpg

54955816201011172022393907453852381_006_640.jpg

54955816201011172022393907453852381_002_640.jpg

54955816201011172022393907453852381_000_640.jpg

2e0008a418b33bc047106490.jpg

54955816201011172031243104041161837_000_640.jpg

Omgsh She's so gorgeous *o*

MTV Taiwan Interview with the Dong Yi stars...Hyo Joo is wearing a red dress in this one. What was the caricatures all about:lol:    and what were they eating/tasting? They seem to be enjoying the food.

http://v.youku.com/v...IzMzA1NDUy.html

Promoting Dong Yi in another interview. Hyo Joo's wearing the same shirt as the one in the last picture of bashful's post#7576

http://v.youku.com/v...IzMzA1Mjg0.html

Regarding the Vogue pictorial of the BH entertainment talents, which one is Hyo Joo? I'm guessing she's the one in the red dress sitting at the middle.