[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

On 19/9/2016 at 7:16 PM, arsidians said:

yes it was very fun, i only joined the concert, actually on the same day of the freshy night there is also freshy day, the freshmen along with the committee clean their faculty park, field for about one hour and then there's a barbecue party and small performances.

yes they're from faculty of economics, singto is the senior (KU72) and krist is his junior (KU73 - the current freshmen is KU76) but i don't know about their major, they may or may not known each other before if they are from different major because the faculty is quite big

i've only seen once those physical thingy, a group of freshmen is jogging while yelling out some jargon surround my faculty building, which is not that big actually but they did it around mid day, so i assumed there are real but no to the extent like in this series, may be depend on the faculty. in my university this physical exercise during orientation mostly done by those faculty that really need it, such as forestry, fisheries, agriculture, because they tend to do a lot of field activity during their college life. 

So their major are different? ah I'm so happy already when I read that they're studying in the same faculty, I forgot that economic faculty has many majors 555. thanks for your information ^^.

I see. so they do have physical exercise but isn't extreme as this series.

On 19/9/2016 at 7:31 PM, whitedove said:

@Lindsey Jung

And I'm sure Singto and Krist have known each other before Sotus even if they went to the same college (though this I can't be sure since I don't follow them closely). They're both under GMM and GMM talents seem to know everybody. They should have met before in GMM parties if not any of the events.

Have they become actors already before they played in Sotus? I ever watched Singto in LIE, a short movie, I think he becomes a gay too, haha, I just assumed since I don't understand Thai, CMIIW. but I don't know about Krist, did he play in some series too?

On 19/9/2016 at 10:20 PM, delightful said:

IT'S DONE GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here is the subsoft .a** file, it's not pretty because I thought you guys wanted the subs more than to see pretty font colors. I'll add on to it myself later. Anywho, here it is. If there's anything wrong with them please let me know.

Episode 5 softsubs https://ufile.io/c9d17

This is the .srt softsubs https://ufile.io/02020

For hardsubs, I don't think a lot of us need the hardsub since we all know how to use softsubs, right? Let me know otherwise. I can rest now.. :bawling:

***In the future, please send me the hd raw files faster so I can get it out sooner. Like I said, I'll do it in around 2 days.... since I'm FREAKIN' HOOOOOKED on this series now!!!!!! I think Kong's wish is going to be for his wifey to spend the entire day with him shopping and hanging out... not sure.. just guessing. ^_^***

Thank you soo much, oh you're really my savior when I thought there's no one who has spare time to sub this series anymore :bawling:

Will you sub the next episodes? how do you do subtitle usually, make translation first and then timing it, or you do those all at once? sorry, if you don't mind, what if I and maybe some friends here that have spare time help you for timing it, I hope that can makes your work's lessen. I do have work here, but I think I still have time to do maybe 1-2 parts ^^. if you don't mind, please let us be a part in Sotus's sub timing ^^.

7 hours ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

Yes that part was SO CUTE! Him walking into the door :wub::wub: Why didn't they show it in both versions? :lol: 

You know, I've been waiting for this scene since I saw the trailer. I felt disappointed when I didn't find that scene in cut version. and when I watched the uncut, I was very happy ^^. maybe the producer just forgot to put that scene? LOLOL

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, yana2407 said:

Sawadeekaaaa~~~ 

I have been silent reader for the past few weeks....however, after seeing how awesome you guys r, i have decided to join in!! You guys are the reason of my smile everyday (despite stressing at work)!! Love this thread so much! 

THANK YOU! 

AND to @delightful YOU ROCK MY WORLD! you are such an angel for subbing ep 5 and the show for us! Cant seem to thank you enough...i know how hard subbing is as i was part of the subbing team in many years before...and i need to quit due to work commitment...despite of doing it alone, you are fast too! TOTALLY AWESOME! 

And @delightful superrrrrrrrrrr agree that Gun-Off in Puppy Honey is superrrrrrrrrr cute! cant get enough of them! Yes we need a thread for that since s2 is coming! cant wait!

Welcome to the forum, @yana2407! So happy that we are growing. I hope many more will join in as the story progresses :) And yes, @delightful is our angel here. Puppy Honey on my list this weekend :) Have fun sharing your thoughts ;)

• Like 4

About Puppy Honey since I've been seeing a lot about it, it is really cute!!! Ive seen all of them and I like both couples (Porsche and Emma, Pick and Rome). They all have such great chemistry and look like they're all friends :), and (for people who have watched know this) the water fight is superrrrr cuteeeeee

Another show I would recommend is Diary of Tootsies, all of the episodes are subbed on GDH 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, greenfan said:

I'm just curious. Is there anyone here who is actually in Thailand and is closely following the series? I guess I want to know about the show's general reception from Thai viewers. Or are we all international fans? 

I am not living in Thai and not Thai as well...but yeah, quite curious how is good the reception there...but looking at the meet n greet, i feel like it is pretty popular there...

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, greenfan said:

I'm just curious. Is there anyone here who is actually in Thailand and is closely following the series? I guess I want to know about the show's general reception from Thai viewers. Or are we all international fans? 

only some watch BL series others don't

• Like 3

1 hour ago, greenfan said:

@sabaiarom193 is from Thailand. I'm not sure if he/she is still active. He/She said that the novel is so famous there so I guess the series should be as well.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, momobae said:

About Puppy Honey since I've been seeing a lot about it, it is really cute!!! Ive seen all of them and I like both couples (Porsche and Emma, Pick and Rome). They all have such great chemistry and look like they're all friends :), and (for people who have watched know this) the water fight is superrrrr cuteeeeee

Another show I would recommend is Diary of Tootsies, all of the episodes are subbed on GDH 

that water fight scene while sexy by paradox plays in the background is one of the highlights of the series in my onion  

• Like 2

On 16/09/2016 at 8:13 PM, cadburygirl said:

The one that likes May and a friend of Kong is named Emm or Aim. The only other BL couple in this is probably Prem/Wad (according to the writers if I'm not wrong). Although I'm rooting for Knot and Tiw. :blush:

Yaasss Knot and Tiw! When Knot looked at Tiw's notebook, he didn't humiliate him or anything eventhough he only had 500 signatures, instantly made me part of the ship. :heart:  I could only imagine what happened when Knot asked for a representative and Tiw was chosen by his class. Another ship added to my list. lol

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Yves George Sanchez said:

@sabaiarom193 is from Thailand. I'm not sure if he/she is still active. He/She said that the novel is so famous there so I guess the series should be as well.

The novel is famous only among BL fans. General public are mostly watching Channel 7 or Channel 3 and at times, OneHD. Among OneHD lakorns, the recently concluded Pidsawat has one of the highest ratings in its history so far, and both young and old watch it. Remember that Sotus is also on OneHD but not aired at primetime. So far only MCOT and GMM25 have shown BL or gay couples as the leads during primetime slots. GMM25 is more geared towards young people but while there are some young GMM stars who have become popular like Bank, JJ and Toy (Captain is popular but he's a freelancer though he has acted in 2 GMM series already) besides the already popular ones like Push and Sean, young people still prefer to watch lakorns by young stars from Channel 3 like Mario, Nadech, James Jirayu or James Ma. (I didn't mention the actresses here but popular young ones from Channel 3 are like Kimmy, Yaya, Bella and Mint).

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Lindsey Jung said:

Have they become actors already before they played in Sotus? I ever watched Singto in LIE, a short movie, I think he becomes a gay too, haha, I just assumed since I don't understand Thai, CMIIW. but I don't know about Krist, did he play in some series too?

Krist was a child actor. Most Sotus actors/actresses actually have had acting experiences. Some have even played leads before, like Fluke and Neen (who plays May).

Credit to GMMTV:

sMxcShNh.jpg

Fea1ST1h.jpg

Edited by whitedove
  • Like 6

Color me surprise when I find out that Thailand is the leading industry to produce BL series as the main couple recently (Love sick, MIR and Sotus) and had BL and GL characters in BG drama. (like Bad Romance, Puppy Honey and Hormones 1-3)

China although banned most of the series also producing a lot of BL series / movies lately. From Like Love, I and Mr X, Counterattack , Addicted (my fav all time), Swap, Uncontrolled Love and A round Trip to love. (many series and movies still on line to be released)

Taiwan had produced Happy Together.in 2015 series which in a big house live 3 BG couples with one BL couple. Not bad for story and acting. 

Surprisingly, Japan who make BL stories famous with their Yaoi mangas did not produce any BL series lately. None of the TV both main TVs and cables had the gut to produce BL series other than Takumikun series. (not a very good one) The last BL series is a 2015 drama that so bad made and is a JOKE. The gay character in the storywho is a gay for over 40 years become straight at the end. WTF!  I do hope Japan didnot made any BL series anymore if they made it like this.

Korea also had not produce any BL couple other than beautiful Life years ago. They attempt to make BL couple in The LOver 2015 but at the end, they just make both men in their 20s in 2015 never had gut to admit that they like each other. Another what the heck story. The channel just did not had the gut to make a proper BL couple story and do not want to rock the boat. 

Hong Kong also the same. Zero BL stories in the last decade on their drama series.

For BL series fans, lets hope Thiland and China keep producing good BL series or BG series with BL couple in it. I doubt other countries in Asia will produce BL series in the future. 

• Like 5