[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate...

ON to the drama...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one feeling a bit dismayed in the way they are portraying the main couple's relationship. I feels so weird to me and I'm hoping that it gets better as the series unfolds. Either way I'm going to continue to support them cause they are so adorable.

Can someone tell me what's up with Ep 3? Everytime I try to watch it, it's been removed. It's not even on the GMM channel...

Will Pinkmilk peeps put it up? 

On 18/12/2017 at 4:25 PM, OTAKU-KUN said:

Warning long whining ahead

so yeah.... i just got off watching the lastest ep of the show and wanted someone to rant to .....so here i am lol. And ik you might be thinking "the 2nd ep just aired last weekend and shes already complaining..wht an ignorant child" and you know wht? You are right but ill say it anyway...so the first thing i wanted to point out is the "freshman drama" is going at a pretty fast pace imo....the hazers esp.tew(if recall correctly) is so fixated on him lol...i mean leave his poor rude richard simmons alone.... its not like hes causing troubles..........ALSO!!!! Idk y it bugs me but why tf is arthit still so shy around kong? arghhh im so frustrated!!! Srsly!! Being a shy (and awkward person myself, but you dont need to know that)  ik its hard to show affection BUT ITS BEEN 3 YEARS GODDAMMIT he just looks so uncomfortable with being affectionate with kong its almost sad and cringy...there i said it....I just hope that he becomes somwht comfortable with his relationship in upcoming eps.... On the brightnote i cant wait for the next ep!! Im so excited for Capture the flag day (or whtever its called lol)

Aye, I have only seen the first two episodes, subbed, and agree with what you are saying here.

It is very hard to believe that so much time has passed and that the relationship between Kongpob and Arthit has not matured. There again this was hinted at in the last episode of Sotus (when we all complained that it wasn't very realistic). I understand that they might not want to be overly clingy in public but on their own or with friends (who all know) I feel that we have gone back in time.

The couple should know each other by now and although it may not be necessary for them to explain their thoughts to each other they do need to explain it all to US and they aren't. If Arthit had been a 'friend' I would have dragged him out of bed : You are going to be late, get UP ! 

Kongpob just blows in his ear which is sort of romantic but not when you are already late for your new assignment. There again M and May have not evolved either. In three years you either grow together or realise it just wont work that way.

As for the hazing, I see even less point this time around under Kongpob than I did for Arthit. Arthit and Company were pretty scary at times and sometimes nasty with it. The Juniors rallied together and became a team (security in a group) which is the objective. Kongpob is all bark but little bite. It is clearer this second time around, that only those who go through the hazing get the Gear. Therefore it is not so important, nice to have, but not essential for your degree. The hazing therefore only serves as a method of making the Juniors understand Team Spirit and a certain amount of civic responsibility to others. That is by no means a bad thing for young people but Kongpob has chosen the route of 'explain and lead' as opposed to the 'terrify and push' of Arthit. Shouting from the stage is a contradiction of his chosen method.

As you say it is all moving along very fast (but then we have seen it all before) and I am not sure that at this stage we can quite see what the main story line is supposed to be : Arthit and Kongpob, Tew chasing Dae, the hazing, Arthit's job ? Time will tell.

• Like 3

On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:22 AM, otakunl said:

are krist and singto good friends in real life??

plus is it true that Sotus S will be Krist last Bl series

Apparently there was an interview once and Krist did mention that Sotus S would be his last BL series.

Krist and Singto have been friends / Senior and Junior relationship in Kasetsart Uni.

So, when they started out acting for Sotus, they were not entirely unfamiliar with each other.

But as time passes, they spend more time together acting and attending events which made them even closer

• Like 1

So, I got bored and I made a gif set on tumblr http://nammminn.tumblr.com/post/169219587744 of me literally analyzing the last kiss on the rooftop. As you see Krist moves into the first kiss and I think that's why singto kissed again cause of the reaction. I also think krist let go cause he was shocked with himself, and then he had a shy smile afterward I don't that was acting he was actually really shy. lol

• Like 1

HEY GUYS JUST WANTED TO DROP BY AND SAY EPISODE 4 IS OUT FOR STREAMING ON DM, FB ETC

Edit: wtf man!! Cant these guys stap teasing each other and just fvcking kiss for once.....everytime kong leans in artihit stops him at instant...this frikin time p bright interrupted them gosh im so done!!!! *is very frustrated*

Spoiler

@dustinmyeyeglad to hear that I'm not the only one who thinks like that....also i agree with you on ur opinion of aim and may relationship.... They didnt progress at all Wht did he do for the past 3 years lol (the same goes for our main couple)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OTAKU-KUN said:

HEY GUYS JUST WANTED TO DROP BY AND SAY EPISODE 4 IS OUT FOR STREAMING ON DM, FB ETC

Edit: wtf man!! Cant these guys stap teasing each other and just fvcking kiss for once.....everytime kong leans in artihit stops him at instant...this frikin time p bright interrupted them gosh im so done!!!! *is very frustrated*

Hide contents

@dustinmyeyeglad to hear that I'm not the only one who thinks like that....also i agree with you on ur opinion of aim and may relationship.... They didnt progress at all Wht did he do for the past 3 years lol (the same goes for our main couple)

Can you please send me link?

The nose kiss was so cute!! But  P'Bright stopped them from having an actual kiss! But I fell like Arthit is so shy out of school cause from all the scenes at school he seems comfortable with their relationship. But now, he's like shy and self-aware of people around them!

I created an account just to discuss my thoughts on the weird relationship between Kong and Arthit this season. Because I have a 'theory' or thought or something. 

First of all we need to clarify that they have been in a relationship for 2 years.  They say 3 years because they were together in 3 calendar years... for example met in late 2015 and dated all of 2016, and dated through most of 2017...  They met at the beginning of Kong's 1st year and we are still at the beginning of Kong's 3rd year... so, only two actual years.

But it has been at least close to two solid years of dating.  They should be acting closer than this, right?  

However, we are forgetting that Arthit said in episode 14 of the original Sotus "There are a lot of boundaries in male and male relationships." ... "In the end, the relationship between me and him has to come to an end after all."   

Arthit went into the relationship thinking that because of their families or society the relationship would have to end.  He is still FIRMLY in the closet aside from the select group of friends to which he exposed his relationship with Kong.  So, when they are where others outside of that select group can see them he makes sure Kong doesn't do anything that could expose them as a romantic couple.  

Kong on the other hand has gone ALL IN.  He is braver than Arthit in that he is "out of the closet" as bisexual entirely.  He doesn't care who knows.  He would show the world by holding Arthit's hand or kissing him in public.  And he has not realized yet that Arthit is not where he is in terms of letting the world at large know WHO he loves.

THIS is going to be the central conflict for this season.  Kong realizing that Arthit is still hiding who is he and STILL feeling ashamed of his relationship with Kong.  How this conflict will play out I don't know.  Will it involve Arthit trying to see a woman, Kong seeking someone as a partner who would be proud to be seen with him, or some other option?  I don't know.  But that is our conflict this season.  Will Arthit get his head out of his butt long enough to realize what he stands to lose.  

I am currently high on cold medicine but I hope this makes sense.  Below is the section that contains the conversation between P'Arthit and P'Knot concerning the ending of the Kong/Arthit relationship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kpanon1 said:

Kong on the other hand has gone ALL IN.  He is braver than Arthit in that he is "out of the closet" as bisexual entirely.  He doesn't care who knows.  He would show the world by holding Arthit's hand or kissing him in public.  And he has not realised yet that Arthit is not where he is in terms of letting the world at large know WHO he loves.

THIS is going to be the central conflict for this season.  Kong realising that Arthit is still hiding who is he and STILL feeling ashamed of his relationship with Kong.  How this conflict will play out I don't know.  Will it involve Arthit trying to see a woman, Kong seeking someone as a partner who would be proud to be seen with him, or some other option?  I don't know.  But that is our conflict this season.  Will Arthit get his head out of his butt long enough to realise what he stands to lose.  

Two years/three years, little difference. If Kongpob hasn't managed to realise in two years that Arthit is not in the same place as him there is something wrong with him.

I can't see Arthit searching out a female because if he was going to he would have already done it. It's been two years ! Likewise for Kongpob, why would you stick with someone for two years if you were not capable of accepting who THEY are ?

This is the problem (for me anyway) their relationship is stuck in a temporal anomaly (and it applies to Em and May as well). Everything that might/could have happened in order to cement or collapse the relationship should have already happened within the past two years.

I understand what you are saying, Arthit is fatalistic about making the relationship work, but can you imagine trying to live with someone who, for two years, has been insisting that it wont work ? We are not two months into the relationship we are two years into it. Thus, to me, Kongpob is still with Arthit because he knows that Arthit wants to be with him, otherwise he would have given up long ago. Arthit must be doing something to keep the pair together - but we are not seeing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1