☆---Deep River ミ

Guest fantasiimaker

Guest fantasiimaker
Utada Hikaru
>Changing the flow of time Too bad there's no instrumental for this song. This is the best vocal cut I could make (and trust me, I've tried lots.) I think Deep River is one of Utada's very best songs =] It's always been one of my favorites. Thank you for taking the time to listen. Comments are appreciated :) ----- Deep River (english translation) Connecting dot and dot The line that I trace with my finger that drew it is The path I came on, and also my destination We two who tie together line and line Finally reach the sea and Become one; because of that we aren't afraid, but We flow down countless rivers Without asking for reasons Together with names we were given It's all right to not Accept everything Our wounds have now taken flight The sound as sword and sword strike each other I'm not the sound that should be used to know that With that kind of contradiction, who can you protect? Changing form countless times Today I'm searching for you Who flew down in front of me No matter where, it's all right, don't Try to be able to receive me Everyone will receive a sword just like themselves Changing the flow of time Without holding anything Together with the names we were given It's all right to not Accept everything In the sea breeze, opposing birds have now taken flight

bahhhh me hate it when there's no instrumentals >< but i'll listen

Lol what u fretting about >< it's a good vocal cut HAHAHA i remember when I trie to vocal cut Boa's Song with no Name song it ended up having no beat at all ~________~~......

it's a really nice song!!!!!!! kekeke i can tell u hitched up ur volume so ppl can't hear utada voice trailing in the bg it's beautiful. and me reckons u really suit jpop songs

Guest conversebunny

dude I LOVE deep river! so glad you sang it >v< very nice subtle vibrattos, it goes with the soft melody of this song. those high oos and ahs at the end sound soooooo beautiful! once again, a sensational job :)

ah, I loooove this song. First time I heard it I was like "oh my.. so amazing<33"

You are so good at ballad songs ^^

You really have that beautiful soft voice that makes the songs you sing sound peaceful and enoyable to listen to.

I think you did a amazing singing this~

I think also think you improved very much from when you first joined and now ^__^

awsome-ness~!!

O_O Scary....I was JUST listening to this song last night and wondering if I should request that you sing it. Get out of my braaaaaaain, mind-reader-lady-person!

On a semi-less mentally disturbed-sounding note...

OMGGGGG!!!!!! You did this so uberly awesomeful. It's such a prettyful song...it's too bad there isn't an instrumental ToT It would be the greatest CD ever if Hikki released a compilation of instrumentals for all her songs...to show off her composing talent rather than her vocal talent, you know?

Guest babiixru

what ruru always comments for lisa:

1. you've improved, from the last song i heard ;D

2. you sang it so beautifully!

3. i really like your vibratto, and emotions!

BUT AHA! SOMETHHING NEW! although i think i asked you this by PM in one of our random convos lol.

how long does it take you to learn a song -__- to me, it seems like it takes you like less than 2 days LOL. it's a really pretty vocal cut! you can't even hear her voice that much (: but that might be because you raised your voice volume! oh those falsetto parts, are really lovely, i swear you're increasing both your high range and lower range (: <3<3 give me your voice please x_x. or at lesat your perfectionism. every song i sing, it's never close to perfect unless i practice it for like a week or something constantly lol

Guest luvjunjin0819

LISA..my goodness, girl! THAT WAS BEEAAAAUUUUTTTIIIIIIFFUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!! :wub: can barely even hear hikki! hehe!! u rock sooo much!! i can never get tired of ur voice...u always amaze me!!

GREAT JOB, girl!

take care,

Tab ;)

Guest MzBeciko

ah, I loooove this song. First time I heard it I was like "oh my.. so amazing<33"

You are so good at ballad songs ^^

You really have that beautiful soft voice that makes the songs you sing sound peaceful and enoyable to listen to.

I think you did a amazing singing this~

I think also think you improved very much from when you first joined and now ^__^

awsome-ness~!!

my sentiments exactly

Guest babieblue545

I really love your singing. One of the reason is because of the emotion that you put into it. I feel like swaying my body back and forth everytime I hear your song. Also, your pitch is almost perfect. During the first chorus, you sort of fell apart, but got back right up, which is a good thing. It's just a minor mistake that I heard out of nowhere. Meh, it might just be my ears. :mellow:

Your vibratto is magnificent and it suits the song very well--and your voice, of course. You have a way of making the song legato (sp?). Instead of just using your emotion and saying the word like Utada would sort of, you sway the words (bad choice of words, but I wanted to put it in a way that you and I would understand) to make it very lovely and sweet. Good job. This is a hard song--well, for me, that is.

LISA! =] it's weird hearing the original of this.. i've heard a beat using this sample but its sped up like 10x. and it sounds so different so i did not expect this.. anyways, as i have said.. you have like that really soft angelic voice that makes you feel like ur in heaven.. euphoric in a sense. good job.

what the heck. haha. I swear I mentioned I wanted to hear you sing this once. but it was really, really long ago. And you said you liked the song? something like it. but yeah.

Wow. really nice impervising [sp?] before 'that's why, that's why...' This song is one her classics for me.

Your rendition is awesomee plus plus <3 Each note was sung for a reason with heart. I love the stretched parts. So delicate and beautiful.

Your ending!!!!! gah~ haha. I listened to it just for the ending again. ._.V haha. well done. Really, really, really well done. I can't put it in words.

you have this gift... and you can do so much with it. *proud*. haha. great job! <33

Guest fantasiimaker

Thank you so much for the comments, guys =] I truly appreciate it.

wenwen - haha I know what you mean about Song With No Name XD it's so annoying~ that song should have an instru.

conversebunny - yay thanks =] <3

Hiroto14 - does deep river count as a ballad? :D I'm so happy that you've noticed improvement ^^

nick-kun - mahaha this is like the third time I've read your mind XD I think they've all been Hikki songs too. Yeah, I'd love to hear an instrumental Hikki album ^^ I wonder why they didn't make Deep River into an piano version?

Jaeho - I didn't xD I found it on some website, forget where. Is it horribly wrong? I didn't read through it, really.

nan - <333

ru - depends on how much I like the song. for deep river, I've known it for a long time ^^ I had to work on it a lot~ I kept being unsatisfied and leaving it for a long time and then coming back XD;

orange&kiwie; - thank you <3

tab - aww you're always so nice >__< if you notice something bad, please do tell! thanks for listening!

MzBeciko - thanks ^^

babieblue545 - you've written a very thoughtful entry. You weren't imagining it; I definitely had some trouble on that chorus. It's amazing how Hikki can make those transitions so smoothly and keep the notes strong. Thank you for your very insightful review =] It made me think about what I've done and how I might improve.

DK. - ah really? I've never heard that beat..it must sound interesting xD; I appreciate you dropping by to listen =]

sacredangel - yes I vaguely recall you saying something like that XD I couldn't have made the song sound decent back then; I didn't have enough power and control. I thought the ending was slightly embarrassingly weird in the one part where I cut off the high note really abruptly, and then came down xD; I'm not sure if Hikki did it like that also...but I was too lazy to redo by that point so wtv =P thank you so much for your kind words<3

kpopper - What does "WPW" mean? XD;; sorry lol. I didn't know you've heard my clips before =D thanks for commenting!

Archived