[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

ok i am really not posting any more comments after this until i finish the series..

Dream or not ( i think not)... Taike kissed DS..

And he is freaking adorable..

And what i know is everyone is sulking over the ending..

So, despite what i felt, what clues mean...hell with everything..it is impossible to not fall in love with Taike ( i mean i still love the rich guy but even then)... and therefore heart break will be worst if Taike doesnt get the grl ( although all clues should really mean Taike is the husband)... so i think i am dreading it now.. rich guy will get the grl (aiyugo..i mean i wanted this forever) and my poor taike won't ( sleeping pills please)

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am so happy that the reply 1988 series ended w/ the writer double in-laws intent from the start (for me); for example, in reply 1997, the parents should have had double in-laws w/ both brothers but sadly (well you guys know what happened). I am so glad to have seen that here and I have to say this still remains one of the best dramas I have ever watched. 

The creations of this characters; its like they breathe real life personas. I, continue, watching the drama and am eagerly waiting for the dvd. Which scene was your favorite scene? My fave scene has to be when taek proposed and duk seon like, that's it bro, and he's like I love you and she totally melts. 

HANDS DOWN! BEST DRAMA!

So, done with ep 18

And ofcourse I am crying like a crazy...

1.I was right all along.. to be fair to the makers.. their clues in the first 14 episodes were spot on - All of them literally yelled Taike

2.Well he has always..think since childhood been in love with her

3. Althoguh I am crying, but was anticipating this.. he did have way too many chances... rich guy .. there were hestitations that lead to what it lead to.. taike came into the picture much later.. and Taike did give him a chance without making him feel the sacrfice( didn't tell him that he knew rich guy liked him too)

4. Another observation where I was right -  Taike was the only one where DS explored her feelings without external influence..in all other cases..her reason to like the guys was because she thought they already liked her..

5. I am still crying

6. The fiance ring proposal was spot on

7.. I can't believe I am idiot... not once did I question why is the video interview happening in the first place.. duuuuh.. should have given away the fact then and there..

8. I doubt they will give closure to all characters... damn it.. AWESOME SERIES

9. I am not dead because Taike is alive (thnk god)

10. 1 thing i was wrong about: Didn't think Taike will have the emotional strength to lose DS... but he is the strongest of them all.. was upfront about whatever he wanted, while first half of the series shows us how everyone pampers him and takes care of him, second half shows he is the one protecting them in many ways..

11. Damn the actor - taike- how can you not fall in love with him..so so inncoent.. and no I have not watche that other psychopath serial he was in... had he cried..i would have been depressed..

12. Lastly, my biggest clue - which was most satisfactory- and which I could never negate during my guessing process was whom she gave the choclate.. 

the fact that in present she is sure that she gave it to the hubby.. and hubby wasn't sun woo.. it just had to be Taike..

For rich guy and her didn't have that kind of a relationship.... and ofcourse its rich guy's house..why would he drop his bag outside (thinking from DS's view)

( oh and there is this other thing :P ... K drama heroines never kiss who is not a hero.. dream sequence or not)

Hi guys. First of all I'd like to say sorry to the people I've offended in my last comment on this thread. I was too overwhelmed by anger, it was just a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing, it was very rude of me, and i apologize for that.

So from now on, I will just focus on posting all the drama-related things that I like, on this thread, which consist mostly of Taek-DS and Hyeri-Bogum. You have been warned.

Ok let's start :)

Some recent BTS pics of our couple that were shown in the exhibition of Ssangmundong:

CZ4Wk-MW0AEOO27?format=pjpg&name=largeweb_2049622943_faa21c78_IMG_0413.jpgweb_2049622943_ccac93c7_IMG_0409.jpgtumblr_o1o3fm_H7_QG1to1fhoo1_540.jpg

Lee Ilhwa’s Sports Kyunghyang Interview:

http://goonggeumhani.tumblr.com/post/138054954107/250116-am1988-lee-ilhwas-sports-kyunghyang
(So DS's mom wants Taek to be her son-in-law huh? interessing ;))

Hyeri's dad reaction to her kiss scene with PBG:

http://www.soompi.com/2016/01/29/hyeri-reveals-how-her-father-reacted-after-seeing-her-kiss-scene-with-park-bo-gum/
(I love his reaction so much :) He must have feel like his precious daughter is being taken away from him ;) these two's kiss scene is no joke)

4 minutes ago, nicola_nikka said:

did anyone else feel appalled by duk seon horrible hair extensions. in some scenes i can see them and i was like XQ??????

I try not to notice, Anyway she's still look beautiful and it is better when she had that pony tail. Looks more natural

9 minutes ago, sara2908 said:

I try not to notice, Anyway she's still look beautiful and it is better when she had that pony tail. Looks more natural

but when she had the ponytail is when i notice it the most. I could see the pins and i was like why???? was this a 90s style?

also was so obsessed w/ her lipstick i went looking around and asking people and it look like it was the 90s lipstick. I bought one from mac called dark side but i am still looking for that color perfection 

17 minutes ago, nicola_nikka said:

but when she had the ponytail is when i notice it the most. I could see the pins and i was like why???? was this a 90s style?

also was so obsessed w/ her lipstick i went looking around and asking people and it look like it was the 90s lipstick. I bought one from mac called dark side but i am still looking for that color perfection 

Yeah about her unfortunate extensions, I dunno maybe the hair/makeup team had trouble managing it into a ponytail because of her hair length? I love her matte lipstick too I have been into burnt plum shades for sometime now and I have 2 variations in my rotation , the best I can say the shade is similar to Tom Ford's Black Dahlia like a cross between brick red and dark plum. ^_^

39 minutes ago, nicola_nikka said:

did anyone else feel appalled by duk seon horrible hair extensions. in some scenes i can see them and i was like XQ??????

YES SO MUCH.  WHY WHY WHY.  Her head was full of bobby pins.  I think they weren't even connected correctly.  In all of Korea, they can't find something who can do extensions correctly.  Though I think Maggie's wig was also just as bad too. 

@PiggyKid  Don't worry about it!  Thanks for the BTS pictures. :D 

Even though I am a JH and DS shipper, and I am still a bit iffy about the ending, I do understand where the writer is coming from. Hyeri and Park Bo Geum had much better chemistry, TBH. Just look at the bts! It's insane. Also, there's always been mention of DS and her family looking to Taekie as a son in law and how nice it would be, etc. etc. 

Overall, I think that I have come to terms with the decision made by the writer. Just because we all have our own opinions doesn't mean we shouldn't be accepting of others views, too. 

@Dramaniac Yeah, we need more acceptance around here haha.  Hyeri and Bogum's BTS are kind of amazing. It helps they were both the youngest two and filmed so much together.  They are close and comfortable together.  I hope they are friends for a long time. 

Don't think this was mentioned.  I enjoy reading the thoughts of the cast.

In an interview Hyeri also mentioned her favorite male character was her little brother.  I loved their relationship.  It was so true to life.  :D  

CUVsnVuVEAAAm1x.jpg

You seem to have chemistry with Ryoo Hye-yeong

I thought it was important that found chemistry with her more than others. Being sisters alone makes us family but we are also the closest friends. We might seem like enemies but we are the strongest allies. So we cried the most together at the end of the drama".

-- Lee Hyeri

Source //Fanart Credit: twitter/@yummyura

6 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

So, despite what i felt, what clues mean...hell with everything..it is impossible to not fall in love with Taike ( i mean i still love the rich guy but even then)... and therefore heart break will be worst if Taike doesnt get the grl ( although all clues should really mean Taike is the husband)... so i think i am dreading it now.. rich guy will get the grl (aiyugo..i mean i wanted this forever) and my poor taike won't ( sleeping pills please)

Bwahahahha...this was so me when I was reading the live recaps when the show was on. That feeling of doom and hope mix together. That is why the ending was such a relief. This is the reason why I think 88 is the best. Until the end I still cared.

Bogum's acting is great.  I was super impressed with how well he changed throughout the drama. Taek looked like such a little kid in the beginning, but was an adult man by the end. It reflected his character growth.  He actually looked like he aged.

tumblr_o1r4s2jrXG1qbvzdjo1_400.gif

3745434130_442fc9aa_Download_2016_01_18_

Archived