Photoshop Tutorials And Requests

Guest jasonyc

Guest bigbangletsgo

^

Thanks for all the help!

Sorry for the late comment.

It's because I always set my JPEG to the max, which is 12 and sometimes the picture comes out blurry.

I'll try to save PNG more often now.

Thanks again!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SeLcaQueen

Can you guys give me tips when resizing pics? I use bicubic sharper when resizing mine but oftentimes, it's very obvious that the quality has deteriorated unlike who others whose pics seem perfect even after resizing. Is there a rule regarding it?

heeeeello everyone! ^^ i'm having trouble with my cs3 right now; it won't show the text i type at all >___< anyways, i was wondering what happened to it because it was working fine two days ago & when i decided to add text yesterday to my picture, it did not show anything. i tried adjusting the size, color, & font but it does not help at all. please help me anyone, please!

screenshot w/character:

click!

screenshot w/paragraph:

click!

i don't know if those are helpful but yeah . . . thank you in advance! ^^

Um hello everybody!...ehh nobody seems to reply to this topic anymore... but anyways, can someone teach me how to get this nose effect with PS7 (yes i dont have PS CS2 or 3 so i DO NOT have warp) I have learned that you can use liquidfy...BUT it doesnt seem to work with me, it just makes it worse.

Example:

2270095687172733572.jpg

and another

884957326778331347.jpg

Guest SeLcaQueen

Can you guys give me tips when resizing pics? I use bicubic sharper when resizing mine but oftentimes, it's very obvious that the quality has deteriorated unlike who others whose pics seem perfect even after resizing. Is there a rule regarding it?

This thread seems to have been neglected. :(

Guest luvsEeteuk

^ Sorry, but I can't seems to understand what you meant. ><

heeeeello everyone! ^^ i'm having trouble with my cs3 right now; it won't show the text i type at all >___< anyways, i was wondering what happened to it because it was working fine two days ago & when i decided to add text yesterday to my picture, it did not show anything. i tried adjusting the size, color, & font but it does not help at all. please help me anyone, please!

screenshot w/character:

click!

screenshot w/paragraph:

click!

i don't know if those are helpful but yeah . . . thank you in advance! ^^

Wonder if you'd solve this problem.

By looking at the screenshot, I notice something.

Which is at the Character tab, your 'baseline shift' is set as '--21474836..' changed it to 0.

And at Paragraph tab too, change all those number- '--21474836..' to 0.

Hope its work.

Warping Images Question

So on the Soshified site, on the header background, there are panels of text that seem to narrow out so it looks like a box. Also, on the bottom it looks like it's curving down. I know for sure that there is a program or some technique that will take a 2-D image and then make it so that you can get some depth into the picture. Does somebody know how to do this and is willing to tell? :o Or tell what program is needed? I have CS4 and Photoshop Elements 2.0

• 2 weeks later...

Warping Images Question

So on the Soshified site, on the header background, there are panels of text that seem to narrow out so it looks like a box. Also, on the bottom it looks like it's curving down. I know for sure that there is a program or some technique that will take a 2-D image and then make it so that you can get some depth into the picture. Does somebody know how to do this and is willing to tell? :o Or tell what program is needed? I have CS4 and Photoshop Elements 2.0

for the sides, you use perspective.

(ctrl+t, right click, perspective)

Guest Shiget^

2dl3465.gif2dl3465002.gif2dl3465003.gif

can someone help me make all the gifs into one

320x720 in order: jeremy, taekyung and shinwoo but still animated

i cant seem to make it work on photoshoop c3

thanks in advance

Guest bigbangletsgo

Hi, I was wondering how I could make the white outlines around a person on an icon like this one:

Please help me out? I've been wondering for a long time now.

9ji3ki.png

credit: KRYRANGER! @ SSF

Thanks in advance.

Help me out soon?

Guest JAEBOO-

help please?

helllllo . i've been lurking around the soompi artwork thread and i amaze

all their colorings and croppings.

can you teach / tell me how to improve the colorings?

or

give me some techniques?

examples;

2lripz.png

the donghae icons, i really wanted to know how to make the lips more

orangey / red.

-credits; kimigasuki

2u6it6v.jpg

the colorings, been dying to know how to make it more red/light/orangey>_<

-credits; sunset*

thanks in advance

please help me outta here :D

Guest juju<3.

i have a few requests ^^; so i was wondering how to make these ..

in the first one (same goes for second one), how is shin hye and hongki so finely cropped out as one picture? do you get what i mean? the pictures on the side. they're like so neatly cut out. how do you do that? every time i try to do that, all i could do is blend or erase (to make the people fit together) & it'll have some flaws too. i want to know how to get pictures evenly out from a certain bg (from a picture taken; like the pictures in the center), just the person & not with the bg ><?

itssweet.jpg

in this one, how do you stroke the girl so neat?! is it using a pen tool to cut the girl from the bg and then you stroke it? b/c everytime i crop something out & then erase and all that stuff, all i get is nasty stuff. its messy. i want to learn how to do these ^^; thank you~♥

credits: pinkylily.

All these answers are assumed using CS3 to create each art piece.

Hi, I was wondering how I could make the white outlines around a person on an icon like this one:

Please help me out? I've been wondering for a long time now.

http://i45.tinypic.com/9ji3ki.png

credit: KRYRANGER! @ SSF

Thanks in advance.

Help me out soon?

This one, you'll have to crop out Taeyeon using the selector tool (the magic wand icon), paste it on a new icon canvas. And because there's a space between Taeyeon and the white line, you'll have to create a new layer and use your mouse to go around Taeyeon as an outline in white. If you want the outline to be right next to Taeyeon, then click the 'fx' button and click 'Stroke'. Going by the width of that example, it looks to be 2 px.

help please?

helllllo . i've been lurking around the soompi artwork thread and i amaze

all their colorings and croppings.

can you teach / tell me how to improve the colorings?

or

give me some techniques?

examples;

http://i47.tinypic.com/2lripz.png

the donghae icons, i really wanted to know how to make the lips more

orangey / red.

-credits; kimigasuki

http://i46.tinypic.com/2u6it6v.jpg

the colorings, been dying to know how to make it more red/light/orangey>_<

-credits; sunset*

thanks in advance

please help me outta here :D

With this one, you'll need to click on the toolbar at the top of your window - so, Image > Adjustments > Selective Colour.

Then you can select whether you want to change the shading of the 'reds' in the icon or 'yellows' by selecting it from the drop down menu. Increase magenta % if you want more red, increase yellow if you want more orange - reduce magenta if you want less red and so on. Play around with it and you'll get an idea.

Keep in mind that this adjusts the reds of the WHOLE icon, not just the lips. If you want JUST the lips, you have to select that area using the magic wand tool, then do selective colouring.

i have a few requests ^^; so i was wondering how to make these ..

in the first one (same goes for second one), how is shin hye and hongki so finely cropped out as one picture? do you get what i mean? the pictures on the side. they're like so neatly cut out. how do you do that? every time i try to do that, all i could do is blend or erase (to make the people fit together) & it'll have some flaws too. i want to know how to get pictures evenly out from a certain bg (from a picture taken; like the pictures in the center), just the person & not with the bg ><?

itssweet.jpg

in this one, how do you stroke the girl so neat?! is it using a pen tool to cut the girl from the bg and then you stroke it? b/c everytime i crop something out & then erase and all that stuff, all i get is nasty stuff. its messy. i want to learn how to do these ^^; thank you~♥

credits: pinkylily.

With the first one, use the magic wand selector tool to select PSH/LHK, then crop them out of the backgrounds. If you want to be really anal about it, really zoom in on the picture when you're selecting. If you're afraid of making mistakes, use the layer mask, i.e. select PSH then click 'Layer Mask' (the icon of the grey square with the white circle in the middle - should be next to the 'FX' icon). Layer masks make it easier to backtrack if you make a mistake and crops out the whole background for you.

Once you've cropped them out, then you can Stroke it - and of course change the opacity if you want the stroke to be lighter like in the first poster of LHK + PSH.

Usually, using the Pen Tool makes it easy to be very precise with cropping people out of backgrounds - but if you're unco like me, I find using the magic wand tool a lot easier and faster, even if I do have to zoom in to be really precise. Either that, or I can't for the life of me use the Pen Tool =.=

Hope that helps!! =]

Guest bigbangletsgo

All these answers are assumed using CS3 to create each art piece.

This one, you'll have to crop out Taeyeon using the selector tool (the magic wand icon), paste it on a new icon canvas. And because there's a space between Taeyeon and the white line, you'll have to create a new layer and use your mouse to go around Taeyeon as an outline in white. If you want the outline to be right next to Taeyeon, then click the 'fx' button and click 'Stroke'. Going by the width of that example, it looks to be 2 px.

I don't quite understand that part. What tool do I use to go around Taeyeon?

Thanks for all of your help.

for that i just use the Polygonal Lasso Tool and

go around the picture (yes, tedious)

so to hide all the imperfections when it's all cut out

I stroke it with white...layer -> layer style -> stroke

e5lmqt.png

27yo2rq.png

Yes.

For anyone wanting to get rid of backgrounds, there are a few ways of doing it.

The lazy way is to erase it. It's messy, but you can hide that if you're planning on using a lot of effects.

To do it cleanly, or if you're wanting to put a border around it [stroke], I highly recommend using the pen tool. It's very, very easy to use, and the results are definitely worth it.

The lasso tools are better for quick crops, and it gives a collage/paper cutout kind of effect.

Guest Xiaoba1tu

http://i48.tinypic.com/257h8op.jpg

Anyone know how to create this wash out look? Step by step preferably, and if you know how to do it on GIMP that would be the best! If you only know it through Photoshop that's ok too and I'll try to work it out myself because it should be somewhat similar...

Thanks!

Guest xxiiyabbyxx

Does anyone know how to give photos this dreamlike quality? Im talking about the tones and colors of the pictures. They look really nice.

4176427814_6969e619b7_o.jpg

4176426084_91221b15cf_o.jpg

4175281609_c7e1f0c151_o.jpg

originally the pictures would look like this

4120687359_6d62e721b3_o.jpg

im asking how it goes to this

4200209234_cf72604af0_o.jpg

credits: notebookdoodles.blogspot.com

i hope you guys get what i'm saying. i'm not good at explaining myself.

Archived