I'm have feelings for a guy friend, but..

endlessxlove

I'm interested in one of my guy friends, sometimes I feel like he feels the same way, sometimes not, it's really confusing. Me and him treat each other in a hate playful way most of the times, so it can be hard to know. Usually when I'm interested in someone I get over them pretty quick, but for some reason, I can't help but keep having feelings for him. Like I would like him, but then I would just forget about it for a week, see him again and have these feelings come back. Me and him have been friends for a few months now, we don't go to the same school, we hang out quite a bit and a lot of people think we're close, but we're not really. I don't know, I have never hanged out with a guy that is not my close close guy friend like this before..To be honest I don't really know if I should, because firstly like, he use to like one of my good friends, but she didn't like him in that way, and I think he still kind of likes her. Secondly, he talks to chicks, he shows me and even talks about how 'he gets LGs'. Thirdly, he's can be so immature and heartless. Like I know that like he can be like that, but for some reason, I keep liking him, I don't understand why!One of my friend said that he's a guy that is 'good for laughs', but still it doesn't stand in the way of my feelings. Maybe I'm just being idiotic?I don't really know what to do, help me or at least what should I do? Should I tell him?

Guest yora

It seems as if he sees as "one of the guys" only. Especially since he shares all of his stuff with you.  There are pros and cons with this type of situation.  If you do tell him, make sure it doesn't jeopardize your friendship.  And if you don't tell him, it's best if you just end your friendship because you'll just feel as if you're leading yourself on wanting to let him like you.  Think carefully before you take action.  I don't blame you for having this type of feeling.

For example: My mom and dad met through a friend of my mom's.  My mom was my dad's messenger to get at my mom's friend.  My mom was at the age of 10 or so while my dad was 16. (In the old days where AGE GAP was fine).  My mom's friend didn't have feelings for my dad so she avoided my dad.  In the end, my dad started having feelings for my mom; even when my mom was still immature and mean towards him.  So he ended up talking with my mom. And when my mom was 13, they got married, and flew to America together.

Guest HERMIT

Eh, I say just bide your time and see if these feelings will eventually subside.  Honestly, your post seems rife with a sort of "contrasting/opposites attract" vibe with your feelings based on certain notions - but not rooted in anything really substantial.  In other words, I find nothing arguably positive in the way you describe your overall relationship with him; rather, you actually describe negative aspects about him or his background that for some inexplicable reason, are willing to overlook.  So chew on that observation for a while before you seriously decide to act on anything.  My gut feeling is that you are just going through some infatuation phase over this guy that's maybe taking a long time for you to get past.  In the meantime, focus on what exactly are the positive qualities that he brings - because ultimately, if you decide you want to pursue hooking up with him, it should be based on those qualities rather than all that riff-raff you've described in your OP.  If it turns out you can't categorically identify any redeeming qualities - or even basic commonalities between you two - then for crying out loud move on and don't get hung up on it.

You need to find out if he thinks of you as just a friend or not.If you can't then you need to personally ask him.
If he thinks of you as a friend, chances are he won't be your boyfriendIf he does not then you can extend your relationship with him from there.
Or if you are like me and don't like multiple choiceTake him out on a date and ask him outFastest way to find out and fastest way to get over things without wasting timeBut most people don't do it like me and I just don't know why

HERMIT said: Eh, I say just bide your time and see if these feelings will eventually subside.  Honestly, your post seems rife with a sort of "contrasting/opposites attract" vibe with your feelings based on certain notions - but not rooted in anything really substantial.  In other words, I find nothing arguably positive in the way you describe your overall relationship with him; rather, you actually describe negative aspects about him or his background that for some inexplicable reason, are willing to overlook.  So chew on that observation for a while before you seriously decide to act on anything.  My gut feeling is that you are just going through some infatuation phase over this guy that's maybe taking a long time for you to get past.  In the meantime, focus on what exactly are the positive qualities that he brings - because ultimately, if you decide you want to pursue hooking up with him, it should be based on those qualities rather than all that riff-raff you've described in your OP.  If it turns out you can't categorically identify any redeeming qualities - or even basic commonalities between you two - then for crying out loud move on and don't get hung up on it.

when u apply to college, u apply even if u think there is a tiny chance, somtimes even when u think there is no chance, cuz that way u wont regret it with "maybe i could have" 
it cost liek 50 bucks per app right? but ppl still do it...
saying u have feelings for some one is FREE! that logic..

flysolo. said: You need to find out if he thinks of you as just a friend or not.If you can't then you need to personally ask him.
If he thinks of you as a friend, chances are he won't be your boyfriendIf he does not then you can extend your relationship with him from there.
Or if you are like me and don't like multiple choiceTake him out on a date and ask him outFastest way to find out and fastest way to get over things without wasting timeBut most people don't do it like me and I just don't know why

ajlee613 said: when u apply to college, u apply even if u think there is a tiny chance, somtimes even when u think there is no chance, cuz that way u wont regret it with "maybe i could have" 
it cost liek 50 bucks per app right? but ppl still do it...
saying u have feelings for some one is FREE! that logic..

chances are AT LEAST 1 out of every 10 girls out there in your age group would date you. if you are having trouble, if you aggressivly put the bait out to every girl, and u talk to like 50 girls at a time, chances are at least 5 will be really into you.
and these are pretty conservative numbers. i think more like 1/3 girls would probably be up for it.
and once u start dating girls, its like women can smell it, they will start flocking to you. and getting girls becomes the easy part. now the REAL hard part is finding a girl who will date you, and who is looking for something long term, who is loyal and disciplined, who has life and career goals that can be accomplished along side yours, who YOU like as well, and all these other factors.
unless u go for asian girls of asian culture, it is very dififcult in our age range to find a westernized girl who prioritizes family, marriage, future. most westernized girls in the early to mid 20's either prioritize partying, their own appearance, or their career.
many the prettier korean female friends i grew up around have gotten married around the ages of 21 - 24. men more from around 23-28. in western culture, you just dont see that type of long term romance and commitment

Archived