Photoshop Tutorials And Requests

Guest jasonyc

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest romantic_wisho0
http://i16.-/6ftqe6q.jpg

how do you get this effect on ps? i'm asking specifically about the colorization? the arrangement of photos? like i don't know to put all the pictures in frames like the example. And lastly. how do you create the two circles in the middle? thanks

anybody?? :tears:

Guest mr. lovely
6ftqe6q.jpg

how do you get this effect on ps? i'm asking specifically about the colorization? the arrangement of photos? like i don't know to put all the pictures in frames like the example. And lastly. how do you create the two circles in the middle? thanks

Uh, hi :D

I'm not sure what you're talking about LOL.

The image itself was already in that kind of arrangment.

I just added all the effects and stuff.

But if you want to add things in frames and stuff, just use the rectangle selection tool, select the image that you want, make a new image, and paste.

Simple as that ^^

Guest twinkle_l0ve

just thought i'd like to share what i've been able to whip up with some of the tutorials xD

with using espèce* blending tut:

4lhbbzb.jpg

using skecth image tut:

6cws07n.jpg

lol kinda tacky.. but just to show you some thanks!

4rbgtv8.jpg

THANK YOU!!

.edit//

am i allowed to post here?

Guest j o y spill!&;

something i found it in DA it kinda like filtering but in different way

;)

%7Boption%7D emmawatsontutorialby101av8.png

credit : DA

-mai

Usuing C4D has been around for a REALLY long time(back in 2005, when I started PS'ing). I use them alot, I'm suprised not alot of people here use it. I guess it's a good alternative to filtering, alot easier and C4D's can easily be manipulated, just like how people make "filtering".

Although the person who wrote the tut only used C4D once, and it's not that noticable, alot of C4D's are extrememly useful.

Guest ShortaznGirl

how do i make the quality of my pictures look like the quality of an ullzaang picture? like this -> fds.jpg (creds to HanNah for the photo) or like this -> 31-1.jpg (creds to gomi)

Guest lucky*13

^Do you mean looking like this? ----------->

02-11.png

Well here's what I did. ----------->

01. You open your picture

02. Make a new layer

03. Fill it with white

04. Change the opacity of the white layer

Oh, on that picture I fixed the lighting so I looks more bright. Image > Adjustment > Brightness and Contrast, using the dodge tool, and added a black border around it.

So after you brighten it, it looks like this ------>

01-13.png

I hoped that helped you. ++ All the PS pros like Talio, Jason, Muddie_Murda, + espèce* can correct me. I think mine's not right. Or totally off :\

Guest ShortaznGirl

i think you misunderstood. actually that picture is not me and i was using the picture as a reference as to how i get my own picture to look like the one with the girl and her pillow or the blue one. lol. thx anyway though

Guest lucky*13

^So I didn't help you. How sad.

I think what is wrong is that the image didn't have more colors?

I don't know. PS pros would help I think. (:

Edit: I read over your post again.

I think all you need to do is to just brighten it for the guy picture.

Guest ShortaznGirl

brighten it you said? thanks very much then i will try that. currently i'm addicted to using the dreamy look tutorial. lol i'm testing it with all these pictures i have.

Tailo: Found it. ^_^ Thnx.

Sorry for asking too many questions but this will be my last question for now. When I tried to use the pen tool to make a selection around an image and I clicked CLTR C. I later tried to paste the selection onto a blank canvas but the result I get was blank. The selected image won't show. Any tips? I did it many times and the results are the same.

Thanks in advance.

When creating a selection with the Pen tool, you must first be aware that the Pen tool does NOT make selections. It makes Work Paths.

It is, however, possible to turn that path in to a selection (right click inside the selection with the Pen tool).

Perhaps you missed the 'turn it into a selection' step before copying and pasting.

And as a side note, I've decided that from today and on, I will make a special effort to point out the crappy questions we get here daily.

I will make you look like a fool.

I will use you as an example of how to be a complete doof online.

I will try my best to make you hate yourself and cry a lot.

It's simple to not be a doof.

1. Think about what you want to say before typing.

2. Proofread what you've written to make sure it will make sense to someone who has no idea who you are.

3. Be specific about what you're asking. Don't make someone guess at what you're trying to say.

4. If English isn't your first language, there are plenty of sites in your native language that teaches Photoshop.

5. CHECK THE TUTORIALS LIST THAT TAILO HAS PUT TOGETHER. If you're not going to make the effort, why would we...

6. Check the tutorial list ... again.

7. Learn the basics of Photoshop (names of tools, what the tools do, the terminology - ie: what NOT to call filtering, etc)

I think that's it... not so hard.

Now, here are some generic examples of how to be a doof.

1. 'I know this has been asked many times...'

When someone starts off with this comment, it usually means that they've taken the time to go through at least some of the thread to look at what we're doing here.It means that they saw others asking questions about the same thing they were going to ask about. What they always fail to explain, however, is why THIS particular question will be better than the other 600 questions about abstract swirls (commonly referred to as 'filtering' by equally annoying comments) or other topics covered over and over and over again. If it has been asked many times, don't ask it again. If it hasn't been answered, we suck at what we do, and you don't want to learn from us, anyway.

2. Posting one single image containing hundreds of possible effects and asking 'How do I make something like that?'

It's like pointing to a jar of Jelly Bellys from twenty feet away, and saying 'I want THAT flavor.' I'll punch you in the kidney.

3. Trying to learn Photoshop from only this thread.

You do know that there's like... an entire internet out there, right?

4. Taking this post meanly, and crying about it.

This isn't meant to be mean. This thread needs a wake up call every once in awhile.

I recommend getting 1 or 2 books (the Adobe Classroom in a Book series is very very good) to help you learn the basics.

Now I need cheese.

And for the last time...The funky, colorful, swooping, blurs of light you see so much of these days is not called 'Filtering'.

Filters are TOOLS. In photography, the photographer puts on an orange tinted 'filter' on the end of his lens to make the scene warmer.

The PHOTO is the end product. Not the filter. You wouldn't look at that photo in a gallery and think 'Hey. Nice filtering.'

Same thing here.

I've seen them referred to as 'abstract swirls (my favorite), light blurs, etc. Soompi is the first time I've seen it called 'filtering'. And amazingly, and perhaps unfortunately, the name seems to have stuck.

Makes me wanna throw my wiimote at someone.

And as a side note, I've decided that from today and on, I will make a special effort to point out the crappy questions we get here daily.

I will make you look like a fool.

I will use you as an example of how to be a complete doof online.

I will try my best to make you hate yourself and cry a lot.

jason you're posts always put a smile on my face ^^ -kathymon gives jason a pat on the back-

kathy.

Guest romantic_wisho0

Uh, hi :D

I'm not sure what you're talking about LOL.

The image itself was already in that kind of arrangment.

I just added all the effects and stuff.

But if you want to add things in frames and stuff, just use the rectangle selection tool, select the image that you want, make a new image, and paste.

Simple as that ^^

ooh...how did u "all the effects and stuff"

i mean like how did u make the colors like that? thanks

Archived