Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ Best Actor (TV) @ BaekSang Arts Awards 2020 - [Upcoming Movie: Rain and Your Story / Current Drama 2021: The Moon Rising River]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny Interview of Kang Haneul & Chun Woohee   about of their career and their new movie "WAITING for RAIN" 

ENGLISH SUBTITLES for this video TOMORROW !! 

*** Yesterday, April 20 the film “Story of You and the Rain” held a press conference.  Kang Ha Neul said in the presscon that the only reason he agreed to do the film was because the script is really good. He also said that year 2003 takes up most of the time in the movie. “Story of the You and the Rain” premieres on April 28. :heart1:

kang-ha-neul.jpeg

202104201612256710_1.jpg

202104201612256710_2.jpg

Uhm Ki Joon, Jo Jung Suk & more: 6 K Drama actors you didn’t know are a part of musical theatres

Ever wondered what made these great actors fit flawlessly into their roles? It’s because they’ve been a part of many, many musical theaters! Check out the whole list below.

feature_musical_main_wm.jpg?itok=rJEwQ2w

With Korean industry housing some of the best talent in the world, it's not surprising to find the vast array of work they have done. With actors being adept at moulding themselves to different genres, it might not be unusual to have missed out on some wonderful works by incredible actors! Especially, when the genre is something totally different from the usual work. Like musicals!

Rather than practicing the lives and having the advantage to do retakes, musicals are live performances where one’s pain, sorrow, happiness or any other emotion is portrayed through singing, dancing and spoken dialogue.

Certainly not easy and not a medium where you can have retakes, musical theatricals aren’t everyone’s cup of tea. But you know for a fact that an actor who can do theatres and musicals, is definitely filled with talent.

Here, we’re bringing you some actors who have and still do musicals. Take a look at the finest K Drama actors who you didn’t know were a part of musicals too! 

Kang Ha Neul

Music flows in his blood and it definitely shows! Being the son of a famous musician, it’s not surprising that Kang Ha Neul has such a high skill set. He started his career with musical plays such as ‘Thrill Me’, ‘Prince Puzzle’ and ‘Black Mary Poppins’. Till now, he has played key roles in famous works such as ‘C’est si bon’, ‘Scarlet Heart: Goryeo’, ‘Midnight Runners’, and theatre production ‘Fantasy Tale’ in 2020. Even though he has stepped into the drama world, he still takes part in musicals. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/uhm-ki-joon-jo-jung-suk-more-6-k-drama-actors-you-didn-t-know-who-are-part-musical-theatres-705826

*** Kang Ha-neul and Kim Kang Hoon after  'When the Camellia Blooms' were reunited in 'Radio Star'. The latter acted as Kang Pil-guike, an 8-year-old boy who plays baseball who is trying to protect his mother.The show airs at 10:30 p.m. KST every Wednesdays. Their episode will be broadcast tonight, April 21. :heart2beat:

20210420130511267mglh.jpg

photo source : https://k-star-holic.blogspot.com/2021/04/kang-ha-neul-x-kim-kang-hoon-met-at.html

Kang Ha Neul And Chun Woo Hee Share How Their New Romance Film Took Them Back To The Past 

On April 20, the new romance film “Story of You and the Rain” (literal title) held a press conference with Kang Ha Neul, Chun Woo Hee, and director Jo Jin Mo.

“Story of You and the Rain” is about the romance between Young Ho (Kang Ha Neul) and So Hee (Chun Woo Hee), who become each other’s sources of comfort through the connection of a chance letter. The movie has an “analog” vibe through its depiction of the exchange of handwritten letters rather than phone calls or text messages.

Kang Ha Neul said, “There was only one reason I agreed to do the film. The script was really good. It felt like it had been a long time since I had read a script for a movie with this atmosphere and tone. I thought a lot about what it was like to write love letters in the past, and tried to recreate those feelings of excitement and anticipation. It was easy to get immersed in the script, and instead of having a big dramatic ending, everything that had been building up until then burst open in small ways.”

Chun Woo Hee said, “I also felt a sense of nostalgia. It’s been a long time since I read a movie synopsis with such quiet emotions. In the past, I took on extreme characters because I wanted to push against my limits, but for this one, the director said he wanted to show a new side of me. I tried to express a more natural side of me for this role.” 

Most of the movie takes place in 2003. Chun Woo Hee said, “There’s a scene that takes place at a school sports day. I liked it when I read about it in the script, but when I saw it in the movie, I realized that this ‘sports day’ that had been part of our daily lives and the source of many happy moments had become quite rare. It was a beautiful scene but it hit me differently. I could remember the days when I was young.” 

Kang Ha Neul said, “Since 2003 takes up most of the time in the movie, I thought a lot about what I was doing in 2003. I think I was in my second year of middle school. It was the year after the 2002 World Cup. I remembered a lot of things from that time. I think the most memorable thing from that time is ‘chicken mayo.’ I had that for the first time then, and it had a big impact on me.” 

About working together in the film, Kang Ha Neul said, “I was really surprised when I met Chun Woo Hee for the first time. I had only seen her in darker projects where she spoke with a much lower tone before. Without knowing it, I had expected her to have a serious vibe, but she was very cute and lovable. There was a sense of surprise on my part.” 

Chun Woo Hee said, “There are actually not very many scenes when we’re together, so instead of feeling a sense of chemistry, I had a lot of faith in him. He’s such a good actor. I didn’t get to see him a lot on set, but when I saw him, I felt that he had a lot of vitality. I was surprised while watching the movie as well.” 

“Story of the You and the Rain” premieres on April 28. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1465207wpp/kang-ha-neul-and-chun-woo-hee-share-how-their-new-romance-film-took-them-back-to-the-past  

Spoiler

*** This picture was posted some days ago on the SNS run by Kim Kang Hoon's mother with a caption - "The Sky I met in a long time".  Both appeared on MBC 'Radio Star' broadcasted last night, April 21st. It is a reunion after two years after they worked together in a drama "When the Camella Blooms".  :happydance:

Kim Kang Hoon reunited with Kang Ha-neul

20210420121042149zscq.jpg

photo source :

https://k-star-holic.blogspot.com/2021/04/its-been-long-time-kim-kang-hoon-kang.html

***  Upcoming film “Happy New Year” (literal title) has finalized its star-studded cast lineup! KHN is one of the cast. The movie centers around the people who come to Hotel Emrose, each with stories of their own, and build new relationships. Other cast are Han Ji Min, Lee Dong Wook, Girls’ Generation’s YoonA, Won Jin Ah, Seo Kang Joon, Lee Kwang Soo, Kim Young Kwang, Go Sung Hee, Lee Jin Wook, Lee Kyu Hyung, Jo Joon Young, Won Ji An, Lee Hye Young, and Jung Jin Young. Isn't this a star-studded great cast, huh?  Kang Ha Neul will play as a job-seeker who has failed the civil service examination for five years. Filming began on April 19, and the movie will be released both in theaters and through TVing. Looking forward to this movie. He has many movies this year. I'm glad that he's so booked and busy.  :cutekitty:

happy-new-year.jpeg

photo source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003719756

Kang Ha-neul, Chun Woo-hee team up in romance film ‘Rain and Your Story’

http://res.heraldm.com/content/image/2021/04/21/20210421000585_0.jpg
From left: Director Jo Jin-mo and actors Chun Woo-hee and Kang Ha-neul pose before the press conference for the upcoming movie “Rain and Your Story” on Tuesday. (Sony Pictures Entertainment Korea)

Kang Ha-neul is returning to the big screen for the first time in three years, teaming up with actor Chun Woo-hee in the romance film “Rain and Your Story,” directed by Jo Jin-mo.

The movie begins with a narration by Young-ho (Kang Ha-neul): ”This is a story about waiting.” Set mostly in 2003, “Rain and Your Story” introduces Young-ho who is studying for his third Suneung, the national college entrance exam, in Seoul. One day, he suddenly decides to write a letter to his elementary schoolmate So-yeon who lives in Busan. However, So-yeon is sick and cannot read the letter. So-yeon’s younger sister So-hee (Chun Woo-hee) reads the letter and starts writing back.

“I have not seen script with this kind of mood in a while. It reminded me of the first time I wrote a love letter. How I had butterflies in my stomach,” Kang said during a press conference held at CGV Yongsan in central Seoul on Tuesday. “This script moved me.”

“I also thought that this was a rare story after reading the script. It has a ‘90s vibe and is not dramatic,” Chun said.

During the press conference, the director introduced his new movie as a prequel to a love story.

“This movie does not tell a story of what happens after falling in love. The story is more about how they arrive at this point, which is love,” Jo said. “Young-ho’s affection slowly piles up through receiving photos and letters from So-hee, along with imaginations that he has about her.”

How the two main characters were able to develop special feelings for each other without knowing each other looked like is also special, Jo added.

The director also talked about his voice making a cameo in a scene where So-hee is in the car with her mom.

“In the car scene, the radio DJ’s voice was mine. I thought that my voice would fit nicely and volunteered to record my voice,” Jo said. “Personally I like the scene.”

Since the movie is mostly set in 2003, the two actors said filming it reminded them of their own childhood.

“As it is set in 2003, I thought about what I did back then. I was attending middle school and it was a year after Korea hosted the 2002 World Cup. Bits of memories of me using things like social media Cyworld, messenger Buddy Buddy all came back,” Kang said.

“This movie also reminded me of 2003 when I was in school. I have this memory of ordering Chinese food jajangmyeon and eating it quickly at the schoolyard. It was a windy day,” Chun said. “Also there is an elementary school field day scene in the movie. As I was watching that scene today, I realized how we took that happy moment for granted.”

“Rain and Your Story” will hit local theaters on April 28.

By Song Seung-hyun (ssh@heraldcorp.com)

credit : Korea Herald

‘Happy New Year’ has a star-studded cast

The cast of ″Happy New Year.″ [CJ ENM]

The cast of ″Happy New Year.″ [CJ ENM]

A constellation of stars including actors Lee Dong-wook and Han Ji-min has been cast for the upcoming romantic comedy “Happy New Year.”

The film is about people with different stories intersecting in a hotel around the new year. Actors Lee, Han, Kang Ha-neul, Lim Yoon-A, Won Jin-A, Seo Kang-joon, Lee Kwang-soo, Kim Young-kwang, Ko Sung-hee, Lee Jin-wook, Lee Kyoo-hyung, Cho Joon-young, Won Ji-an, Lee Hae-young and Jung Jin-young have been cast.

Director Kwak Jae-yong, known for his prior romantic classics such as “My Sassy Girl” (2001), “The Classic” (2003) and “Windstuck” (2004), has signed on to direct.

Hive Media Corporation, which was behind such hits as “Deliver Us From Evil” (2020), “The Man Standing Next” (2020, “Gonjiam: Haunted Asylum” (2018), “The Last Princess” (2016) and “Inside Men” (2015), is producing.

The film is to be released simultaneously in theaters and on local streaming platform Tving.

BY LEE JAE-LIM   [lee.jaelim@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

[INTERVIEW] How Kang Ha-neul invokes feelings of youthful innocence

http://img.koreatimes.co.kr/upload/newsV2/images/202104/772a9fdd09a44ac38be51eca39238d72.jpg/dims/resize/740/optimize
Actor Kang Ha-neul / Courtesy of Kidari ENT

By Kwak Yeon-soo

Kang Ha-neul, who has played a variety of youthful characters in films such as "Twenty" (2015), "C'est Si Bon" (2015) and "Midnight Runners" (2017), is back with another film that inspires feelings of youthful innocence.

In "Waiting for Rain," Kang stars as Young-ho, an unmotivated student who is studying for the college entrance exam for the third time. One day, he sends a letter to his elementary school classmate So-yeon, whom he had crush on, to regain his verve.

On behalf of So-yeon who is ill, her sister So-hee (Chun Woo-hee) writes back and the two continue to exchange letters while trying to sort out their lives. The two agree to meet each other in person if it rains on Dec. 31.

"People call me a youth icon, but I honestly don't know what that means. I think youth is undefinable," he said during an interview with The Korea Times via Zoom, Thursday. "Therefore, I don't choose such characters intentionally. The script is the most important thing when it comes to choosing my next project."

http://img.koreatimes.co.kr/upload/newsV2/images/202104/9e759129a2294b3ead8e6466d495afc2.jpg
Kang Ha-neul in a scene from "Waiting for Rain" / Courtesy of Kidari ENT, Sony Pictures

As the film is mostly set in 2003, Kang said it reminded him of his own childhood and first love. "I still remember the first time I fell in love. I often sent her hand-written letters, adding wise quotes from then-popular social media, Cyworld, to sound smart and serious," he laughed.

Kang explained that "Waiting for Rain" is different from other romance films because the main characters ― Young-ho and So-hee ― communicate entirely through letters that are narrated by both actors. The two impact each other, but they never meet in person.

Moreover, the film focuses on how the two characters fall in love rather than telling what happens after falling in love. Both develop feelings for each other after exchanging letters and small gifts.

"I think this unique characteristic of the film will allow the audience to explore the true meaning of intimacy. For me personally, I feel a film that leaves more room to imagine has a far bigger reach. It lingers on far longer," he said.

The 32-year-old actor shared his thoughts on the big question that arises from the film ― whether you should do what you love or love what you do. "As I grow older, I think about this a lot. Most of all, it's important to just do it. Even if you have regrets, you can't turn back time. So it's best to just believe that you made the right choices and move on," he said.

When asked if he feels burdened by his humble media personality, Kang said he doesn't let himself be swayed by media attention. "I'm not easily weighed down by others' opinions. I have one daily goal, which is to encounter people with a smile each day," he said.

The actor, whose career spans 14 years, said he wishes to take on more interesting roles in the future ― be it a stage play, TV series or film. "I don't have a favorite film genre or platform. Compared to a stage play that requires energy from the beginning to the end as the actors engage with a live audience, film or TV requires focusing on one scene at a time," he said.

"Waiting for Rain" will hit local theaters, April 28.

credit : Korea Times

*** Kang Ha Neul recently made an appearance on MBC’s Radio Star, where he was asked about a picture of him and IU. This was during the press conference for "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" where they posed for photos onstage. A reporter asked them to get closer and link arms together for a better visual. As IU extends her arm out, Kang Ha Neul is seen crossing his own arms together! Everyone in the show wanted to know the reason behind why he posed like that! Kang Ha Neul revealed that the thing he did with IU was only a joke! He also stated that after his joke, he immediately linked arms with IU.  :luvarrow:

bhRyEPKG4e-2AvZoV_olYE7BZNfcYLgsNEo_CV6l

lhMYs5MPNzJfJ6hH4mAsEru3NU8_3ylrVfZViajf5C4iTaRFqHvxDwlPzE7ByZMCjRatSexXLVC19FW6UEQhayL-gZuwwV3cVFq3Lmx09JZXSPU=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

-zJuIdex4SHwEO7MZpVBfWyc6VrDivJZ-BH9Oc0rIpJKv7WZffo8E-4qTA2vYFYdk9OD7cfj2-9NjWH8BCSc6SLwG4zO0o-t0b1BCMTH0xV4wKc=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Spoiler

MORE --

*** When KHN came as a guest on 'Radio Star' they also talked about his experience when his SNS got hacked in the past. He said, "At that time, a lot of people called me while I was sleeping. When I asked them why, they said that there was adult advertisement uploaded on my account. I deleted the post after I had verified my account since I could not clearly remember my password. I believe everything happens for a reason. That's what I think. Thanks to him, I changed my password to something stronger." However, he revealed that he has now erased his social media account. :takemymoney:

video source : https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2021/04/22/kang-haneul-talks-about-his-reaction-when-his-sns-got-hacked-surprises-everyone-with-his-calm-and-kind-personality-391209

Kang Haneul is in RADIO STAR (MBC talk show)

WAITING FOR RAIN (movie 28 april 2021) with Kang Haneul 

Spoiler

*** During the presscon of his upcoming movie, Kang Ha Neul shared that he used to write cheesy love letters to his past GFs. He said that they were the kind of letters that you would see on social media 10 years ago. During the interview, one reporter also mentioned hearing about a love letter in the movie being written by Kang Ha Neul himself. He confirmed that he wrote the letter that's why, he was able to draw himself more into his character. Meanwhile, 'Waiting for Rain' is to hit the theaters on April 28. :blush:

• Awesome 1

*** There is a new Korean film dropping soon, and it features KHN entitled "Happy New Year". Lee Dong Wook is also part of the cast.  I'm happy to see my favorite drama actors work together.  The film will be under CJ Entertainment and has an endearing plot. Kang Ha Neul is notable for his roles in many dramas  and in many different films. Needless to say, he can act in all sorts of capacity. At present, it is not yet known when this movie release date will be. However, it might not take that long, since it was already reported that the filming has already started earlier this month. Looking forward to this.  :emmm:

For Your Viewing Pleasure: Savouring Spring

The pleasures of spring comes with its vibrant colours that uplifts the spirits. The breath of fresh air this season brings comes through in the lightly pastel fashion choices of Kassy, Kang Ha-neul, and IZ*ONE‘s Minju.

20210427_seoulbeats_kanghaneul_marieclai

20210427_seoulbeats_kanghaneulchunwoohee

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : seoulbeats