{yg} Big Bang (빅뱅) Official Thread (THIS THREAD IS CLOSED - see post for current thread #3!)

Guest jess1tym4life

Guest okaylikegetaway

GOSH WHY IS SEUNGRI SO FREAKING ADORKABLE? <3333

&&so good to see the whole crew together again on stage :blush:

hmmm... did they ever sing "I Don't Understand" at their concert? that's like my favorite song by them (well, after Fool's Only Tear). and does anyone know if they are coming out with any other videos for their Hot Issue album?? I Hope they do Pabo :D

ive said this before, but yes they will probably do an MV for Pabo because that is their second leading track for Hot Issue and they always do an MV for the second leading track of their albums/ singles.

congrats Big Bang for breaking records and winning the Cyword Song of the Month again~~

and Im so glad to hear about the news of their second album, i cant wait :]]]

&&melodygreenleaf: thanks so much for translating all the little interview bits and news articles, i know a lot of people say thank you but you seriously are like a translating goddess to us non korean speakers <33 i get so excited whenever i see that youre viewing this thread cause it makes me think that youre going to post more juicy news on our favorite boys. heehee yes im weird :]

• Replies 40k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest latiana2003

ive said this before, but yes they will probably do an MV for Pabo because that is their second leading track for Hot Issue and they always do an MV for the second leading track of their albums/ singles.

o im sorry lol. but thanks again!! i really appreciate it okaylikegetaway

Guest melodygreenleaf

and does anyone know if they are coming out with any other videos for their Hot Issue album?? I Hope they do Pabo :D

I know you didn't exactly ask this, but it's somewhat related. xD

Although there probably will be a MV for the song, they probably won't be promoting it like "Always".

I think this because...

1) Activities in Japan begin in February, which is not enough time to promote "Babo".

2) "Last Farewell" is still ranking number one on all the music charts.

3) They're still performing "Last Farewell" this week. (If they were going to start promoting "Babo", they probably would have started this week.)

This is just my speculation, not the fact.

&&melodygreenleaf: thanks so much for translating all the little interview bits and news articles, i know a lot of people say thank you but you seriously are like a translating goddess to us non korean speakers <33 i get so excited whenever i see that youre viewing this thread cause it makes me think that youre going to post more juicy news on our favorite boys. heehee yes im weird :]

Aww~ thank you! I truly am grateful for your kind words ^^

But if me viewing this thread makes you excited, you must be always excited because I never log off xD

Btw, what should I call you? (Sorry if I asked this before; I remember people's names only if they're part of their usernames)

Guest the7REAL.

Doesn't "For the world" work well in Japan? Does this article tell truth or lie?I'm sooo worried. Someone plzzzz tell me!!!

I got angry when I read this article.

i don't think Big Bang made a huge splash in japan yet because they haven't even started their promotional activities there. they released an album but didn't even perform any of the songs for the japanese audience yet. so i think when they start in February, they'll get a better response.

although i think it strange that they don't start promotion until a month after... maybe they should have delayed the album for a couple weeks.

^From what I read ...months ago I think. YG plans to take Big Bang into Japan with an underground approach, so I'm not sure what kind of promoting that entails but I don't think it will be as much as what they do in Korea. (?) I must say, 'For The World' album is not really that great to begin with (lol sorry, I love it in that its such a bonus for us fans but it's not super amazing)..lol..so I'm not really surprised if it doesn't do well on charts, though hoping it does..because..well lyrics aside, Big Bang do sound really good? >.<; But yeah, it's all very..up in the air on what they are going to do I guess. But yeah, hopefully in Feb. they'll get a better response like you said, Aestas. I think they didn't start promotions till a month after because they have such a tight schedule on their plates. Everything is so..crunched together. Crazyness. @_@; I hope Japan learns to love Big Bang too. And hope YB busts out with his Japanese skills and does something...I don't know yet..but something good..I can feel it..haha. =X

-edit-

Oh yeah, here's the old article I was talking about...

Dated 2007-09-12

http://world.kbs.co.kr/english/entertainme...ail.htm?No=6233

Big Bang has been enjoying success with their latest single “거짓말/Geojitmal” (“Lies”) and mini-album, and the group is now preparing to advance into the Japanese market.

A representative from the group’s agency reported that the group has just signed a record deal for their Japanese debut. Surprisingly, the group signed with a small, underground record company. The group will start off in the underground market

Also surprisingly, Big Bang is set to record their first Japanese mini-album of 6 songs in English. Other Korean artists who advanced into the Japanese market have recorded songs in Japanese, but the group’s agency explained that they chose to sing in English to distinguish themselves not just as Hallyu stars, but as international artists.

The group’s representative added that even though the group has formed a partnership with a small firm, they are working with a team who has the ability to achieve massive success, previously having helped another underground group sell a million records.

I don't know about selling a million records but yeah, I wish Big Bang the best in their endeavors.

I am interested to see how they are received once they start promotions.^^

Thanks Melody for all the updates too! That GD part of the interview you posted was..LOL. wtheck. It's kinda true though from what I've seen..lol him and TOP (but TOP would be too shy to say that about himself..lols) but yeah all of Big Bang are popular everywhere. XD

Guest okaylikegetaway

o im sorry lol. but thanks again!! i really appreciate it okaylikegetaway

np, but of course im just speculating off of previous events, its not for sure, so please dont hate me if they dont make an MV afterall xD

Aww~ thank you! I truly am grateful for your kind words ^^

But if me viewing this thread makes you excited, you must be always excited because I never log off xD

Btw, what should I call you? (Sorry if I asked this before; I remember people's names only if they're part of their usernames)

youre welcome~ &actually, my name is part of my username:

okaylikegetaway---> olga

my friend made it up for me like three years ago. so cute

&&i just found this:

“Lie” - Ending Theme Song for FUJI TV Program

BIG BANG’s English version of “Lie”, which is included in the group’s Japanese mini album, will be used as the ending song of a popular Fuji TV program “Vanilla Feelings!” The Japanese program is broadcast every Saturday. By February, BIG BANG is scheduled to hold promotions and a showcase in Japan and in March, the group will have its first solo concert in Tokyo.

Source: Newsen +krnloop

so thats super good news for big bang promotion-wise :]]]

Guest trangtwo

Interview: Big Bang, Kwon Jiyong

Translated by melodygreenleaf. Credit if taking!

Advancing in foreign countries, Big Bang! It's said that each member has a different country where he is popular...

GD: "I think it's different for each country.

When we went to Thailand, Seungri was really popular;

when we went to Japan, Daesung was popular;

and as for me, I was popular wherever we went." <- xD

LMAO. I dunno, this was just really funny to me. It's so...cute. Like, I bet he was all nonchalant when he said it. Like "yeah I'm HOT, people love me, eh" or something XD. Sometimes I think they're too modest, but I like how GD just came out and said that. Ahhh so cute! (And if you think about it, if someone didn't know how GD is like we do, they'd think that was kind of a cocky thing to say, lol XD)

Yo Wonny! Welcome back =D

And OMO, I was looking at all the fancam pics (I'm too lazy to pic spam lol...plus I have to study =/) and Top's hair is starting to look 'shroom-ish like GD's!! Ahh maybe that haircut is like contagious!! It's gonna spreaaaad. 'Cause you know some mushrooms are poisonous and whatnot...ok excuse me, I'm stupid lol. I still love 'em <3

Haha aww I laughed @ this 'cause it was cute hehe ...ahh yes what would we do without you Melody?! ^^

Ahh yes Jerilyn, NOW I remember that article. Dang I have a bad memory. Ok phew, so that explains their activities in Japan.

Guest josephineeee

JOJO'S PHOTO TIME PART 2

radio show photos =D

angiie .. daesung for youuu :lol:

simsim15080111171756182.jpg

the strong and stubborn seungri

simsim15080111181824400.jpg

TOP GD TAEYANG FOR ALL i-VIPS

simsim15080111171756181.jpg

presenting ...

simsim15080111171756180.jpg

THE BIGBANG !

PLEASE DO NOT HOTLINK !

credits to imbc + me for uploading

CONGRATS TO BIGBANG FOR WINNING NO 1 ON MUSIC BANK !!!

LASTFAREWELL ON MUSICBANK

10 Jan 08 MBC RADIO YOUTUBE CLIPS :) :)

100108 MBC Radio - Big Bang Lipsynching to Pabo

100108 MBC Radio - Big Bang Crazy Dog GD Finger Dance

100108 MBC Radio - Big Bang Random Cuts

100108 MBC Radio - Crazy G-Dragon!

^LOLL CAN'T STAND THIS MUAHAHHA!!

Ahahhahha they are sooooooooo cuteee!!

But TOP was stoning most of the time..

was he tired or .. what was he thinking xDDD

^

but that made him look soooo cute too! omgoooshh.

so happy to see him xDDD!!

and seungri babyyy~! wahahhaha!

OHH YSMM CHI SUBBED ?! I'M SO GONNA WATCH IT NOW!!!! XD!!

Thank youuuuu!!

--

ohhh i just realised i topped the pageyyy.

but i hope what i shared would be enough for nowww (actually i have nothing else to share LOL!!)

Guest the7REAL.

LMAO. I dunno, this was just really funny to me. It's so...cute. Like, I bet he was all nonchalant when he said it. Like "yeah I'm HOT, people love me, eh" or something XD. Sometimes I think they're too modest, but I like how GD just came out and said that. Ahhh so cute! (And if you think about it, if someone didn't know how GD is like we do, they'd think that was kind of a cocky thing to say, lol XD) ^^

^Exactly, Trang! GD is like...LOL..such a dork. And same thing with Seungri, I could imagine him saying the same thing, cause' they like to play around like that. XD You definitely have to 'know GD' in a sense..not that we know him..but just from everything..how he talks sometimes. lols. it's just..yeah..cute. I think he can sometimes be very cheeky? sauuccyyyyy. w/e haha.

Random, but I like seeing how much closer everyone in Big Bang has become to one another. Thinking back on the 'Miraculous Victory and Defeat' with GD and Daesung...so cute how they are close now. And when we started noticing YB and Seungri being closer and TOP hugging Seungri alot more now..lol 'manwon show' 'limited preview' clip etc. Ahhhh. It's lovely. <3

Guest naturalhonee

today's music bank!!!!!!

Big Bang is BACK

who missed big bang performing with all 5 members and with sooo much energy?!

I SURELY DID!

it was a gold + white theme today - lookin flyyyy boys <3 (lol top finally changed his 'hard knock life' cap)

totally thought wondergirls were gonna take it since they performed last ..but OMG yessssss

BIG BANG IS NUMBER 1 ON MUSIC BANK

Guest melodygreenleaf

Adding to the whole "underground" thing. (This is from another interview I'm procrastinating on xP)

Big Bang also said that they're not going to appear on a lot of Japanese shows.

Instead, they're going to hold a lot of performances, and most of them will not be aired on TV.

v Congrats to Big Bang!

(And this should be the first official music chart for Music Bank too~)

Guest xrainonme

I just want to say Congrats to Big Bang for winning tonight's Music Bank.

That was a close one with the Wonder Girls, I love DaeSung's expression LOL

and TaeYang's expression was cute =] Big Bang Hwaiting~

Thanks for the links!!!!!!! G-dragon is so funny ^^

Some pictures/gifs from Shim Shim Tape Radio:

sstpgd.gifhi5.gif

d0035022_4787283969f4e.jpg

d0035022_478728281d6ee.jpg

d0035022_478728201d109.jpg

d0035022_47872851c2a68.jpg

d0035022_47872834d86c4.jpg

d0035022_47872824de8e3.jpg

d0035022_4787284b00d65.jpg

d0035022_4787283f2303e.jpg

d0035022_4787282f6bb83.jpg

d0035022_4787282b3e25d.jpg

Credits to bbvipz

Big Bang win another award, Congrats to them!

i can't wait to watch their performance, but since music bank is late here i'm gonna watch it online.

GD is so dorky but cute in those pictures.... hehehehe

ktz811 - nice meeting you.... ^^

Guest redevilica

adkfjgaklsj I've missed this thread like for almost 2 months now and soooo many things has happened! *i'm still trying to catch up with end of the year awards and perfs* Omg, there was another award again? (i'm so lost) and they won! Yay! congrats boys :D and Music Bank numbah oneeee~! *dances to the tune* thank you for all updates, infos, translations, pics, gifs, etc everybody <333 (i don't know when i'll finish backtracking) ... GD has new hair! (ok this is old news now xD but new for me lol sorry people)

available in CB

:lol:

http://clubbox.co.kr/cashewmania

[HQ] Big Bang - Kongga at 2007 MBC Gayo Daejejun (2007-12-31).avi [271.5MB]

Guest iaRediL

wow, i come here after a day and my head is spinning trying to catch up with all the news!! LOL!! :lol:

josephineeee n kmitt

thnx jojo n everyone else for all the great pix!!! i luv the one of TOP in the costume!! soooooo cute!!!!!!! :P n i just LOVE the GD pics from the radio show!!! i was practically wriggling in my seat in front of my dad!!! LOL!! he must think his daughter is crazy!!! :w00t:

n thnx everyone for the links!!! i haven't watched them yet, but i'll be sure to watch it!! LONG LIVE BIG BANG!!!

i cant believe those LOUISE VUITTON (did i spell it ryt??) glasses are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO expensive!!!! hahahaha....how many PSPs could u buy with one of those?? :P

TOP IS BACK!!!! i just knew..hahahaa...AND CONGRATS TO BIG BANG FOR WINNING YET ANOTHER AWARD!!!! wow, they progress really fast, don't they?? i mean, their albums just keep coming and coming....

melody

thnx for the trans!! i couldn't stop myself from laughing!!! but i had to agree, GD IS FAMOUS WHEREVER HE GOES!!!!!!!!!!

OHOHOHO!!!!!

last nyt n 2 nyts ago, i had a dream, n BIG BANG were in it!!! LOL, i guess that's wat happens wen u listen to BIG BANG songs while going to sleep!!!

anyways, i only rmmbr last nyt's dream. not clear though. i only rmmbr there was some kind of shootout, n TOP WAS SHOT!!!! :tears::tears::sweatingbullets:

then everyone (BB n meself) were rushing to him, but he seemed fine. so we brought him to this abandoned gas station (which was somehow full of supplies and had electricity...) n TOP rested...

...then i woke up....hahahaha.....BUT BE ASSURED, TOP WAS FINE!!! i think that dream was some kinda message telling me that TOP was back... hahahha...LOL...dunno.....

NOW, i have a question for everyone!!!

Q: if you were to go to a BIG BANG concert, wat is your reaction??

A. sing along with all the songs

B. scream your head off until the people around you become temporarily deaf!!

C. stand there emotionless bcoz you're too stunned BB is actually infront of you...

u could pick as much answers as you want, or add your own answers!!! B)

Archived