chaosly.png

credits to Chaos Ly @ affxtion forums

thanks alot ^_^

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, what is that?

If you are not busy, can you please help me?

Thank you.

oh ah x_o sorry this is so late

sign up for this forum: http://www.illustrious-designs.net/forums/...p?showtopic=289

and the tutorial is made by barbie herself xD

to achieve the exact effect in the blinkie you posted

all you have to do is hide a whole letter within each layer

it's actually a bit more simple than the examples she posted in her tutorial

but if you read it and get the gist of blinkie making it should be easy to figure out

:)

if you still have questions i can help!

Guest Mardi09

I registered, tried it out, but it still is not working.

It works on PS, but when I save it as a GIF, it doesn't move!

I feel so stupid. :(

People say blinkies are so easy... people say GIF Icons are easy too, but if I find blinkies complicated, I think I will be lost when I learn GIF Icons.

Can you please help me out?

I have nowhere else to ask...

:(

Sorry to butt in

I'm not a professional myself but..did you by chance go to File>Save for Web & Devices ??

Or did you go to File>Save As> .gif ??

It works if you go to File>Save for Web & Devices...

Guest bigbangletsgo

Sorry to butt in

I'm not a professional myself but..did you by chance go to File>Save for Web & Devices ??

Or did you go to File>Save As> .gif ??

It works if you go to File>Save for Web & Devices...

Yes, before, I saved it File>Save As>GIF.

Now I know the proper way to save it.

Thank you so much. I will try it out now.

Guest Mardi09

Yes, before, I saved it File>Save As>GIF.

Now I know the proper way to save it.

Thank you so much. I will try it out now.

haha. yeah....don't worry i didn't know how to do that when i started doing blinkies...

i love making blinkies though lol

but i'm just not super great at them.

i was trying the tutorial at Illustrious Forums...

the 3rd one...

OMG o_0 takes so long haha..i'm still doing it...

and it gets confusing but the steps are easy...

but i did the 1st two, pretty easy and simple ^^

Guest xOnlySabrina

You have no idea how much this thread has helped me w/ my noob photoshopping.

Thanks sooooooo much! ^_______^. I now know how to make better pictures.

This thread is epic <3.

Does anyone know how to make a picture look a lot lighter? :\

Hi. Does anyone know what to do when Photoshop won't let you use the tools on the left hand side!?

I mean, everytime I open an image or a blank page, it won't let me click on the tools on the side, like the brush, adding text, none of it. Everytime I move the cursor, it just shows a hand icon/cursor. So I can't add text, or use any of the tools

Does anyone know what the problem is!? Thanks

You have no idea how much this thread has helped me w/ my noob photoshopping.

Thanks sooooooo much! ^_______^. I now know how to make better pictures.

This thread is epic <3.

Does anyone know how to make a picture look a lot lighter? :\

ctrl+L

mess around with the controls.

Guest love~eastsea~

I am still learning about PS. I need some help about the quality of the picture. I really like to save my file as PNG files but the size is big eventhough the quality is good. To accommodate with Soompi sig rules and other forum, I need to save it to be under 40kb. I save it as jpeg but it really reduced the quality. Can anyone help me on how to make the quality of the picture stays but with small size? this is the example

PNG file

haelonelinessisspreadingcopy.png

jpeg files

haelonelinessisspreadingj.jpg

Thank you^^

Guest */TogetheR_ForeveR/*

I think somebody may have already asked this, and if they have, can someone please give me the link tot he answer?

but if no one has, here it is:

im REALLY new to the photoshop world, and my buttons are all messed up. (i.e. the brush, eraser, and slicing tool).

I don't know how to fix them because i never messed with the settings. and i tried to fix it, but it changed all my buttons and i can't find the original functions.

for example, my eraser is now a background eraser. i just want the "normal" eraser. and there was this special brush that i would use kind of like an eraser. but it would only remove my mistakes. oy, i know this is kind of confusing. :\

okay, let me try to rephrase that so it sounds easier to find. it was the second brush...? uhm, its now called the "art history brush",but i don't recall its icon on my tools menu looking like that. and when i tried using it, it looked like it swirled the image.

the previous brush just simply "erased" without damaging the image. it would just remove the colors that theother paint brush would make and not mess up the background image.

I don't know if that makes sense, and im sorry that i have no picture to help, but I really hope that my poor descriptions did some justice. thanks to whoever can help me with my dilema! :D

I am still learning about PS. I need some help about the quality of the picture. I really like to save my file as PNG files but the size is big eventhough the quality is good. To accommodate with Soompi sig rules and other forum, I need to save it to be under 40kb. I save it as jpeg but it really reduced the quality. Can anyone help me on how to make the quality of the picture stays but with small size? this is the example

Thank you^^

I'm assuming youre using Photoshop, I'm not sure what version the bottom applies to :/

Go to File > Save for Web & Devices > look on the right side and you have options appear. If you choose JPEG you can edit the option that allows Low / High / Max I believe. Also change the screen to split screen, so you can see the difference every time you choose Low / High etc. Usually High or Max does make a big difference already so I wouldnt touch Low.

I think somebody may have already asked this, and if they have, can someone please give me the link tot he answer?

but if no one has, here it is:

im REALLY new to the photoshop world, and my buttons are all messed up. (i.e. the brush, eraser, and slicing tool).

I don't know how to fix them because i never messed with the settings. and i tried to fix it, but it changed all my buttons and i can't find the original functions.

for example, my eraser is now a background eraser. i just want the "normal" eraser. and there was this special brush that i would use kind of like an eraser. but it would only remove my mistakes. oy, i know this is kind of confusing. :\

okay, let me try to rephrase that so it sounds easier to find. it was the second brush...? uhm, its now called the "art history brush",but i don't recall its icon on my tools menu looking like that. and when i tried using it, it looked like it swirled the image.

the previous brush just simply "erased" without damaging the image. it would just remove the colors that theother paint brush would make and not mess up the background image.

I don't know if that makes sense, and im sorry that i have no picture to help, but I really hope that my poor descriptions did some justice. thanks to whoever can help me with my dilema! :D

What version of photoshop are you using?

I'm basing this on memory because I dont have the program open right now, if you go to "windows", at the top, the drop down should say reset tools? There should be a reset button so perhaps that would remove the mistake you've done to cause the problem.

What version of photoshop are you using?

I'm basing this on memory because I dont have the program open right now, if you go to "windows", at the top, the drop down should say reset tools? There should be a reset button so perhaps that would remove the mistake you've done to cause the problem.

I'm using photoshop cs3.

And i tried, but i didn't find the button. D:

I have CS4, but it should be the same for CS3...

First right click on the eraser and switch it from background eraser...

erase2.png

Then to fix the brushes, with eraser selected, in the top tool bar click on the button next to the brush.

In the drop down click on the little button next to the pixel size and you will get a new drop menu.

Then select reset brushes, and click OK in the pop-up window...

eraseq.png

That should put everything back to normal...

I have CS4, but it should be the same for CS3...

First right click on the eraser and switch it from background eraser...

erase2.png

Then to fix the brushes, with eraser selected, in the top tool bar click on the button next to the brush.

In the drop down click on the little button next to the pixel size and you will get a new drop menu.

Then select reset brushes, and click OK in the pop-up window...

eraseq.png

That should put everything back to normal...

YEEEEEY! Thank you SOOO much. :D

Everything is back to normal.

But another quick question (you don't have to answer though), I just wanna know what the difference is between CS3 and CS4. Like, what features are added or more advanced?

Guest bigbangletsgo

Hello, I am back with a question.

When you save a banner/icon/poster, what format should you save it as, .PNG or .JPEG?

I save my artworks on .JPEG when I don't need a transparent background. When I do need a transparent background, I save my work as a .PNG. But most of my works are saved as .JPEG.

Which one is more high quality?

And which one is better in general?

Can someone please tell me?

Thanks.

Guest alicechen

^ I think PNG in general gives you a clearer image. I always save my work as PNG. JPEG is just a little blurry compared to PNG. If you're going for size limit (like on soompi) try to have smaller graphic and save it as PNG. But if your signature is too big, JPEG is your friend.

^ I think PNG in general gives you a clearer image. I always save my work as PNG. JPEG is just a little blurry compared to PNG. If you're going for size limit (like on soompi) try to have smaller graphic and save it as PNG. But if your signature is too big, JPEG is your friend.

That's a common misconception, I think.

I've saved my work as JPEGs for years, and they're no blurrier than a PNG image.

You just have to make sure that your quality settings are at High - when you save your image as as a JPEG, there should be a window that pops up. There'll be a slider bar. If you set the quality at 10, it's clear and the file size is fairly small.

I swear by JPEG. xD;

Guest alicechen

^ I just switched to PNG last year...and I totally love it. I was a fan of JPEG before and believe me, I'm a loser for HQ. So it's always at its max. :)

Or maybe I'm just blinded by my love for PNG. haha :P

I had to go check out the difference, so I made a comparison pic. xD

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1/kyunrei/comparison.png

It isn't TOO noticeable, especially if you don't abuse gradients like I do [heh :X], but I did some googling and it seems that JPG is better for realistic images. o-o;

I guess it just comes down to a quality vs filesize thing... If there's a filesize restriction, JPG is fine for that; the quality difference [in my opinion] isn't too bad, but for higher quality, looks like PNG is the way to go.

Archived