Saint Seiya

Guest knockblock

Guest knockblock

Knights of the ZodiacAnyone here have seen the anime or read the manga? If so I want to know what others thinks about it.
266797-bravecover.jpg

Plot:
The story follows five mystical warriors called the "Saints" (聖闘士セイント Seinto?, or "Knights" in some adaptations) who fight wearing sacred armors named "Cloths" (聖衣クロス Kurosu?), the designs of which derive from the various constellations the characters have adopted as their destined guardian symbols, and empowered by a mystical energy called "Cosmo" (小宇宙コスモ Kosumo?). The Saints have sworn to defend the reincarnation of the Greek goddess Athena in her battle against the other Olympian gods who want to dominate Earth.

Volumes: 28 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=3971Published by: VizAnime Episodes: 114 + 31 OVAs
Saint-Seiya-The-Knights-of-the-Zodiac-lo

2013020902-Saint-Seiya-Omega.jpg

download12.jpg

Guest Nightmare

It's a good anime from what I can remember. I never read the manga, but I grew up watching the anime. The anime was good from the beginning to the whole battle against Gold Saints, but it got a bit lame and repetitive later on. I find it amusing how Shiryu always goes blind.

Guest Take Five

just wondering, is this some kind of mahou shounen anime or something? i don't really know anything about this show.

my dad randomly bought me these saint seiya figures from HK but i don't really want them lol.

Guest knockblock

LOL is something wrong with them?

just wondering, is this some kind of mahou shounen anime or something? i don't really know anything about this show.

I was kinda like you. This is one of the famous older animes. It was made in the 80's. A bunch of guys who fight wearing armors in it. Here's a pic.

sht-sl47.jpg

sht-sl31.jpg

lmao. I watched it while growing up too.

And it's funny how Shiryu goes blind so often. I think he thinks wearing that cloth over his eyes makes him sexy. xD

Guest losborrachos

oooh i saw this back in the days... it had cult-like following back home... my favorite knight is of course, ikki (phoenix) cos he's such a badass... and you can't imagine how long it took me to figure out that alas, shun (andromeda) is a guy... wearing pink armor... and yea i like the story, esp. the arc when they went against the zodiac villains (like gemini, aries, etc) i remember i was so proud to be a gemini since gemini was so uber...

• 2 years later...
Guest NO NAME?

I plan on watching this soon. This has been on my waiting list too long. I used to play a few songs from the soundtrack on the piano. Ikki's Theme and Mime's Harp Aw, I missed out when some of the episodes aired on Cartoon Network a few years back.

It's a good anime from what I can remember. I never read the manga, but I grew up watching the anime. The anime was good from the beginning to the whole battle against Gold Saints, but it got a bit lame and repetitive later on. I find it amusing how Shiryu always goes blind.

I thought I was the only person that notice that lol

I didn't know about Saint Seiya until 05'

Guest Ginoru

I loved this in it's day and will always love it, marked my childhood!! No matter how many times it is repeated on tv here i always watch it.I have the anime, toys and many other things XD Not to mention a big collection of pics, and fanworks, love the parodies!!! Those are soo great!! There is a brilliant spanish one "The knights of the Horoscope" (Los caballeros del Horoscopo)even if you don't understand spanish is a must XD

Loved the Gold Saint battle and Asgard arc even if that last one was never in the manga, but who cares XD the manga drawing...how can i say it nicely...nah...it wouldn't attrack many, better stick with the anime and wish for the death of Seiya once and for all and Saori too!!!

Loved Ikki, Hyoga, and Aioria Leo and Milo Scorpio, many others too but those were my favs.

It's not only the fighting for a cause until you draw your last breath (and then get resurrected XD) but it has all those side "love" issues running in the background who make it soo curious for it's day (Hyoga+Shun anyone?? lol) And the poor girls, the warriors, that mask issue was a nightmare!

Awww could be talking good and bad about this for years! In fact i do XD with some other friends who have been into it as long as i amLOL

• 5 months later...

This is my ultimate favourite manga/anime of all time!!

It's the first one i've ever watched and got hooked so bad!

I love it when they decided to finish off the Hades chapters!! The graphics were great! :)

So happy.

Also Lost Canvas ep 1 and 2 are out for those who likes Saint Seiya!

It's basically the battle between Athena and Hades back 245 years ago!

Graphics are done by separate person, but storyline is still done by the original author!

I'm currently reading the manga of it, and it's different but still good!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ChibiJun

Ah I loved it~ This was what really got me into reading manga and watching anime when I was little. ^^ Haha, I loved it so much when I was little, I collected a lot of pictures from it and studied greek mythology and constellations. ;D I also collected the mangas and the animes.

Guest angel_cutie

=O its old isnt it??? i remeber like... 6+ years ago it was on TV...

i think it was ok~ i remeber i liked the opening theme and... the swan guy...

and the guy with the green hair! 'O' haha~

hmm...where i lived they called it: the knights of the zodiac

Archived