[Drama 2013] Goddess of Marriage 결혼의 여신

Guest jobogae

Guest SexyDolceVita

nzah said: Im happy to knw that jh refused to go back to the cold castle....i believe this wud lead to something for jh & hw...
Will keep on believing on a happy ending for hw & jh <3

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SexyDolceVita

Btw, one part in episode 26...really baffles me.

Why did the writer have to make hye jung say please take care of kang family household from now on, sister in law... to ji hye?

Didnt hj know jh hates doing household chores at cold castle?

What is the writer's intention of inserting such lines...?

To mislead us in thinking jh will try to take care of kang family? Urm...guess not! Jh hates serving everyone in that family except for yuri and yujin.

To add on the pressure on jh's haggard shoulders, so it will hasten her decision to leave kang family just like hj?

What is your intention writer jo??? :(

Guest SexyDolceVita

Do you guys think after the meeting with tw, hw has the guts to visit jh at her maiden home?

I mean..if he realises jh is living in hell and has become ill, shouldnt he agonises whether he should visit her and see how she is doing?

Hahaha that wld be drama rama...no?

Anyways... how is jh going to solve her marriage and mil problems?

I hope the writer doesnt screw this part up!

I think hw doesnt knw where jh stay so he wud probably sms or call her...cant wait for them to meet again since the teary & emotional scene in ep 20...

Guest SexyDolceVita

I hope JH doesn't return to the villa. It would make a more interesting storyline if she stays away and starts transforming herself. I'm tired of seeing her miserable....she's making me miserable. :(

I think....when tw visits jh, she would refuse to go back with him and tells him she would like the both of them to live somewhere away from his family.

Knowing his parents would be mad at this arrangement, especially in a hostile situation which hj has created for his family right now, tw rejects jh's idea immediately and coldly without even deliberating about it.

Tw doesnt want to lose face in front of his parents since he is the perfect son.

He gives jh one week's time to prepare herself mentally and physically before he comes to take her back to their villa. After giving jh the one week ultimatum, tw leaves immediately...

he has once again pushed jh onto the edge of the cliff...forcing her to make a decision.

If jh did suggest to tw to move out with her, it shows that jh did try to save their marriage and give it another chance.

But sadly, tw doesnt see it that way and loses his final chance to salvage his marriage with jh.

Quite a sad way to begin the end of their marriage for the both of them.....

As for hw...i dont know what he will do in episode 27...

Given his high morals, he probably wouldnt pester jh again after getting the warning from tw.

Most likely, he would be able to find a chance to speak to sk about jh, the photo, the book, sk's mom, their engagement and their upcoming wedding, and most importantly, does his heart have a place for sk? Or his heart has long been taken up and will never ever be vacated...? These are the critical issues hw has to settle before he can think about jh...

Both tw and hw have flaws in their characters...sometimes i really cant stand the both of them too.

One is too fiesty, insensitive and impatient....

The other is too innate, indecisive, wishy washy....

Men! Argh...!

Guest SexyDolceVita

SexyDolceVita said:

rosesinbloom wrote: »

I hope JH doesn't return to the villa. It would make a more interesting storyline if she stays away and starts transforming herself. I'm tired of seeing her miserable....she's making me miserable.

I think....when tw visits jh, she would refuse to go back with him and tells him she would like the both of them to live somewhere away from his family.

Knowing his parents would be mad at this arrangement, especially in a hostile situation which hj has created for his family right now, tw rejects jh's idea immediately and coldly without even deliberating about it.

Tw doesnt want to lose face in front of his parents since he is the perfect son.

He gives jh one week's time to prepare herself mentally and physically before he comes to take her back to their villa. After giving jh the one week ultimatum, tw leaves immediately...

he has once again pushed jh onto the edge of the cliff...forcing her to make a decision.

If jh did suggest to tw to move out with her, it shows that jh did try to save their marriage and give it another chance.

But sadly, tw doesnt see it that way and loses his final chance to salvage his marriage with jh.

Quite a sad way to begin the end of their marriage for the both of them.....

As for hw...i dont know what he will do in episode 27...

Given his high morals, he probably wouldnt pester jh again after getting the warning from tw.

Most likely, he would be able to find a chance to speak to sk about jh, the photo, the book, sk's mom, their engagement and their upcoming wedding, and most importantly, does his heart have a place for sk? Or his heart has long been taken up and will never ever be vacated...? These are the critical issues hw has to settle before he can think about jh...

Both tw and hw have flaws in their characters...sometimes i really cant stand the both of them too.

One is too fiesty, insensitive and impatient....

Thle other is too innate, indecisive, wishy washy....

Men! Argh...!

It's for sure that TW will not easily give up on JH. You're right...JH may ask TW to move far away from his family in order to salvage their marriage. But because TW's parents will most likely disapprove...TW will ignore his wife and obey his parents. At this point, as far as JH is concern TW can kiss their marriage good-bye. But knowing TW...he will insist his way and possibly use force.

As for HW. He knows JH is miserable and unhappy in her marriage. He loves her and probably always will. What is he going to do? It's my hope that he will set things straight with SK and let her go. It's clear that he doesn't love her - just guilt and pity..sorry reasons to get hitched!

What I really want to see..is an independent, strong and resilient JH.

Yeah i bet you will see jh regaining her self confidence, albeit slowly, because hj's bold move to leave kang family and sue for divorce settlement has somehow inspired her to go her own way too.

Jh now knows it is not impossible to divorce tw and break away from that twisted family...

Ji sun also wouldnt let jh return with tw unless she sees improvements in their treatment of jh, which is definitely not happening at all, given evil mil's high and mighty self ego...and wicked, twisted mentality towards people of a lower class...than them.

Jh will most likely rent an apartment somewhere without tw's knowledge. She will get her old job back and begin the separation process.

Tw will try his best to find her...and when he finds her finally after that one week ultimatum has long expired...he will realise how happy and contented jh is...without him in her life...

Im not sure if tw will confront jh about the msgs from hw...

Maybe he will...maybe he wouldnt...

But one thing is for sure...jh and tw will live separate lives pretty much soon.

That one week ultimatum from tw is going to mess things up for himself... sigh..what a desperate idiot.

Jh will find an apartment within that week and move out of ji sun's house, since ji sun's in laws have to sleep in her room eventually.

Before tw has come to realise jh has left her sister's place and living somewhere on her own..., he would still be naively thinking jh will return with him back to cold castle.

When he realises jh is missing or avoiding him...he will suspect hw has been hiding her...and probably take revenge on hw through the construction corruption case...

Anyways that one week is a crucial time for jh to run away and hide from tw.

Jh will probably get yeon soo to live with her for the time being...so she can take care of yeon soo...too.

Jh and tw will finally divorce sometime after hj and tj's divorce case gets settled...

By that time, jh and tw would have been separated for quite sometime too, so their divorce would be a fairly quick process, especially since jh doesnt want a penny from tw.

The thing about TW is all this time he believed that he had jh heart...I'm glad that he finds out that is not entirely true! Yes he's going to be mad as heck, but then I hope they do flash backs of all the warning signs jh gave him about her not loving him and he saying, "My love will do" crapola!

Guest SexyDolceVita

POSSIBLE SCENARIO FOR JI HYE TO MEET HYUN WOO'S MOM

After living on her own with yeon soo for a couple of months, jh and yeon soo are out one day when ys suddenly goes into labour.

Jh frantically sends ys to the hospital.

At the hospital, hw's mom helps ys to deliver her baby and during the process, gets to know jh.

Maybe sk's mom had met hw's mom a couple of months earlier to discuss about hw, sk and that god forsaken photo of jh and hw... The engagement was cancelled eventually.

Hw's mom remembers jh's face from the photo and decides to bring her and hw together.

She calls hw to come to the hospital to have dinner with her and deliberately makes him go to her station to meet her.

In the meantime, she calls jh out to her station to discuss about the documentation required for ys and the baby and where is the baby's father, as they need to write down the baby's father's name on the paperwork...

At this moment, jh and hw meet each other. They are shocked to see each other.

Hw's mom sees their reactions and especially her son's, hence she is confident hw really loves jh.

Jh writes down dae hyun's name awkwardly and his contact number, while hw looks at her with concern and curiosity.

Hw notices jh is not wearing a ring on her wedding finger anymore.

Jh also notices hw is without a ring.

Hw breaks the ice and asks if she is at the hospital for her family members?

Jh says her best friend has just given birth.

They walk to the nursery and look at the baby from the outside...through the glass.

Hw smiles and says the baby is cute.

Jh says yeah, the baby looks a lot like her best friend.

Jh asks what is hw doing at the hospital. Accompanying his fiance?

Hw stutters...urm...he is not engaged anymore...wedding was called off. He is here to see his mom, she is a nurse here.

Jh says...oh...she is sorry to ask about it.

Hw says it is okay...it was his fault anyways...

Jh says she has to go back to ys' ward, it is great meeting hw again. Take care...

Hw says the same to jh.

Jh smiles and walks back to the ward.

Hw goes to meet his mom.

His mom asks if he is okay.

He says yes...what is the occasion that she wants to dine with him?

She says no particular reason, she just wants to dine with him. Does he know that lady just now?

Hw says urm...yeah. She is an old friend.

Hw's mom says...an old friend?

Hw says yeah...let's have dinner now.

Hw's mom observes hw is in his forlorn brooding mode again.

To be continued....

I have been rewatching this drama from the beginning.  Wow, I am slowly catching all the details of this drama that I miss when I was in such a hurry to get to the end.  I am sorry but from the beginning TW was and still is a jerk.  JH had to tell him 2 times he has fail her and that was back in epi. 4 when he brought her home to meet the MIL/FIL.  So I will be interest in how he is going to get JH back into the "ice castle". 

For me when a man gives me that kind of order "you have one week to decide and then move back to the ice castle", I would just do the opposite.  I would not give him the "time of the day" because I will do my best to separate him and me.  I am hoping/praying JH do the same thing.  I am wondering what the sister will say when she hears what TW order is.  She will definitely go burn his house down if she hears JH thoughs of going back to the ice castle.

I cannot wait for this weekend because now we all will see how the writer is putting this drama to a closure.  Cannot wait!!

Guest raminrooz

kaciemom said:

I have been rewatching this drama from the beginning.  Wow, I am slowly catching all the details of this drama that I miss when I was in such a hurry to get to the end.  I am sorry but from the beginning TW was and still is a jerk.  JH had to tell him 2 times he has fail her and that was back in epi. 4 when he brought her home to meet the MIL/FIL.  So I will be interest in how he is going to get JH back into the "ice castle". 

For me when a man gives me that kind of order "you have one week to decide and then move back to the ice castle", I would just do the opposite.  I would not give him the "time of the day" because I will do my best to separate him and me.  I am hoping/praying JH do the same thing.  I am wondering what the sister will say when she hears what TW order is.  She will definitely go burn his house down if she hears JH thoughs of going back to the ice castle.

I cannot wait for this weekend because now we all will see how the writer is putting this drama to a closure.  Cannot wait!!

raminrooz said: kaciemom said:

SexyDolceVita said:
My Speculated Interpretations! Will be rectified and confirmed later...now pls just read for entertainment purposes.

Episode 27 synopsis
한 자리에 마주한 태욱과 현우 사이에는 묘한 긴장감이 흐르고, 태욱은 자신보다 지혜를 더 이해 하는 현우의 모습에 화가난다. 한편 만호는 혜정을 찾아와 이혼소송을 만류 하지만 혜정은 뜻을 굽히지 않고 소송을 준비해가는데..

After the tension filled meeting with Hyun Woo, Tae wook is mad that Hyun Woo understands Ji Hye better than him.
Kang Man Ho tries to threaten Hye Jung to withdraw her lawsuit but an adamant Hye Jung is determined to sue TaeJin all the way till the end...

Episode 28 synopsis

지혜는 자신을 데리러 온 태욱에게 집으로 돌아가지 않겠다며 거부하고 지혜의 완강한 태도에 태욱은 1주일의 시간을 주며 가 버린다. 한편 민정과 예솔의 상견례 자리에 애자와 희봉이 찾아오고 은희와 맞닥들이는데..

Tae Wook arrives at Ji Sun's place to pick up Ji Hye to return to their villa at Kang family estate. However, Ji Hye adamantly refuses to go back to the hellhole she barely made it out alive earlier. Tae Wook gives Ji Hye a one week ultimatum to return to their villa.
OR
After Ji Hye has been staying at Ji Sun's house for one week, Tae Wook wants to bring Ji Hye back to their villa but Ji Hye adamantly refuses to return to the hellhole she barely made it out alive earlier.

Both families of Min Jung and Ye Seul are brought together for a meeting by Eun Hee? (really not sure about this... :P)

Guest SexyDolceVita

me either. can't stand this dragging emotions. HW has to pali pali go to JH or I am kicking his a** towards JH!!!!!!!!! gahhhhhhhhhhhhh

this writer is a psychooooooooooooo

This drama is about how the different characters face their problems in their marriages and lives...and how they overcome these problems and accept their decisions.

Some may fix their problems by getting a divorce.

Some may fix their marriages by changing themselves and others...

That is why the drama may be too real for koreans' taste...

But i like it...because it is refreshing to see a drama not going the cinderella direction like...The Heirs...

What this drama could have done though is to show us the past dating scenes of jh and tw, so we understand why from the beginning, jh and tw's relationship is not that cohesive and is built on tw's omission of his family background.

Thus, we can understand why jh, having been single all the while, finally caved into tw's aggressive advances....giving him and herself a chance to see if their relationship could work, plus she is at the age to marry and the pressure from her family, friends and colleagues...to give tw a chance kinda propels jh to enter in a relationship with him, after he has been pursuing her non stop for a year... at that stage, she cannot find any fault in tw, because he is really near perfect.

Then...to improve the drama further, maybe the writer can insert scenes of a young ji sun raising the young ji hye, perhaps during the scenes in episode 25, where js is holding jh's hand while jh is sleeping... js can recall the times jh was a happy child and js taking care of her...then cut back to reality, and js looks at jh and cries silently... the emotional impact will be greater...

I mean i dont mind fillers to fill up the extended episodes but they have to be done with meaning and emotional impact...

Unfortunately, this drama features four women, so the screen time is greatly divided. The sad end result is every character doesnt get a good background introduction...so we can only focus on the movements of the plot... :(

If you compare Wang Family to Goddess of Marriage, because they only focus on one family, the main characters get ample time for background introductions and development...plus it is fifty episodes, so in depth character display can be achieved...hence the plot doesnt seem so draggy...

I wonder if jh, tw, hw, sk's story can be made into just one drama of 16 or 20 or 24 episodes, with an in depth approach in revealing their backgrounds, lives and thinking processes... maybe this could be a better approach...

Anyways... that is just my perspective...

GoM still has its merits though...the cast and their impressive acting.

Really...if not for the cast, and just relying on the stories along with an average cast, who usually appear in second tier dramas, i think i will give up after watching the first half of the drama....

So...i thank the casting director and the writer for their capabilities in choosing the right actor for the right role.

All we can do now is wait and watch...i think once we get past episodes 27, 28, things will move at a faster pace...

Take this experience as sipping a good expensive bottle of Bordeaux 1982. You wouldnt want to drink it at one go. You would want to savour it sip by sip, glass by glass, leisurely on a quiet, breezy Saturday night on a balcony looking at the sea with the splashing sea waves as background music.

This is the approach i am taking now...towards GoM.

Archived