Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Guest iluvugudbye

[Photo] wuri Yong Joon in Hong Kong (2004)
posted by Pola @ BYJ Gallery

much thanks for sharing. :)>-

pola1-1.jpg

wuri Yong Joon with General Manager Mr. Jonathan A. Wilson @ Harbour Plaza Hong Kong
pola2.jpg
hhhmmm..... whenever i see wuri Yong Joon's pic with a foreigner especially non-asian, it makes me wonder if he ever converse to them in english. :-? he he he. :D

Guest iluvugudbye

ahhh... read on anjela's blog posted Nov. 22 that wuri Yong Joon went to the ( perhaps KE) office. went out for lunch and got back riding his range rover. he was wearing blue shirt, black coat, brown pants, black hat, and sunglasses. :D

It's so lonely, no news of our dear BYJ and my dear LJA regarding their future projects, the Dam-Su couple.  I'm just wondering, since damsu mentioned that wuri Yoon Joon had an accumulated score of 1.6p points in playing the anipang mobile game, that maybe both of them were busy playing games, while LJA played the video game "Diablo 3".  He he he joke only, I'm just bored.

Guest iluvugudbye

hello! Hello! :D whoa! no new info about our Man today so while we wait let me repost one of happiebb's old translation of a chinese fan's post about wuri Yong Joon. much thanks... :)>-

[Trans] Sometime in winter...

you know... that previous posting about takashi kaneshiro made me wonder... what if one fine day, yong joon does a disappearing act on us only to come back with the news that he's got married set me thinking about other things too. other things such as, what if one day he disappears behind the scenes completely...?

and then coincidentally, i came across this passage by Wu-Long-Shui-Cao [乌龙水草] on
www.loveyongjoon.com. not exactly a piece that's adorned with flowery language... but it's a piece that i like. why? coz as i read along, i can feel the emotions of the writer. i guess i've found this to be a great piece of writing simply because it's true and sincere. and i can totally understand what she's saying too, coz i completely feel the same way.

boys.jpg

Original in Chinese: Wu-Long-Shui-Cao 乌龙水草
www.loveyongjoon.com 2006/02/25
Translated into English: Happiebb

Sometime in Winter 大约在冬季

Early morning... I was sitting in a cab. The constricted space made feel a little dullish and down. Perhaps he had caught a glimpse of my expression, the cabby who looked rather kind turned the radio on. And then... that song Sometime in Winter by Qi-Qin [齐秦] started drifting out from the radio.

I like this song. Always have. For so many years, it's still a song that I've always loved. Somehow, there's also this sense of light sadness in the song, it hints at separation and being apart. She, in the song, does not know for sure when he would return. And he, too, has absolutely no idea. Coz no one, no one can really tell what the unpredictable future holds.

Qi-Qin's beautiful vocals rang in my ears. As the cab rode along, I just allowed my eyes to look out from the window up at the sky. For a very, very long time, I didn't look away. The skies today seemed different from the other days. In the vast blueness high up there, there appears to be lots of purple and mauve. This purple hue, added a poignant sadness to the morning of this early spring. An early spring that still carried the colours of the lingering winter. The few white clouds looked as though they were painted by someone with a brush. They just hang up there in the skies, with no distinct patterns. They would sometimes drift along with the wind, or at other times, they just stay put at wherever they are. From the look of things, the clouds do not look like the sort that would slow down or halt their lighthearted steps, not for anyone and not for just anything.

This song by Qi-Qin reminded me of a certain man in a foreign land.

I came to know him one winter.

Since that late winter more than a year ago, when I was totally mesmerized by Jun Sahng's silhouette in the night light, when I was so attracted by that sight while sitting in front of the TV, it seems like my liking him has become a habit. My liking him has become a part of me. When this affection for him has become into a habit, something that's a constant in my life, I then began to want to watch him, watch his everything from a distance. Quietly. After that, when liking him has become a part of me, it feels as though my life can revert back to normalcy, even though I was never a fanatic fan before, not even at the beginning.

Through many avenues, I've come to understand this... here's man who's independent in his thinking and his ways.

Therefore, I'd guessed he must be a strong man. There's got to be some special characteristics, something that's so very differrent from his warm and friendly smile. In fact, that special something will be quite different from the warmth and all. Yes, it's happened before, that he would just disppear from the public's eye. Once, it was to pursue his education in the university. And rhe second time, he's gone off to the States.

Just like the clouds high in the skies, you can still see them from miles and mile away, as they look down at earth. And then the next moment, they've already ridden off to somewhere far away upon the wings of the wind. And you, you no longer can find any trace of the clouds and can only look up and sigh helplessly. I worry. I worry that he too would be like the clouds and just disappear completely when I wake up one morning. Just disappear to nowhere, without a trace. And then I would be told that from then on, he would never again appear within my line of sight.

Since the beginning, I've been bothered by these thoughts of mine. I just get scared by these groundless assumptions and guesses. I worry that one day, they would come true. I worry, can't help but worry, even though I understand too well there's no party that goes on forever and ever. All things will eventually come to an end.

I can't help myself, I would wonder... wonder about how things would be like in the future without him. Maybe, just maybe, my life will not be changed just because a certain Korean man has disappeared from the public's eyes. Maybe his disappearance will just be like the many people in my life, how they would come into my life only to go away sometime. And after these people have stepped out of my life, my life still goes on, and I'm still the same old me. So, maybe his disappearance would be the same way, would not affect me or my life. Nothing will be changed. Perhaps it's somewhat cruel and even cold to say things like these... But these things do happen, have happened and they're real.

But... me now... I'm sitting in a cab thinking funny thoughts, worrying about silly things... wondering if he would really disappear one day. And I can't help but ask myself, towards this man, exactly what sort of feelings do I harbour for him? I've never been a terribly passionate person, don't have very strong emotions or feelings about anyone or anything. About most things and towards most people, I'm often able to be quite clinical, quite detached. But yet... this morning, I'm thinking about a Korean man who lives in a land far away... And I'm wondering if he would suddenly disappear... And I'm trying to imagine my life after he has disappeared. Honestly, this is quite an incredible thing to be happening. It's so not me.

Then again, he IS different. He's special, he's something else. So I think, come one day when he really disappears, surely something would be different in my life. Surely there'll be something, a little something that would change with his disappearance. For instance, when I can see his smile no more, then my habit will have to change as I can't be looking forward to his smile anymore... And this change and other changes would be brought about because that man who has tugged at my heartstrings is no longer in my line of sight.

His profession is a unique one. And it's also because of this that he's so closely watched by so many. Amongst those who watch him, there'll be people who like him, and those who don't like him. No matter if how they feel towards him, I do believe he feels a certain amount of stress and pressure. And for more than a decade, he's always lived under such conditions, being closely watched by people who like him, as well as people who don't like him. All this time, for sure there'll be difficult, hardship and pain, and for sure there's also joy and satisfaction.

But still, I'm not him, and I can't feel what he feels. Just like what Hui-Zi has said, you're not fish, so you won't know the joy of being a fish. Yes, that's that. So, I can't tell and I won't know if he's happy or not. But, I do so sincerely hope he is happy.

Around me, men around his age are nearly happily married and they're surrounded by the love of their wives and children. Yes, maybe they have to work terribly hard for their families, but that's a sweet burden. This, I know for certain. As for him, he's still alone. I can't help but wonder, when he pushes open the door to go home after a hard day's work, would he feel a certain loneliness when he's greeted by an empty hall?

Because of his work, he's a public figure. His every move, every action and every word are watched by people. The last time, he was forced to make a public apology, and this time around, he's beinh singled out for not participating in the screen quota rally. I'm not sure if things like these bother or trouble him. But I do know that for so long as he's still at the very same position he is now, more of such things will continue to come. Maybe, he's already reached the stage he's able to look beyond all these and not be unduly bothered. But still, I've no wish to see him embroiled in such friction and issues again and again.

So, I hope one day, he'll be able to leave all these troubles behind. I hope that one day, he will find a good woman who understands him, and for the couple to live a normal and peaceful life. I hope he's able to lead a peaceful life, even if this means he will no longer appear behind my eyes.

But... can I really, really accept it if he really, really doesn't appear no more? Suddenly, I'm thrown into a contradictory situation, I'm of two minds. By now, the cab has moved on some... The purple hues in the skies have lessened and the blues have taken over and the skies are brighter and cheerier. But why is it that my thoughts have not cleared up like the skies?

Just about then, the nice cabby said to me, "Miss, you're here."

I was jolted out of my meandering thoughts. I quickly paid the cabby, and said 'Thank you.' Thanking him for sending me to my destination safely, and also for playing that song Sometime in Winter.

I stepped out of the vehicle and suddenly felt as though it was two completely different worlds inside the cab and outside. The big and clear skies, the vast land... Everything everywhere was a signal of hope. Suddenly, I felt like laughing at my own foolish thoughts earlier. Because, even if he were to disappear, at least I don't have to worry now, coz like it or not, he WILL disappear in the coming ten months. Why? Coz like what everyone knows, he's going to shoot Great King & Four Gods.

He's a professional man who respects his work. He always has been. He's said this before, 'Since I've started, then I want to give and do my best.'

Ah... What a good man.

source: happiebb.blogspot.com

FANFIC
Whoah .. . . a disappearing act. . . then BOOM, what a great NEWS of the day . . . here comes our BYJ!  Hurray!!!!!. . . What?. . .He is already married?  To WHOM? . . . .Come again, to whom?  Really to Lee Ji Ah? . . Is it really true? . .No wonder that LJA  disappeared also, I understand now the reason why LJA did not renew her contract with KE, she or both of them doesn't want her to be  with same agency and at the same time he is the boss. BYJ was also in LA and NY, maybe he visited LJA (LJA was attending their family's businesses in LA and NY).  At long last the Damsu couple were reunited. Now "The Legend" will now have a happy ending.

After reading the post " Sometime in the Summer " I had a stranged feeling...I don't know if that is happiness or sadness because just the thought of WYJ dissappearing will totally makes us all filled with grief ( even if it's only temporary ). But if it's about him getting hitched with someone, then that will be another story because that is all what we have been wishing for him to find his " true love " and find happiness with that person. We are all yearning for his return on the screen and this anticipation is way long enough but we will still going to hang on since he is enjoying his life at the moment doing things that he loves. Once he starts working again then rest will be difficult for him because we all know how hard working he is and he makes sure that his work will be done in perfection.

Guest iluvugudbye

loujaie said: FANFIC
Whoah .. . . a disappearing act. . . then BOOM, what a great NEWS of the day . . . here comes our BYJ!  Hurray!!!!!. . . What?. . .He is already married?  To WHOM? . . . .Come again, to whom?  Really to Lee Ji Ah? . . Is it really true? . .No wonder that LJA  disappeared also, I understand now the reason why LJA did not renew her contract with KE, she or both of them doesn't want her to be  with same agency and at the same time he is the boss. BYJ was also in LA and NY, maybe he visited LJA (LJA was attending their family's businesses in LA and NY).  At long last the Damsu couple were reunited. Now "The Legend" will now have a happy ending.

Guest iluvugudbye

jeunn said: After reading the post " Sometime in the Summer " I had a stranged feeling...I don't know if that is happiness or sadness because just the thought of WYJ dissappearing will totally makes us all filled with grief ( even if it's only temporary ). But if it's about him getting hitched with someone, then that will be another story because that is all what we have been wishing for him to find his " true love " and find happiness with that person. We are all yearning for his return on the screen and this anticipation is way long enough but we will still going to hang on since he is enjoying his life at the moment doing things thatt he loves. Once he starts working again then rest will be difficult for him because we all know how hard working he is and he makes sure that his work will be done in perfection.

Dam-Su said:   hey jeunn. :) yeah. it would be the saddest day for us fans once wuri Yong Joon decides to move away from the limelight permanently. but i guess, we can accept it if it's for his happiness. but i do hope that before he decides to retire as an actor, he would make a few more acting projects for us to remember him by. :)

Guest iluvugudbye

jeunn said: Damsu, he can't retire yet  [-X , he's still too young to do that. He still have a long way to go because he is still very much in demand. People still wants him and the industry still wants him to be their partner. He is the one who made the decision to rest ( which I totally agree 100 % ) since of all the injuries he sustained filming TWSSG. I won't opposed to any of his decision since he knows what he's doing. It doesn't matter how long before he does another film/drama, we will patiently wait for that time \:D/ . We'll support you no matter what you do WYJ . Aja !!! Aja !!! Hwaiting !!! ;)

Guest iluvugudbye

hello! hello! just dropping by to share an MV made by shinara on the Dam-Su couple. much thanks to her for sharing. :)>- enjoy swooning over Damdeok and Sujini. ;)

the title of the song is "Do You Know" by Jo Sung Mo. if my  memory serves me right, he was also the one who sang the TWSSG OST "Approval". i've got to say, this lad has a lovely voice. :)

Guest Moments1430291949

aahhh...after watching the clips and listening to that beautiful song sang by Sung, it really makes me feel im missing WYJ terribly. Really hope he will make a few more dramas/movies before he goes back screen into producing dramas. :((

Guest iluvugudbye

Moments said: aahhh...after watching the clips and listening to that beautiful song sang by Sung, it really makes me feel im missing WYJ terribly. Really hope he will make a few more dramas/movies before he goes back screen into producing dramas. :((

Guest iluvugudbye

Historical fantasies a passing fancy?

‘Jeon Woo Chi’ invites viewers to embrace the fusion period piece

The Korean historical romance is a cornerstone of national television.

Rather than grow rickety with age, the genre is still very much alive and kicking, thanks in part to the iconic “Jewel in the Palace,” a huge local and global success.

While period pieces like “Jewel in the Palace” are a linchpin of today’s historical drama market, they are not the only series keeping viewers interested in televised history.

As the Korean Wave fostered the popularity of the traditional genre abroad, a fusion take on the period piece took root in the 21st century.

Most notably, “The Legend” (2007), a popular fact-based fantasy featuring hallyu star Bae Yong-joon, helped pave the way for the new twist on a classic formula.

[omitted]

for the complete article click HERE.

source: Korea Herald

Guest iluvugudbye

Bae Yong Joon Mobile Photos (from 2013 BYJ Calendar)

source: usamama's blog

much thanks for sharing. :)>-

geee.... he's soooo...... white (like snow white). and dang! those lips! soooo te--tempting... :-*  :D:)>-

swbyj.jpg

swbyj1.jpg

Guest Moments1430291949

Hey Dam-Su, you really make my day! Soooo....handsome.... Crystal clear eyes and complexion. yeah, so kissable yummy-licious lips... hee :P

Dam-Su said: hello! hello! just dropping by to share an MV made by shinara on the Dam-Su couple. much thanks to her for sharing. :)>- enjoy swooning over Damdeok and Sujini. ;)

the title of the song is "Do You Know" by Jo Sung Mo. if my  memory serves me right, he was also the one who sang the TWSSG OST "Approval". i've got to say, this lad has a lovely voice. :)

Hello there damsu, thank you for uploading the MV. I like the lyrics so with its rhythm it breaks my heart reminiscing the drama "The Legend". The lyrics is so perfectly suited for Sujini's point of view. The production head should had been included this song as one of their OST in the drama since it was also sang and or maybe composed by Junsu as what he did in "Approval".