Photoshop Tutorials And Requests

Guest jasonyc

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest xaida

how to i do this? Like having that little outline thing around the people?

example:

EDIT

nvm =____= it was already answered. XD;;

Guest bohemianheart.

Does anyone know how i can lower the kb size of my gif? it's at 42.5 KB size right now, and i want to put it as my avatar but the size is too big. I tried uploading to photobucket to get it lower but still. Does anyone know how? Thank you. : )

Guest Tailo

Does anyone know how i can lower the kb size of my gif? it's at 42.5 KB size right now, and i want to put it as my avatar but the size is too big. I tried uploading to photobucket to get it lower but still. Does anyone know how? Thank you. : )

Look at the index on page 141 and search for GIF. I believe someone has answered this question before, including me. Yku should also check a few pages back. My short answer would be to decrease the number of colors you use.

So much for people looking at the indeces.

Guest danceplaylove

Samantha, do you mean the outline of the vector? I can make you a simple tutorial tomorrow if you'd like.

--Kathy

Please and thank you Kathy! <3

try this site: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/180086...h+age_scale%3A5

his vector tut is very concise and neat

Thanks! I have that already. I know how to make the shapes but not like the lines of the eyes or face. T_T

Guest em.jennie

QUESTION:

I know this is kinda stupid hahaha but how do you crop?

Like cropping a picture out to make it as an icon

:DDD <3 Thank You (:

Guest lucky*13

Glowing with Photoshop Tutorial

By: Muddie Murda

This one is easy!

I learned it right away.

Thanks for sharing! <3

``christyy. (:

Guest &gravity.

QUESTION:

I know this is kinda stupid hahaha but how do you crop?

Like cropping a picture out to make it as an icon

:DDD <3 Thank You (:

Use the marquee tool to select the parts that you want. Go to Image>Crop and you should have your picture cropped.

Guest AMIbunny

Hiii!! Can anyone make a tutorial on how to do this: *this is my BEST attempt HAHAH XD (btw its a pic of Aaron Yan) and i cut myself out and paste it on!! HAHA

I want to learn how to make it look more real =D

looksfake.png

Guest Tailo

Use the marquee tool to select the parts that you want. Go to Image>Crop and you should have your picture cropped.

There is also the Crop Tool (shortcut key: C). With that tool, you can set your aspect ratio and output resolution, too if you want. Use either one, whichever is easier for you.

Hiii!! Can anyone make a tutorial on how to do this: *this is my BEST attempt HAHAH XD (btw its a pic of Aaron Yan) and i cut myself out and paste it on!! HAHA

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v149/hpf...o/looksfake.png

Right now I'm not on my PC so I can't give you a full tutorial, but Michelle from SKO has this: Manipulation Guide. You have to be a member to see it, though. I like her tutorial, so I'll ask her if I can post it here.

Guest em.jennie

There is also the Crop Tool (shortcut key: C). With that tool, you can set your aspect ratio and output resolution, too if you want. Use either one, whichever is easier for you.

Thank You :D (: <3

Something is wrong with my photoshop. I tried resizing some banners but I don't get the right size to it when I resize it. Also, when I try to put text in the banner it only shows a small tiny dots! I can't see the font letters no matter how huge I change the font size.

Guest Nathalie

^

Its filtering..you can go to the first page and look up filter and there will be a clear tut for it.

Hope it helps!

Guest Tailo

^ I don't think it's technically called "filtering," but you can also check the tutorials on page 141 for "lines".

Okay, just got permission from Michelle to post this. It's for doing it in greyscale. For colored pictures, you'll have to play with your color curves and hue/saturation settings. Check for the tutorials on coloring if you need help for that. Also it's not an exact science. This tutorial involves overlapping someone in the picture. It should still be helpful nonetheless.

A Guide to Manipulations Photoshopping Photos Together

1. Open up the pictures you want to manipulate together. Choose wisely because the realness of the outcome depends on the compatability of the photos. I decided to use these:

mhcdgyl2.pngdr6zs7.png

First thing I like to do is open up a new canvas and just put both the photos on it. More space, woot!

3. Desaturate the photos. This is to hide the fact that the people aren't exactly in the same place (lighting, colors, etc). ^^;

4. Now I'll try to get Seulgi to fit into Jaejoong's picture. I like to play around with the blending modes, particularly Multiply/Screen/Lighten, so that I can kinda see where I'm putting Seulgi and if she's the same size as Jaejoong. If you're gonna cut out any part of her picture, use the lasso tool and I suggest a feather setting between 2-10 px.

So set the blending mode of Seulgi's picture to Multiply/Lighten/Screen/etc. and using Free Transform (CTRL + T), reduce the size of Seulgi's picture until it looks like Seulgi's in the same picture as Jaejoong. Remember to hold down SHIFT while you're doing the transformation or else you'll reduce the picture unevenly.

step4ahd7.pngstep4bta3.png

You can change the blending mode back to Normal sometimes to check if you're doing it right.

step4cwk5.png

The blending mode here is Lighten.

Tip: When transforming the photo, I try to match the sizes of their eyes to each other and the general sizes of their faces (because sometimes people squint or make their eyes bigger, haha).

5. This is the fun part! Well, at least for me, hehe. Once you've gotten Seulgi in place, change the blending mode back to Normal and start cutting away the unnecessary parts, blending Seulgi into Jaejoong's picture! =]

step5gv4.png

6. When you're done blending Seulgi in, crop the picture accordingly.

step6mb5.png

The manipulation's really coming together now. You're almost done!

7. Now let's adjust the lighting settings to make the manipulation look more real. Play around with the Brightness/Contrast settings to your liking, but for the sake of this guide, I will be using the following settings:

Seulgi - Brightness: -13 & Contrast: +3

Jaejoong - Brightness: +10 & Contrast: +10

8. Finishing touches! Seulgi's face looks a little bit smoother than Jaejoong's, so I'm gonna use the blur tool. With the strengh set to 10%, I'm gonna blur both of their cheeks a little to create a more uniform look. You can play more with effects on the pictures if you want, but I'm gonna stop here.

Hooray! Now you're done! This is what yours should basically look like:

finalfh6.png

Whew! I hope that wasn't confusing. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask and I'll try my best to answer them. =]

- Michelle

All tutorial copyrights belong to Michelle @SKO (Appolpai @Soompi). Do not take out without permission.

Archived