Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

^

XD It'd be such an ironic if that were the title :P haha

I feel like fate has made them cross paths with each other, yet... They're not together! haha

Nonstop 5 they were together for like... one episode I think >.>

They're both 1987ers, but Seung Gi is only a month older :P

Hyo Joo was in Iljimae, Seung Gi was supposed to be in The Return of Iljimae

Hmmmms.... lol.

kr4ever: Thanks so much for sharing that fan account! :D

Seems like the event was kind of short...? I thought they'd do some fun things together haha, but lucky fans :(

And LOL at the 99 = 66 XD

I'm really impressed with Seung Gi's Japanese :o

suncine445: It's great to hear that BL is doing pretty good in Japan considering how neither Hyo Joo or Seung Gi have officially debuted in Japan yet. ^^

And it makes me so happy to hear that SeungJoo are so at ease with one another :D

I can't wait until Dong Yi *shaking and crying.

Guest kr4ever

There's a Chinese-translated transcript of the interview Hyo Joo and Seung Gi did at the BL press conference in Japan:

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=725233154

Could anyone translate this please? ^^''

The press conference was held at 3pm, all the seats (20 for camera crew, 50 for reporters) were filled, and in addition, there were over 100 people standing.

Both HHJ and SeungGi greeted the press in Japanese.

Q: What was your first impression of the script and what was the atmosphere like on the set of the drama?

SeungGi: The company president gave me the script saying she recommended it, and many other people considered it to be a good one. I had to start thinking about being the lead character. After I read the script, I realized that the character, being very self-centered, is opposite from my own image. I thought it would be very interesting to try to portray this. I was also worried, of course. But I ended up having a lot of fun during the filming.

Q: The ratings in Korea continued to surge from the initial 16%?

SeungGi: If an actor doesn't have any expectations from his work, that would be a lie. But the PD and I didn't expect very much. It was my first leading role, and I saw it as a learning experience and a challenge. The surge in the ratings, that's all thanks to the viewers. It was fun working with HHJ, and the whole team got along very well. After the ratings went up, the atmosphere on the set became even better.

Q: what was the most memorable scene?

HHJ: ... SeungGi was very passionate about his acting. He even memorized my lines and I would see him reciting them in front of me even though it was my turn. I had a lot of NGs because of that.

SeungGi: It's true. I'm sorry.

I still remember our kiss scenes. I tried really hard to make the picture look nice, but HHJ later told me that it didn't work too well. It seems that I didn't try hard enough. I will work harder in the future.

credit: English translation by tryp96

[ChanMi's star news] Han Hyo-joo and Lee Seung-ki at Japan!

Japanese fans are astounded by Han's beauty!

"Shining Inheritance" starring the Han Hyo-joo and Lee Seung-ki was being promoted in Japan.

The airing of the drama on Japanese television has brought them to the country where they were interviewed and met new fans.

Japanese fans say that Han seems very sophisticated and poised at such a young age!

Her image is very pure and appealing to the fans.

Will Han Hyo-joo be the new Choi Ji-woo or Lee Young-ae?

source: http://www.hancinema.net/chanmi-s-star-new...pan--22541.html

Dong Yi’s official posters

Speaking of new Monday-Tuesday dramas, here’s a look at another: MBC’s Dong Yi comes out the same day as SBS’s Oh! My Lady, albeit an hour later in the regular prime-time slot. These new posters feature Dong Yi’s lead actress in the title role, Han Hyo-joo. In reference to her character’s initial status as a water maid in the palace, the main poster above shows Han standing on water.

In the second poster below, the rest of the main cast is pictured, including King Suk-jong (Ji Jin-hee), the ambitious concubine Lady Jang (Lee So-yeon), Dong-yi’s devoted Chun-soo (Bae Soo-bin), police officer Seo Yong-ki (Jung Jin-young), and the queen (Park Ha-sun).

My personal favorite is the third poster, which shows the progression of Dong-yi’s character in the two images of Han Hyo-joo. At left, she is a simple servant girl, and she later becomes a royal consort and mother to a king.

Dong Yi premieres next week, on March 15, in Pasta’s slot on MBC.

source: http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/03/dong-yis-official-posters/

Just a fun little FAQ lol, the poster where Hyo Joo's in the purple/blue hanbok and standing above water... It's real water! PD LBH didn't want to use special effects, so Hyo Joo had to constantly gently shift her feet around to create the ripples :)

cindy...thanks for the article… :)

I’m glad that the Japanese fans like and praised her…

And I agree with them….Hyo Joo looks so pretty and elegant in BL Fans Meeting…

I like her dress and her makeup….even her hairdo... :D

So proud of her…

I think when she sang with LSG……she didn’t nervous… judging from the pic... :rolleyes:

I wish there is a video about their performance…

^

No problems! ;D

And I'm really happy and excited to hear that she was warmly welcomed by the Japanese :)

That means she'll have a shot at debuting in Japan one day :o lol.

I think it's nice that Hyo Joo's looks are so versatile :)

She can easily look so different just by having a different hairstyle.

She probable wasn't as nervous as when she performed at the SBS Drama Awards lol. Not as many people and definitely not a sexy So Ji Sub watching her among the audience :P

& I wish there was a video too :( From the super short snippet in the Japanese news video, they sounded really cute together XD

Actress Han Hyo-joo promotes drama in Japan

Korean actress Han Hyo-joo was in Japan last week to promote her hit TV series "Shining Inheritance," according to her agency BH Entertainment on Tuesday.

The actress arrived in Japan last Friday for the press conference of "Inheritance" as well as a fan meeting and round table interview.

The show, which began its run March 2 on Japan's public network Fuji TV, recorded viewership ratings of 5.3 percent on the first day of its showing.

BH said Fuji has requested Han for her continued cooperation in Fuji's plans to further market "Inheritance" as well as help the actress gain wider popularity in Japan.

She has also already received offers to appear in Japanese television commercials, BH added.

Han made her debut in 2004 through MBC sitcom "Nonstop 5" and has since appeared in several movies and dramas including "Spring Waltz" and "Iljimae." She shot to stardom however, through "Inheritance" which scored ratings past 45 percent last year.

She will star in historical drama "Dong Yi," helmed by director Lee Byung-hoon of "Jewel in the Palace" fame, starting next week.

Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

source: http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?sec=e...030915441906709

Oh I hope she accepted those CF offers! :o

Guest allanpuge23

Hi All...

Wow i miss soompi specially this thread (My Office blocks soompi dunno why?)

wow there is so much update tnx cindy,iceangela, fujiwara no sai and to all who contributed...

i really miss hyo joo but im glad that dong yi will start soon... well hopefully somebody sub it because im planning do DL all the episodes...

lastly

goodluck to HHJ and all the cast of dong yi hope the rating will explode to 50% :D

Guest iceangela

hello bashful, yeah of course you may use it. :) haha to think of hyojoo posing the 'V' sign for a historical drama poster is making me ROFL!!! LOL! That would be very funny huh. haha. Thanks lots for all the updates and translations, guys! :D

hi allanpuge, nice to meet ya! haha yepp, hopefully someone will sub it and upload it somewhere? :) & I'm sure dong yi will be a big hit with such great casts and script? and of course all their hard work!

& omg!!! 2nd preview of dongyi is out!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YnWAgSqCzI

Though hyojoo is still not in the preview, but it does look kind of interesting. Little dong yi is so adorable! :) haha. I wonder what they're saying in the preview... :mellow:

Guest iceangela

Screencaps from dongyi preview 2:

a7f0786d932c84ce42169448.jpg

234a134ea780e73cb2de0548.jpg

b1dc90629de1d3e8e6113a4c.jpg

db01d0ca9b1091b3c8176848.jpg

29d43ecbde92c42abf09e64d.jpg

190fd5ef6a1391dacf1b3e4d.jpg

a0c1c8b1fbc67f610823024d.jpg

2a21c294c6174b2bd31b704d.jpg

7c388afc8cc2bcb7b801a04e.jpg

a79cf7b7d1743ac130add14e.jpg

8c1049f3051f4dfe0b46e04e.jpg

6d0df57e3255530d0dd7da4e.jpg

3005d816dd2c9964f2de324e.jpg

535594130c26b4375baf534e.jpg

330f378b1fc68f27c9fc7a4e.jpg

fd513df07fe099f67831aa4f.jpg

db33912acce202ae023bf64f.jpg

b528e9af260a95f97dd92a4f.jpg

629c9458f6685ab4810a184f.jpg

b90efc12922bf5fbc2fd784f.jpg

081d368d31a00f27b21bba48.jpg

9d3927d049d5a7baa1ec9c4f.jpg

cr baidu.

Dongyi pics:

2587dbdc6d634aec8c10296b.jpg

1ce224c9b736ff227e3e6f6b.jpg

423bbc55fe8ceb61574e006b.jpg

593efc259ea8a11ed507426b.jpg

587039be6c30b63f18d81f74.jpg

c5209b076b243c4e03088175.jpg

afbfacefb7c263ceb3fb956b.jpg

cr as labeled.

Why isn't hyojoo appearing yet??? T.T

^

Dang! That's so many extras in the court scene :o And they're all in a straight line.... amazing haha. I can't wait till we see Hyo Joo play the Korean harp! Dong Yi is looking very promising! Such a large production.. I pray Hyo Joo will be able to do a good job.. I know a lot of people aren't expecting much from her performance, but it'd be so great if she does a wonderful portrayal. And young Dong Yi is adorable! She's going to grow up to be a beautiful girl and a lovely actress. She's got a bright future ahead of her :)

LOL Hyo Joo probably hasn't even started filming her parts yet, since the first couple of episodes will focus on the younger her. But I would've thought they'd film SOMETHING with Hyo Joo in it for the teasers, since we've seen Bae Soo Bin and Lee So Yeon. I don't think Ji Jin Hee has popped up in the teasers either. Hmmms.. lol I want to see her in pretty hanboks T_T

Haha, your graphics are so pretty -____-' And omgah, it'd be so weird seeing serious, contemplative Dong Yi posing with pufferfish cheeks and a peace sign :lol: It just does not compute in my head :P I hope someone will pick up Dong Yi to sub too :( Especially since it's MBC's 49th Anniversary project *sighs. Maybe a group will later on? Hopefully before Dong Yi begins airing though.. At least there's always Viikii lol.

Looking at Dong Yi's competitors of that timeslot, I think it's fairly obvious that Dong Yi will come out on top. It'll be competing with Jejoongwon (SBS) & Birth of a Rich (KBS). MBC Mon-Tue sageuks never fail to catch the viewers' attention, but you never know, so we'll see :)

Thanks for sharing all the pictures and the links! :D

allanpuge: Hey there! Haven't seen you in here in a while :P

I miss this thread and Hyo Joo when I'm too busy to update, so I know how you feel T_T haha

I'm so excited for Dong Yi now! The potential of epicness has got me jumping on my seat in anticipation! I hope a subbing group will pick up Dong Yi to sub too :( If not... We're going to have to rely on Viikii for all 50 episodes x_x And dang, you're going to download all the episodes?! I feel bad for your hard drive haha

And I hope Dong Yi has a successful run too... 50% ratings is really high :lol: I just hope it'll have a steady viewership rating :o But of course, it'd be awesome if Dong Yi got as popular as BL and exceeded its highest rating :P

Samsung NX10 photos :)

Holy crap! Hyo Joo looks soooo much like SHK in some of these pictures! And she's so insanely gorgeous lately, it's not even funny...

bcaa01f3e7273bfe0b46e0a3.jpg

78595f661cfb4911aa184ca3.jpg

4eae14d820d3f10032fa1ca3.jpg

8d0d8f2620105e228b82a1a3.jpg

f7a52c3fd5e33bd955e723a3.jpg

I wonder where these pictures were shot? The backdrop/buildings look European, specifically either France or Italy, to me :o Don't tell me she was in Europe too TT-TT I WANT MORE PICTURES!!

*opens Photoshop. Hello old friend~

P.S. She needs some chapstick :P lol

^

No problem! And indeed, she's looking gorgeous in those pictures!

I really hope more photos are released because... just wow.

So the people over at Baidu are saying the pictures were probably taken in Japan.

24aa0fed024620e0b31cb1ed.jpg

The scenery looks familiar, eh? lol Even Hyo Joo's style is familar.

- - - - -

Rumored presscon date for Dong Yi is on Thursday, March 18th at 2:00 PM.

Guest Laggystreet

Hello everyone... another chinese fan from Singapore is here. I just finished watching Brilliant Legacy in 5 days...with the last day being yesterday and today I am suffering from withdrawal effects...arghhhhh.

Han Hyo Joo Fighting !!!

^

Welcome to Soompi! And welcome to Hyo Joo's thread :D :D

Hehe, I think I finished BL in 5 days too :P It's so addictive it's not even funny :mellow:

Ahahaa, you're suffering from withdrawal already?! :P Have you Youtubed all the HwanSung fanvideos?

Watched SeungJoo's performance at the SBS Drama Awards? ^^

- - - - -

So, the new Samsung photos were taken in Japan :) lol. Totally fooled me! I would've thought it was Europe :o

Anyways... SeungJoo's visit to Japan definitely boosted up BL's ratings! :D

According to http://blog.oricon.co.jp/kareinaruisan/, ratings for the March 9th episode rose to 6.8%! :D

It beat My Name is Kim Sam Soon's highest rating in Japan, which was 6.7% BL fighting!

They showed this video after airing episodes 6-9 :) It's from the press con

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWJegDO56y8

Also, Cindy fails at Photoshop *cries.

Guest allanpuge23

Hi All.. Thanks again for the updates...

@cindy

:D i buy 1tb hard drive just for HHJ drama's but i have a problem where to download them specially the old ones...

I finished BL, Ad Lib night and NS5 (197-257). well the next one i'm planning to DL is iljimae i think that is available in iljimae forums.. well can you help me finding site's where can i DL spring waltz and i think amahae is going to be a problem...

and about the subs well it's 11 more days before dongyi and and i'm starting to lose hope that a subbing group will pick this drama. Well im glad that vikki is there (it's better than nothing)

and lastly i just i want to comment about the hair of our HHJ in BL press conference in japan... i agree with you all but her pretty face just stand out so much...

Talking about Hyo Joo’s dramas....I always rewatched all of them…except for Iljimae….

Bcoz not much Hyo Joo scenes in that drama.... :rolleyes:

But I never watch Hyo Joo’s old movies… I had trouble to find the link for Download them…

By the way… I accidentally read an interesting title in hyo Joo’s cafedaum..

The title is “ Heaven’s Postman released in Japan”… :o ...It is true?

Or I’m wrong about that…

Sorry if I’m wrong…bcoz I can’t read Korean…the translation is from google...hehe