JJ Lin slipped after receiving “Best Singer” award

sugarplum892

JJ Lin slipped after receiving “Best Singer” awardHowever, the fall did not put a damper on the Singaporean singer’s high spirits
Penny Tai, JJ Lin

After giving his acceptance speech for the “Best Male Singer” award at 25th Golden Melody Awards on Saturday, local singer JJ Lin was apparently drunk with happiness and took a slip while walking down the stage.

However, the fall did little to spoil JJ’s victorious mood. While speaking to reporters, the singer said: “I really want to thank the media and my colleagues who have supported and believed in me all these years. I have worked very hard and I feel very excited to receive this award tonight.”

On the other hand, Malaysian singer Penny Tai, who was crowned the “Best Female Singer”, made a love declaration on stage. While giving her speech, the songbird thanked her “future husband” Lu Xinjiang, whom she has been dating for five years, and burst out in laughter.

“It’s been a long journey. Actually, I think that I got a little lucky to win this award with Unexpected,” she exclaimed. “Because I didn’t learn music in an orthodox way, I wouldn’t have made it this far without these people helping me.”

In an interview after the awards ceremony, Penny divulged her plans to get married this year. “We are still in the beginning stages [of planning]. We have been delaying it for so many years. That is why I’m taking a break [from work] to do this,” she said.

Penny Tai, JJ Lin

Source

Archived