[Drama 2015] Hwajung 화정

ChelseaS

@valsava said

@SMP567,  Even if she do it will be to late but GW will forgive her because he always loved his little sister she will realize after the coupe that GW had nothing to do with it she will be the one to destroy GW but in the process destroy the country//

Oh No!  I hope not.  Please don't her be the one to destroy the king and Joseon...

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hwajung_photo150518131251imbcdrama0.jpg

The king is thirsty!

hwajung_photo150519111510imbcdrama0.jpg

Break time...

hwajung_photo150519111456imbcdrama1.jpg

Now that is not so smart a way of leaning on a cannon !!

(c) MBC

@harriwings,  From my understanding HW friend father had one of the men to do something to the furnace to kill like three birds with one stone stop GW get rid of HW and to keep his power over the throne.. Let's see who will come out the winner between the two..

@Rita1986,  Thanks for the preview video 

Guest purpledrama

@valsava  Exactly!  Do you think she will ever find out Gwanghae did not know anything about the cruelty done to her and her little brother?  In fact, he almost passed out from the pain of thinking she died.

hwajung-e06-150428-hdtv-xvid-limo-avi_20

MBC

Its true he never wanted to hurt her or her brother.. in episode 5 he told lee cheom he was not going to hurt the princess brother and that he was going to keep his promise to her to care of them. .. 

And when the princess was escaping and he was in the palace with Gae shi he didn't know she was going to die and he did really cry for her.. let see how he will react when he finds out she is the princess :) 

let see how he will react when he finds out she is the princess :) 

​@purpledrama 

People change over time...  
The king has changed to the dark side...  
Our princess has changed to be tough, no longer an innocent sweet little sister of her big brother, and she is full of rage from misunderstanding...
Yes, we all know Gwanghae had no intention of hurting his younger siblings.  We also know both the king and the princess had affectionate for each other since she was a little girl. They had special bond of brother-sister. Let's hope that it can help them overcome all the bad memories and restore the precious thing in life, family.

@purpledrama

I think within the next 4 episodes it would be found out who she is she will never trust GW I just hope she would be on GW side to protect the country.. She will enlist a family member to help her and it will be one to take the throne from GW but our little princess got a whole lot of growing to do if she wants to go back into the palace she don'y have a clue about the political game..  The reason why this last incident happen GW showed his hold card to soon he should have had that weapons place some place else and had that place only to make swords and arrows.. I just hate she hating GW for something he had nothing to do with..

@SMP567, I been watching Saeguks for a while and I've only came across a few Kings that wanted they country free from Ming.. Every time a new King takes the throne Ming comes to show they weight  think GW has a serious plan for Ming and those ministers wanting to send the slaves and the commies will do the fighting while they kids or scoot free if they would have start to enlist some of the nobles kids then they would have been thinking otherwise     

@SMP567, I been watching Saeguks for a while and I've only came across a few Kings that wanted they country free from Ming.. Every time a new King takes the throne Ming comes to show they weight  think GW has a serious plan for Ming and those ministers wanting to send the slaves and the commies will do the fighting while they kids or scoot free if they would have start to enlist some of the nobles kids then they would have been thinking otherwise     

​Hi @valsava  

There are 27 kings in Joseon Era.  Wonder how many of those were pro Chinese?
From what I know for sure the two kings who were against being under Ming's control are the 4th king, Sejong, and this 15th king, Gwanghae. Some of the kings were afraid fighting with Ming due to either they were weak or they depended on Ming without strengthening domestic economy and weapons like the above kings mentioned.  We have seen Gwanghae busily build his Weapon Bureau, even bring in Joo Won to head the department to develop new weapons and gunpowder. 

Below is an excerpt from tibit22's comment at Dramafever I found a good summary:

Gwanghee was a revolutionary of his time. Basically China controlled Korea by taking minerals, raw materials, people to help expand it's Empire. Gwanghee wanted a change to the way things were done. He wanted independence for Korea from China. Yet those in court that have benefited from their relationship with Ming (China) are the old guard. They are scared to lose power to the King. Also scared to go against Ming. This is probably why we have North Korea and South Korea. "

In the drama, there are two foreign countries, Ming and Manchuria, that we have seen King Gwanghae try to fight with so far.

Archived