[Hong Kong TVB Drama 2014] Storm in a Cocoon 守業者

sugarplum892

%E5%AE%88%E6%A5%AD%E8%80%85.jpg

Details:Title: 守業者 / Show Ye Jie
English title: Storm in a Cocoon
Genre: Pre-modern suspense, Mystery, DramaEpisodes: 32Producer: Leung Choi Yuen (梁材遠) (Ghost Writer, 7 Days In Life, When Lanes Merge, Slow Boat Home)
Production Company: TVB
Broadcast Date: February 17, 2014 - March 28, 2014Replacing: Outbound Love 單戀雙城
Cast:Steven MaTavia YeungEvergreen MakMaggie Siu Natalie TongEillot Ngok Matt YeungAkina Hong Tracy Yip Stephen Wong Joseph Lee Rachel Kan Raymond Cho Hoi Yeung Katy Kung Cilla Lok 
Synopsis:"Wing Tai Lung" is Guangzhou's largest silk factory during its time. The owner POON WING LIN (Elliot Ngok) is growing old and has passed on the business to his eldest son POON KA HIN (Evergreen Mak) and second daughter POON HAU YEE (Akina Kong) to manage, but unexpectedly HAU YEE strangely commits suicide. Youngest son POON KA YEUNG (Steven Ma) is a military doctor, who returns home after completing his service and takes over the business. He was suspicious of his sister HAU YEE's death as there were too many questions unanswered. HAU YEE's good friend and worker at the silk factory, TONG BING BING (Tavia Yeung) also questioned the death. YEUNG and BING BING joined forced to investigate the mysterious death and unfolds the complex relationships in the silk factory, each and every one of them are suspects. The head of the silk factory, SIN BIK SUET (Maggie Siu) is regarded as the big sister in the factory and frequently picks on BING BING. After the big liar FUNG CHI CHING (Natalie Tong) joined the silk factory, she appeared to have a different motive. As for BING BING's courageous style deeply attracted YEUNG, the two gradually developed feelings, but then BING BING's fiancé KWAN JO YIU (Raymond Cho), who had been missing for several years, suddenly returns and stirs up a giant wave. As for HAU YEE's murderer is someone unexpected, and because of this the Poon's family business is faced with retribution. Thus, YEUNG and BING BING were determined to be the property protectors...
Raw Previews:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=api0ZaSVk1A&feature=share&list=UUD2SNRlEjxJODlwaKx-BoRw&index=7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ngwa8UxIr0&feature=share&list=UUD2SNRlEjxJODlwaKx-BoRw&index=6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qtBZxu_pI4&list=UUD2SNRlEjxJODlwaKx-BoRw&feature=share&index=5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg2EDm0WUL4&list=UUD2SNRlEjxJODlwaKx-BoRw&feature=share&index=3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oVmbonwVMA&feature=share&list=UUD2SNRlEjxJODlwaKx-BoRw&index=4

OSTs:Steven Ma - Providence (天意)

Jinny Ng - Thinking of You

• 3 weeks later...

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Steven Ma New Song & MV with Fala Chen, Hopes to Shoot MVs with Tavia Yeung & Linda ChungWednesday February 12, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel

Posted Image Posted Image

Yesterday Steven Ma, Tavia Yeung, Maggie Siu, Cilla Lok, Katy Kung and the rest of the cast of TVB new series Storm in a Cocoon attended the promotional event held at an organic farm in Tuen Mun. It has already been two years since Steven appeared in a TVB series, asked whether he's worried he might break his "TV Rating Lucky Star" image and whether he had confidence in the series? He said: "The TV rating trends had changed in the recent years. Before when a new series premieres, the rating would be at least 30 points, but now I feel a little pressured!" When speaking of his new song releasing on the music charts in March, Steven expressed he invited Fala Chen for the duet and she'll be the female lead in the MV. He personally produced and directed the MV. He said: "For my other two songs, I hope to invite Tavia Yeung and Linda Chung to be the female leads in the MV! (Kiss scenes?) Maybe! (Afraid people might say you're taking a 'public device' for personal use?) At most people may say its incest! Everyone knows they're my sisters!" 

Katy Kung was recently rumored with a hair salon owner and she was photographed on a date with former Mr. Hong Kong Jack Hui. She explained she's been collaborating with the male hairstylist for many years, and she just went to show her support at his new hair salon. As for Jack Hui, she was having dinner with him and other friends. She stressed she is still single. 

Tavia purchased a basket full of organic vegetables at the farm, she expressed her mother liked to eat them and has planted several pots on their balcony at home. Asked how she's spending Valentine's Day this year? Tavia said: "Working! But I really want to hot pot with my mom! (Call Him Law to join you?) He's welcomed to come! It's not a big deal, just an extra chopstick. I'm not a person who likes to call and invite people, and I rarely call him. (He invites you?) I don't know. (Prepared a gift?) Nope, I never do these things. (Looking forward to it?) Don't waste money! The flowers are expensive, just buy a some vegetables, so we can add it to our hot pot." Tavia expressed she's not a romantic person, and has never personally made chocolates for anyone. What she does most is buy chocolates for others. Tavia frankly expressed she rarely gets Valentine's Day gifts, in the past she got flowers before. What hopes does she have for this year? She laughed: "Nothing much. Actually when two people are together, gifts and little surprises could be given on any ordinary day." 

Also, Him attended a separate event yesterday and when asked whether he prepared any gifts or surprises for girlfriend Tavia Yeung on Valentine's Day? He said: "Keep it simple! Call more people to come, that would be a great surprise. No need to be romantic! (Already an old couple?) No, I'm actually off on that day, but she has to work! (Gift?) Valentine's Day gifts are not just for one person, everyone should get one, its courtesy!" 

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Tavia Yeung Spends Valentine's Day with Mother: Wishes Him Law Happiness Over the PhoneSunday February 16, 2014 Hong Kong
Credits: to hyn5

Posted Image

When Tavia Yeung attended a promotional event for the new series "Storm in a Cocoon", she revealed that she had spent Valentine's Day working, but was fortunate enough to make it home in time to have hot pot with her mother after getting off work. Rumoured boyfriend Him Law did not attend. When asked why they did not celebrate, she said, "Mom is old now! Want to spend every moment with her. (What about Him?) Did say 'Happy Valentine's Day' over the phone. Have an understanding. Just need to be happy. Work is the most important. He should have work to do. (Prepare a gift?) Such a big person...no need!"

Tavia admits not being a romantic person, having not given any gifts on Valentine's Day in the past. She has only knitted a scarf for the guy, but it was a long time ago. 

TVB Rating Report (02/17/2014 - 02/23/2014)Source: KuangaiTVBTranslated by: aZnangel
DramasGilded Chopsticks - 食為奴 (EPS 06-10) - 27 PTS 
Storm in a Cocoon - 守業者 (EPS 01-05) - 26 PTS 
Come Home Love - 愛•回家 (EPS 451-455) - 24 PTS
Variety ShowsI Am Boss - 我要做老闆 - 21 PTS Dinner Confidential - 燭光晚餐 - 17 PTS 
(Nielsen TAM: 1 point represents 64,940)

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.3; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-weight: 300; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Steven Ma Admits Blunders in SIAC285330c0-b5bd-48ce-9ae1-0182f09511f8_zps 

Translator: Tamaya @ AF

Yesterday Steven Ma and Joyce Tang attended the "Keep Fit Party 2014-Professional Drivers" event organized by the Occupational Safety and Health Council (HK OSHC)*. Steven's new tvb series, Storm in a Cocoon", is presently airing in Hong Kong, and has garnered respectable ratings. Steven hopes the ratings will increase steadily. He disclosed that after the event he needed to go back to TVB City to redo some of his dubbing in SIAC that was recorded in mainland on-location site because of extraneous factors. He jested: "If not, then the audience might spot more errors again." 

Talking about blunders appearing in numerous scenes in SIAC, Steven said helplessly: "Aiya, I can't deny it. I saw that scene too. It was filmed in Sun De (mainland on-location site) That boat had a phone number on it, and there's also this one motor bike in the background. Actually, doing the filming preparation we had already noticed them on site. We made a note to avoid getting them into the scene. The crew were to conceal all the phone numbers on all the boats. But when we were shooting a panoramic view, because the crew was so preoccupied with managing the huge crowd present on site to make sure none of them got into the scene that they inadvertently overlooked that one boat's phone numbers did not get concealed with a black cloth. Besides that one blunder, I also noticed another one, that of unconnected scenes. In one scene my right arm is injured but in the next my injury has disappeared and then in the following scene the wound not only reappears but is bleeding to boot. Though they questioned why the staff did not maintain a proper recording of every detail in every scene, I feel that I was also partly responsible. As an actor I too have that responsibility. Maybe there were too many scenes filmed in a day so sometimes I lost track of them. In the future we will do our best to improve on this."

Steven said one of the reasons why the blunders happened may also be because there was only one production assistant in the production troupe overseeing the filming details. He said it would help alleviate the PA's duties if there is another PA to share the duties. He said recently there is indeed a noticeable improvement in TVB's treatment towards its artists. Though the rest period is still not eight hours interval, the work scheduling is now more 'humane'. For instance, if an artist finishes work at 3 am she/he won' t be rescheduled to work at 6 am the same day. So, there's that improvement.

On a different subject, Joyce was asked about her plans to have children in the future. She said to let nature take its course especially since her husband is often away on business trips. (Aren't you worried about his absences in Hong Kong?) She smiled and said: "He's the one worrying about me. We've web cam so we can see other other easily. I won't be a tag-along wife following her husband everywhere he goes."

a35c_zps60363820.jpg bb9ccf36jw1ee1m2ysqt9j20nf0pstcd_zps95d3
Source 

TVB Rating Reports (02/24/2014 - 03/02/2014)Source: MingpaoTranslated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net 
Dramas Gilded Chopsticks - 食為奴 (EPS 11-15) - 29 PTS (Peaking at 31 PTS) 
Storm in a Cocoon - 守業者 (EPS 06-10) - 26 PTS 
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 456-460) - 24 PTS 
Variety Shows I Am Boss - 我要做老闆 - 19 PTS To Woo A Dame - 搵個好男人 - 19 PTS Dinner Confidential - 燭光晚餐 - 16 PTS
(Nielsen TAM: 1 point represents 64,940 audience) 
Complaints - Gilded Chopsticks, 6 complaints: Joey Meng's age does not fit her character (3), the relationships are too dull with nothing special (2), the plot does not follow history (1). 

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Steven Ma denies acting superior on "Storm In A Cocoon"Tuesday March 11, 2014 Hong KongSource
k0g5xh.jpg

Steven Ma recently dismissed rumours about his superior behaviour while filming his comeback series, "Storm In A Cocoon".

The 42-year-old actor, who is known for churning out hit series before he terminated his contract with TVB in 2012, has reportedly been acting like a hot shot at the set of his new series last year.

Apparently the actor also fought with his co-star Evergreen Mak and scolded the crew during filming.

However, according to On CC, the actor recently expressed his thoughts on the rumours in Weibo, saying that he always tried his best not to hurt anybody and learnt to be tolerant of others.

"There was no fighting and I have not scolded anybody. Yes, I can't satisfy everybody but I treat everybody around me with sincerity," he added.

Meanwhile, in another interview with the media at the promotional event for the new series, Steven said that rumours about his disagreement with Evergreen Mak were last year's problems and will treat it as publicity for the series.

In regards to the series' 27 rating points last week, Steven said that he is satisfied and hopes that the ratings will continue to rise.

Netizens' Recreation of Steven Ma's 'Storm in a Cocoon' Theme Song Gets Over 100,000 Views 

Thursday March 13, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: On.cc
Translated by: aZnangel

Steven Ma is currently busy recording for his new album. The ratings of his currently airing TVB series Storm in a Cocoon is also going up, the cast were in joy and went to visit Steven at the recording studio with a fruit basket. Steven happily expressed: "Many people have said the melody of the serial's theme song sounds graceful. I couldn't believe the song got such warm response. On the internet, Netizens created their own MVs using the theme song as the background music and shared them online. The number of views have reached over 100,000."

He expressed after he finishes recording for his album, he will be flying to San Francisco on March 21st to hold a two night concert. As the schedule is very tight, he will not be able to tour the city. After the concert, he'll be coming back to Hong Kong to shoot the MVs for his new album. One of the songs in his album is a duet with Fala Chen, and he will produce/direct the MV for their duet.          

Source: HKChannel Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net 
TVB Rating Reports (03/10/2014 - 03/16/2014) 
Dramas Gilded Chopsticks - 食為奴 (EPS 21-25 END) - 30 PTS (Peaking at 31 PTS)
Storm in a Cocoon - 守業者 (EPS 16-20) - 28 PTS (Peaking at 30 PTS)
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 466-470) - 25 PTS
Variety ShowsTo Woo A Dame - 搵個好男人 - 20 PTSDinner Confidential - 燭光晚餐 - 13 PTS 

Steven Ma Feared He Might Suffer a Stroke
Friday March 21, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: On.cc
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net 

Yesterday Tavia Yeung, Steven Ma, Evergreen Mak, Natalie Tong, Maggie Siu and the rest of the cast of TVB seriesStorm in a Cocoon attended a bus cruising promotional event in Tsim Sha Tsui. A few days ago, Steven Ma was admitted to the hospital due to feeling dizzy and high blood pressure. He stayed in the hospital overnight for observation. Steven disclosed he had X-rays, blood work and chest examinations done while he was in the hospital, but the cause of the high blood pressure and dizziness has not been found yet. Perhaps it is related to the condition he has in his heart. 

Steven expressed that day when he felt unwell, he was most worried about getting a stroke. He said: "That day I was feeling so dizzy and I felt a huge surge of blood rushing up to my head. My arms and legs were twitching and my blood pressure went up to 180. The doctor feared I would get a stroke, and that was one of my greatest worries as well. If I didn't die from the stroke, then I would cause trouble for my family." It turns out Steven has a habit of drinking 5 cups of black coffee per day. The doctor said he is just slowly committing suicide. After this incident, Steven decided to give up on black coffee. 

Tavia claims she's naturally beautiful 

It was rumored Tavia Yeung got plastic surgery done to look younger and to match rumored boyfriend Him Law. Tavia boasted she's naturally beautiful and maintained her looks well. She denied getting plastic surgery: "The report said I'm flawless, I have a Western lady's nose and Angela Jolie's lips. I've been so busy filming series lately that I have no time to rest. This proves I maintained myself pretty well, naturally beautiful." Asked again about her plastic surgery rumor? She said: "If they don't write stories about this, then what else is there to write? This isn't anything new, its better than saying that I'm so stressed I got a huge pimple." When speaking of Him Law praising she originally is a beautiful girl, Tavia wasn't shy at all, she said: "Not originally. I am basically a beautiful girl!" 

Archived