Photoshop Tutorials And Requests

Guest jasonyc

Guest xsaranghae<3

so i know that people can take a gif (like a gif from a video clip) from photobucket or something

and use that to make a gif (liek adding a frame or something)

liek you go to photobuket and find a gif you like and then you resize it and add a frame+ text or something to make a smaller different gif? im not sure if i explained this well...

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i know that people can take a gif (like a gif from a video clip) from photobucket or something

and use that to make a gif (liek adding a frame or something)

liek you go to photobuket and find a gif you like and then you resize it and add a frame+ text or something to make a smaller different gif? im not sure if i explained this well...

save the gif

go onto photoshop

file > import > video frame to layers

in the "file name", type in *.*

now, instead of only video files, all types of files will pop up

then, select the .gif file and press Load.

now, you will have A BUNCH of layers in the pallette.

now, select the layers you want to delete (click a layer + shift and then another layer to select multiple ones) and delete them

when you're done,

file > save optimized as (save for web & devices)

and make sure the file type is on gif (:

Hey everyone! :D

[image]

^An issue I'm having on Photoshop that I've NEVER had before is that.. for some reason, when I try to drag the NEW file (on the RIGHT) to the new document (on the left), it becomes all blurry. It's not in it's original state like the one on the right, and there are differences if you can tell. I really need to edit / make the new photos into a collage, so I was wondering if there was any way I can drag the file into the new document without the file getting blurry? (And me having to redit all over again)

Thanks alot! >< (For a school project haha)

-PrincessBoa

remember to "flatten image" before you drag.

(:

Guest towriteloveonherarms

I'm completely new at photoshop and I know this a pretty stupid question, but do you guys get a background and photoshop it or do you make one and then photoshop it? Also, any websites or books on how to learn photoshop 6.0?

I'm completely new at photoshop and I know this a pretty stupid question, but do you guys get a background and photoshop it or do you make one and then photoshop it? Also, any websites or books on how to learn photoshop 6.0?

Not exactly sure what you're asking. Do you mean how do people make wallpapers for their desktops in general? If that's what you mean, then generally if someone wants to make a wallpaper from scratch they use a number of different things to create it. Pictures, patterns, brushes, etc.

Since you're new to photoshop, it'd be best to google how to make wallpapers/backgrounds and search for a basic tutorial first so you know how to get your feet wet. And I wouldn't recommend buying books either, it's a waste of money especially when there's so many resources on the internet that's for free. And considering you're using photoshop 6.0 there probably aren't any books for that version anyways since it's so old. Best just stick to the internet, but even then you might be out of luck since the majority of people have since gone on to the many upgrades.

• 4 weeks later...

So, um, I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly what method was used to achieve this kind of coloring/effect:

10zmubm.jpg

Credited to iwantanafro @ flickr

I tried using different exclusion methods and overlay methods, but it didn't work... ;A;

Help, please?

I am new to Photoshop but I see the picture you guys create that I started to use it. I learned how to do an Icon and I learn how to do gifs my question is that I want to mix an image with a small gif inside or I would add like a frame or text to my gifs but I can't do it I tried fireworks and I tried gimp and flash as well as three versions of photoshop (5, and cs3 and cs4) but I am not able to do it turns into two still images and not a gif even though I save it for the web but it is not an animation. plainly, it doesn't look like the ones you guys post here can anyone help...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bigbangletsgo

Hi, I would like to know how to make this banner. Similar styles are okay too.

Thank you.

ver2border.jpg

Cr. chocoduck1

Guest Yuri_xo

hi,

i wondering how to get this kind of colour effects

for your pictures,

thank you~ ^^

one question is the second picture different colour effects or the same thing?. hehe..

20100318_ses_1.jpg

20100318_ses_4-400x600.jpg

20100318_ses_5.jpg

cr: allkpop

sorry im really new to photoshop x)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mani4ever

How do I collect the three marked layers in one, so it doesn't effect the two locked ones? I've tried merging down, but then it went being to one layer. I want three layers.

mergej.png

@ selcaqueen + bigbangletsgo

it all depends on the quality+colour of the original photo.

with colouring, you have a couple of options, but what i usually like to do is

a. mess around with the blending options on solid colour layers

b. go on deviantart > resources+stock images > application resources > photoshop actions

then look for someting to achieve a similar colouring.

i really ike most of `night-fate 's action packs. :]

@mani4ever

you say you want one layer, but when you merged down, you got one layer, but you want three ?

idk what you mean, but i guess you can click the top layer, hold shift, click the third layer,and it should select all 3 layers, then right cick + merge layers ?

or if you don't want to "affect" the locked layers, make a new group with the three layers.

Archived