[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

Guest delightful

So the things they are saying is the same from the 'normal' lines from ep.6. That's where they discuss how they are going to take the freshmen to the beach. THE ONLY thing different is when P'Nott picked up his cellphone and said.. A GUY'S CALLING ME, B I T C H ES! And everyone goes crazy. LOL!

10 minutes ago, delightful said:

The 'Ai' in front of someone's name is used when you're calling someone close to you or a friend, it is VERY commonly used and not considered rude in the younger or close friends range. It's informal and not used in public speeches. Arthit's nickname is Oon, P'Tum added 'Ai' meaning he is a close junior to him.

Thank you soooooo much for explaining!!!

Can you maybe also explain what Arthit's nickname "Oon" means?

Oh, and since I'm already asking about a name... what do all the other names mean? I mean, like... what does Kongphob mean? And Em, Oak, Wad, May, etc. All the freshmen names and all the junior names? And maybe also all the actor's names, if it's not too much to ask?

Thai is such a beautiful language. I want to learn more about it every day! :lol:

p.s.: your comments in the subbed ep cracked me up, it's always like a double treasue when we get your translations! :D

• Like 10

2 hours ago, MaguStrates said:

Question about the "Ai" honorific... When is it applied? It is mentioned 2 times in episode 7. The first one is when Nott talks about a student who transferred from engineering to arts, he called him Ai' Win  and when Kong asked Fang about where Arthit was, Fang called Arthit Ai' Arthit. Is it different to P or something? 

1 hour ago, lolalarue said:

Not thai and can't speak it but I assumed it would be for same age friends (P' for older, nong for young) but since Arthit's nickname is Ai-Oon maybe it's a diminutive like Xiao in Chinese (litle)? I'm really curious too, I hope a Thai speaker can enlighten us! 

The title "ai" is the opposite of "honorific", it is used to close friends or someone of lower seniority, also often used with another word to cuss or diss.

Ai-oon in Athit's nickname isn't the title. It has a different tone, thus different meaning. "Ai" here means gas/ something that you can feel but can not touch and Ai-oon means warmth. Athit means "sun" and his nickname means warmth.

31 minutes ago, delightful said:

Do you guys have any suggestions on a new encoding/hardsubbing software? I have been using XviD4PSP for almost a century, it takes so long to encode the files. I've been out of the game for a long time and haven't kept myself updated, never thought I would be sucked back in. ^_^ If you guys do please PM me some suggestions. I'd prefer if it was free, since I am right now saving for a trip. LOL!

I combine the sub and video into .mkv first than encode the mkv file into mp4. I uses mkvtoolnix to create mkv file and it's fast, completes within less than 5 minutes. this method may be better if you add some override tags or use fancier font. It seems like the program does not encode when creating the mkv file, thus it works fast. The very way to quicky encode a video file may be faster cpu.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, tsoon0708 said:

If I remember the earlier discussions in this thread, Oon means "warmth" i think. Anyone, feel free to correct me, If I'm wrong. 

Arthit means Sun if I recall correctly.

(Man of the sun, AH-thit)

Fitting because though the Sun can burn you, it can also nurture and help you grow. Really describes Arthit's personality yes?

Also, Kong's world (figuratively) revolves around Arthit since they met and fallen inlove. The Sun comparison, naming and nickname feels so poetically fitting. :wub: 

Thai really is an amazing language. 

• Like 16

Guest delightful
7 minutes ago, tsoon0708 said:

Thank you soooooo much for explaining!!!

Oh, and since I'm already asking about a name... what do all the other names mean? I mean, like... what does Kongphob mean? And Em, Oak, Wad, May, etc. All the freshmen names and all the junior names? And maybe also all the actor's names, if it's not too much to ask?

Thai is such a beautiful language. I want to learn more about it every day! :lol:

p.s.: your comments in the subbed ep cracked me up, it's always like a double treasue when we get your translations! :D

Oon means warm, when P'Tum adds the 'Ai' in front of it it sounds similar to another word 'Aye', that is why none of Arthit's friends call him 'Ai'Oon', because it sounds too close to 'Aye-Oon', which means warmth. Narmtarn calls Arthit Oon when they meet at the mall.

As for the rest of the names and their meanings.. it's hard, because some are just shortened from their actual names while some names are used just because it 'sounds' nice. Thais have really weird nicknames for example, Cherry, Apple, Book, Frame.. just to name a few. If it's English they think it's cool. I had a friend named Pencil, yeah.. Pencil. So don't think too much into it.

I think we all know now that Arthit can mean both the sun and Sunday, in this story during the star and moon competition it is used to refer to the sun. Krist.. I'm guessing is a short nickname from Christopher or the likes.

Singto means Lion ... Singto did explain that all his cousins are nicknamed after different types of animals... Plah(fish) and so on.

I have several different nicknames too, my parents call me one name and my close friends call me another one... it's weird. Sorry, I feel that I just added to your confusion. LOL!

6 hours ago, delightful said:

Wow, so sorry for taking so long. I didn't have food in the fridge so I went out to eat. It took longer than I thought it would. :phew:

Anywho.. here is the link for Episode 7. Please do not alter this video if you are uploading it and if you have not yet, please let me know where you are uploading it to. You guys know the rest of the rules.. I'm going to bed now. Sorry, catch up later.

https://mega.nz/#!iRFkFYoI!mVOzVdvJ08IFVHR07Zs-PzQaKjR4c7lvElNuHlEgyVI

Thank you and you know what...I love your work and I just love your side comments too!! I mean...Kongpope!!! Don't say it...don't !! Aish...these two are just insanely talented and with such amazing chemistry!! 

• Like 4

Just now, delightful said:

Singto means Lion ... Singto did explain that all his cousins are nicknamed after different types of animals... Plah(fish) and so on.

oooooh! That's why Singto's twitter handle is simba. His name literally means lion. :lol:

Simba is literally "lion" in  Swahili. Also, who isn't familiar with Simba from disney's the lion king. :w00t:

• Like 10

Wow, so sorry for taking so long. I didn't have food in the fridge so I went out to eat. It took longer than I thought it would. :phew:

Anywho.. here is the link for Episode 7. Please do not alter this video if you are uploading it and if you have not yet, please let me know where you are uploading it to. You guys know the rest of the rules.. I'm going to bed now. Sorry, catch up later.

Thanks a lot for this! I just finished watching it and was squealing like crazy. Tbh each week we have to wait seems longer, what to do?!

54 minutes ago, Timothy Teo said:

I am back after 2 days of conference. And so many post for me to read, WOW, thanks everybody

Something to share with everyone here

Arthit so cute, hehe

LOL WTF, they're hilarious! Thanks for sharing this <3

• Like 5

Guest delightful
2 minutes ago, MaguStrates said:

oooooh! That's why Singto's twitter handle is simba. His name literally means lion. :lol:

Yeah, and Krist made fun of him too. All of Krist's accounts Twitter, IG, and so on are the same. Singto's accounts are all different. Singto was like I don't know what I was thinking! LOL! I think his facebook account has 'The Lion King' logo on it, right? I forgot, only  saw it once.

As for the rest of the names, it is very common for kids to be given one name at birth and if something bad happens to them or to the family they can change it. It's a weird belief in my opinion... since I'm so 'Americanized' now.. LOL! Just in the Thai entertainment industry is already proof enough, some actors have one name and later down the line they will change it and claim that the name has given them better fortune. And a LOT of Thai celebs use a new name when they enter the entertainment business. Their nickname is almost always changed, usually a new name is given to them by their agency. Not all are like that, but most do it because they don't think the real name is nice enough. I shake my head in disbelief sometimes.

Thank you so much. :cookie: for you.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, tammy_P said:

Oh Goddddd this is super hilarious. LMFAO !!!! I love P'Knot'a action the most. So real !!! Hello sissy !! You slayed it girl !

Godness.. this is hilarious.. P'knott was the best.. xD i cant stop from cliking the reply button.. help.. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, delightful said:

So the things they are saying is the same from the 'normal' lines from ep.6. That's where they discuss how they are going to take the freshmen to the beach. THE ONLY thing different is when P'Nott picked up his cellphone and said.. A GUY'S CALLING ME, B I T C H ES! And everyone goes crazy. LOL!

I HATE!!!!!! LMAOO 

• Like 2