Photoshop Tutorials And Requests

Guest jasonyc

Guest espèce*
i remember that someone has posted some how-to-make-glow-text or something like that..

but i forget on which page i could find it, can you tell me? thanks..

Right click on the layer - blending options - outer glow (whatever you want)

Simple way ^^

i'm having this problem with photoshop cs2.

whenever i open them, i cannot use all the effects.

i can only do the basic sharpen and blur.

i can't even use the distort effects. :X

does anyone know why?

This sounds familiar. I remember no being able to use all the effect I wanted when I created images with color mode 16 bit.

http://i6.-/4vfno6q.jpg

Try to change it to 8 bit instead.

If the images you opened: Mode - 8 bits/channel

This should help, I hope.

- apoptos dolor

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest espèce*
hi

can someone help me??

When i try to use a 19pt font, its so huge!!

is there a setting to fix it?

When you create a new image, make sure the resolution is set to 72, and not 92.

**guiltily looks around**

I don't know how to go about using marquees... I only just got photoshop... I don't know how to use boarders all together...

Be more specific. Give us an example of what you're tying to do.

We can't help much if we don't know what you're trying to do.

- apoptos dolor

**guiltily looks around**

I don't know how to go about using marquees... I only just got photoshop... I don't know how to use boarders all together...

AYU-DEARIE!!!borders?..the marquee is actually the selct tool...and to easy select the entire image just press (Ctrl+A).and then make a new layer(not needed..but in case you dont want the border) and go to Edit>Stroke..and yeah..your settings..

actually, I would recommend you search for tutorials on good-tutorials.com or pixel2life.com or something to get you accostomed to the basics

I am SURE they have "how to make a border" tutorials. :mellow:

Guest miz_luvabl3

can anyone help me??how do i make the white border around the text like in this banner??..it looks like the words are outlined.

banner1ssod8soompi.jpg

Guest kneekey
can anyone help me??how do i make the white border around the text like in this banner??..it looks like the words are outlined.

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/phucnguyen123/banner1ssod8soompi.jpg

stroke your image twice. first, stroke it w/ white the px should be higher than your second one

argghh!! i so suck at explaing..i know that there's a tut there in the first page

Guest Freda

hey, for an upcoming school project of mine i have to create a calendar with a common theme and i'm planning to do something related to a chimera/fantasy/mystical...etc theme.

i've been wondering how to make this certain effect. i have a few examples below:

recoveredpng9636za4.th.png

(that misty look in front of her dress)

credits: kpopchild

sunsetph2ja0.th.jpg

credits: starlette

i also want to learn how to get this cloudy and cloudy streak effect (i don't really know how to explain it, sorry).

csr11gz5ka8.th.jpg

(for example, the cloudy look in this picutre)

credit: sxc.hu, naw25

butterflyeffecthe2zl5.th.jpg

(the streaks coming from the girl's back)

credits: starlette

recoveredpng10951et0.th.png

(the streaks on the top left and bottom right)

credits: kiss the rain / pseudonym (don't remember who this is by, but it's either one of the..sorry >_<!)

any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks!!

can someone tell me how to use the gradient mask in blending

please

gradient mask?

you cant blend with gradient mask.

you CAN blend with gradients on a layer mask though

heres a tut:

http://www.photoshopcafe.com/tutorials/blend/blend.html

Freda

those light effects are filtering

theres a small explanation here:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...93&st=1380#

basically its just distort effects.

Guest Freda

^ so what do i exactly filter? what kinda of layers should i be filtering (eg. textures? brush strokes?) and with which filters?

>_< i've been trying it for a while now, and it hasn't been going well...

[edit] sorry, that link doesn't work.

Guest the kite

^ The tut. is about 1/2/3/a few pages back.

Most people make filters by using a lens flare, to get the light thing going on.

Filter>Render>Lens Flare

-----------------------------

Is it possible to make text follow a path?

I know on Corel Draw/ Quark s you can do it, but on PS, can you?

It's like.. you type something, and you draw a squiggle

and you make the text go in line with the squiggle.

Do you have to use the pen tool? IDK ~

Thanks ^^

^ so what do i exactly filter? what kinda of layers should i be filtering (eg. textures? brush strokes?) and with which filters?

>_< i've been trying it for a while now, and it hasn't been going well...

[edit] sorry, that link doesn't work.

depends on what you want..

for light effect, you make lens flares and distort themand colorize them all that pretty stuff

for colored effects like the girl in the red dress, you duplicate the layer and distort from there

and I fixed the link

This is what I got:

http://i8.-/4ttiakh.jpg

v2.

http://i1.-/4lg0pqv.jpg

another example of what I got..using lens flare and duplicating my layer and distorting:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1550/cy3hd7.jpg

you can also distort other pictures..like light stocks or abstract c4d renders

bloo.

yeah..you have to use the pen tool.

heres a tut..i never tried it though..becuase my pen tool isnt my friend..T.T

http://user.fundy.net/morris/?photoshop07.shtml

or you can try warping

Guest espèce*

READ ABOUT FILTERING HERE!

Don't ask about this thing anymore, the answer will be the same anyway.

Freda I and tru_minute posted simple tutorials a few pages back. here scroll down for more.

But I guess I have to explain it all again, more details this time. People nowadays are not so interesting with other types of filtering, only show interest in light filtering; sad actually. So I'm just gonna focused on light filtering this time.

[+] Why are people avoiding me when I ask them for help about filtering, esp the one who made the graphic I like?! Well, let me tell you something. You spend weeks/months/years to master filtering and then someone just asks you to reveal your secrets of filtering? Do you then want to share them? You spend times and efforts on your thing and then someone, with just one question can get it all? No, life isn't that easy.

[+] You know the thing with all types of filtering is that you need to be patient and be creative, no matter how advanced a tutorial may be but you're not creative, then it will be a waste of time anyway. There is no specific way to create this or that kind of effect, because there are several ways to do it. All the examples above - those artists used different metods to get the effect, such as using brushes and then add outer glow (first one), use cloud stocks (third one) etc.

[+] Light filtering = quite many ways to do it. Blending options, changing positions of layers, filter options, stocks etc. It requires a creative and quick mind. What do I mean by all those options? You don't have to start from scratch when filtering, there is an easy way to do it - use nice stocks, esp flowers and light ones. Look below to get what I mean.

53rwk1x.jpg

6ajy44k.jpg

67dlmxx.jpg

4yfnf69.jpg

[+] This is what I get. I changed colors&settings a little bit before saving. HOWEVER, this is totally copying of me. Whoever looks at this graphic will think that I copied starlette* right? I didn't mean to, I only did this to show you all who wondered about light filtering. REMEMBER, be yourself and don't copy other. This is just a simple graphic which only took me 10 min to finish.

4xwnous.jpg

[+] Questions? Replay here or pm me. And any other artists who has something to add, feel free to do so and I will edit this post.

- apoptos dolor

Guest chibi_ryou

Vy, you put up such good and patient tutorials <33 Your filtering is so nice too! ^^

I hope this helps, everyone! Basically sums up what I do.. I know filtering is an amazing thing, but please develop your own style.

Otherwise, it'll get boring after a while seeing the same-styled graphics.. I don't blame whoever asked about filtering.. I did too a long time ago, but I've developed my own style ^^

So motto of the day: Stay original! =DD

-ignore my cheesyy-ness- xDD

`holly

Guest shar-izzle

espèce*, props to you. Like what Holly said, you've been very patient with questions pertaining to filtering. You deserve a big, fat, chocolate brownie! ^_^

___

Okay, on to my situation. Don't know if its suppose to go in here and if it isn't. Please forgive me ;-;

I'm on the verge of hypervenilating. Why? Because photoshop won't open.

So here's the thing, I decide I need to save some pictures and I usually like editting them a little bit before saving them. I do the editting on Photoshop, of course. Anywhos, to make a short story even shorter. I open up Photoshop, wait for the loading to be finished and I anticipate the screen coming up. However, it doesn't open. Like.. it literally poofs from my task bar T-T

I tried logging off and logging back on, that didn't help. I tried rebooting my computer, that didn't help neither. I'm wondering if I have to uninstall Photoshop and re-install in back in, but I don't want to do it if I don't have to. It's not a burdensome for me, but I could be doing better stuff than having to re-install it.

Help anyone? o_o; Before I rip my own hair from my head and go running around; crying my eyes out >.<

Archived