[Drama 2013] Goddess of Marriage 결혼의 여신

Guest jobogae

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SexyDolceVita

WHOA THIS IS WHAT I CALL THE ULTIMATE OF ALL ULTIMATELY AWKWARD MOMENTS IN DRAMA HISTORY...
Brace yourselves people...
w4sp.jpg 

i bet this scene will appear at the end of episode 28.cliffhanger trick again... sigh... we know your tricks PD oh and writer jo...
background is like this....jh goes to sk's bridal shop to help minjung choose a bridal gown for her wedding.jh bumps into hw or vice versa at the bridal shop.
sk is there to witness everything...and she finally meets jh for the first time...hoping to persuade jh to return to their villa with him, tw arrives at sk's shop to witness everything.
hw is visibly awkward as he touches his forehead, which he already did before when he was awkward with jh at jeju island...
i bet episode 29 will have the full scene... we may have to wait for another week to witness this explosive scene...
btw, this is go na eun and nam sang mi's first scene together...they were very friendly towards each other off screen...
because the weather is changing to autumn from summer... everyone was telling each other to take good care of themselves...
what a cohesive loving cast!

Guest SexyDolceVita

WHOA THIS IS WHAT I CALL THE ULTIMATE OF ALL ULTIMATELY AWKWARD MOMENTS IN DRAMA HISTORY...

Brace yourselves people...

i bet this scene will appear at the end of episode 28.cliffhanger trick again... sigh... we know your tricks PD oh and writer jo...

background is like this....jh goes to sk's bridal shop to help minjung choose a bridal gown for her wedding.jh bumps into hw or vice versa at the bridal shop.

sk is there to witness everything...and she finally meets jh for the first time...hoping to persuade jh to return to their villa with him, tw arrives at sk's shop to witness everything.

hw is visibly awkward as he touches his forehead, which he already did before when he was awkward with jh at jeju island...

i bet episode 29 will have the full scene... we may have to wait for another week to witness this explosive scene...

btw, this is go na eun and nam sang mi's first scene together...they were very friendly towards each other off screen...

because the weather is changing to autumn from summer... everyone was telling each other to take good care of themselves...

what a cohesive loving cast!

If you guys observe carefully...

The fan captured photo of kim ji hoon by the han river on page 203 featured kjh wearing the same outfit in this latest photo of the coincidental meet up of jh, tw, hw, and sk.

Im guessing after witnessing hw and jh acting all awkward together at the bridal shop, and jh still refusing to return to their villa with him, tw is feeling messed up in his mind.

He goes to han river to brood in a pensive mood, worrying that he is losing jh sooner than he thinks...

What do you guys think?

Btw, the han river scene was filmed on 22 september, while the bridal shop scene was filmed on 25 september.

Guest SexyDolceVita

Hw is going to ask jh why she fainted and was admitted to the hospital...is she better now?

Jh will ask how he knew. Thanks she is better now.

Hw will reply he knew it through his partner who works with taejin, her brother in law.

Awkward.

Sk is observing them...from afar...

Meanwhile...tw arrives to try to persuade jh to return with him.

He is shocked to see hw sitting opposite jh.

Jh is shocked to see tw too.

Hw will excuse himself and says he has to return to his office. It is good to see jh in good health and better spirits again.

He tells her to live well.

Jh says the same to him too.

Hw says goodbye to sk awkwardly...

Hw nods at tw...and leaves.

Jh is in silence...

Tw looks at sk and tells jh he has to talk to her now.

Jh thanks sk and leaves with tw.

Sk is alone at her bridal shop, visibly affected by what happened earlier...

Guest SexyDolceVita

raminrooz said:

I'm watching the drama "smile, you" now,,,,SK's mother has the same role there,,,all she does is screaming,,,no change of character!

If you think its bad in Smile You, go watch her in Secret Garden....sigh....(evil) mother-in-laws

So what happens to the evil mil in secret garden in the end?

Did she accept ha ji won eventually?

Guest SexyDolceVita

SexyDolceVita said:

bluedora wrote: »

raminrooz said:

I'm watching the drama "smile, you" now,,,,SK's mother has the same role there,,,all she does is screaming,,,no change of character!

If you think its bad in Smile You, go watch her in Secret Garden....sigh....(evil) mother-in-laws

So what happens to the evil mil in secret garden in the end?

Did she accept ha ji won eventually?

I didn't religiously follow Secret Garden, but got curious with the ending because of all the hype.  And from what I remember, the MIL was consistent in not accepting Ha Ji won but she accepted and has good relationship with her grandkids.  I once came across an article or variety guesting of this actress and I think they mentioned that she's good in playing rich female mothers coz she is one in real life.  And they were teasing her if her riches are on the level of her SG character.

In other news, I'm not particularly good in trying to draw the timeline base on the guys' outfit, with females it's easier coz the guys are almost always wearing the same style and sometimes same color palette, I gave up on it.  But I think if the clothes are the same, then it's possible that the brooding scene of TW would be after this meeting when he sees firsthand the "still-charge" atmosphere with JH and HW.  I guess they shot his scene first since it's easier and only involves one character, while the other awkward scene would be shot later when all their individuals scenes are shot.

Perhaps... i think it is also due to the schedule coordination of all four actors to film on the same day...

Nsm may have to do some more campaign shoots for bobbi brown...

And she has to shoot her scenes with jo min su and the others... jo min su is currently filming a movie too with uhm jung hwa... so jo min su's schedule has to be considered too.

lee tae ran can probably only shoot for three days on gom, as her remaining days are reserved for wang's family...

But on the whole...for most of the GoM cast, i think they shoot more or less on most days per week...with one or two days off for resting... sat and sun may be used for shooting too.

sometimes one scene takes more than six hours or an entire day to shoot because they have to cover different angles...so the actors have to repeat the same scene several times...continuously...

Then...they have to shoot exterior scenes too... outside cold castle and the villa...for the same scene...

The interior scenes are mostly filmed on elaborate sets at sbs's huge studios..

How to maintain a consistent expression of the appropriate emotions for that scene both inside the house and outside the house is an everyday challenge for the actors...

I think nsm did a good job in episode 23.

On the set, she was nearly in tears when yeon soo runs out of her house, while mil is interrogating her about her working again.

Outside the villa, nsm chases after yeon soo and cries, saying sorry to her...

Nsm has maintained and expressed her helpless and guilty emotions pretty well...despite the fact the two shots were done on different locations.

These two shots could be done on different days...or...in a reverse sequence...or perhaps on the same day but different times of the day since they have to travel from one location to the other...

Acting may seem glamorous but most of the time, it is a very innate job...requiring one to be emotionally accessible at all times, so once the camera and lighting are ready, they have to go at it without delaying the crew and other cast members...

Sometimes due to location issues, the actors have to jump scenes...meaning do scene B first then do scene A later... when scene A actually takes place before scene B in that episode...

Anyways...hope you guys dont find my post boring... im just giving a breakdown on how the production of GoM might be like for the actors....hahaha...

I just hope the editing could be better.... this editor is not very good at doing transitions, and some scenes are misleading and totally became different in this episode compared to the previous one...

For example at the end of episode two, hw is seen stopping his car beside tw's car in a calm fashion while talking on the phone...then he notices the passenger in tw's car looks like jh... do note that tw didnt suddenly stop his car here...

But in episode three, hw frantically stops his car beside tw at the red light because tw suddenly stops his car...then because he is mad at tw...he looks at tw but sees a jh lookalike beside tw...

Why is there a huge difference in these two scenes?

I dont get it.... :(

This is what i am talking about....bad editing...

Could it be, in episode two's scene, hw sees the jh lookalike and decides to chase after tw's car to see the passenger clearly...but at the next red light, tw suddenly stops his car, then hw stops right next to him...

But it still doesnt make sense at all...

This is the production disappointment i am talking about here....

How i wish i can talk to pd oh to understand these two scenes better...

Guest SexyDolceVita

Why do i feel... jh and tw will have a huge quarrel after the four of them met at the bridal shop?

I think hw might have let it slip to jh that he is sorry for sending her msgs....if tw lied to him that jh was the one who told tw to tell hw not to bother her anymore....

Then jh will ask hw about what msgs...

Then tw will appear...

After leaving the bridal shop, jh will ask tw whether he has deleted msgs on her cell phone...and he talked to hw about those msgs...?

Did he not have any respect for her?

Omg... they will have a huge quarrel...about these issues...

Hw ah... thanks for triggering another quarrel between jh and tw again...

SexyDolceVita said:
This drama is about how the different characters face their problems in their marriages and lives...and how they overcome these problems and accept their decisions.

Some may fix their problems by getting a divorce.
Some may fix their marriages by changing themselves and others...

That is why the drama may be too real for koreans' taste...

But i like it...because it is refreshing to see a drama not going the cinderella direction like...The Heirs...

Guest SexyDolceVita

SexyDolceVita said:

This drama is about how the different characters face their problems in their marriages and lives...and how they overcome these problems and accept their decisions.

Some may fix their problems by getting a divorce.

Some may fix their marriages by changing themselves and others...

That is why the drama may be too real for koreans' taste...

But i like it...because it is refreshing to see a drama not going the cinderella direction like...The Heirs...

I know part of the reason why GOM is so boring is that it is too real. Yet you know we watch drama for fun and we don't have like 70 or 80 years to spend upon one drama. Writer-nim has to realize it and has to keep up the pace of the drama. Apparently, my opinion is that writer-nim is dragging the plot too long either because she is running out of idea or just wanna be overdramatic and realistic. ????? She does have this snowballing methodology to build the plot; yet as the pace is too slow to attract viewers for long. Perhaps, that's the trend of weekend's drama, I dunno. Still I am stick to the GOM for JH and HW. mainly due to Lee Sang Woo. This drama suits his character so well as he once mentioned that his personality in real life is so slow to catch up with things or falls into love like a turtle but once he is into it, he won't let go but keep up to do his best. GOM, as a result, is an exact drama he is looking to perform in. :-D

I don't wanna say Heir is bad or unrealistic when it is yet to be aired. Heir does have the best writer and so many beautiful guys obviously because of the writer-nim's charm. If involvement of beautiful guys make you feel the drama like cindrealla fairy tale, I cannot do anything cuz these charming people stick to the writer and refuse to go to other production though they are given better leading roles there. :-) Heir may or may not be a fantasy drama but still nobody knows how it will turn out just by the look at the brief summary and characters in it.

Anyway, I see your posts and analysis here and I can see your passion in this drama! I enjoy reading your predictions and thinking. I think some are marvelous ideas that the writer should hire you assist him/ her in the development of the plot. :)

Hey i hope you dont get me wrong about using the heirs as an example...

Maybe it was a bad example since it hasnt broadcast yet.

I meant the usual korean dramas... you know poor girl meets rich guy...after some obstacles...get together...cinderella story ending...

but not all chaebol families are so merry and kind...

I actually look forward to the heirs...mainly to see how it is the gossip girl drama of korea? Although i dont really like the poor girl rich guy pairing cliche....hahaha...

Anyways... thanks for appreciating my posts... im just expressing my thoughts on GoM... after thinking about the storylines...and characters...since im on hols now...

Which posts of mine leave a deep impression in your mind?

something like these recent two:

SexyDolceVita said: Why do i feel... jh and tw will have a huge quarrel after the four of them met at the bridal shop?

I think hw might have let it slip to jh that he is sorry for sending her msgs....if tw lied to him that jh was the one who told tw to tell hw not to bother her anymore....

Then jh will ask hw about what msgs...

Then tw will appear...

After leaving the bridal shop, jh will ask tw whether he has deleted msgs on her cell phone...and he talked to hw about those msgs...?

Did he not have any respect for her?

Omg... they will have a huge quarrel...about these issues...

Hw ah... thanks for triggering another quarrel between jh and tw again...

I don't really know why I even watch this drama but it didn't strike as boring to me. I was interested in all of the 4 woman's story and I have to admit that it got a little more exciting :D But of course my favorite episodes would be the first few episodes! They were the best!!

I also like the character developing in this drama...for example, Kwon Eun Hee! She has always had the skill to be a successful businesswoman but after she got married, she lived under her husband's shadow.. but now she's even able to cuss at him in English! GO EUN HEE!!! Now divorce that nasty human being and take your son with you!!

Guest SexyDolceVita

How the two couples converge...another scenario...

Jh visits sk's bridal shop to help mj choose a bridal gown.

Mj is on the way from somewhere else with ye seul...

Sk is out doing some stuff...

Her staff is tending the shop...

Jh arrives and is served tea as she looks at the portfolio of sk...choosing bridal gowns for mj...

Tw reaches home and tries to call jh, since maybe her one week is up?, but jh doesnt pick up tw's calls.

Tw calls js' house, js' in laws answer the phone. He asks if jh is at home...they say she went to meet mj at the bridal shop...

they give tw the address of the bridal shop...

Tw gets in his car in his vest only without his jacket and drives to the bridal shop.

Hw arrives at the bridal shop to have lunch with sk...but he finds jh sitting at the sofa, looking elegantly poised and beautiful...

Hw is shocked to see jh.

Jh is shocked to see hw.

Hw sits down opposite jh and says hi.

Awkwardly, jh says hi.

Hw asks what is she doing here?

Jh explains she is waiting for her niece, they are choosing a bridal gown for her...

she asks if hw is here to meet his fiance to look at bridal gowns too?

Hw says urm...his fiance actually owns this bridal shop...she is the designer...

jh looks crestfallen and says...i see...

Hw asks if she is okay since the last time they met...in episode twenty...when jh was drunk and rambling at him...

Embarrassed, jh says she is okay...

Hw cant control himself and asks jh if she was admitted to the hospital recently?

Jh asks how did hw know about it..

Hw explains he heard it from his partner, who works with taejin.

he asks if she is better now...

Jh says yes...she is better now...no big deal...

Hw awkwardly replies....that is good to hear...

Meanwhile, sk arrives at her bridal shop, her staff tells her hw and a customer are waiting for her...

Sk says a customer?

She walks into her studio and is shocked to see jh and hw looking awkward with each other...

Right behind sk, enters a moody tw, who witnesses the last sight he wants to see ever...hw sitting opposite jh talking to her...

Jh then looks up and sees sk and tw looking at her and hw...

Her eyes become flustered...

Hw notices jh's reaction and turns his head, only to see sk and tw staring at him and jh...

The atmosphere drops to zero...

Sk bravely introduces herself to jh, and says she is han se kyung...

tw stares at hw coldly...

jh introduces herself as song ji hye...then she looks at tw, and says that is her husband, kang tae wook...

She is here to choose bridal gowns for her niece, but she will be late...

Sk says sure...she then walks over to hw and says this is her fiance, kim hyun woo...

Jh nods her head awkwardly...

Hyun woo says he has to return to his office as he has an appointment...he will call sk later...

Sk says okay...

Hw nods at tw...and leaves in a hurry...

Jh then calls mj and says she has some affairs to settle...

she tells mj to go straight to the bridal shop and look for sk...

Jh tells sk minjung will arrive shortly and she has to leave too...

Sk says okay sure...

jh looks at tw and leaves the studio...

Tw nods at sk and follows jh...

When they are in the lift, you can cut the tension in the air with a knife...

Jh is trying to recover from her shockness of meeting hw and sk at one go...

Tw looks at jh with his jealous eyes...

Jh doesnt say a word and leaves the bridal shop.

Tw grabs jh's arm, turns her around and asks her what is wrong?

Because of kim hyun woo?

Is she jealous?

Jh stares at tw and says he is crazy...

Tw says yes he is crazy now because his wife doesnt want to come home...

Jh looks at him and shakes off his hand...

Tw grabs jh's arm again and says let's go home...

jh shakes it off and says adamantly she will never return to their villa again...leave her alone for now...!

Jh gets into her car and drives off...while crying...

We are not sure if she is crying over hyun woo and sk or tw...

Tw stands by the roadside, visibly mad...

Guest raminrooz

If the psycho writer drags this longer and even end JH/TW together, I will fly to south korea and kill the writer,,,first I thought hitting him is enough,,,but it is not enough,,,when I'm arrested for murder,I will take no attorney,,,I will just offer the judge to watch GOM and he will pledge me innocent....
:D

I feel this drama has one problem mainly, and that is it's too long, it feels as if it was meant to be a 24-28 at most episodes drama but here we are at 36...the middle episodes before JH-HW meeting felt like "filling", since they both met things got more active, those middle episodes were filled with little advances and too much swinging that lead to more swinging and things were really not set until recently to a point where they can advance.
Seeing what KJH said in the Bobbi Brown interview, more up and downs are to come...also I don't agree the title of the drama implies JH will stay with TW, actually if a marriage doesn't work I think you have to be brave enough to see it, admit it, talk it, decide to finish it (even more when you have kids, like in EH case)...and even more if you consider per example JH situation and that we're seeing a korean drama. Sometimes divorce may mean being the Goddess (or the God, also) of Marriage. For me EH per example would be a real Goddess of Marriage if she takes her husband and send him to anywhere-as-long-as-you-don't-bother...just for herself, and for her son (but I wish she will have something with the hottie youngster :)>-)
I think the main focus on this drama is how characters struggle with social norms, how many of those when followed strictly will make you unhappy, as in what should prevail: individual happiness or social order and also, I think this drama is very critical..are those social norms actually good, morally good, as to be legit to be followed? Should you drain yourself in their name, is it acceptable, dignifying?  It's a family drama after all, this is why I always find them interesting, normally is the subyacent main problem of the genre. What I like of GOM is that it's not your black/white moralistic drama, I often find myself thinking wether some actions of the leads are rightful or not, the characters for me have some complexity, I really appreciate that.

Archived