-[[Fa.Ru.Xue.]]- ** by Jay

Guest raspberylotion22

Guest raspberylotion22
1st clip since the new soompi
hi soompi singers i'm back. sorry i've been a super lazy-butt and haven't sung anything for a couple of months. so this is basically my first clip after soompi restarted. i started it yesterday and just finished it about 10 minutes ago. it's called "Fa Ru Xue" (hair like snow? der...) originally by Jay Chou. fantasiimaker's version completely blew me away. it was beautiful. so i decided to do my own version. we have very different voices, so i approahced this song with a different style. soooo enjoy. =D my soundclick

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fantasiimaker

Yay you sang something finally =DD

Lol you put my version to shame ^^ you give it a more female-vocal feel. And the little trills you add in some places are a nice touch =) You're so well controlled, especially with the higher notes in the chorus; you're also more defined, whereas I kind of went soft and wispy xD

Beautiful, confident voice =] I really hope you sing more!

Fa Ru Xue rocks <3<3

I swear you and Lisa are making me starting to like Jay Chou. Well, more like I like his female versions of the songs. I still very much dislike the way he sings and how he slurs everything and nothing makes sense.

Anyway, I was listening to this song in the car today, it is indeed one of his master pieces. You did a exquisite job! I love how clear and frail yet strong your voice is. And I love the way you pronounce Chinese; it's very accurate and clear, love them. I also love how you put so much emotion into this song. You should definitely sing more! You will be on HIGH DEMAND soon. I can sense it already.

:P

The ending always cracks me up. LAR AH LAR AHHH~~ -___-; wtfff is LAR? Jay Chou and his lyrics-with-no-meaning. Oy....

Guest JUN-YEE

wow you sang this song really well ^^ i like how you sang this song for some reason. everything was right on but maybe except the the second time you sang the chorus where jay chou strains his voice [邀明月让回忆皎洁] ? i think when you sang that part, it wasn't as strong as jay chou sang it.

if you're trying to have the same feel as the original song, then i think you should try to make certain lyrics sound a bit stronger and more emotion. but overall, i really liked how you sang this song

Guest Sakura Li

Yay Hanuel!! (I can still call you Hanuel right? XD) I get to hear your beautiful voice again!!

Awww!! I really wished you sang that one part.. Not the Lar ah Lar (thank gawd you didn't sing that part XD) I thoroughly enjoyed it! It's great to hear your amazing voice again! ^^ Better sing some more soon! XD <333

Guest __RoBo__

I'm listening to this right now. I don't understand a single word but I'm still lovin it.

Sounds good! I'm glad your voice is still pretty :P

Guest conversebunny

yayyy you're back! I was wondering when you would be back singing again! haha you don't know me because I was fairly new to soompi before the rebirth, but I remember you and love your singing! <33 :D

your version is different from fantasiimakers but also very beautiful! I love your clear voice in this song. I can't hear at all where you had problems with the high notes, and the only thing would be slight flatting during the chorus sometimes. you carried the song through beautifully, and I love all the ornaments you added to give it your own style. very very nice!

welcome back!! hope to see more of your clips soon!!! :D

Guest tinasarangg

ahh i absolutely adore your voice =D

it was about time you sang something lol.

i'm speechless. your version is almost perfect. no criticism here xDD

-- i love how you hit the high notes.

Guest tengteng

Erm..I heard ur version and I think ur voice is not bad.But,I sort of noticed that whenever you came to this part 邀明月让回忆皎洁 the 'ming yue' seems to be a bit unclear.

The second part of this song when you sang the third stanza(just before the chorus),ur voice seem to lower??

But it's still quite nice,I like ur style of presenting this song!!=)

WAAHHH MAJOR PROPS FOR SINGING THIS SONG!!!

My favourite song hehe. You're pretty and you have a wonderful voice.

I think there's a bit of a part where you kind of blend with Jay's voice or it sounds like you're unclear with the lyrics because Jay's 'softer' part overpowers yours. Your voice is lovely but then I don't get the same feel as when Jay sang it. Hehehe, doesn't matter. It's nice anyway.

haha. I stalk another soompi singer. [:<3

So serene. I like how your voice 'bounces.' _ _; Really gives feeling/life to the song. Seems like you can keep going and singing your heart out.

I like the trills [like fantasiimaker said]. This song sounds so comfortable for your range. You make it your own. T_T I want to have that kind of power in myself. haha.

You have great play with how to approach certain notes/lines/etc. wah~ *admires*

^^; It's nice to hear you sing again. I hope you share soon again. lol<3

Ireallywannahearyousingthe'lalala[?? T_T;]'partsattheend.._.vyourvoicewouldmakeitsoundevenmorebeautiful -.-; don't mind me. x:<3 One way or another, I'd bow to you. haha<3

Guest raspberylotion22

thanks so much for listening and commenting. love you all to death =)

i really appreciate the criticism. they mean just as much to me as any other comment. but erm...i don't really get how my voice was "unclear" during the chorus? is it because i turned away from the mic (since the note was pretty high) so the accompaniment overpowered my voice and you couldn't hear me well? if that's the case, sorry about that? lol i'll try to turn down the bgm's volume next time.

k thanks again for taking your time to listen =DD

Archived