UPDATED- Hawick Lau starts planning for daughter's education

sugarplum892

Monday January 6, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: Mingpao, Oriental Daily (images) 
Translated by: aZnangel 
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Hawick Lau and Yang Mi are getting married tomorrow at the Bali island (Indonesia). Yesterday at 6pm, Hawick finally finished working in Shanghai and flew back to Hong Kong to pick up his soon to be wife Yang Mi, his father Lau Dan and mother. The family will be flying over to Bali tomorrow for the wedding. 

Hawick took two days off from work for his wedding. Yesterday at 6:20pm, he arrived at the HK airport and was surrounded by reporters congratulating him. Hawick had a smile on his face the whole time and said: "I made a special trip back to HK today to pick up Yang Mi and my family. Tomorrow we'll be flying to Bali together." When asked about their wedding guests? He expressed: "Majority are my colleagues, classmates and family. We didn't invite friends from the industry because its hard to match the schedules for so many people. I don't want to trouble anybody. (Hold a wedding banquet in HK?) I still have two jobs on hand, haven't planned for a HK wedding banquet and don't have time to go on a honeymoon. Actually its fun to go on vacation with a group of friends, we'll be in Bali for three days, then we have to get back to Mainland for work." 

It had been widely rumored Yang Mi is pregnant, Hawick had a big reaction when heard this: "Hahaha...ah...hahaha... I'll let you all know when there is good news!" Will Yang Mi reduce her on-screen work after marriage and focus more on the family? He expressed: "She can balance between family and work. She won't give up anything. (What if there is a baby?) Hahaha... talk about that when we do have one!" Does Hawick like to have a boy or a girl? He said: "Hahaha." But he admitted he and Yang Mi are prepared to have children. "Starting a family and having children is a very important goal in life for me. I am trying to achieve this goal now!" 

It was disclosed Hawick did careful wedding planning, arranging the five star hotel and romantic beach wedding. He deliberately created a surprise for Yang Mi. Hawick said a little disappointed: "Not any surprise, everyone (the media) went to take pictures already. Whatever surprise there was is no surprise." Will the couple share the wedding photos with the public? He laughed: "Let's see if she wants to or not. Have to see whether the photos look good or not before posting." Hawick declined to reveal how much he spent on the wedding. He just laughed: "Priceless." 

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Wedding: Hawick Lau Vows to Love Yang Mi Without ConstraintsWednesday January 8, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Congratulations! 39 year old Hawick Lau and 27 year old Mainland actress Yang Mi were married yesterday (1/8th)! The newly weds held their million dollar wedding ceremony at the BVLGARI Hotel in Bali, and invited 80 guests to witness their special day. The couple did not initially plan to accept interviews from the media, but in the end they decided to happily share their happiness. Hawick declared his love: "I will love you without any constraints!" Yang Mi was touched to tears. It was a touching scene. 

The ceremony started at 4:30pm, Hawick's father Lau Dan was in an extremely good mood as he smiled the entire time. He expressed he was very pleased with the whole set up of the wedding and disclosed Yang Mi is 110 pounds! When asked about the rumors that he bride is pregnant? Lau Dan laughed loudly: "Whatever I say is useless, you can all see for yourselves. (Do you want to have grand children?) Everyone does. (The more the better?) Hahaha!" 

Hawick appeared in a black tuxedo, he appeared nervous and frequently had a fist. The wedding cost him a fortune, he was asked how much his wife is worth? He immediately said: "Priceless, it is not calculated like that! I'm feeling very excited right now. This is absolutely the best day in my life! (What kind of strengths does your wife have?) She's pretty!" 

When the ceremony began, Yang Mi's father walked is daughter down the aisle, while the bride was smiling sweetly the whole way. Father Yang lightly kissed his daughter's hand before giving her hand to Hawick. Yang Mi's wedding dress was designed by a famous Mainland designer and her good friend Alex Wang, it was called the "A Line" style. She had on BVLGARI's B.zero 1 platinum diamond bracelet to accompany her dress. The wedding rings were also by BVLGARI. When Yang Mi heard her husband's wedding vow: "I will love you without any constraints!" She was moved to tears. After exchanging rings, the couple went for two emotional kisses. The parents were so touched they also teared up. When it was time to throw the flower bouquet, Yang Mi deliberately tried to give it to her good friend and maid of honor Tiffany Tang, she expressed: "I hope to give all happiness and luck to my best friend!" 

After the ceremony, the newly weds accepted an interview. Yang Mi expressed she was very touched. Asked what expectations does she have on her husband? She said: "The things he promised!" Later she looked her husband and said: "Can you do it?" Hawick did not hesitate one bit before answering: "I will even better!" Hawick praised his wife is the most beautiful bride in the world and she looks the best in a white wedding dress. Asked when they plan on going on their honeymoon? He expressed because of work, they have to leave Bali today and if there is an opportunity, he'll definitely make up for it. As for the wide rumors that Yang Mi is pregnant, does the newly weds have plans to have children? They said: "We do have plans. (Within a year?) Leave it to fate. Work is the most important. (Parents didn't rush you?) Nope. (Do you want to have children?) We are moving towards this goal!" 

Hawick and Yang Mi later thanked everyone for the blessings on their Weibos. Hawick said: "Here, Mr. and Mrs. Lau thank everyone for the blessings!" Yang Mi said: "Thanks for everything today. Thank you all for the blessings. Thank you. I'm married!" 

Hawick Lau and Yang Mi are truly a beautiful, sweet couple; I hope that they'll have a lifetime of prosperity, happiness, and success. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Hawick Lau & Yang Mi Announce Pregnancy on WeiboSunday January 19, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: On.cc

Posted Image

Congratulations! Hawick Lau announces his wife Yang Mi is pregnant on Weibo. He wrote: "Finally got through all the excitement, happiness and times of keeping a secret. I can finally share the great news with you all. To everyone, Yang Mi and I have a baby! For the health of our baby, we followed the most traditional belief of keeping the pregnancy a secret for 3 months before announcing. I apologize for not being truthful to you all, and I hope you all will forgive us and understand us. Thank you all for waiting patiently for us to personally make this announcement. Baby is already over 3 months and is very healthy. Thank you Mrs. Lau for making my life perfect! Thank you all again for all the concern, thank you!" Yang Mi replied to her husband's Weibo: "This is such a happy moment. Thank you to all my friends. Thank you everyone for the care and understanding. Thank you." Yang Mi is expected to due in July. 

___Congrats to the lovely couple! :D No need to apologize! haha

Yang Mi is expecting a baby girlHawick Lau revealed the gender of the baby in a recent interview

Hong Kong actor Hawick Lau disclosed in a separate interview that his wife Yang Mi is expecting a baby girl, following the announcement of her pregnancy on his microblog on Sunday.

The father-to-be, who previously declared that he prefers daughters, was overjoyed when he learned of the baby’s gender. “I’m going to have a new little lover,” said Hawick.

According to Yang Mi, her husband was filming by the river when he was informed of the good news. “Hawick was so excited that he almost jumped into the water,” she laughed.

The Chinese actress mentioned that she has not decided if she will deliver the baby in Hong Kong or in China. Meanwhile, her father-in-law, veteran actor Danny Lau, has expressed his wish for his grandchild to be born and raised in Hong Kong so that they can spend more time together.

Source

the baby girl is going to be so cute!! :DD

Yang Mi returns to work after weddingThe three-month pregnant actress resumed filming after her Bali wedding

Shortly after Yang Mi and Hawick Lau’s Bali wedding on Jan 8, the Chinese actress, who is currently three-month pregnant, resumed filming for new movie Tiny Times 3.

After learning the news of her pregnancy, director Guo Jingming specially edited the script to minimise action scenes for the actress. Yang Mi’s co-star, Taiwanese actress Amber Kuo, also mentioned that crew members are now very conscious on set, keeping a safe distance from the mum-to-be during their smoke breaks.

In addition, Amber would talk to the baby each time after Yang Mi finished shooting an intense scene, to calm the nerves of both mother and child.

As Yang Mi’s baby bump is becoming increasingly prominent, the director has since sped up the progress of filming so that all her scenes can be completed as soon as possible. 

On Wednesday, Yang Mi posted a self-portrait on her microblog for the first time after she announced her pregnancy. The caption read: “Adorable young mummy.”

Yang Mi
Source

• 4 weeks later...

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Hawick Lau says Yang Mi can eat anythingFriday February 21, 2014 Hong Kong
Source

Father-to-be Hawick Lau recently gushed about his wife, Yang Mi's pregnancy, saying that the actress has been acting cuter since she is with a child.

According to Yes Entertainment, during an interview with the media recently, Hawick said, "Nowadays, when she craves a certain food, she will say that it's the baby who wants it and not her."

"Last time, she asked me for pizza. Then she wanted roasted ducks for three whole weeks!"

However, Hawick said that Yang Mi's appetite is back to normal for the present, but added jokingly that he is anticipating what the actress will crave next.

"It doesn't matter. I will let her eat anything she wants," said Hawick affectionately.

When asked about the couple's filming schedule, Hawick said that the two of them are currently busy filming for two different productions, but will always make sure to visit each other at the film set.

"Yang Mi is doing "Tiny Times 3" now. Whenever we stumble across each other, I will just go and see her and leave my lead actress behind!" the actor stated.

Hawick also admitted that since her pregnancy, he has been more motivated in life.

"It gives me a sense a responsibility," said Hawick, who also stated that he hopes to seek a balance in his work and family.

• 3 weeks later...

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Hawick Lau will support Yang Mi's careerThursday March 13, 2014 Hong Kong
Source

Hong Kong actor Hawick Lau said that it would be impossible for his wife, Chinese actress Yang Mi, to retire from the film industry even after the birth of their first child.

As reported on Sina Daily News, the 39-year-old actor, who recently accepted an interview with Beijing News, said that the "Tiny Times" actress has no plans to halt her career to become a full-time mother.

"That would be impossible," said Hawick. "She just loves her career so much."

Yang Mi, who is currently five months pregnant, has been working on the third instalment of Guo Jingming's "Tiny Times" franchise since her pregnancy. However, when asked if the actress, who is one of the highest earning Chinese actresses at the moment, refused to retire because she makes more money than him, the actor said that that is not the case.

"I can say it with confidence that I earn more money than her. Don't trust those reports online. Both of us know what we make," said Hawick.

In regards to the baby, Hawick said that the gender is not important as long as the baby is happy and healthy. He also said that he has yet to make plans for the child's education but hopes that he or she will make good friends.

• 1 month later...

Yang Mi on bad terms with in-laws?Rumour has it that Chinese actress Yang Mi does not get along with husband Hawick Lau’s parents
Yang Mi Hawick Lau

Yang Mi (also known as Mini Yang) and Hawick Lau tied the knot in Bali, Indonesia in January. Soon after, the happy couple revealed that Yang Mi was three months pregnant, with the expected due date set in late June.

As she intends for her child to be a Hong Kong citizen, Yang Mi relocated there in March to live with her in-laws. Unfortunately, rumour has it that their relationship is anything but rosy, and the actress supposedly has frequent skirmishes with her husband’s parents.

Recently, Yang Mi was spotted going for her routine check-up with her mother-in-law as her pregnancy entered its 7th month. During the trip, she allegedly had zero contact with the latter, and stalked off without even looking back when they reached home.

Rumours of Yang Mi not getting along with her in-laws have been rampant. Earlier, it was said that she threw a tantrum publicly when her father-in-law divulged too many details about her wedding plans.

Facing the dilemma of siding with his wife or his parents, Hawick has reportedly been staying in Hong Kong whenever he is able to. He is currently overseeing the construction of their new marital home so that the unpleasantness between his wife and parents can be avoided.

Yang Mi Hawick Lau

Source

• 4 weeks later...

class="svtitle" style="font-size: 30px; margin: 3px 0px 14px; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; font-weight: normal; clear: both; display: inline;"Yang Mi’s having a baby boy class="svtitle" style="font-size: 30px; margin: 3px 0px 14px; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; font-weight: normal; clear: both; display: inline;"Yang Mi’s father-in-law, Lau Dan, let slip that her baby is going to be a boyYang Mi, Hawick Lau

Hong Kong actor Hawick Lau and Chinese actress Yang Mi (also known as Mini Yang) announced they were expecting after their wedding late last year, but had yet to reveal the gender of their baby.

Yesterday, Hawick’s father, Hong Kong veteran actor Lau Dan, was taking part in a Mother’s Day event for TVB series Come Home Love in Hong Kong when he let slip that his daughter-in-law is expecting a baby boy.

He revealed that Hawick and his daughter were both not in Hong Kong, but had already sent a lengthy, touching message to wish them (he, his wife and Yang Mi) a happy Mother’s Day.

When Yang Mi was mentioned, Lau Dan said that his daughter-in-law will be giving birth in Hong Kong, and he will be hiring a confinement lady to take care of her after she delivers. He also praised Yang Mi for being “well-mannered”, recounting how she makes sure to bring gifts whenever she visits Hong Kong. However, to him and his wife, an obedient grandson will be the perfect present.

When asked if he is nervous about his impending grandfatherhood, Lau Dan laughed: “I’ve been nervous for a really long time! We’ve bought almost all the baby items that we need, including a few prams! [The things] are cramming up the whole house and the nursery has already been decorated. These things are mostly done by my wife and son (Hawick), [they are] really impatient.”

During the interview, he was so happy that he accidentally revealed the baby’s gender: “Everything has been prepared; we’re just waiting for my grandson’s arrival!”

As for whether he hopes that his grandson will be just as handsome as he is, Lau Dan jested, “He’ll be handsome whether he looks like his mother or father! Grandfather isn’t handsome anymore!”

Source

Lau Dan says Yang Mi is carrying a boy

Hong Kong actor Lau Dan recently made a slip of the tongue and revealed that his daughter-in-law Yang Mi is currently pregnant with a baby boy, though the latter has been keeping mum about it.

According to Sina, the actor, who attended a Mother's Day event on 12 May, was thrilled when asked about his son Hawick Lau's first baby with Chinese actress, Yang Mi.

When asked if the actress has prepared anything for his wife, the "Come Home Love" star stated, "Yang Mi is pregnant. A grandchild is the best gift."

Lau Dan also revealed that he has been nervous about becoming a grandfather that the family has bought a lot of baby items, including several baby prams!

"The whole house is full of baby items and the nursery is all set. Most of them were bought by the baby's daddy who is very impatient," the actor enthused. "Everything is prepared and we're just waiting for my grandson right now!"

When asked if the baby will be as handsome as his grandfather, the 71 year-old actor laughed and said, "He'll be as good looking as his father and mother. His grandfather is not handsome anymore."

Source

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Yang Mi gives birth to a baby girlCelebrity couple Harwick Lau and Yang Mi welcomes 'Xiao Nuo Mi' into their family

Chinese actress Yang Mi, who married Hong Kong actor Harwick Lau earlier this year, gave birth to a girl yesterday.

She chose to give birth via caesarean after going through very bad labour pains at the very last minute. The baby weighed a healthy 3.18 kg.

Although Harwick has yet to reveal their baby photos, the excited daddy announced the good news on Weibo as soon as he could. 'We welcome a new family member to the Lau family! It's been hard on Mummy, but both mother and daughter are safe, so we're thankful! Happy Children's Day to all children in the world and to my 'Xiao Nuo Mi'!'

The couple has nicknamed their daughter 'Xiao Nuo Mi', which means 'glutinous rice'. When reporters spoke to Harwick's father, Hong Kong veteran actor Lau Dan, at the hospital, he explained that it was because the little girl was born on the day before Dragon Boat Festival or Dumpling Festival (dumplings are made from glutinous rice).

He confessed that when his granddaughter was born, he, Harwick and Yang Mi were all moved to tears. 'When Harwick was in the delivery room cutting the baby's umbilical cord, he cried, not because he's afraid of blood, but because he was so touched '“ a little life is born just like that,' he said.

Will his granddaughter stay in Hong Kong with the family?

He told reporters: 'Yes, she will be staying in Hong Kong often, but Harwick and Yang Mi will return to China for their work.'

Both Yang Mi and Harwick could not be reached for comment as of press time, as the new mother was too tired, and Harwick was too busy taking care of both mother and child.

Source

• 2 weeks later...

Yang Mi posts her daughter’s picture for the first timeYang Mi posted a picture of her buddy Zhou Bichang holding “Xiao Nuo Mi”Yang Mi, Zhou Bichang

Chinese actress Yang Mi revealed her daughter’s photo on Weibo for the first time on Sunday.

In the photo, the actress’ good friend, Chinese singer Zhou Bichang (Bibi), was holding “Xiao Nuo Mi” in her arms. Although only the baby’s side profile could be seen, it was obvious that she had smooth white skin.

Yang Mi and Bibi have always been exceptionally close, although they like to poke fun at each other on Weibo. Long before “Xiao Nuo Mi” had arrived in this world, the two stars had already made a pact to let Bibi act as her godfather.

However, Yang Mi couldn’t resist the chance to make a jibe at her friend. She commented under the photo: “Your godfather specially came to see you, [are you] happy?”

Afterwards, Bibi reposted the post and replied: “Godfather couldn’t bear to leave!”

Additionally, Hong Kong actor Hawick Lau, the father of “Xiao Nuo Mi”, quietly started working again on Monday. While he was in Shanghai to promote his new drama, the new dad couldn’t seem to hide his happiness, and admitted that it was hard for him to leave his daughter.

When asked if he was returning to work to earn money for “Xiao Nuo Mi’s” baby formula, he laughed: “No, money is not the most important. This drama hasn’t finished filming, [and I] have already rested for a week, [so] I have to start working now.”

He also revealed the meaning behind the nickname “Xiao Nuo Mi”: My wife’s (Yang Mi) due date was during the Dragon Boat Festival. Moreover, kids are all so cute; hope she will be able to stick to me always, just like “nuo mi (glutinous rice)”.

Yang Mi

Source

Hawick Lau is happy with current status as father
Thursday June 12, 2014 Hong Kong
Source
Posted Image

First time father Hawick Lau is all-smiles every time the topic of his newborn daughter comes up.
The actor, who attended the press conference of his new series, "The Cage of Love" on 9 June, admitted that he is extremely happy and excited about his new status as a father.

"I feel like my life is in balance now that my daughter is born," said the actor, according to Hong Kong's On CC News. "My mind goes elsewhere every time I look at my wife and baby's photos."

Understanding that his responsibilities as a man has now increased, Hawick enthused, "I am a father now. I am just happy to accept this responsibility!"

In regards to their current residential status, Hawick said that wife Yang Mi and the baby will be staying in Hong Kong for the meantime.

The actor also disclosed that Yang Mi has already chosen a name for their little one and will announce it later on.

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Hawick Lau denies buying new apartment for his wifeHawick Lau denies buying new apartment for his wife

Hong Kong-born actor Hawick Lau recently dismissed the rumours that he has bought a new residence for his wife, Yang Mi and their newborn baby.

As reported in Hong Kong's On CC News, previously, it was rumoured that the "Tiny Times" actress has been showing her discomfort of living in a three-bedroom apartment with her in-laws.

As reported, Yang Mi, who used to live in a big mansion in China and is used to having her own privacy found it extremely inconvenient to be living in a smaller space with her father-in-law, Lau Dan and his wife.

Thus, her husband Hawick has reportedly purchased an apartment worth HKD 60 million (approx. USD 7.7 million) for her. Also, it is reported that their original Mid-Levels apartment has been rented out.

However recently, Hawick denied the rumours by telling the media, "Don't believe the reports. We haven't moved out and we didn't rent out our other apartment."

Nonetheless, Hawick said that they do intend to live in the apartment in Mid-Levels by themselves in the future.

Source

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Yang Mi on indefinite hiatusYang Mi on indefinite hiatus

Chinese actress Yang Mi, who gave birth to her first child earlier this month, revealed that she is still not ready to make her comeback.

According to Hong Kong's On CC news, the actress stated that though she will definitely return to showbiz, there is no definite target on when that will be.

"I will only consider making my return after I am fully recovered," said the "Tiny Times" star.

She also said that there is a high possibility of decreasing her acting projects to spend more time with her daughter.

"I have more responsibilities now that I have a child, but I also think I need to work harder so she can have a better life. But a child still needs a mother, so I will definitely plan my schedule so that I have more time for her," said the actress.

This also means that Yang Mi will not be appearing with the other "The Breakup Guru" cast members to promote the upcoming film.

"I used to attend promotions to get the opportunity to socialise with others, but now I only talk to them via Weibo. But it doesn't matter, because my daughter is my everything," Yang Mi added.

Source

Archived