Ellen Page on coming out: 'I didn't anticipate how happy I'd be'

sugarplum892

Ellen Page on coming out: 'I didn't anticipate how happy I'd be'    
Ellen Page has spoken about the positive effect coming out has had on her life.
The Juno actress, who came out at a 'Time to Thrive' event in Las Vegas earlier this year, said that every aspect of her life feels better now that she has come out.

Ellen Page at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival

"I knew I would be happier. But I wouldn't have anticipated just how f**king happy I am and how every tiny little aspect of my life feels better," she told The Hollywood Reporter.
"I can remember sitting behind monitors with Hugh Jackman and he was like, 'You seem so different already!' And I was like, 'I feel different already.'"
The 27-year-old also said that being honest about her sexuality had helped with her battle against depression.
"I was sad, honestly," she continued. "And obviously that's a very personal thing to say, but I say it to encourage whatever other people are feeling. Very sad, isolated, a lot of anxiety. No more."

Ellen Page as Kitty Pride and Shawn Ashmore as Bobby Drake in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'

Page added that she was excited about meeting the right person and getting married, and would one day like to raise a child.
Ellen Page will next star in X-Men: Days of Future Past, which will be released on May 22 in the UK and the following day in the US.
Source

Archived