Cheekbone reduction or v-line? How to get a slimmer face?

Thinking about to change the shape of my face. It’s too round and when I gain weight it becomes like a “full-moon”. I don’t like the look of a “fat girl” even though, I’m not. Is there anyone who was in similar situation and can suggest which surgery is better cheekbone reduction or v-line?

I think every case is individual. What is the shape of your bones? I got squared face and it was quite noticeable. My jaws were almost the same width with my cheekbone. I’m skinny but too wide cheeks made me look fat on photos. Before the operation I thought the problem was only in my lower face and wanted a v-line and make eyes bigger, but during the consultation Dr.Oh explained that in order to have a more proportional face lines I also need to reduce zygoma. He said by reducing the width of cheekbones, eyes automatically become bigger. My eyes are still same but they look much more impressive :)

12 minutes ago, flowerartist said:

I think every case is individual. What is the shape of your bones? I got squared face and it was quite noticeable. My jaws were almost the same width with my cheekbone. I’m skinny but too wide cheeks made me look fat on photos. Before the operation I thought the problem was only in my lower face and wanted a v-line and make eyes bigger, but during the consultation Dr.Oh explained that in order to have a more proportional face lines I also need to reduce zygoma. He said by reducing the width of cheekbones, eyes automatically become bigger. My eyes are still same but they look much more impressive :)

Can you share your before and after pics? I want to make sure that have the same face shape. You mentioned Dr.Oh? Where have you proceeded your surgeries?

16 minutes ago, uppereastsidechick said:

Can you share your before and after pics? I want to make sure that have the same face shape. You mentioned Dr.Oh? Where have you proceeded your surgeries?

I went to Korea and it was quite a while ago, Dr.Oh is from Regen plastic surgery, it’s in Seoul. For privacy, I blurred my eyes :)

Before

yOi0Bay.jpg

After 2 weeks

22fweSh.jpg

After 2 months

D5cxAZQ.jpg

After 3 month

WQ8sjHA.jpg

After 9 months

J7e8Xga.jpg

A year after

oxzCpaY.jpg

45 minutes ago, flowerartist said:

I went to Korea and it was quite a while ago, Dr.Oh is from Regen plastic surgery, it’s in Seoul. For privacy, I blurred my eyes :)

Before

yOi0Bay.jpg

After 2 weeks

22fweSh.jpg

After 2 months

D5cxAZQ.jpg

After 3 month

WQ8sjHA.jpg

After 9 months

J7e8Xga.jpg

A year after

oxzCpaY.jpg

Your face changed a lot! It’s not as same as mine, but cheekbone is almost similar. Maybe you are right and cheekbone reduction would be enough. I really like your results. Your face looks much slimmer than before. Thanks a lot for sharing. When did you proceed it? I see no swelling now and you also look so natural.

12 minutes ago, uppereastsidechick said:

Your face changed a lot! It’s not as same as mine, but cheekbone is almost similar. Maybe you are right and cheekbone reduction would be enough. I really like your results. Your face looks much slimmer than before. Thanks a lot for sharing. When did you proceed it? I see no swelling now and you also look so natural.

Thank you so much :) It actually was 5 years ago and my results are finalized now, that’s why you see no swelling. Actually, I wasn’t too swollen after the operation, I only got very dark edemas under eyes for while.

1 hour ago, flowerartist said:

Thank you so much :) It actually was 5 years ago and my results are finalized now, that’s why you see no swelling. Actually, I wasn’t too swollen after the operation, I only got very dark edemas under eyes for while.

Do you remember how the rehab was like? Was it too painful or did you have a lot of discomfort? One girl told me that after V-line she got a felling of terrible pressure on her face, was it same for you?

10 minutes ago, uppereastsidechick said:

Do you remember how the rehab was like? Was it too painful or did you have a lot of discomfort? One girl told me that after V-line she got a felling of terrible pressure on her face, was it same for you?

I don’t actually remember my post-op period in details, sorry it was too long ago :) I just remember that I had to follow a special diet and that perhaps was the biggest problem. I can’t live without meat and fresh apples, but the entire month I couldn’t eat normal food and everything processed through blender and ate only porridge. Another most markable disability was a sleeping position. I always sleep on my belly or sides and hate to sleep on my back. For about a week after the surgery I slept in a half sitting position to get rid of swelling faster and the next 2 months tried to sleep only on my back. And I also remember me having troubles with washing my hair. My scalp is too oily and if I don’t wash my hair even 1 day it looks dirty. But after the surgery I couldn’t drop my head back or forward and my dirty hair have been torturing me the whole first week :)

14 minutes ago, flowerartist said:

I don’t actually remember my post-op period in details, sorry it was too long ago :) I just remember that I had to follow a special diet and that perhaps was the biggest problem. I can’t live without meat and fresh apples, but the entire month I couldn’t eat normal food and everything processed through blender and ate only porridge. Another most markable disability was a sleeping position. I always sleep on my belly or sides and hate to sleep on my back. For about a week after the surgery I slept in a half sitting position to get rid of swelling faster and the next 2 months tried to sleep only on my back. And I also remember me having troubles with washing my hair. My scalp is too oily and if I don’t wash my hair even 1 day it looks dirty. But after the surgery I couldn’t drop my head back or forward and my dirty hair have been torturing me the whole first week :)

The pain wasn’t terrible otherwise you remember it lol. I suppose it’s useless to ask about prices?

23 minutes ago, uppereastsidechick said:

The pain wasn’t terrible otherwise you remember it lol. I suppose it’s useless to ask about prices?

Back in 2013 I think prices were different but if you are seriously interested in more details leave them an inquiry

5 minutes ago, flowerartist said:

Back in 2013 I think prices were different but if you are seriously interested in more details leave them an inquiry

Yes, I firmly decided to proceed a v-line or cheekbone reduction but I think, I need to search a bit more information. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and pics, you look gorgeous!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Everyone,

I've been in several forum doing tones of research on different types of surgery. Like anyone else, going to different thread post for the surgery that I would plan to do in the next couples of months. I started my first research for double eyelid revision in the year 2011 because i failed them couples of times. One of the forum that feed me much information about plastic surgery in Korea is Soompi forum. Now I would like to contribute my shares of bit of surgeries result and my plastic surgery journey to this forum. It will be too long winded for me to write my full experience here for each clinic that i ever been to. I will briefly summarize the surgery that I had done and the place that i had visited. I had wrote down my satisfaction level of each of my surgeries.

Attached is my before and after surgery face photo. Do not hesitate to pm me any questions, I'll be most willing to share if that helps on your research.

Eye Part
1st Partial Incision Eyelid surgery on Year 2008: In SG JJ Chua Plastic Surgery - Badly done, fold was asymmetrical
2nd Full Incision Eyelid Revision on Year 2008 : In SG JJ Chua Plastic Surgery - Fold was still asymmetrical
3rd Incision Eyelid Revision with Epicanthoplasty on Year 2010 : In Taiwan Jimmy Chuang Wish Clinic - Botched badly, Fold high and deep, unnatural. Epi was over corrected.
4th Full Incision Ptosis Correction Eyelid Revision on Year 2011-2012 - BK Hospital Korea: Fold was lowered but scar line was quite bad.
5th Full Incision Eyelid Scar Revision on Year 2013 - SM Plastic Surgery Korea - Satisfied
3D Lateral Canthoplasty and Epi Reversal on 2012 - Eve Plastic Surgery Clinic Korea - Satisfied

Nose
Rhinoplasty Septal cartilage with silicone on Year 2012 - Jewelry Clinic - Badly done, implant too high result skin thinning
Alar Reduction and Alar lift on 2012 - Eve Plastic Surgery Clinic, Korea - Satisfied
Rhinoplasty Revision with Dermis Graft and Septal + Ear Cartilage on Sept 2017 - SM Plastic Surgery Korea - Very happy as its my own tissue grafting , permanent result.

Face
Forehead + Nasolabial fold Fatgrafting on 2013 - SM Plastic Surgery Korea - Satisfied
Full Face Fatgrafting on April 2017 - SM Plastic Surgery Korea - Satisfied, quite happy as it's been more than a year and still lasting.

Smile Line fold - Paranasal Implant on April 2017 - SM Plastic Surgery Korea - Satisfied

Arm Liposuction on April 2017 - SM Plastic Surgery Korea - Satisfied

Breast Augmentation Revision on April 2017- SM Plastic Surgery Korea - Satisfied (First time was done in Thailand 11 yrs ago, had some ruptured. Forgot the name of clinic).

78324c11-911c-4ff5-8e9a-9073a2edbddf.jpg

25aaa82b-d8d8-425a-8ebb-1eea9aeec27e.jpg

Archived