[Drama 2015] Hwajung 화정

ChelseaS

Guest purpledrama

Wow, those comments about Lee Yeon Hee are mean! I saw this raw last night, and she acted as well as everyone else. What exactly do those netizens want? It's a soap opera,  the acting is not going to be London West End level. 

Plus, she's supposed to look like a boy and she's the one actress who carries that off. 

Yes im with you and is funny that this the only website talking about her acting and the website is not that popular like soompi and other ones... 

Anyway i Loving the drama everyone is doing a good job.... saying this i will keep supporting her and the drama concentrating supporting them :)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@valsava   Hi, how are you?   What do you think about Ep. 7 & 8?

Don't really like to see Gwanghae turning to the dark side...

But I enjoy the princess and Joo Won's reunion.

Can't wait to see more...

​@smp567,  I'm good and yourself I haven't got around to watching 7 and 8 yet just got caught up to 5 but planned to finish it tomorrow.. I knda feel sorry for GW is dam if he do dam if he don't.. Is has nobody he can depend on his adviser do things on they on then inform him after the facts..    

You're too fast, I can't keep up. ;)

So we finally have adult version of characters. That's good but... can I just say I'm going to miss young boys playing In Woo and Joo Won? They were fantastic. :)

The drama is keeping high level. I'm glad. I was a little affraid that 50-episodes-drama would be a bit strange in some parts. Till now everything is ok. The king is interesting. In ep. 7 he said he's going to kill human being inside himself. Now I really don't know how he's going to behave towards the others. I like him and at the same time I'm scared of him. 

@smp567,  I'm good and yourself I haven't got around to watching 7 and 8 yet just got caught up to 5 but planned to finish it tomorrow.. I knda feel sorry for GW is dam if he do dam if he don't.. Is has nobody he can depend on his adviser do things on they on then inform him after the facts..    

​I so agreed. I don't understand how Gai-si and Yi-cheom could go around and kill off the king's family without his permission. It is murder and you can't even do that among commoners without being punished.

@smp567,  I'm good and yourself I haven't got around to watching 7 and 8 yet just got caught up to 5 but planned to finish it tomorrow.. I knda feel sorry for GW is dam if he do dam if he don't.. Is has nobody he can depend on his adviser do things on they on then inform him after the facts..    

​I so agreed. I don't understand how Gai-si and Yi-cheom could go around and killed off the king's family without his permission. It is murder and you can't even do that among commoners without being punished.

​ 

@smp567. I don;t get why GW didn't do anything to them granted they got rid of a lot of his headaches but I think GW was really afraid of the two of them will really kill him if needed YC killed for greed..  I do think if that coupe didn't happen he would have found away to get rid of them both after he had completed his mission  

Thank you so much, @MadraRua. That was very insightful info. I'm often confused Joseon Dynasty with the era before.
Even within Joseon period, I remember watching Sejong The Great and have the impression that his father, King Taejong ( the 3rd king of Joseon) was a tyrant and ruled with absolute control.  Sejong is the 4th King of Jeseon and the first one to seriously support and rule the country with Neo-Confucian Principles. Gwanghae is the 15th king. Let's hope he won't be a puppet and manipulated by those around him.

​Unfortunately it's already begun. Look at who he's been forced to join hands with (lady Kim etc) in order to keep the throne. We won't see the last of their manipulations.

I didn't see Sejong the Great, was it any good? I did see Maids however which featured Taejong. He helped his father establish the Joseon dynasty so he was a bit ruthless but he did put in place the cornerstones for the foundation of Neo-Confucianism.

​Sejong the Great is quite a long series and mostly historical-based, almost documentary (in my own opinion).  I haven't finished it either!
The films show the very early Joseon period. King Taejong did great helping his father putting the country together but after ascending the throne, he was a cruel and oppressive ruler, killing off many many lives including those innocent and intellectual.
Well, although tyranny will never last, we see from history that every country goes thru wars and a lot of massacre while forming, unifying, or revolutionizing a nation. The rulers during that period have no choice but have to be tough.

Back to Gwanghae's case. He is known in history as a wise and able king. If this drama sticks to historic fact, we should be able to see what he does and why he loses his reign.

But then again, this is supposed to be the story of his half-sister, princess Jeongmyeong. So we'll see. 
:)

​@SMP567, king Taejong might have been seen as a tyrant but he did lay the foundation for the successful rule of king Sejong as he made the royal family hold absolute power by wiping out all the  people who would have manipulated and oppressed king Sejong, therefore allowing Sejong to implement his ideas instead of fighting with the ministers from the court for approval of those ideas as Sejong had some pretty radical ideas and he wouldn't have the time to put those ideas in place if he was fighting with the minsters to gain their approval  and wouldn't have been the great king he was if it wasn't for what king Taejong did.

In king Gwanghae time, it was in some of the minister's best interest to have a useless king as most of them have some partnership and connection with Ming so king Gwanghae wanting a stronger country went against that interest and those minister just oppressed Gwanghae using all sort of excuses to hide wanted their truly wanted and when Gwanghae was replaced with king Injo, that was exactly the king of leader those minister's wanted and history showed how Joseon suffered having Injo as the king.

The 'drowning one sorrow's' seems to be a common korean tv troupe. Although I'm not sure how accurate that portrayal is to real life in Korea. I must say, I was rather surprised to see that young actor playing drunk mainly because he looks so young... barely adolescent. I doubt there was a legal age limit back then anywhere in the world. And I'm sure, as has been said, that once they have the money the tavern owner remains oblivious.

Episode 7 - Prince Gwanghae has embraced the dark side..... But as they say, absolute power corrupts. He's looking at the bigger picture or the 'greater good' but as Haneum pointed out the cost is simply too much. And I can't believe he's leaving that scheming pair alive. I wouldn't trust them, not after I found out about the poison plot, throne or no throne. 

​But GS seems loyal

ikmGK6Q.png

I particularly marvel at GH when he acted in shock and disbelief that his father was murdered.  His body was trembling, looking totally absorbed.  His eyes were filled with dismay.

zSJxwVs.png

​Though GH has surrendered the dark side, I feel that he starts to live.  His emotional suffering ended / lessened after he decided to do anything to stay n the throne.  

Qi9MiHn.png?1

Thereafter, GH laughed. joked, and was sarcastic.  This new change in him is interesting to watch

JL9K4Y3.png

r5w63hz.png

5aSpIrR.png

Archived