Photoshop Tutorials And Requests

Guest jasonyc

Guest jasonyc

Colourising?

What I do is

- ALWAYS DUPLICATE THE LAYERS A LOT OF TIMES BEFORE WORKING :)

- Go to Image > Adjust > Color Balance (Or Ctrl + B) and fool around with the settings. Or you could use Variations (also under Image > Adjust).

Just erase the unnecessary parts. Then go onto your next layer and do the same thing.

Yeah, I'm not the world's best explainer. Maybe someone else could explain haha. Because I kinda just fooled around with it myself when i first colourised; i didn't follow a tut. >________< """

i think i just wasted two seconds of whoeverthatreadthis's time.

I think you pretty much covered the basics.

Anyone with two ideas about how to use Photoshop will figure this out.

As for me, I generally find that I don't learn anything until I encounter a situation where I need to learn a new skill.

And I've never needed to colorize anything.

I wish I could draw.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dreamstar

all I know.. colourizing is just making a black n white photograph look realistic coloured..

many people just colourize by adding colours in new layers and setting them in different blend mode.. for me its usually soft light, colour burn or overlay ^^

Guest Saranghae012

please, lots of other people post tutorials in here and hopefully make an index on the first page when it gets bigger? i hope you don't mind combining them all in one thread jasonyc so they can ask other ppl as well & it's less sloppy that way. =)

ohhh and I think i should move this where it should be tech >> troubleshooting.

_Chelly*

Guest Muddie Murda

I can keep the index in my post on the front page there. lol though it's a little low, jason can link to my post and they can get the index there. :)

So no worries jason! You help people and I'll be like....the organizer. haha :D

Guest 1--cuteYy

do you have a tutorial for how to make avatars like the ones...XD well the ones that everyone makes with the different but bright colors? ...>< sry if you don't understand what i'm saying

Guest xiLLeNtz

But it's fantastic to see so many people who use it because they love it.

Not for money. Not for rewards. Just for the self-satisfaction, and maybe a little cheering from the spectators.

so true.

Guest jasonyc

please, lots of other people post tutorials in here and hopefully make an index on the first page when it gets bigger? i hope you don't mind combining them all in one thread jasonyc so they can ask other ppl as well & it's less sloppy that way. =)

ohhh and I think i should move this where it should be tech >> troubleshooting.

_Chelly*

Feel free to move it wherever you deem necessary.

People are probably used to seeing the Photoshop thread there, anyway.

And it would be awesome if every one did contribute to the tutorials.

The regulars like Muddie an jeNn are great at them, and I suspect that they'll be a big part of this thread.

But that shouldn't discourage anyone else from lending a hand or mouse click.

It only works if we all pitch in, and scratch each others' backs.

I can keep the index in my post on the front page there. lol though it's a little low, jason can link to my post and they can get the index there. :)

So no worries jason! You help people and I'll be like....the organizer. haha :D

The index will be a fantastic idea for this thread once the tutorials start building up.

If necessary, I'll let one of the admins know to give you 'editing privaledges' to this thread so you can add/remove as you please.

if that's not possible, we'll work something else out.

Maybe I'll give you my account info so you can post regularly.

Just as long as you promise not to hit on any boys with my account.

Guest Muddie Murda

Feel free to move it wherever you deem necessary.

People are probably used to seeing the Photoshop thread there, anyway.

And it would be awesome if every one did contribute to the tutorials.

The regulars like Mudie an jeNn are great at them, and I suspect that they'll be a big part of this thread.

But that shouldn't discourage anyone else from lending a hand or mouse click.

It only works if we all pitch in, and scratch each others' backs.

The index will be a fantastic idea for this thread once the tutorials start building up.

If necessary, I'll let one of the admins know to give you 'editing privaledges' to this thread so you can add/remove as you please.

if that's not possible, we'll work something else out.

Maybe I'll give you my account info so you can post regularly.

Just as long as you promise not to hit on any boys with my account.

I don't think that's possible w/ the privaledge thing, lol but whatever floats your boat, up to you!

I love your sense of humor btw. lol

Guest jasonyc

someone please tell me the font'name of the letter "w" in this graphic...

mural_chelly_amber006.jpg

It's called 'One Fell Swoop'.

Available at dafont.com here.

i like the photos on your site..

and everything else.

Thanks, Crafty.

:D

Guest sixth.

^^ its back! hehe~ all the other tut. ar gone~ forever! noo~ haha

can i request a layout tutorial? like for xanga? cuz people make it through photoshop! how do they add the custom modules and stuff? xP does anybody know?

Um.. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that the custom modules are added through HTML or CSS. Not photoshop.

Guest xSnubbleyx

hey jason, do you think u can put that tutorial for blending images together back up? (i think you used boa images with a microphone)

thanks a bunch!

-tiff

Guest baybiifusion

It's called 'One Fell Swoop'.

Available at dafont.com here.

i hope you dont mind, but could you also identify the font where it says "was it something i didnt say'. i have alot of fonts similar to that but i just cant seem to find the exact one ><

Archived