Hong Soo Hyun Sheds Tears for Nana on "Roommate"

In Episode 3 of "Roommate" aired on May 18, Hong Soo Hyun wasn't able to control her tears from flowing after hearing about Nana's confession from when she was young.

In this episode, the roommates got to know each other better. After Hong Soo Hyun and Nana bonded over a fun dance session to Orange Caramel's "Catallena," the two soon enough got more serious as they talked about their experiences.

"Because I'm an idol, I always have to smile. But there are times when I'm having difficulties and it's also hard to smile on stage," said Nana.

Upon hearing Nana's story, Hong Soo Hyun turned her head away and tears started to fall. "I suddenly remembered something else," she said, changing the topic.

At the production interview, Hong Soo Hyun said, "When I was in my early 20s and I was acting, there were times that were difficult for me. Nana is also having a hard time as an idol now. Maybe (I cried) because thoughts of my little sister having difficulties came to my mind."

Hong Soo Hyeon and Nana

"Roommate" airs every Sunday on SBS, 4:40 p.m. (KST).

View the full article

Archived