[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

@fourleafclover I don't see him ruining his life. In fact he is really cherishing n living in the moment, to the fullest he can (as much as he can without MY). Although it's an assumption, what if he got tested positive? Will he be able to live the way he is now? I don't know.. maybe subconsciously he is still hoping that it won't happen to him, n not testing himself keeps the possibility alive - as we all know, he's not as strong as he seems..

Ok enough with all the serious discussion. Just a joke about why MY fell in love with Geon: because the body remembers what the brain doesn't. :P wahaha

I appreciate all the insights on HD. Thank you all for rehashing the topic because it's the most important issue keeping our snail couple apart. And has me scratching my head still, especially when we compare it to Gun's encounters with Dr. Octopus after reading so much into the reality of the disease. No matter what, it would still have to come down to a certain condition that he has, right? Because if (...just IF) it wasn't HD to begin with, I would feel more bad for Gun. All that he did would've been for no good reason, other than his overwhelming guilt and depressive state at the time. I'd like to still stand by our chaebol here as being no idiot, so I'm hoping they don't totally write out the disease angle. I would rather it be a misdiagnosis or some other condition that's less death-sentencing. I'd even accept that it is indeed HD, but Miyoung wins him over and they live out their everyday to the fullest (but it just wouldn't be a true rom-com anymore.. a mellow rom-com?).

@mywebfoot‌ @drmjs‌ Highlyflexibleplot Device?! :)) Although it's sounding like just the opposite the more we dissect the possibilities, I still have faith in the writer. I want to believe that since they decided to put in the possibility of such a fatal disease that they also have a serious way of dealing with it, and not just simply throwing it out the door. I think they have at least that much respect for their work and their audience. ^^

spideysteve said: yskj said:

Now coming to all the speculations on how the story will go forward, I'd also like a more active role for MiYoung, as in she should be the one to smell something fishy and decide that she has to find out. As opposed to someone else spilling the secret or she overhearing it, which frankly would be a boring turn of events. So here's my own little wild idea to add to the pot of speculations hehe...
MiYoung turns down Daniel saying she cannot continue taking advantage of his sincerity as she cannot love him back the way he deserves to be.
She decides to proceed with her plans to return to Paris, but upon discovering her precious painting has been returned, she feels that she must personally deliver the replacement painting to Ms Lee Young Ja before leaving. But the Lee Young Ja she finds at the delivery address isn't the one with whom she had exchanged texts. In fact, the old lady has no idea who Ellie Kim is. One thing leads to another and she finds out the connection to Sec Tak and therefore Lee Geon. Which leads her to change her mind and take up the offer from Jangin Chemicals just so she can get to the bottom of "what is really going on". Hahaha sounds kinda crazy huh? :D
But at least it'll be a refreshing change of direction for MiYoung as a character, and it'll create ample opportunity for our leads to interact with each other, be thrown into comical situations etc. Plus it could give Jang Nara a chance to flex her comedic talents, which I'd love to see. Especially against Geon's brand of wacky physical comedy :D

Guest lovelyjen_1

I've been having a problem with the English language. I wish it had more descriptive words. The painting called "Le soupir", the literal translation to it is "The sigh". When the actual word means more than that, it's like a sigh, but a sigh of longing, of sadness, melancholy. "The sigh" doesn't sound like a powerful enough word in my opinion. That's the only way it can be translated though. :(
With that in mind, I think that MY must have been wishing that she could return to that time when she was happy.

I don't know if this is against the rules but I've seen people ask for the link to the Fated to love you DC, so here it is.

Guest chunnogirl33

heppy said: @fourleafclover I don't see him ruining his life. In fact he is really cherishing n living in the moment, to the fullest he can (as much as he can without MY). Although it's an assumption, what if he got tested positive? Will he be able to live the way he is now? I don't know.. maybe subconsciously he is still hoping that it won't happen to him, n not testing himself keeps the possibility alive - as we all know, he's not as strong as he seems.. Ok enough with all the serious discussion. Just a joke about why MY fell in love with Geon: because the body remembers what the brain doesn't. :P wahaha

Guest mywebfoot

songielove said:  @mywebfoot‌ @drmjs‌ Highlyflexibleplot Device?! :)) Although it's sounding like just the opposite the more we dissect the possibilities, I still have faith in the writer. I want to believe that since they decided to put in the possibility of such a fatal disease that they also have a serious way of dealing with it, and not just simply throwing it out the door. I think they have at least that much respect for their work and their audience. ^^

I'm gonna give the writers the benefit of the doubt and believe that there's a reason why they chose HD for Gun's possible disease. If Gun does end up not having it and sacrificing for nothing, I choose to believe that it's part of a bigger picture.

honeywell

said: I'm gonna give the writers the benefit of the doubt and believe that there's a reason why they chose HD for Gun's possible disease. If Gun does end up not having it and sacrificing for nothing, I choose to believe that it's part of a bigger picture.

mywebfoot said:

beamonkr

said: After my Saturday long love fest with FTLY, I came away with a major question.  One that we've discussed before, but I just can't seem to answer.  Does Gun or doesn't he have HD.  Dr. Octopus tells him that his brain is clear and so are the blood levels in around episode 6.  He also tells him that his father didn't have the disease so he probably doesn't either.  Dr. Octopus then tells him in episode 12 that his father started passing out and experiencing memory loss at the early stages of his getting the disease.

My God, how many father's does Gun have?  Does he have one who has the illness and then one who doesn't?  I'm so confused.  

8-}

Can anybody PM me the live streaming link please, the imbc create account not working for me specially the ID thinge won't go throw, is there any other link without signing in? I just love this drama can't wait to watch it live on Wednesday, Thanks in advance.................

Guest spideysteve

yskj said: spideysteve said:
Finding out about Lee Young Ja's real identity will be a starter. It would make Mi Young question who Geon is again. And maybe by chance she finds out about mom's late night dates with Geon, but she doesn't confront them (I don't want mom to tell Mi Young about the late night dates with Geon, because it's like a secret ritual between them). Like you said, stuff leads up to her taking up the offer from Jangin, and she takes the chance to 'investigate' what's really going on with Mr Lee Geon. And during the process, she falls back into love with Geon, just like how Geon fell in love with her three years ago.

spideysteve

said: Like @chunnogirl33 said, I also hope that Se Ra comes clean and apologizes to Mi Young first for faking the paper, and maybe unknowingly reveals that she and Geon are not dating. And once some misunderstandings are cleared, Mi Young can do the investigation with Yong and Ji Yeon's help! Oh, how I miss

Yang Soon Gang

:)

)

2nbbkwm.jpg
 LG: I must have rode real hard....

Another Chuno reference. In that drama, he rode real hard when he heard his lady love was found. Unfortunately he didn't make it in time and she was married to someone else. So in FTLY, LG must have rode harder than in Chuno...that's why he found his lady love...     =)) \m/

I'm gonna give the writers the benefit of the doubt and believe that there's a reason why they chose HD for Gun's possible disease. If Gun does end up not having it and sacrificing for nothing, I choose to believe that it's part of a bigger picture.

My experience with kdramas is that diseases rarely make sense! I'm not even going to stress tje HD whether he has it or not because something miraculously always happens that defies the force of the universe in kdrama world.

sooyoungdaebak said:

LG: I must have rode real hard....

Another Chuno reference. In that drama, he rode real hard when he heard his lady love was found. Unfortunately he didn't make it in time and she was married to someone else. So in FTLY, LG must have rode harder than in Chuno...that's why he found his lady love...     =)) \m/

As with some of you, I believe that Gun will withdraw from meeting MY after seeing Daniel's proposal.  Here's my "take" on possible scenarios:

-He'll be a gentleman about it and quietly leave.  He'll stand his ground about staying away from her...at least for the moment...

-He'll leave the painting at the entrance for MY to find.  She, of course, will wonder about "why" Lee Young Ja did not wait to personally give it to her after being so insistent in her text for MY to wait for her.

-MY will naturally try to contact LYJ.  Gun (aka LYJ) will assume that she's accepted Daniel's proposal, and thus--- naturally try to cut their interactions.  He'll not be successful...  Why? 

Because he simply CANNOT HELP HIMSELF!!   While MY's within "reach", albeit via texts, he'll find it literally impossible to "stay away" from her. 

-MY will come to insist that they meet.  She'll use the excuse that she has the replacement painting for her.  This will be so tempting for Gun, but he'll stick to his stance of avoiding a meeting, which will make MY curious and think deep about "Why" LYJ is starkly avoiding a meeting??!!??  Gun will continue with the texting, but avoid a meeting with tons of silly excuses...the writer is so creative that I bet there'll be some doozies for excuses...

-MY will try to find LYJ...beginning first with getting the delivery address from the gallery's agent.  She'll go there and by "coincidence/fate", come across Secretary Tak coming out of his Mom's house...Ho!  What a scene that will be!!

-She'll confront Sec.Tak about the package...he'll be puzzled at first about it and honestly tell her so...then---Wham!!  he'll think back to Gun's comment about a package delivered there and he'll realize the truth to it all!!

I'm hoping that he'll keep it to himself and not tell MY that the package is Gun's.  He'll realize that Gun's been deceiving MY, so, in protective mode, he'll come up with some excuse to MY to appease her curiosity.  MY is a trusting person, so she'll take his word at face value...for the present!

...Heavens...Sunday evening and I'm coming up with potential scenarios...I would like to see Sec. Tak confront Gun about this...it may well be a hilarious exchange---with Tak "in charge" and Gun "at his mercy" wahahahah...