NFL

Guest Krn_Track_Star

Guest KevinNumbah2

Over the years I've been gaining more interest in the NFL. I just wish my home team (Oakland Raiders) were better so I have more reason to follow what's going on.

Dont worry, Raiders will have a 10 win season this year. Just watch.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

As a Cowboys fan, I hope it happens this year. If they make the Super Bowl, what an edge it would be to have home field advantage especially in Cowboys Stadium.

At the same time though, I'm not too confident about our chances, but it's certainly not out of the question. I gotta be honest, for the past couple of years, we've been terribly overrated and are always considered a Super Bowl favorite when the truth of the matter is we've only had one postseason win in the last decade.

After the whooping in Minnesota last year, it's hard to say if the Cowboys will be that much better and are in the same class as Minnesota and New Orleans. I like Newman/Jenkins and the front seven. If all our running backs can stay healthy, I like our chances, and I'm really high on Dez Bryant. He looks like he's ready to contribute and make a difference right now, and he'll help us in the return game. I kind of hope we look to be more physical this year by going to the running game a bit more.

Red zone offense, the kicking game, and Doug Free seem to be some of the biggest question marks in preseason so far.

The circus of "I am retiring..... wait no I am not" has once again started around Farve

Oh yeah, Brett Favre is coming back! Well, it's not official yet, but an official announcement is expected later today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AgB1t49RpsVzhrYnPaizOVlDubYF?slug=ap-vikings-favre

• 2 weeks later...
Guest knockblock

The season begins next week. It's time.

Here are the teams I have as division winners.

AFC East: Patriots

AFC North: Bengals

AFC South: Ravens

AFC West: Chargers

NFC East: Cowboys

NFC North: Vikings

NFC South: Saints

NFC West: 49ers

^ Ah, I think you got the AFC South mixed up.

AFC East: Patriots

AFC North: Ravens

AFC South: Colts

AFC West: Chargers

NFC East: Cowboys

NFC North: Packers

NFC South: Saints

NFC West: 49ers

I don't know how the long the Revis holdout is going to last, but if he misses a significant amount of the season, Pats look like the favorites.

AFC North looks pretty brutal. Going into the season, the Bengals do look like the most solid and well rounded team in that division. Ravens secondary looks shaky, but Flacco looks like he's ready to take the next step with the talent around him.

Aaron Rodgers looks scary good. They had one of the best defenses last year that just absolutely collapsed in the playoffs. I hate to bet against Favre considering his streak for consecutive games played, but you just wonder how a 40-year old's ankle is going to hold up post-surgery. Losing Sidney Rice for almost half the season is going to hurt, and Chester Taylor leaves a void as he was the guy who moved the chains on 3rd down.

Guest knockblock

Oh right, I did get the AFC South mixed up. I have the Colts. The AFC North will be interesting. Any of the Bengals, Ravens, and Steelers can win it.

Guest knockblock

Is it appropriate to say Alex Smith is a bust? He has had many years as now. The 49ers need to find a different solution at QB after this season.

The Raiders continue to be terrible. They have a lot of work to do with their offense.

Houston looked good, their offensive line overpowered Indy, and Mario Williams had a pretty good game early on.

Cowboys looked sloppy with the penalties and play-calling.

Guest TV_PARTY

Is it appropriate to say Alex Smith is a bust? He has had many years as now. The 49ers need to find a different solution at QB after this season.

I wouldn't say he's a bust. Alex, to me, has shown vast improvement in that time. As a Raiders fan, I sat through JaMarcus Russell. I would have killed for Alex Smith second year in. It's only week 1 and he had no ground support, a massive burden was put on him against Seattle, so I wouldn't hatch my chickens just yet.

Keep the faith.

• 2 weeks later...

How about Michael Vick eh? Think it's a fluke? He still got the speed, but now he have an arm? :w00t:

Hate on him all you want, but that man is still the most exciting player to watch in the nfl.

Other news Peyton so far: 87 for 126, 1013 yards, 9 TDs, 0 INTs. Holy moly, mvp for sure.

Guest Superfly-J

My goodness, My team are the Raiders and I'll admit they suck.

I totally agree with Knockblock. They need some serious work on

their offense. They're slipping this year and Its not even funny.

Jay Glazer is reporting that the Patriots are very close to trading Randy Moss back to the Vikings, only thing holding it up is contract talks between Moss and the Vikings.

Archived