[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, ShaiKeun said:

I thought i was the  only  one experiencing it.  It's a good thing that MLSHR taught me patience. Kekeke! 

Though I was really pissed because I couldnt access Soompi, I patiently check every hour if I can access it already. Thanks to MLSHR. Week in week out, we patiently wait for the next episode. hahahahaha!!!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, freckledcontessa said:

Oh my! I didn't know that you're still in school! Triple shame on me! Please forget what i said re making the longer vid. Please just focus on your studies. Your career/future is all that matters. Sending you lots of goodluck vibes. XX :blush:

Heyy! not in school :P I am giving my GRE exam soon :P so thats what I am busy with! :D And I will definitely make it longer- but would take a while :D 

THANK YOU SOOO MUCHHH <333

• Like 5

9 hours ago, ilovecoffeeandbooks said:

NOT ANYMORE! This time all it did was RE-IGNITE MY FURY! Damnit just give us the rest of the ending!! Or tell us there's going to be a DVD! Didn't Jung (Jisoo) say that he thought they might release the cut scenes on a DVD? Is there any way we can petition for an answer, at the very least? I know SBS can't really do anything but what about the people who can? Like Universal or YG or whatever... (the director is lucky I don't have his address). We should all send postcards from where we're from to them asking for the uncut DVD (or more for those who want more). That way they can see what the letters are about right away (no envelopes to ignore like So) and how many places MLSHR has reached and how dedicated and sweet and lovely the fans are and don't they want to make them happy? Okay, sorry this rant is more stream of consciousness rather than any sort of organized writing. *Sigh* I don't think I'll ever be satisfied at this rate. I know the more time passes, the smaller our chances of anything get, but I, like Hae Soo, will wait. And wait. And wait.

Reveal hidden contents

:( 

i-feel-like-i'm-waiting-for-something-th 

NICE IDEA !!!!!...  They (whoever responsible of torturing us) should be punished! .Guess SBS etc..will get a MOUNTAIN of postcard from all over the world. Me too never satisfied. Lurking around the web to see other drama...end up ep 14 MLSHR. :expressionless: Sick!

• Like 5

9 hours ago, ilovecoffeeandbooks said:

So while rewatching the episodes, I decided to torture myself and rewatch the end of episode 19 and then 20. I was crying on my corner of the couch, face glued to my computer while my husband watched his show and judged me so hard. I think this was a mistake... I had made peace with the ending - accepted it even though I would always long for more. If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with, and all that....

NOT ANYMORE! This time all it did was RE-IGNITE MY FURY! Damnit just give us the rest of the ending!! Or tell us there's going to be a DVD! Didn't Jung (Jisoo) say that he thought they might release the cut scenes on a DVD? Is there any way we can petition for an answer, at the very least? I know SBS can't really do anything but what about the people who can? Like Universal or YG or whatever... (the director is lucky I don't have his address). We should all send postcards from where we're from to them asking for the uncut DVD (or more for those who want more). That way they can see what the letters are about right away (no envelopes to ignore like So) and how many places MLSHR has reached and how dedicated and sweet and lovely the fans are and don't they want to make them happy? Okay, sorry this rant is more stream of consciousness rather than any sort of organized writing. *Sigh* I don't think I'll ever be satisfied at this rate. I know the more time passes, the smaller our chances of anything get, but I, like Hae Soo, will wait. And wait. And wait.

LoLL poor you. :sweatingbullets:

tumblr_ofz9d6wK071u7ppjwo1_1280.jpg

I don't know why my feeling always varied every time I watched it. Sometimes I felt it's so beautiful, so warm, I couldn't help but smiling bitterly, sometimes I felt deep richard simmons, bawling my eyes out. On some days, when I had a better grip of my logic, I'd got mix feelings but was mature enough to settle in peace. Today, though, was my desperate day.  I felt so broken, so unfairly treated. I despised the world, I despised that saying of life was all short and vain. I despised that richard simmons poem. I despised all those clues and So's promise to find his Soo. To hell with logic and sensibility, I can't even get to see a pair of fictional couple having their closure. Goryeo stinks, this world stinks. 

k5440.gif

• Like 19

18 hours ago, hiluna said:

I am watching Princess Weiyoung and I don't think the costumes are as nice as those on Moon Lovers, they look ill-fitted especially her everyday wear, the collar looks like uniform collar that doesn't fit the size of her neck.  The makeup is overdone, all the woman look pasty and there are no nice scenery.  However, the story is okay but I am not sure this actress suits the historical role, her face is too modern looking. Anyway, it is hard to find a show to move on to after MLSHR. My friend who is also having a hard time moving on from MLSHR was very disappointed with Legend of BS first 2 eps, she found LMH was a very wooden actor not nearly as good as LJG.  I think Wang So has set the bar too high for most drama heroes now. :P

now that i think abt it, costumes from saguek during Goryeo or earlier (Silla and others) looked nice compared to those during Joseon... or am i the one only liking this.. :)

high standards now in acting, and even finding a beau.... tsk tsk... :P

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

Kyaaaa!!!!:w00t:

Gorgeous!!Gorgeous!!Gorgeous!! when he wink, I turn to puddle. God is unfair.  How can LJG is so perfect head to toe? Why cant I have his sharp nose or pretty rose bud lips 

6 minutes ago, sosooyah19 said:

now that i think abt it, costumes from saguek during Goryeo or earlier (Silla and others) looked nice compared to those during Joseon... or am i the one only liking this.. :)

Yes, Goryeo era full of fashionista. Joseon era is a fashion disaster. I love how Goryeo people mix and match their costume with accessories. Even Goryeo men fashion sense is much better. 

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, sosooyah19 said:

I like the Goryeo costumes too especially in the cversion. It is more colorfull.

MLSHR costumes.

• Like 12

Now that I think more about it, the last scene from episode 20 is more symbolic than it may seem. Initially, I thought that it was just a mere attempt from the director at a “happy ending” to satisfy us viewers especially after all that heartbreak from their separation. However, if we look at the drama from a holistic perspective, it is a very meaningful ending. 

I recall King Taejo’s words for HS: “Close your eyes to the things you cannot control…do not get so hung up on the future that you lose what you have now.”

Then why show us a flashback? 

Because our present will become our past in the future. Memories that we can look back at and not regret. Even the piggyback is symbolic. SoSoo running happily towards the camera; HS pointing ahead. Similar to the poem and other scenes throughout the drama, it is embracing the theme of never giving up on hope. Compared to the beginning of the series, it is a very different take on life:

Spoiler

drama-girl-iu-kdrama-Favim.com-4712180.j

tumblr_og8eqcparR1vcoebpo8_r1_400.giftumblr_og8eqcparR1vcoebpo5_r1_400.gif

GIF CR: elenwe-box-creations

Keep moving forward. 

Even when the future is uncertain. 

Even when it may all end in vain. 

Carpe diem: seize the day! 

That is what the director is trying to tell us. 

SoSoo’s happy moments in Goryeo may be short-lived. But I am sure they never regret loving one another. Every moment between them is meaningful and precious. This scene by the lake is one of them. 

Borrowing a quote from Steve Jobs:

“You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards.” 

So from a narrative perspective (where we look at how the story should have unfolded), the sequence of events during the last few minutes of the drama makes no sense at all. Heck I was furious during the livestream lol. But from this allegorical angle (where we look back at all the previous episodes), it makes perfect sense. 

Spoiler

It has been more than three weeks since the drama ended...and I’m still writing these analytical pieces. What am I doing with my life? I wish I had this much enthusiasm back then during university when I took an elective on film studies. Anyway, this is the 2nd time I am re-watching the series. Time to go back to my dungeon and see if there are any more hidden details I can pick up. 

ElkXwIO.gif

• Like 21

My most most (in hundred times) hated scene in MLSHR, then why I am rewatching it?  I watched it gritting my teeth and clenching my fists. Just like the first time I have watched this  scene.  I was shouting..don't kiss her! Don't kiss her! (though I know that WS did not kiss YH).  

My sister was alarmed when she heard me shouting. And she gave me a knock  on the head when she saw that I was watching MLSHR again. Kekeke! 

I am torturing myself! 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, sosooyah19 said:

Don't worry you're not the only one:)I feel the same way too.I wonder what happened to fashion sense in Joseon era.It was beautiful in Goryeo period but as times progressed to Joseon times,it's as if fashion went backwards.No offense to anyone who doesn't feel the same way as I do:sweatingbullets:

• Like 7

I'm currently following other threads and as I do,I start to miss all the fun times we had in this thread.The roll calls,the recaps,the live reactions,memes and so much more....I'm reminiscing and I miss the hype so much!I think I'll read the pages of this thread from the very beginning or something...

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

Don't worry you're not the only one:)I feel the same way too.I wonder what happened to fashion sense in Joseon era.It was beautiful in Goryeo period but as times progressed to Joseon times,it's as if fashion went backwards.No offense to anyone who doesn't feel the same way as I do:sweatingbullets:

I feel you. you know what??? i wish could wear it ( goryeo hanbok) for once in my lifetime. and i've been thinking since i'm not sure when, why korean have to wear joseon hanbok when they have wedding, why doesn't they wear goryeo hanbok instead????

Sorry for my bad grammar.

• Like 6

@bitofmadness Don't worry you're not alone. Actually I'm compiling all So-Soo scenes and the relevant ones into one video (almost 8 hours in total) because I feel that other scenes were distracting me from fully understanding and feeling their relationship, especially on the earlier episodes. I want to see the drama with focus on them only. Actually I'm surprised to find that the 10 first eps only have 3/10 hours of SoSoo though, considering that they're the OTP. That explains why I was so thirsty of their scene lol

• Like 10