UPDATED-Nick Lachey and Vanessa Lachey welcome second child

sugarplum892

itemprop="headline" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; word-wrap: break-word; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Nick Lachey: 'Vanessa Lachey and I want more kids'
Nick Lachey has said that he and Vanessa Lachey are looking forward to having more kids.
The 98 Degrees star and his wife will celebrate their son Camden John Lachey's first birthday in September.
Vanessa Minnillo and Nick Lachey

Nick recently revealed to Extra that he and Vanessa have plans to expand their family in the future.
"We definitely want to have more kids," the musician declared.
The 'Thank God I Found You' singer also discussed the prospect of turning 40 years old in November.
"Maybe it is because I'm incredibly immature, but 40 doesn't intimidate me the way even 30 did," he said. "It is actually the best time in my life, so turning 40 is going to be a celebration and life has never been better or more exciting."
Lachey recently suggested that becoming a father completely changed his outlook on life.
Source

• 11 months later...

itemprop="headline" style="font-family: ProximaNova-Light, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 2.25em; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: inherit; line-height: 1.11111em; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); word-wrap: break-word; letter-spacing: -1px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Nick Lachey, Vanessa Lachey announce pregnancy: 'It's a girl!'Nick Lachey and wife Vanessa Lachey are expecting their second child together.
The former 98 Degrees singer announced the news that the couple, who are already parents to son Camden, were having a girl.
Writing on Twitter earlier today (July 15), the 40-year-old said: "Can't think of a better way to celebrate 3 years of marriage to my beautiful @VanessaLachey than this! #family"
Alongside the message was a picture of Camden on a beach with the words 'It's a girl' written in the sand.
View image on Twitter

Last year, Lachey expressed his desire to have more children.
"We definitely want to have more kids," he said. "Maybe it is because I'm incredibly immature, but 40 doesn't intimidate me the way even 30 did.
"It is actually the best time in my life, so turning 40 is going to be a celebration and life has never been better or more exciting."
Source

• 3 months later...

class="headline" id="yui_3_16_0_1_1415919874179_942" style="font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 35px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 300; line-height: 42px; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; margin: 0px; padding-top: 15px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-right: 40px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Why Nick Lachey Is Glad He Never Had Kids with Jessica SimpsonNick Lachey is happy to be a parent, just not with his ex-wife Jessica Simpson.
During his interview on Jenny McCarthy's Sirius XM show Dirty, Sexy, Funny on Wednesday, the former 98 Degrees singer admitted that he's grateful that he waited to have kids with his current wife Vanessa Lachey and did not have any with Simpson, who he was married to from 2002 to 2006. 
"In our situation, that was probably the best thing that could have ever happened that we didn't have kids," he said bluntly. "And look, you're always going to love your kids no matter how you feel about their other parent, but all things being equal, it was the best thing probably for both of us that we went on with our lives."
Both Lachey and Simpson have remarried. Simpson has two children, Maxwell and Ace, with her husband Eric Johnson, while Lachey and his wife have one son, Camden, and a baby on the way. "She's obviously happily married with two and I'm happily married and about to have two so it all worked out the way it was kind of meant to work out," the 41-year-old Big Morning Buzz host added of his ex.
While other exes in Hollywood seem pretty friendly (i.e. Michael Sheen and Kate Beckinsale), Lachey says he and Simpson have not stayed in touch. "She and I don't necessarily stay in each other's lives," he told McCarthy. "I wouldn't say it's friends and I wouldn't say it's enemies - there is just no contact. We both moved on with our lives…it's not animosity, it's not friendship, it's just kind of nothing."

In addition to talking in detail about his ex, Lachey also made some TMI comments about getting intimate with his pregnant wife. "You get to this point, you've got to get very creative with your positioning," he quipped. "[but], I'm not sure she's that comfortable right now with much of anything, including sex, it's been an uncomfortable time when you get into the last month and a half."
He added, "It was my birthday weekend this [past] weekend though, so I did howl at the moon a couple times."
Lachey and his wife Vanessa announced they were expecting their second child this past July by tweeting a photo of the words "it's a girl" written in the sand.
Source

• 1 month later...

itemprop="headline" style="font-family: ProximaNova-Light, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 2.25em; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: inherit; line-height: 1.11111em; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-stretch: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); word-wrap: break-word; letter-spacing: -1px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Nick Lachey and Vanessa Lachey welcome second childNick Lachey and Vanessa Lachey have welcomed a second child.
Vanessa gave birth to a baby daughter named Brooklyn Elisabeth Lachey on Monday (January 5). Brooklyn's older brother Camden John arrived back in September 2012.
The couple confirmed the news of Brooklyn's birth on Vanessa's official website.
Vanessa wrote: "Nick, Camden and I are so excited to announce the birth of our sweet, beautiful baby girl, Brooklyn Elisabeth Lachey! She was born January 5, 2015 at 5.17pm.

Nick Lachey Vanessa Lachey, April 2012

"She weighed in at 7lbs15oz, is 21 inches long and has already won over all of our hearts… I have been dreaming of this moment for as long as I can remember, the day I was going to meet my little girl. 
"A friend recently told me how magical today was going to be because it's the day I would meet my best friend. I can't even begin to tell you how it felt to hold her in my arms for the very first time. Mommy, daddy and big brother Cam love you so much already, Brooklyn!"
The couple announced that they were expecting their second child last July, several months after Nick revealed that he was ready for more kids.

Source

Archived