Photoshop Tutorials And Requests

Guest jasonyc

Guest Shiroiyuki

Guys, there's something wrong with my paint bucket tool. Every time I use it, it doesn't fill the selection I make. The bucket tool makes blotches instead of flooding the selection I made with the color of my choice. Can someone help me??

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, there's something wrong with my paint bucket tool. Every time I use it, it doesn't fill the selection I make. The bucket tool makes blotches instead of flooding the selection I made with the color of my choice. Can someone help me??

A bit late, but chances are your tolerance is too low. On the paint bucket tool, there's a setting for "tolerance". Up it in 10s/20s, you'll get how it works after testing it.

Alternatively, if you're trying to make a shape or something, make a new layer and the selection should fill regardless of the background.

Guest Shiroiyuki

^Thanks! That sure helped a lot :)

by the way, I wanna ask another question..

I saw the tutorial here about "photo manipulation"...and I was wondering if I can also paste (or manipulate) a person's facial features by using someone else's facial features as a guide? I was playing with Yeon Jihee and Ga-In's photos, and I was wondering if I can paste Ga-In eyes on Jihee to see the difference (without making it look like photoshopped)^^

• 3 weeks later...
Guest minwoo012

^I second this.

How do I do this effect in photoshop?

This isn't my tutorial.. but i googled it ("photoshop HDR cs5") and read through the post and it's pretty straight forward and the results look good! let me know if it works out for you

http://www.graphicmania.net/how-to-create-hdr-photos-in-photoshop-cs5/

hope that helps :]

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys! I need help!

for this image, I want to know how you get the rainbowish part. And how there are lines on it, yeah I want to know how you get this type of result??

Rainbow_licks_WP_by_SfinxMagnum.png

for this one, I want to know how you get the diagonal lines in the background as well as how you get the transparent waves? (If that made any sense LOL). Basically how to get a background like this.

Colorful_Desktop_Candy_by_alsnd12.jpg

Guest tirahbunny

hi everyone, this might seem like a stupid question because real photographers would probably say film is film and digital is digital....

well im not a photographer by any means, im just a photography enthusiast and i cant get my hands on a film camera but i love how film looks.

is there a way to create the film photo look by using Photoshop actions? or where can i get photoshop actions in general? i know deviantart has some but ive only found a few that are similar to what im looking for.

here are some samples of film photos I want to emulate:

5494915642_81b2db3e5e_z.jpg

shot with minolta x700

3578008298_7c89c8380f_z.jpg

shot with nikon fg-20

if you look closely at the first picture there are some dust and scratches on it and these photos are faded with slight grain. i tried to achieve this look but to no avail.

also im using an Android phone and i have an app called Camera360, one of the filters is called "Japanese style" and it makes pictures look kind of like this

or5ez5.jpg

2qncm0z.jpg

theyre low contrast but don't look dull

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cantthinkofaname

I have a problem with my typing tool, I opened up my photoshop and clicked on the typing tool, I couldn't type anything because the font size was --2845093 pt, I went to my paragraph palette and noticed that everything was also in that same number. I know the default is 0pt, and so I changed it to 0pt. But...when I use my typing tool, still nothing shows up. I do see my typing cursor blinking but it's EXTREMELY small. Does anyone know how to fix this?

It tells me to restore it to it's last valid value...how do i do that?

• 2 weeks later...

^ That used to happen to me a lot. =/ I always just closed the program out and opened it again and usually it went back to normal. And if you can't figure it out, you could always just make the number really big. XD

4jsis4:

It's all about the pen tool when it comes to those "transparent waves." Something similar was most likely used to create that shape in the first picture too. :) (Personally I'm not very good at it; I just use it to cut stuff out :lol:)

But I have some links to tutorials ^_^

Pen tool basics

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/856-photoshop-tutorials-and-requests/page__view__findpost__p__6573992

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2060781/Photoshop-Tutorial-How-to-make-smooth-wave

http://popo-licious.deviantart.com/art/Pen-Tool-Tutorial-30K-Views-159940230?q=boost%3Apopular%20pen%20tool&qo=1

tirahbunny:

The style of those pictures looks like something only a professional camera would be able to authentically create. XD But no fear! I guess you could try to emulate it on Photoshop. For those first two picture, try sharpening the picture and then using the blur tool around the object you want to focus on. Then try sharpening it again after the blur tool (basically just go back and forth). But do it subtly so it won't be so overwhelming. Also, the dust and scratches could be done with the help of some grungy textures (just erase away whatever parts you want so there won't be so many scratches). And for the last two pictures, you can still use the whole sharpen and blur method combined with going to Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Exposure and mess with the settings to your liking. I hope you understand? If not, I could always try making a tutorial :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shiroiyuki

here are some samples of film photos I want to emulate:

*quoted image*

shot with minolta x700

http://www.flickr.co...l-53237974@N00/

*quoted image*

shot with nikon fg-20

http://www.flickr.co...57623688287898/

if you look closely at the first picture there are some dust and scratches on it and these photos are faded with slight grain. i tried to achieve this look but to no avail.

also im using an Android phone and i have an app called Camera360, one of the filters is called "Japanese style" and it makes pictures look kind of like this

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

This is the same photo effect that ulzzangs use, right? I googled this effect you are talking about and I found this one: Photoshop VIntage Effect. It may not look the same as the photos you posted, but it's somewhat close. Hope I got it right.

Guest Shiroiyuki

If you can change the colors of your eyes in photoshop, then how can you change the shape of your eyes? Like, make it chinkier? I've been wondering how to do that since bloating tool makes your eyes bigger...

^ the liquify filter has the pucker tool and forward warp that can probably do the trick

but you have to set the density of the brush and the speed just right so it doesn't look

horribly unrealistic...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kitkat046

How can I make this kind of color effect?

tumblr_lkgmqgy5H71qc2znbo1_500.jpg

It's all over Tumblr and stuff. Can you show me how to do it on Photoshop?

• 2 weeks later...

waaaa....I like this thread!biggrin.gif....hehe....gotta learn all...lol...I hope I've seen this thread long time ago...haha...Kamsahamnida!...jeongmal kamsahamnida!laugh.gif

waiting for the release of Ps CS6...haha...

@trashstar-Thanks to your tutorial,I've made mine...hehe...looking forward(and backward as well...haha) to this thread....hehe..I've been editing photos almost a year and good that I have discovered this thread..(am I nutts?,...didn't think there is something like this here...haha)..

jeongmal kamsahamnida eorabeun!

224304_216608305023614_168677616483350_826970_4805249_n.jpg

Guest always_urs

dont know if i should post here but umm...

there this bubble thing i wanna learn but its hard to understand

can someone tell me step by step of tools i should be

useing to make this bubble here -___- this info

is kinda hard to follow... TT__TT

MAGIC_bubble_tutorial_by_Apofiss.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dreamskye.

^ what part exactly do you have a hard time understanding?

basic tools you use are the brush and eraser tool. Play around with opacity settings to get desired effect.

kitkat046

first increase contrast by duplicating layer and setting to soft light/overlay

go to selective color --> neutral --> increase cyan

go to red --> increase yellow and red

play around w/ selective color to get desired effect

Guest always_urs

TT__TT :crazy: i gave up!!

i try as far as i went this is how

it turn out to look...

j9wky1.jpg

TT____TT damn the info i'm following just

giving me jumbo words TT__TT