Jennifer Lawrence denies faking Oscar fall: "I'm craftier than that"

Jennifer Lawrence denies faking Oscar fall: "I'm craftier than that"
Jennifer Lawrence has denied that she faked her fall at the 2014 Oscars in a bid to appear 'authentic'.
The Hunger Games actress tripped over a traffic cone shortly after arriving on the red carpet, just a year after she tripped on her way to collect her Academy Award in 2013.

Jennifer Lawrence in the June issue of Marie Claire

Some have claimed that Lawrence's clumsy behavior is part of an act to endear people to her, but she refuted the claims in a recent interview with Marie Claire.
On her recent fall, she said: "I'm trying to do the right thing, waving to fans, trying to be nice, and there's a traffic cone. The second I hit it, I was laughing, but on the inside I was like, 'You're f**ked. They're totally going to think this is an act…'
"But trust me if I was going to plan it, I would have done it at the Golden Globes or the SAGs. I would have never done it at two Oscars in a row. 
"I watch Homeland - I'm craftier than that!" she joked.

Jennifer Lawrence in the June issue of Marie Claire

The actress - who won the Best Actress Oscar for Silver Linings Playbook last year - also said that she doesn't mean to come out with controversial things.
"I'm not like, 'I'm a rebel; I'm out of control'. I just don't think about things before I say or do them," she said.
She also laughed off rumors that she is jealous of Kristen Stewart, after the former Twilight star worked alongside Nicholas Hoult in upcoming sci-fi romance Equals.
"There was something in a magazine, and I was like, 'Oh, my God, that's hilarious', because Kristen and I are friends. I actually texted her a picture of it and was like, 'Just so you know, this is absolutely true'."

Source

Archived