[Official] JYJ Park Yoo Chun - 박유천 (Singer, Songwriter, and Actor) Thread

Guest JPhylls

[NEWS] 170215 ‘Lucid Dream’ Director Kim Joon-sung, “Park Yuchun ‘This Man’ is needed, he did well in acting”

2017021516040811920-540x810.jpg%7Eoriginal

‘Lucid Dream’’s director, Director Kim Joon-sung, explained about Park Yuchun’s character role.
The movie ‘Lucid Dream’ (directed by Kim Joon-sung, produced by Road Pictures) held a press screening and its press conference at CGV Wangsimni in Haengdang-dong, Seongdong-gu, Seoul on the 15th. At the location, lead actors Go Soo and Sol Kyung-gu, and Kang Hye-jung participated; together with Director Kim Joon-sung.
In the film Park Yuchun undertook the part of ‘This Man’, a mysterious man who is discovered when he appeared in ‘Dae-ho’(Go Soo)’s dreams. He plays a role as the presence who instructs the shared-dreaming form of ‘Dae-ho’.

2.jpg%7Eoriginal

Director Kim Joon-sung, who undertook the directing of ‘Lucid Dream’, spoke about actor Park Yuchun: “‘This Man’ himself in the lucid dreams is a popular, interesting character for dream-maniacs,” and, “‘This Man’ is needed to explain lucid dreams and shared-dreaming. Park Yuchun did well serving as a medium. I think he’s good at disappearing and appearing (in the film)”.
The movie is a memory-trace SF thriller where Dae-ho (Go Soo) –a reporter who specializes in the corruption charges of large conglomerates– uses ‘lucid dreams’ to look for his son who was deliberately kidnapped 3 years prior, and chases after the criminal by finding clues inside hidden memories.
‘Lucid dreaming’ refers to whether you perceive the fact it is a dream in the midst of you having a dream, being aware of the fact it is a dream from the beginning, or when a person controls his/her dream while he/she is having a dream in the first place.
‘Lucid Dream’ will open this [February] 22nd.

Sources: Tenasia + GET IT K  
Translated by: rilanna of JYJ3  
Shared by: JYJ3

JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News Week of 2/13- 2/19/2017 http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2017/02/jyj-news-week-of-213-2192017.html?spref=tw

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Lucid Dream, Park Yuchun JYJ, Go Soo, SF 스릴러)

TongTongTv 통통영상

JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News Week of 2/13- 2/19/2017 http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2017/02/jyj-news-week-of-213-2192017.html?spref=tw

[INTERVIEWS] 170216 Actor Go Soo talked about acting with Yuchun in ‘Lucid Dream’

Go Soo “Park Yuchun is very attractive as This Man in ‘Lucid Dream’, is a hero”

photo AEN20170216010300315_02_i.jpg

Go Soo conveyed his impression from working alongside with Park Yuchun.
Ahead of movie ‘Lucid Dream”s opening, Go Soo said, “‘This Man’ is a very ominous character. I liked having worked alongside in acting with Park Yuchun,” in an interview conducted at one of Samcheong-dong’s cafes in Seoul on the 16th.
Go Soo explained, “As you know when watching the movie, isn’t the character ‘This Man’ so attractive? Even when I looked at the script, I thought ‘This Man’ is really good. He is a real hero no matter how I look at it. He can come and go freely from in dreams.”

‘Lucid Dream’ Go Soo “like acting alongside with Park Yuchun, his character was appealing”

photo 201702160957258966557_20170216095820_01.jpg

‘Lucid Dream’ Go Soo conveyed his impression from working alongside with Park Yuchun.
Actor Go Soo did an interview for movie ‘Lucid Dream’ and told a backstory about having worked alongside with Park Yuchun, to Herald POP at one of Palpan-dong’s cafe in Seoul on the 16th.
On this day Go Soo said about working alongside with Park Yuchun, “I really like the character This Man. As you know when watching the movie, he is really attractive. I liked acting and working alongside with him,” and, “Even when I looked at the script, I thought the character ‘This Man is good. It is charming how he can come and go freely from in people’s dreams”.
Following, about attention being on the part whether or not the opening was postponed because of the controversy over Park Yuchun’s private life, Go Soo explained it’s not because of Park Yuchun: “In any case seeing that ‘Lucid Dream’ has a lot of scenes being in dreams, there are so many CG effects needed. To raise its completion in post-production, it came down to the movie’s opening being a little behind. The CG effects are good in term of immersion. It seems the scene where the building was collapsing and expressions were done well”.

‘Lucid Dream’ Go Soo “Park Yuchun not to blame for the opening being late..Liked working together with him”

photo 201702161043406710_1.jpg

Go Soo said about working alongside with Park Yuchun: “I really liked the character ‘This Man’ since looking at the script,” and, “It was fun also working alongside with Park Yuchun-ssi. As you know when watching the movie, isn’t he very attractive”.
Following, at the end on there also being opinions that Park Yuchun’s sex scandal affected the movie opening getting delayed, Go Soo denied it, saying, “As our movie has a lot of scenes being in dreams, there are so many CG in them. It came down to it [the opening] being a little behind because of its [the movie’s] completion in post-production”.

Sources: Naver + Herald POP + Newsen Translated by: rilanna of JYJ3

Actor says film ‘Lucid Dream’ is all about paternal love

By Shim Sun-ah
SEOUL, Feb. 16 (Yonhap) — The new Korean film “Lucid Dream” might be reminiscent of the 2010 Hollywood sci-fi movie “Inception” for dealing with dreams but is, at its heart, a story of paternal love, its lead actor Go Soo said Thursday.
“I think this film is easier than ‘Inception’ and has quite a lot of things to see given its relatively low budget and other conditions,” the actor said during an interview at a Seoul cafe with members of the local press, including Yonhap News Agency.
The upcoming film tells the story of a broadcasting reporter named Dae-ho who slips into his own dreams with help from a psychiatrist to find clues to track down the kidnapper of his little boy taken three years ago.
[…]
Singer-actor Park Yu-chun from the popular K-pop boy band JYJ plays an unnamed mysterious man in a black suit who confuses Dae-ho by abruptly appearing in his lucid dreams and later in the real world. Encountered in the real world, the man lets the protagonist know of “shared dreaming.”
Park’s “This Man” is an important character who holds the key to Dae-ho’s destiny, Go said.
“It is a very attractive character that freely moves between dreams and the real world. It was fun to work with him and I think he delivered the role in a charming way.”

Source: Yonhap News  

“Lucid Dream” Director Praises Park Yoochun, Calls Him An “Actor, Not Idol”

park yoochun 2

Director Kim Joon Sung of “Lucid Dream” sat down recently for an interview about the upcoming film with news outlet Sports Chosun. In the interview, he was full of praise for JYJ’s Park Yoochun, who plays the mysterious man that appears in the dreams of lead character Dae Ho (Go Soo).
Kim Joon Sung first revealed that he had initially intended for Park Yoochun’s role to be just a cameo.
“I thought it was a great honor when Park Yoochun joined ‘Lucid Dream.’ He had high value as an actor after he swept distinguished awards in Korea with ‘Sea Fog.’ The production team and I wanted to give such a Park Yoochun to the audience as a surprise gift. Back then, Kim Soo Hyun and U-Know Yunho‘s surprise cameos in ‘Miss Granny’ and ‘Ode to My Father‘ [respectively] attracted public attention, so we wanted to continue [that kind of] effect. But the casting was revealed too early, so it could not be a surprise gift anymore,” he explained.
park yoochun
He then went on to praise the actor, saying, “I had a general prejudice against idols, but it disappeared because of Park Yoochun. Worrying, his breathing when running, and his gaze, the acting was all that of an actor. He shines clearly as the actor Park Yoochun, instead of the singer Park Yoochun.”
The director continued, “Of course, there was the controversy about his incident before the film release, but I wasn’t worried. The points that Park Yoochun showed in the movie were so good, I had confidence that [the film] would not be affected by the scandal. It’s a pity that he could not attend the [press] preview, but he and I both support each other in our hearts. I hope we can meet again in the future with a good character and a good production.”
“Lucid Dream” opens in Korean theaters on February 22.
Source (1)
Soompi

[NEWS] 170216 Park Yuchun, two distinct faces as ‘Lucid Dream’ This Man

photo 112232_138093_5522.jpg

Movie ‘Lucid Dream’ will be released. The part people are interested in as much as the fresh material on lucid dreaming is actor Park Yuchun’s performance.
Park Yuchun will be appearing as This Man in movie ‘Lucid Dream’. He turns up in the dreams of Dae-ho(Go Soo) –who tries lucid dreams to look for clues about the criminal who kidnapped his son–. But as a mysterious man who appears in Dae-ho’s dreams, he takes off in a hurry and causes Dae-ho to be more confused. Afterwards he comes to face-to-face with Dae-ho in the real world, and as the person who divulges about shared-dreaming, he is the hidden character in the movie.
At Park Yuchun’s return to the big screen, interests in it were gathered since last year. Although Park Yuchun, who is in the middle of serving his military service currently, could not be in attendance at the movie’s official promotions, the interests in his ability and acting have been amassing.
According to Director Kim Joon-sung, there wasn’t additional editing in respect to Park Yuchun. Director Kim said, “This Man is an interesting character who drifts between the dreams of people who are well-informed about lucid dreaming,” and, “Park Yuchun immersed himself well into the role of This Man. I am grateful to him. I didn’t attempt to make additional edits”.
In the movie Park Yuchun demonstrated 100% of his ability as an actor he’s proven up to date. From different visuals in reality and dreams to his acting tone[/style], he completely immersed him in different characters. He expressed a unique character who is close to an eccentric person and doesn’t stand out; and moving freely as he pleases among dreams, he subjectively creates the mysterious character This Man.
Although there is a small amount of him compared to Go Soo, Sol Kyung-gu, and Kang Hye-jung in ‘Lucid Dream’, Park Yuchun unquestionably demonstrated his imperative presence. He will unfold acting worthy of the title of an actor who is paid attention to by Chungmuro.
Now there is only the public’s evaluation left. There is much attention indeed with Park Yuchun as an actor through a more mature acting shown in ‘Lucid Dream’, receiving the public’s interests.
Meanwhile movie ‘Lucid Dream’, including Park Yuchun, stars Go Soo, Sol Kyung-gu, Kang Hye-jung, Park In-hwan, and Chun Ho-jin. It is set to be released on this coming [February] 22nd.

Source: SPOTV STAR  

[OTHER INSTAGRAM] 170220 BTS photo of Yuchun on the set of ‘Lucid Dream’

[PHOTO] @ 코엑스 메가박스
핸드폰에 꽁꽁 숨겨놨드만 #말도많고탈도많고
현수기사님,김박감독님 지2,종자이,누리 모두 고생하셨슈
#루시드드림 #고수 #박유천 #시사회 #22일개봉
instagram.com/p/BAZtVRaDz9w/
[TRANS]
@ Megabox COEX
Kept hidden tightly in my phone #somanyproblemsonends
[…]
#LucidDream #GoSoo #ParkYuchun #preview #opening_on_22nd
photo 16583856_735005933343130_1928041124463640576_n.jpg
Source: cantabilegram  

[NEWS] 170222 ‘Lucid Dream’, Netflix bought beforehand and sign distribution contract

photo 113679_139857_3905.jpg

Movie ‘Lucid Dream’ signed a licensing contract, domestically and overseas, with Netflix.
‘Lucid Dream’ plans to be exclusively offered in 190 Netflix-serviced countries all around the world, except for Korea, through Netflix; and can be seen on Netflix in Korea after its theatrical premiere. It is the second time, following ‘Pandora'(2016), that Netflix bought in advance a Korean film’s global copyright and decided on distribution all around the world.
‘Lucid Dream’ undertook many short film directing and was awarded at all sorts of distinguished film festivals domestically. As the first screened movie of Director Kim Joon-sung whose name is known, it totally mobilized esteemed actors of Chungmuro, the likes of Go Soo, Sol Kyung-gu, and Kang Hye-jung.
Vice President of communications for Netflix Asia, Jessica Lee, said: “We are looking forward to ‘Lucid Dream’ becoming a movie that’ll receive great love from audiences all around the world through Netflix”.
Meanwhile movie ‘Lucid Dream’ is currently playing in theaters.

Source: SPOTV STAR  

[PIC] 170222 Next Entertainment World (NEW) Facebook Update – ‘Lucid Dream’: Who’s This Man?

한 마디로 남의 꿈을 해킹하는 거예요. 수많은 사람들의 꿈에 공통적으로 나타나는 디스맨! 공유몽의 존재를 알리며 중요한 단서를 제공하는데...

“In a word, I’ll be hacking a person’s dream.”
This Man who commonly appears in a lot of people’s dreams!
He instructs the presences in shared-dreaming and provides vital clues…

Source: NEW FB  
Translation by: rilanna of JYJ3  
Shared by: JYJ3

[NEWS] 170220 The real reasons that ‘Lucid Dream’ tried to conceal Park Yuchun as its hidden card

photo 201702201616278352691_20170220170032_01.jpg

‘Lucid Dream’ has its reasons for choosing Park Yuchun as its hidden card.
When it came to choosing the “hidden card” in movie ‘Lucid Dream’ (directing by Kim Joon-sung/production by Road Pictures), they decisively were able to choose Park Yuchun and Park In-hwan. ‘Lucid Dream’ is a memory-trace SF thriller movie where Dae-ho(Go Soo) uses lucid dreams to look for his son who was methodically kidnapped 3 years ago, to look for clues hidden in his memories and chases after the criminal.
Commonly appearing in the dreams of many people around the world, it is Park Yuchun who leaves a strong presence with the role of “This Man” in the set-up of shared-dreaming being done. Why did ‘Lucid Dream’ choose Park Yuchun as their hidden card?
This Man acted by Park Yuchun is the mysterious character who suddenly appears in Dae-ho’s lucid dreams. This Man takes off from the scene in haste when he is discovered by Dae-ho inside the dream, and vanishes abruptly at the end of Dae-ho’s chase with him. Dae-ho experiences confusion at the appearance of This Man; and then one day, he happens to come across This Man in the real world. This Man lets Dae-ho know about the existence of shared-dreaming.
‘Lucid Dream’ had its crank-in [T/N: start of filming] on April 6th, 2015. On his casting back then, Park Yuchun swept Newcomer Awards debuting on the big screen with movie ‘Sea Fog’. He won a septuple crown in the (Best) [Male] Newcomer Awards; from the 51st Baeksang Arts Awards’, the 35th Blue Dragon Awards, the 34th Korean Film Critics Association Awards, the 15th Busan Film Critics Association Awards, the 51st Daejong Film Festival Awards, and the 10th MaxMovie Best Film Awards up to the 6th This Year’s Film Awards[/the 6th Korean Film Reporters Association (KOFRA) Film Awards]. Amid there was a lot of interest focused on his next work because of that, Park Yuchun had decided on not starring as a lead in ‘Lucid Dream’, but instead making an appearance as a little character of the special appearance-type.
Director Kim Joon-sung revealed a casting behind-the-scenes story in an interview with Herald POP: “In the case of Park Yuchun, he was sweeping Newcomer Awards with ‘Sea Fog’ at the time of casting. So I didn’t think Park Yuchun would accept since This Man is a small role. But while I was doing the project with Sol Kyung-gu hyung-nim, C-JeS Entertainment CEO Baek Chang-joo recommended Park Yuchun. Naturally I am very thankful to Park Yuchun for making an appearance”.
Continuing Director Kim Joon-sung expressed his satisfaction in Park Yuchun’s casting: “I was searching for a young actor to act as This Man; and naturally seeing that it was the concept not for a lead but a special appearance, I was wondering about who will be able to do it. Meanwhile there was talk of giving the script to Park Yuchun. I found out that he personally likes SF[/science fiction (sci-fi)] genre. Of course I am grateful to him and he was interested in reading  the script when given it”.
In particular Director Kim Joon-sung attracted attention at disclosing his casting intention in the early stage, saying, “Truthfully I tried to hide Park Yuchun’s appearance. Like how Matt Damon suddenly appeared in ‘Interstellar’ in the middle of it or U-Know Yunho had a cameo in ‘Ode to My Father’, I wanted to hide the fact about ‘Lucid Dream’’s Park Yuchun’s appearance. Fans will like it when they watch if they didn’t know about it. But it shortly became known since Park Yuchun is very popular and highly sought out. I’m glad he is shown in the movie as originally intended”.
Continuing Director Kim Joon-sung praised: “In the case of This Man, he is the person who does shared-dreaming entering into people’s dreams. If you look closer at This Man’s home, there are images where he is wearing different clothes with various hairstyles besides the computer. Whenever you enter into dreams, you can enter changing yourself with the image you wish,” and, “I wanted how This Man would fit long hair in the real world, not in dreams. But it was a hairstyle that had been very Micky Yuchun from his early days and rather looked pretty. It feels like fans would also like it, too. I was afraid it would be awkward, but it worked well. Truthfully there are only a few whose (outer) looks are able to assimilate to all sorts of hairstyles”.
‘Lucid Dream’ with Park Yuchun appearing as its hidden card will open on the 22nd.

Source: Herald POP  

【CJES_Official weibo】 #JYJ Park Yuchun 
ln.is/wx3.sinaimg.cn ln.is/wx1.sinaimg.cn

C5WaQ-pXUAEr8ht.jpg
C5WaRI9WIAAN3N8.jpg

JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News Week of 2/20- 2/26/2017 http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2017/02/jyj-news-week-of-220-2262017.html?spref=tw

[ENG SUB] ALL ABOUT YU (2015): Yuchun’s Letter

Video Credit: 6002 tamanidoonatsu

[INTERVIEW] 170226 Go Soo “Park Yuchun did well as This Man…Wasn’t his acting good?”

Actor Go Soo praised Park Yuchun’s acting.
Toward reporters’ buzz over movie ‘Lucid Dream’, Go Soo disclosed his thoughts in an interview conducted at one of the cafes in Samcheong-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul recently: “In the movie, it might not be easy for audiences to accept This Man’s presence”.
About this, Go Soo added, “This Man is an important hidden character. He appears as a person who’s able to freely come into and go from dreams but I learned he is actually a presence named This Man. I hear he is some kind of presence who generally shows up in people’s dreams”.

photo 2403559.jpg

Also Go Soo was unsparing with his praises, saying: “I had the notion that This Man is an attractive character and wondered who would play him,” and, “I wanted to get along well, to match, and to work well with Park Yuchun. I wondered how I could express it. I even saw ‘Sea Fog’ which Park Yuchun-ssi acted in,” and, “Wasn’t he acting really good?”.

Source: News1  

• 2 weeks later...

[NEWS] 170314 Park Yuchun’s other female accuser, indicted under suspicions of false allegations..arrest warrant dismissed

Ms. B(24) was indicted without detention under the suspicions of false allegations, for her complaint saying, “I was sexually assaulted by Park Yuchun in the washroom of an entertainment establishment.”
The Women & Children Criminal Investigation Department of Seoul Central District (Public) Prosecutors’ Office have indicted Ms. B under the suspicions of false allegations for making a false complaint, claiming she was forcibly sexually assaulted by singer-and-actor Park Yuchun confined in the washroom of an entertainment establishment in December 2015.

star12015-04yc.jpg?w=860

Ms. B had claimed, “I met Park Yuchun in an entertainment establishment and had sex with him.” to the police and reported in a statement that “Park Yuchun asked for my contact information and had offered to give me musical equipment and such before the sex but he just took off after the relations.”
Among the 4 females who filed their own complaints against Park Yuchun, Ms. A and Ms. B are being indicted under suspicions of false allegations against him. Ms. B, together with the suspicions of false allegations, is also being charged with the suspicions of defamation by mass publication after meeting with a certain broadcast PD and making accusations in an interview.
There was a substantive examination of a warrant for Ms. B conducted on the past 3rd but the court dismissed the arrest warrant. Ms. B will be tried for the suspicions of false allegations and the suspicions of defamation, in the state without detention.

Source: SBS funE via Daum  

C-Jes makes official statement after all 4 of Yoochun's false accusation & blackmail cases draw to a close

By beansss

C7AgAOVWYAAvWAj.jpg

The nearly year-long battle between JYJ's Yoochun and those involved in falsely accusing the singer/actor of sexual assault, as well as blackmail, has come to an end. 

Yoochun has been acquitted of all 4 of his sexual assault cases early on, while all involved in false accusations and blackmail in regard to the sexual assault charges have been sentenced to penal servitude. 

With the cases officially drawing to a close this past March 13, C-Jes Entertainment has issued a statement, which is as follows: 

"On March 13, 2017, all 4 cases dealing with Park Yoochun's rape accusations have drawn to a close, with acquittal as the final verdict. 

In addition, the 2nd case dealing with soliciting prostitution also resulted in Yoochun's acquittal by the Gangnam Police Department, while the report's filer was detained and charged with false accusations. Those arrested for blackmail in the 1st case were sentenced to penal servitude of approximately 2 years by the Seoul District Central Court this past January 17, 2017. In the 3rd and 4th cases that followed, the report filers were missing in action, and as a result, the cases were never investigated for accounts of false charges.  

As of now, all of Park Yoochun's cases which began last June of 2016 have come to a close, with Yoochun freed of all charges. 

We would like to bow our heads in apology for failing to pay attention to the social responsibilities of one loved by the public, and for the controversial issues Yoochun's incidents caused socially, regardless of the reasons. 

We would further like to thank fans, both in Korea and overseas, for watching over the results of the investigations until the end. Yoochun will take this time and this incident to reflect on his life and duties as a public figure."

allkpop

JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News Week of 3/13- 3/19/2017 http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2017/03/jyj-news-week-of-313-3192017.html?spref=tw

[OTHER INSTAGRAM] 170320 Cafe I’m Home shared photos of their store, where ‘The Girl Who Sees Smells’ once filmed at

[PHOTO] @ 백현카페거리 I’mhome
#카페아임홈 #브런치맛집 #빙수맛집 #케이크맛집 #냄새를보는소녀 #별그대촬영지 #로필2 #백현동아임홈본점 #韓国 #韓国カフェ #박유천 #6002 #yuchun #朴裕天 #thegirlwhocanseesmells #냄보소
#cafeimhome #서현역 #수내역 #판교역 #분당구 #백현동 578-8 ☎070-4418-0415
#백현동카페거리 #아임홈 #가맹점
#백현동아임홈 #광교아임홈 #광화문아임홈  #미사아임홈
instagram.com/p/BRzdvd6jFUC/

[TRANS]
@ I’m Home on Baekhyeon Cafe Street
#Cafe_I’m_Home #famous_brunch_restaurant #famous_bingsu_restaurant #famous_cake_restaurant #The_Girl_Who_Sees_Smells #My_Love_from_the_Star_fiming_site #I_Need_Romance_2 #Baekhyeon-dong_I’m_Home_main_store #Korean #Korean_cafe #ParkYuchun #6002 #yuchun #ParkYuchun #thegirlwhocanseesmells #TGWSS
#cafeimhome #Seohyeon_Station #Sunae_Station #Pangyo_Station #Bundang-gu #Baekhyeon-dong 578-8 070-4418-0415
#Baekhyeon-dong_Cafe_Street #I’m_Home #franchise #Baekhyeon-dong_I’m_Home #Gwanggyo_I’m_Home #Gwanghwamun_I’m_Home  #Misa_I’m_Home

photo 17334012_386387195080756_3549102794340302848_n.jpg

Source: imhomecafe  

Updates here: JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News Week of 3/20- 3/26/2017 http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2017/03/jyj-news-week-of-320-3262017.html?spref=tw

[REVIEW] 170322 Cityonfire: Sea Fog | aka Haemoo (2014) Review

""
“Sea Fog” Theatrical Poster

Director: Shim Sung-Bo Writer: Shim Sung-Bo, Bong Joon-Ho Cast: Kim Yun-Seok, Park Yoo-Chun, Han Ye-Ri, Lee Hee-Joon, Moon Sung-Geun, Kim Sang-Ho, Yoo Seung-Mok Running Time: 111 min.
By Kyle Warner
I think Memories of Murder deserves to be in the conversation of the finest films ever made. Dark, thrilling, funny, and almost poetic, it’s the movie that made me a fan of director/co-writer Bong Joon-ho, who did not disappoint when he followed up that masterwork with other great titles like The Host, Snowpiercer, and Mother. But one of the voices behind the making of Memories of Murder that never got the same level of acclaim that Bong did was co-writer Shim Sung-bo. Since Memories of Murder, Shim has directed a couple of short films, but has largely remained an unknown to most viewers. Now, with his feature directorial debut Sea Fog (aka Haemoo), Shim steps up and presents himself as one of the most promising new directors in Korean cinema. And, like that modern classic Memories of Murder, Shim shared the writer’s room with the great Bong Joon-ho to help bring the dark story to life.

Sea Fog is a story of desperation. The characters are desperate to make a living, desperate to escape hardship, desperate to evade the law, desperate to survive. It’s downbeat, has the heart of pitch black film noir, and takes you in directions you wouldn’t expect.

The fishermen of the boat Jeonji aren’t catching much these days. Captain Kang (Kim Yun-seok) has a wife who is cheating on him, his rusty boat is now owned by the bank, and he has to beg the boss for money to pay his crew. Without so much as consulting his crew, Kang agrees to use the boat to pick up illegal immigrants coming out of China and smuggle them back into South Korea. What begins simple enough takes a turn when the illegals challenge the sailors, who are obviously out of their depth.
When a horrible accident occurs, the fishermen try their best to cover things up for fear of facing jail time. It’s then that things shift from a dark (sometimes politically charged) drama to a thriller, as already desperate men lose their humanity and inch closer to madness. Captain Kang, who had once seemed like a sympathetic figure, becomes merciless and cold. Some of his crew, now reduced to their base nature, obsess over money or the women among the illegal immigrants. Only one crewman, Dong-sik (Park Yoo-chun) remains largely himself throughout the ordeal. Even so, the young Dong-sik must decide how far is to go in order to survive the increasingly desperate scenario.
Sea Fog is based on a stage play, which itself was inspired by a sad true story. Like many stage play adaptations, Sea Fog has one primary set. But unlike many stage play adaptations, we never really take notice of the limited sets and locations. The boat is big and it’s surrounded by that cold, black ocean. Filmed beautifully by cinematographer Hong Kyung-pyo (The Wailing), Sea Fog plays bigger than its surroundings might suggest. When the fog rolls in, strange colors shine through the mist, giving the film the surreal appearance of a film noir nightmare.
The cast is largely excellent. Kim Yun-seok (The Chaser) has made a career of playing anti-heroes and likeable villains, and Captain Kang fits somehow into both categories. It’s an intimidating performance, made all the better by the fact that Kim saves the major outbursts for the finale. Perhaps most impressive is Park Yoo-chun (Sungkyunkwan Scandal) as the innocent and inexperienced Dong-sik. Han Ye-ri (Commitment) is very good as the film’s central Korean-Chinese immigrant, giving her character enough individuality so that she is not just a damsel. And character actor Mun Seong-kun (Green Fish) is memorable in one of the film’s most showy roles, that of the boat’s old-timer engineer who starts losing his mind when the worst happens.
If the script lacks subtlety in the final act, then at least you can say that it might endear itself more to thriller/horror fans that’ve come to expect a certain level of the extreme from Korean genre movies. I did not mind this shift in tone to a bloodier, high-pitched thriller. I do have to question the ending, however. Sea Fog ends with an extended epilogue, which felt unneeded especially after what would’ve been an excellent final shot.
A film with dark moral dilemmas and increasingly raised stakes, Sea Fog is the sort of movie that’s almost impossible to look away from. It also unfolds in an unexpected way, taking you on strange detours from the storyline that you were probably expecting. It’s an excellent thriller for fans of co-writer Bong Joon-ho, who explores more of the theme of class warfare seen earlier in Snowpiercer. For writer/director Shim, Sea Fog is one hell of a feature debut, and is hopefully a hint of more good things to come.
Kyle Warner’s Rating: 8/10

Source: Cityonfire  

• 2 weeks later...

[JYJ FB] JYJ 소송 허위사실 유포에 엄중히 경고합니다.  goo.gl/h7QC0G

Image may contain: 3 people

False postings about the preliminary injunction order for the invalidation of the exclusive contract obtained by JYJ against SM Entertainment Inc. (“SM”) in 2009 and the conciliation reached in 2012 between JYJ and SM have recently swept the Internet.  As such postings have caused confusions among fans at home and abroad not fully aware of the factual background, C-JeS Entertainment Corp. (“C-JeS”) will explain JYJ’s position below to avoid any further confusions.

On July 31, 2009, JYJ filed a request for a preliminary injunction to invalidate the exclusive contract with SM, and on October 27, 2009, the 50th Civil Division of the Seoul Central District Court (Presiding Judge: Byung-Dae Park) rendered a decision granting such request.  The court ordered that “SM shall not, contrary to JYJ’s will, negotiate or enter into a contract with a third party for JYJ’s appearance in any TV program or movie, their participation in any performance or concert, their production of music records or their participation in any entertainment event or activity, or request third parties, including broadcasting companies, music production companies and concert agencies, to terminate their relationship with JYJ to interfere with JYJ’s engagement in any entertainment activity.”  The court’s reasoning behind such order was that the exclusive contract between SM and JYJ allows SM to exercise unreasonable control over JYJ through its superior position, and imposes payment of excessive compensations or unjust burdens seriously infringing JYJ’s economic freedom and fundamental rights and, therefore, can be considered to be void or being invalidated as a legal action against good moral and social order, and given SM’s influence on the Korean entertainment market, a protracted litigation will likely substantially restrict JYJ’s entertainment activities, which may raise not only economic concerns but also cause serious infringement of JYJ’s fundamental rights under the Constitution, including their freedom of occupation and the freedom of activity.

SM filed an objection against the preliminary injunction order, however, the 50th Civil Department of the Seoul Central District Court (Presiding Judge: Sung-Joon Choi) dismissed SM’s objection and upheld the original preliminary injunction order on February 15, 2001, stating that the exclusive contract between SM and JYJ constitutes an “exclusive contract on a subordinate relationship” under which the entertainer does not have an independent decision-making right but must follow the agency’s unilateral instructions, and such defect in the exclusive contract caused by the difference in the bargaining power of the parties was not cured until the execution of the fifth supplementary contract, and the 13-year contract term, which we find to be excessively long, must be limited to a reasonable period to protect JYJ’s personal rights and their freedom of occupation and minimize side effects resulting from JYJ’s engagement in activities against their will, and such long term “exclusive contract on a subordinate relationship” cannot be justified by arguing that such contract was necessary for SM to reduce its investment risks or help JYJ enter overseas markets smoothly.

The preliminary injunction order had been possible thanks to JYJ’s courageous decision and prompted the Korea Fair Trade Commission to establish a standard form of exclusive contract to rectify unfair contractual relationships prevalent in the entertainment industry.  Several entertainment agencies voluntarily took the initiative to improve their systems so that more entertainers have negotiating powers commensurate with those of entertainment agencies.

Some people, however, have recently been disseminating groundless rumors described below based on certain record on conciliation negotiation between JYJ and SM:
① Some people alleged on the internet that the exclusive contract between SM and JYJ was not unfair on the grounds that the settlement amount SM paid to JYJ was smaller than the amount originally claimed by JYJ, and that SM paid such amount to JYJ only to settle the amount that should have been paid to JYJ in 2009 but was not paid due to the lawsuit.  However, JYJ agreed to reduce the settlement amount in order to settle the dispute as soon as possible, fearing protracted litigation will only waste the time and money and may make it impossible for JYJ to take part in the entertainment business of their own will for the litigation period.

② Other people alleged on the internet that JYJ executed the 13-year long-term exclusive contract at the request of TVXQ members’ parents.  The court, however, found that the members’ negotiating powers were at their lowest at the time they signed their exclusive contract, which was right before the release of their debut album on January 14, 2004, and it is unfair and against good moral and public order for SM to have JYJ sign a long-term exclusive contract taking advantage of the situation where there is no alternative choice.

③ People also alleged on the internet that the Korea Fair Trade Commission’s order to take corrective measures is only applicable to those contracts between SM and its trainees.  In fact, the Korea Fair Trade Commission has repeatedly issued orders to take corrective measures with respect to the exclusive contracts between the entertainment agencies and their entertainers.  The controversy on the fairness of such contracts became widespread after the problems and issues related to the contracts between agencies and their trainees were raised.
C-JeS decided to take stern legal actions against the illegal activities distorting the court’s decision in the preliminary injunction order and the conciliation between JYJ and SM based on false rumors and damaging JYJ’s reputation.  For the reasons described above, C-JeS has filed a complaint against those who spread false rumors described in this statement for the violation of the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc. (defamation).  C-JeS hopes this statement will help all JYJ fans confirm the truth and will prevent any further misunderstanding.

https://goo.gl/VcEZZN

Update here: JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News Week of 4/10- 4/16/2017 http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2017/04/jyj-news-week-of-410-4162017.html?spref=tw

C-JeS confirms Yoochun is getting married in September + more information about the fiancee

By jennywill    
JYJ,Yoochun

C-JeS Entertainment has confirmed Yoochun is getting married in response to previous reports, and more information on Yoochun's alleged fiance has been revealed.

According to insiders, Yoochun has been dating Ms. Hwang. Ms. Hwang is the granddaughter of Namyang Dairy Products Company's CEO Hong, and is a power blogger.

He will reportedly be getting married in September when he is discharged from the military in August.

The label confirmed,

Hello, this is C-JeS Entertainment.Yoochun has been engaged to a non-celebrity woman and will be getting married in the fall.We are cautious to say much more because the article has come out when details about the wedding has not been confirmed yet. He is currently enlisted in the army, and as his fiancee is not a celebrity, we ask you look over them warmly while considering the situation.Yoochun will finish his enlistment by the end of August.Thank you.

Breaking: Park Yoochun Confirmed To Be Getting Married U. Kim April 12, 2017 

park-yoochun.jpg

Park Yoochun is getting married!

Following reports about his marriage, his agency C-JeS Entertainment has confirmed that the reports are true.
They announced, “Park Yoochun will be tying the knot with a non-celebrity this fall. Because the news was reported prior to any specific plans for their marriage, we want to be careful about revealing anything else. Also, owing to the fact that Park Yoochun is currently serving as a public service officer and the bride-to-be is a non-celebrity, we ask for your understanding. Please look over them warmly. Park Yoochun will diligently serve in the military until late-August.”
According to reports, his bride-to-be is the granddaughter of the founder of food company Namyang Diary Products. They first met through a mutual friend, and she provided him with emotional support during difficult times. Their wedding will be held privately at a hotel in Seoul in September.
Source (1) (2)
soompi

Up to date news here: ‪JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News Week of 4/10- 4/16/2017 http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2017/04/jyj-news-week-of-410-4162017.html?spref=tw‬

• 2 weeks later...

ChunsaMagz Vol.2

FINALLY...

The time when finally I could fulfill my promise.

I chose June 4th, 2016 at 06.04 am (Sunrise/Morning) for the 1st Volume & I choose to release this project Today. The 264 (April 26th) at 6.24 pm... (Sunset/Afternoon) coz it's my last project. 

It's faster than the original plan n I seriously never thought that after he finish his enlistment, We will get a wedding in September so I think today is the best time. ☺☺

This project has been become my consolation while waiting for him.  A lot of up and down moments n I really treasure it.

From the beginning when I became a Chunsa, I don't know why that writing about him is really like a something that I should do n from that time a lot of new things that I've tried for the 1st time and for this last project, I try to make an origami with Double Heart shape for our Love letters to Yu Chun.

17-04-26-09-32-14-610_deco.jpg

U could read all the letters here... 

Actually,  TGWSS's recap was my last project but then I changed my mind n decided to make these #waitingfor6002 as my last project. There was mix feelings when decided it's really the last ones but I'm happy that the final project is like a memory lane of everything he's done.

So I think it's the right time for me to retire especially when I think the magic to make myself as a Writer has already disappeared n I want to starting a new chapter of a Chunsa.

Thanks to all who like everything I've made before  n I really hope on the new chapter of Yu Chun's life as an artist after his enlistment, there would be another Chunsa who likes writing about his project with their own style. I'm really looking forward for it.

Retire word only from Me.... It's a NO for him.... So really looking forward for his come back.

I don't have anything to say anymore... Just PRAY the Best for him and..

coming.png

So, here it is... ChunsaMagz Vol.2....the last volume of the #waitingfor6002 project...

17-04-26-09-15-41-127_deco.jpg

I love that I could make that Beige ( it's look similar with his Solo Album's colour, hehehe) handmade box so I could put all of themes into it. Sunflower, Butterfly & Cherryblossom's petal. n I really like to could put the Flash Disc into the box. It's something like a secret place, hahaha...Love the BLUE Butterfly on the Card n especially the Purple & Blue colours for the project. 

17-04-26-09-17-31-790_deco.jpg

n my bookmark origami with LOVE shape. PURPLE is my FAV colour beside Blue n coz I use Blue for the 1st Vol, so for this 2nd Vol...Most of All are in PURPLE, hehehe....

U could download the project in here :

The pdf's file
The png's file

U could read the 1st Vol in here...

n we also send pullover for him...credit to Lizzie.

17-04-26-12-16-23-160_deco.jpg

For this project, We also made 2 FanVid for 2 characters...Credit to NMF.

For Han Tae Kyung

For Choi Moo Gak

We're gonna STANDBYYU & LOVE YU 4EVER...

n also BIG Thanks to all contributors.

Happy Reading and Please read it with open minded.

Footnote:

These are the links for all Videos that we use for Song's review & Credit to all the owner of those vids.

#Walking with her in Spring

Tokyo Dome’s & Asian’s Concert - Seoul

Housewarming Party 2014 Shanghai

JYJ Membershipweek 2015 – Korean (choose)[did not choose.. I mix both as one gave me a better close up]

#Dad’s song 

Seoul

2014-08-16 JYJ HK concert-5~Dad, You There (Yuchun focus) 

[FANCAM] JYJ-DAD YOU THERE (2014 Beijing con) 

140906 청두콘 05JYJ成都演唱《Dad, You There? Yuchun Focus 

20140911 JYJ Taipei Concer 朴有天박유천 - DAD, YOU THERE? 

20140920 JYJ The return of the king tour in ShangHai - Dad, you there

#EMPTY

JYJ - "Empty" LIVE

MTVK JYJ EMPTY acoustic ver.

20110904 대구세계육상대회 JYJ – empty Daegu

JYJ - Empty [Yoochun Focus] ~ [Live at ICAAP10 Concert - Busan]

140919 인천AG 개막식 JYJ EMPTY [@JYJ_inToday] *don't re-upload & re-edit.

[LIVE] 130225 JYJ - Korea's Inauguration Ceremony (Found you,Empty)

# BE THE ONE

12 Oct 2010 Showcase - Seoul

17 Oct 2010 Malaysia

07 Nov 2010 Showcase – Shanghai

27 Nov 2010 Worlwide Concert - Seoul

Spring 2011 Busan, Gwangju, Tokyo

15 Oct 2011 Japan

02 Agustus 2014 Membership

11 Sept 2014 Taipei

13 Des 2014 Osaka

#BACK SEAT

MV

[직캠] 140803 JYJ "JUST US" Showcase Back Seat 박유

[직캠]140809 JYJ ASIA TOUR in seoul BACK SEAT YUCHUN

August 30, 2014Back Seat - JYJ Concert (Asia Tour 2014) from Vietnam

141213 JYJ BACK SEAT in OSAKA KYOCERA DOME

sunflower_swirl_floral_frame_blue_butterfly_invite_card-rf45dcd1ab85a43a88d1dbbccdc3aa577_xvuai_8byvr_324.jpg

Rowie.png

Park Yoochun’s Maternal Grandmother Revealed To Have Passed Away soompi.com/2017/05/02/par

C-08TsZXoAAy8jk.jpg 

On May 2, it was reported that JYJ’s Park Yoochun’s maternal grandmother had passed away.
Later on the same day, C-JeS Entertainment, Park Yoochun’s agency, confirmed the news. A source from the agency stated, “Park Yoochun heard the news and headed to the funeral home as soon as he got off work. He and his mother will be standing vigil there.”
Park Yoochun is currently serving in the military as part of his mandatory service. He is serving as a public service worker in a district office in Gangnam and will be discharged on August 26. He has also announced that he will be getting married in September of this year.
Source (1) (2)
Soompi

[NEWS] 170502 Park Yuchun “Travel to funeral home for mourning of maternal grandmother, participating in wake with his mother” [Official]

201705021919789616_1_20170502192513007.jpg

We have learned of the sad news of actor Park Yuchun’s mourning for his maternal grandmother.
Park Yuchun’s agency C-JeS Entertainment said in the afternoon of May 2nd, “Park Yuchun is in mourning for his maternal grandmother.”
Continuing it was added, “Park Yuchun heard the news and is heading to the funeral home after he gets off work,” and, “He plans to participate in the wake with his mother”.
Park Yuchun is currently in the middle of his service as a public service worker at Gangnam District Office, and is going to be discharged (from his military service) the coming August 26.

2017-05-02-12-43-51.png?w=860

▼ Below is the full text of C-JeS Entertainment’s official stance
It’s correct Park Yuchun is in mourning for his maternal grandmother.
We can confirm that Park Yuchun heard the news and is heading to the funeral home after he gets off work. He plans to participate in the wake with his mother.

Other than the additional official stance, we have nothing else.
We ask for your understanding by all means.
Thank you.

Source: My Daily via Naver  
Translation by: rilanna of JYJ3  

[OTHER TWITTER] 160501 Gangnam Tourist Information Center (JP) Twitter Update – May 2017 event involving JYJ’s handprints

photo 170501GTIC_JP.png

[TRANS]
#NEWEVENT #ParkYuchun #6002 #JYJ #Junsu #Jaejoong

photo C-ufSrbVoAAaONy.jpg photo C-ufV_AU0AEIufA.jpg

Source: @GTIC_JP  
Shared By: JYJ3

[OTHER SNS] 160503~04 Gangnam Tourist Information Center Facebook and (JP) Twitter Update: Get a copy of Yuchun’s postcard

photo 170503GangnamTouristInformationCenterFB.png
[TRANS]
#Event #Springevent #jyj #parkyuchun #junsoo #Jaejung #ParkYuchun #KimJunsu #KimJaejoong #KIMJAEJOONG #KIMJUNSOO
photo 18222191_1306374009478734_8529117509774784169_n.png
photo 170504GTIC_JP.png
photo C-8iarwXsAAGvLh.jpg
Shared by: JYJ3

[INFO] ‘Lucid Dream’ will be available on Netflix on June 2

photo lucid-dream-2017-movie.png

• 2 weeks later...

I would say, the couple looks casual, happy, and content...
Blessings to them...

[★BREAKING] Yoochun ❤️ Hwang Hana : Dispatch Catches Yoochun On Date With Fiancée

Korean Drama News TTB

Yoochun and Hwang Hana were spotted on a date at a restaurant in Gangnam dispatch.co.kr/747220

C_1cD9kVwAAeiq2.jpg

C_1o5nfUQAEjJ6U.jpg

C_1cD9kVoAECmLL.jpg

C_1cD9mVwAArqBW.jpg

C_1cD9mUwAA8t_f.jpg

C_254ZMWAAAwIu8.jpg

C_2KFr0UwAEcd6k.jpg

C_2KGx_UAAAiTBC.jpg

More updates here: JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News Week of 5/15- 5/21/2017 http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2017/05/jyj-news-week-of-515-5212017.html?spref=tw

• 3 weeks later...

Archived