Unit 731 atrocities- this video will blow your mind! Worse than the Nazis!

MakahaMusic

I already knew about Unit 731, the collection of totally unethical Japanese doctors and scientists, doing vivisection without anesthesia, amputating arms and then re-attaching the left arm to the right side and the right arm to the left side and seeing what happens when the victim recovers, and other horrible things to Chinese men, women and children restrained on an operating table, but I didn't know that the History Channel made a documentary about it.

There are some other things that I learned about unit 731 that I didn't know, like just how much the United States played a role in it's cover up, but the end result is the same.

They did stuff that was worse than what the Nazi doctors did. (In fact, the historian in the video says that the German 'Dr. Death' could learn a lot from General Ishii--the head of Unit 731)
I mean we are talking about the WORST war crimes in the entire history of mankind!! The Japanese of that generation were the worst ever! And that's coming from someone who is 1/4 Japanese (I'm also 1/2 Chinese, and a 1/4 native Hawaiian). At one point when I found out about it, I wanted to disown my Japanese heritage.  I feel so sorry for the Chinese of that time--Unit 731 and the Nanking Massacre, they suffered so much.

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgtIyNRv3g8

And shame on the USA for their role in it's cover up!

I don't understand why the soldiers of the Imperial Japanese Army were so brutal.  I mean wherever they went in the Pacific, there were massacres--the Alexandra Hospital massacre, Manila Massacre, the Bataan death march, etc, etc.  I used to feel so sorry for Japan because of the atomic bomb use on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and angry at the USA for using it, but now, I think that the two atomic bomb attacks was really just Karma.  I mean watch the video above and then tell me, that Japan didn't deserve the atomic bombs.

Guest Boomx2Brian

rhey didnt deserve the atomic bomb. There I said it. Its one thing to say the officials that declared the war deserve to die but the citizens had little say in it. Its unfair to blame the people as a whole for the choices made by the few.

Since you share some of their blood, I guess we should kill you too right? Nah. You didnt do anything, so dont fret on it. Let the guilty ones feel guilty.

Its cruel to say a country deserved to have a bomb dropped on them just becauae their government was acting a fool.

Every war had something wrong done and the US always covers up richard simmons, thats nothing new. Every country has bad history. Really disturbing history but history nonetheless.

Only thing that can be done is to try and not repeat history (but with how things are going, that may just be happening again. Sigh)

Also, if you wanna use karma for Japan, I guess 9/11 was karma for the US for all the wrong they did, right?

Guest Boomx2Brian

Boomx2Brian said:

rhey didnt deserve the atomic bomb. There I said it. Its one thing to say the officials that declared the war deserve to die but the citizens had little say in it. Its unfair to blame the people as a whole for the choices made by the few.Since you share some of their blood, I guess we should kill you too right? Nah. You didnt do anything, so dont fret on it. Let the guilty ones feel guilty.

But what about the parents of these doctors, scientists, nurses?

Didn't they teach them to respect human life, and that life is precious?

It wasn't just a few.  I haven't heard of a single kind thing said about the soldiers of the Imperial Japanese Army.  It was just brutality, brutality, brutality

Not to mention most of them were rapists too.  In interviews after the war, veterans of the IJA in Nanking and other Chinese cities that said all the soldiers raped the Chinese women.  ALL the soldiers!!  It wasn't just a few.

What did their parents teach them?  They were at least partlly responsible.  That's why I don't feel sorry for the citizens of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.  Did you know what the Japanese soldiers did to the Chinese women and children in Nanking?

You just completely ignored the point of my post. Blame the perpetrator not the people who happen to share the same ethnicity. Being japanese doesnt make you guilty. Killing someone makes you guilty.

You need to stop lumping them together as if the citizens somehow had a say in what a few high ranking officials decided to do.

Boomx2Brian said:

MakahaMusic

wrote:

»

Boomx2Brian said:

rhey didnt deserve the atomic bomb. There I said it. Its one thing to say the officials that declared the war deserve to die but the citizens had little say in it. Its unfair to blame the people as a whole for the choices made by the few.Since you share some of their blood, I guess we should kill you too right? Nah. You didnt do anything, so dont fret on it. Let the guilty ones feel guilty.

It wasn't just a few.  I haven't heard of a single kind thing said about the soldiers of the Imperial Japanese Army.  It was just brutality, brutality, brutality

Not to mention most of them were rapists too.  In interviews after the war, veterans of the IJA in Nanking and other Chinese cities that said all the soldiers raped the Chinese women.  ALL the soldiers!!  It wasn't just a few.

What did their parents teach them?  They were at least partlly responsible.  That's why I don't feel sorry for the citizens of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.  Did you know what the Japanese soldiers did to the Chinese women and children in Nanking?

Guest Boomx2Brian

MakahaMusic said: Boomx2Brian said:

MakahaMusic

wrote:

»

Boomx2Brian said:

Guest ZoidbergMD

So the parents of the millions of Japanese soldiers in the Imperial Japanese Army were zero percent responsible for how their sons acted?

@MakahaMusic
Sometimes as a parent you have no control over how your child turns out. Only so much of a person is environmental, part of it has very much to do with genetics and imbalances within the brain. Chances of your son or daughter being exactly as you envision them are slim, they have minds of their own and their own character. We cannot prove either way if the family taught morals and ethics to their children.

I think @Boomx2Brian put it simply enough.

While we can agree what occurred is an atrocity it happened at a time when there was less control over world affairs and basic human rights were still being fought for. What does hating a race or culture now do for you? Do you feel satisfaction in perpetuating the hate that is at the root of these crimes? Or do you accept history as something immovable and learn to live a more grateful life for what freedom we have.

In every war this happens its enhuman in our eyes but thats reality. Every country that has suffer war has suffer these violence actions. No one deserve to die but karma does strike back. As a chinese decedent I knew of these happening along time ago. But we cannot do anything regarding these its in the past. The memories of hatrd will forever be in our hearts but as time moves on we'll forget it as generation overpass the next. Rip to those who've died

• 2 weeks later...

I guess what's so hard to accept is how humans can be so cruel to each other.  It's so disturbing.  I mean animals can be cruel, but humans are scarier than animals, because we're smart--we can scheme, plan.
On another note, I don't think all Japanese of that time were bad.  I mean Japanese-Americans were awesome, and honorable.  I mean look at the 442nd Infantry Regiment during World War 2, which was composed solely of Japanese-Americans (well with a couple of Korean-Americans), and the 442nd was the most decorated American Army unit....in the entire history of the U.S. Army!!  They earned 21 Medals of Honor.  21!  You're lucky if you get just one Medal of Honor per Division.  The 442nd was just a regiment-sized unit and it had 21 Medals of Honor!  That's just mind boggling.  Not to mention they earned 52 Distinguished Service Crosses and 560 Silver Stars--all incredible numbers.  Some say the reason they were so brave was that they wanted to prove their loyalty to their own country the USA.
All this, while their families were in internment camps on the West Coast because they were not trusted by the U.S. Government because they were at war with Japan.  It's quite an amazing story.Here's an article on Wikipedia about the 442nd:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/442nd_Infantry_Regiment_(United_States)

So obviously it wasn't the Japanese race/ethnicity that was the problem.  I think it was just Japanese culture in Japan that was at least partly responsible for how the IJA turned out.  I mean compare/contrast the Imperial Japanese Army soldiers who were the most brutal soldiers of all time, with the Japanese-Americans of the 442nd regiment who were some of the most awesome and honorable soldiers of all time.
I don't know how true it is, but I've read that part of the reason that the IJA soldiers were so brutal was because of their belief in Bushido, and that because American/Allied soldiers would sometimes surrender while IJA soldiers very rarely ever surrendered, the Americans were looked down on, so that's why they beat up/abused American POWs etc.Also, I've read that Japanese officers of the IJA would regularly beat up the enlisted men of the IJA, to make them mean and brutal.

• 2 weeks later...

There was something that I found out about recently regarding Japan of that time.  Most people know about Oskar Schindler who saved many Jews during WW2.  But I found out recently about Chiune Sugihara, who was the Consul for the Empire of Japan in Lithuania.  He was responsible for saving over 6,000 Jews, because he could issue transit visas to Jews to go to Japan to escape the Nazis.Here's the story about him, which is quite amazing.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiune_Sugihara

So he was at least one good man in the Empire of Japan at the time.Of course, he wasn't a soldier in the Imperial Japanese Army, where officers regularly beat up enlisted men to make them mean and cruel, so that wasn't the military culture he came from.In a time where most in Japan were robots worshiping the Emperor and doing whatever he said including murdering in the name of the Emperor, Sugihara thought for himself and did the right thing.
But it was kind of bizarre when you think about it, because at that time the Japanese saw the Chinese as subhuman.  Meanwhile Japan's ally, Germany, saw the Jews as subhuman.  But the Jews were welcome in Japan during WW2, but not the Chinese.  I don't know, I think the conclusion from all of this is....maybe just the human race taken as a whole is just majorly ***d up

• 4 months later...
Guest michaeljamess

What did the civilians do to deserve bombs?

________________________________________________http://www.mmo2k.com/FIFA-14-2515/

Archived