[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you @shamrockmom for making me a legend !

@seungshinl,  Congrats on becoming a legend,  Which brings me to @docster6,  Comment at the very top of page 177 the lack of english knowledge.. Which brings me to this theory was they ever in the USA.. ? ED seems to have no memory of her living condition in the US she never talks about any of the familiar things about her life there for 10yrs or did I miss it.  

Thank you @shamrockmom for making me a legend!

@seungshinl,  Congrats on becoming a legend,  Which brings me to @docster6,  Comment at the very top of page 177 the lack of english knowledge.. Which brings me to this theory was they ever in the USA.. ? ED seems to have no memory of her living condition in the US she never talks about any of the familiar things about her life there for 10yrs or did I miss it.  

I believe they were in the US because we have the proof in MiSoon the hair dresser and Dong Gyu her brother and Eun Ho's assistant.  DG said MS met ED/JE in the US.  And I believe DG and MS can be trusted.  So yes we have proof that they were.

What we don't know is why and how ED and her family ended up there.

There were some on the thread who speculated may be ED's in laws took them/supported their move there to block/hamper ED's memory recovery.  Which is plausible.

It remains to be seen if it will be revealed and it would if it is relevant I would surmise.

After seing the whole episode subbed, I came to the conclusion that the stepfather motivation isn't money but JH's wishes. Now I think that the major architect of the whole fake situation was JH, and ED's stepparents followed the "flow". Maybe stepfather got some job or money advantages/compensation, but now I think he was moved by a wish to fulfill JH's dream - marry ED and have a child.

I like JH a lot, not as a person, but as a character. He is - till now - very well written, nuanced and the actor's performance is simply awesome!. I think he is basically a good person, but his obsession for ED turns him a cruel one, making things that are unforgetable. I think that, in his delusional mode, he really believes he has rights over ED, and that she owns him her life. But, at the same time, when in his rational mode, he is in panic that she will leave him, and he can do nothing, because their whole life together is a big and only lie.

I think, if it was me, I will never pardon him.

I hope that the writer doesn't turn JH just cruel, I hope that she will preserve some soft spot in him, not to permit him to be pardonned, but to enrich the character and our pleasure as viewer. Maybe the cruel is me, but I want the satisfaction to see him paying for his cruelty, but at the same time have that satisfaction with a grain of pity :) .

The child's  name was called out by Choi on arrival at the picnic site:... "Choi Ra IL"  So that answers one of my questions.  Then I "paused" Viki.com and went online to see what I could learn about the name, "Lyle"  --- several people have said this might be the English version of his name.  Loved what I was finding.

Lyle --- An American  baby  name,  from an English surname meaning islander.

Derived from the Old  French  "De L'isle",  meaning "dweller on the isle",  ( i.e., an islander, or "from the island")

How poetic!  Something a writer might choose for a character?  To remind her of a special island, like Namhae -  a "Treasure Island of Korea? 

Additional information   OK to SKIP

(1)         Nanmae Island  ---   https://namhaeisland.wordpress.com         

(2)        "Cancelled the "shoot" on Jeju Island due to a storm, and moved it to the SOUTH SEA"  --- See the location of the SOUTH SEA.  Just across from Namhae                  Island!  What a coincidence, isn't it?     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Sea_(Korea)

EDIT:...Thank you, @seungshinl, for the background on "playing fair" phrase as used for new and different meaning in Korean.  Makes better sense to me now!

Thank you @shamrockmom for making me a legend !

I believe they were in the US because we have the proof in MiSoon the hair dresser and Dong Gyu her brother and Eun Ho's assistant.  DG said MS met ED/JE in the US.  And I believe DG and MS can be trusted.  So yes we have proof that they were.

What we don't know is why and how ED and her family ended up there.

There were some on the thread who speculated may be ED's in laws took them/supported their move there to block/hamper ED's memory recovery.  Which is plausible.

It remains to be seen if it will be revealed and it would if it is relevant I would surmise.

@seungshinl,  Yes they were there but I don't think they was in the US that long maybe another country before they went to the US.. I find the adopted dad a hypocrite because when adopted mom ask him don't he even feel a little pity for ED only thinks about husband Choi and that she seen on a billboard that he (EH) was worth over a billion adopted dad ask her was she saying that because he had money.. So the way I see it it's fact that he separated them because JH parents had money and PHS was just a single guy struggling to make a living adopted dad thinks he done something great by marrying her into a family with money and can foot his bill.. He was so hung up into the sports he sold his own adopted daughter to carry on his own dream and that was if he couldn't be the baseball star why not live it through Choi and with ED not wanting to be with Choi nor have any interest in the sports.. So my only guess was he also put ED with Choi out of spite because she didn't want him and the accident happen and he could no longer live his dream through Choi.. So make her feel guilty for what he and Choi don't have supposedly because of her and to keep her from being with any other man make her take care of him..  This isn't about Choi ED or RA II this is about ED crashing his dream and how dare she crush his dream after raising her.. I'm  thinking he may have thought.. I brought and orphan in my home feed and cloth her put her through school and this is the thanks I get she can't be with the one person I need her to..           

After seing the whole episode subbed, I came to the conclusion that the stepfather motivation isn't money but JH's wishes. Now I think that the major architect of the whole fake situation was JH, and ED's stepparents followed the "flow". Maybe stepfather got some job or money advantages/compensation, but now I think he was moved by a wish to fulfill JH's dream - marry ED and have a child.

I like JH a lot, not as a person, but as a character. He is - till now - very well written, nuanced and the actor's performance is simply awesome!. I think he is basically a good person, but his obsession for ED turns him a cruel one, making things that are unforgetable. I think that, in his delusional mode, he really believes he has rights over ED, and that she owns him her life. But, at the same time, when in his rational mode, he is in panic that she will leave him, and he can do nothing, because their whole life together is a big and only lie.

I think, if it was me, I will never pardon him.

I hope that the writer doesn't turn JH just cruel, I hope that she will preserve some soft spot in him, not to permit him to be pardonned, but to enrich the character and our pleasure as viewer. Maybe the cruel is me, but I want the satisfaction to see him paying for his cruelty, but at the same time have that satisfaction with a grain of pity :) .

I agree with you about ED's father's motive. This is what I've always believed.  It says a bit of this in his character description.  BUT I don't believe he got anything financial gains in return and that was not part of his motive.

The father's action 'make sense' if we accept that JH is the son he never had.  ED was never a child to him (the mother keeps repeating this line).   

After the accident the father was faced with a 'son' whose baseball career ended, who could never be a man properly, never have a wife or son.  He would basically have no life as the father wished them to have. And he gave his daughter away to him who could give him all this and built the 'fence' around them to be a family.  That is it and that's all. He exchanged ED's life for JH's. 

Now your analysis about JH's motive is fascinating.  I agree with you too I love how his character is written and we may see him going from 'good' to 'ugly.'  The obsessive ugly expression of love as opposed to pure and innocent love of Eun Ho/Hyun Soo.  Too bad SR is not as well written as JH.

The child's  name was called out by Choi on arrival at the picnic site:... "Choi Ra IL"  So that answers one of my questions.  Then I "paused" Viki.com and went online to see what I could learn about the name, "Lyle"  --- several people have said this might be the English version of his name.  Loved what I was finding.

Lyle --- An American  baby  name,  from an English surname meaning islander.

Derived from the Old  French  "De L'isle",  meaning "dweller on the isle",  ( i.e., an islander, or "from the island")

How poetic!  Something a writer might choose for a character?  To remind her of a special island, like Namhae -  a "Treasure Island of Korea? 

Additional information   OK to SKIP

Hidden Content

EDIT:...Thank you, @seungshinl, for the background on "playing fair" phrase as used for new and different meaning in Korean.  Makes better sense to me now!

OMG, what a great find @mdj101 'Lyle made on the island'

BTW @mdj101,

Nam(South) Hae (Sea) means literally South Sea.  It's confusing because it means both the ocean between Je Ju Island and the main Korean Peninsula as well as an area in the coastal land area of the peninsula which HS and ED went to in their 20's.  'NamHae' as the place they went to is basically a large region with many vacations/resort spots inside it.  Treasure Island being one of them I believe.  It's like we call Hawaii Hawaii but there are many large islands within Hawaii (Hwaii being not even the biggest of the Hawaiian islands).

Dear @seungshinl - Okay, okay, I know my friend @shamrockmom pushed you over to be a legend. But what about the 1745 or so points I left for you. I was and am your fan, remember? There are a lot of golf scenes in Korean Dramas, and in EVERYONE, the suckup people would say in English, "nice shot!" without fail. Since I know you love golf for a long time, I always said "nice shot" (with Korean Accent) when I read your great posts. Like Eun Dong said, "let's end it here," I mean your run to the office of Legend, the next level is Immortal. Hwaiting (Konglish word).

Guest vvpal

@seungshinl and @ninaani

I think ED's adoptive parents are not wealthy at all. Dad was a second class coach in Korea and even when he made it to the major leagues he didn't last long with JH. Their house in the show is not fancy. And he didn't give financial support to ED and JH per JH's mom. If he's so indebted to JH that he stands so steadfastly by him, then one could expect some contribution even if ED is not in the equation.

Dad is just one of these annoying characters that make us want to throw eggs at the TV when they appear. But without them, it will be a drama without drama. Urg.

When JH was waiting at the park and said "Jung Eun came back" with that crappy grin on his face I wanted to slap the grin off his face.  He's such a well written character that I can't feel sorry for him.  If he loses his family, never walks again, and is alone the rest of his life I wouldn't feel sorry for him.  He did a terrible wrong and now even though he is getting caught not only does he refuse to do the right thing and come clean but he is joining has with SR to inflict as much hurt as possible on HS and, in process, ED and Rall who he claims to love.

Nope...no sympathy from me.

I can't wait to find out what she remembers tomorrow.  I'm also curious about the unseen events surrounding the accident and the immediate aftermath.

It's a little strange to me that his sister is taking a somewhat strong stance without having all of the information.  I can't believe that anyone hasn't done the simple math and at least suspect that Rall might be HS's.

CONGRATULATIONS,  @seungshinl  you have already been a  LEGEND  to all of us who know you in Soompi Forums!   :wub:     But it's great to see you  be "Promoted"  --- Like seeing a leaderr be awarded all the STARS to which they are entitled.  Makes us feel good to see! 

Thank you all for providing some insight while waiting for the next episode.  I know that I'm not the only one visiting the forum to get my dose of MLED.  thank you :D

Hey here's an 'idol' on our forum.  Welcome.  Thank you for joining us ! 

I may have missed where someone else mentioned it, but I just realized that Evil Second Lead's boytoy/photographer is played by Kim Hyun Joon, aka Park Jae Bom from Plus Nine Boy.  He finally gets some lines, and tells her to "throw him away. He doesn't love you." so I suspect that he might play a role in thwarting his lover's plans somehow because he is jealous.

Ahhhhhhhh, HYUNSOO OPPA :tears: my heart broke for him & ED both. I'm usually into bittersweet, artistic endings -- but I don't think that'll satisfy me here. EH, ED & RI deserve to be the happy family they were fated to be. Unfortunately, they'll never get back the time stolen from them, and I could personally never forgive those responsible for it. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced I'd have taken legal action as soon as possible. I know we're supposed to see all the varying shades of JaeHo (an incredibly well written character) and sympathize with him, but I just despise him. Actually in awe of the finely constructed deplorable villain he turned out to be. Bravo to the MLED team! The pacing is wonderful & I'm hopeful they'll be able to fit in everything they have to to get these people firmly together & others apart with no moral ambiguity (although I do wish we'll get the sweeter moments soon, finally). 

And congrats @seungshinl!!!!

I may have missed where someone else mentioned it, but I just realized that Evil Second Lead's boytoy/photographer is played by Kim Hyun Joon, aka Park Jae Bom from Plus Nine Boy.  He finally gets some lines, and tells her to "throw him away. He doesn't love you." so I suspect that he might play a role in thwarting his lover's plans somehow because he is jealous.

Speaking of whom, the lines he spoke with SR in EP 9 tells me he may be taking those photographs on his own volition and not at the behest of SR as we'd all assumed.  We thought she sent him out to do spy on ED & JE but in today's episode she slapped him and reprimanded him for taking the photos and sending them to her (I may be wrong on this but).  

She also asked if he likes her and thinks of her as a woman (as a motive of taking those photos?).  He was sending them to her to make her see that he loves another woman and not her.  If he's doing things on his own without her direction then he could potentially go off and do other things? Who knows.

I just found that part of the dialogue today new and intriguing nevertheless. 

@docster. I see you are still actively promoting forum co-members!  You are an entire "Welcoming Committee" with every REPLY you post ---  So glad you are with us all for MLED.

COMMENT/ANNOUNCEMENT:     I've decided to switch to MLED, as my  "shorthand' for the drama. ---  MLE always felt like "something was missing"!  I just like the "rhythm" of it, I guess ---  sort of like a run up a hill, then down --- med-up-med down.  Can I blame this insanity on the intensity of Episode #9 ?     :w00t:    Result of "sensory overload"?

Just to make things clear: I think that there is no perdon to JH. He has to pay for everything, and I agree that he would even get legal punishment. Imo, what he did is a crime with legal consequences (but I don't think they will go there because of RI). However I like very much to see such a well written character and such a good performance.

As a whole, the show is wonderfuly acted, but JJM, KSR and JH's performances are really brilliant :)  .

Btw, I only saw JJM in FF where he was very good in it. But, if EK was a desaster to him, now he is really blessed with such a good role, where he can desplay a huge range of emotions and actions - from comedy to tragedy, from super celebrity to everyday man! And perform it with such an easy and naturally! Awesome :) .

Archived