[Drama 2013] Mandate of Heaven 천명:조선판 도망자 이야기

Guest jjsweeter0211

Guest jjsweeter0211

Thanks  everyone for  awesome updates :x@NEWMARIO : >:D
tumblr_mlvuk49AFd1qbxx00o7_250.giftumblr_mlvuk49AFd1qbxx00o1_250.giftumblr_mlvuk49AFd1qbxx00o2_250.giftumblr_mlvuk49AFd1qbxx00o8_250.giftumblr_mlvuk49AFd1qbxx00o6_250.giftumblr_mlvuk49AFd1qbxx00o3_250.giftumblr_mlvuk49AFd1qbxx00o4_250.giftumblr_mlvuk49AFd1qbxx00o5_250.gif
“I have to drink medicine everyday, get acupuncture and I can’t go outside to play with my friends. I’m going to tell mommy to take me with her. I’m just going to die!”

cr to shura

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest NEWMARIO

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-size: 26px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; visibility: visible;"Song Ji Hyo Praised for Her Exceptional Acting in “Mandate of Heaven”lee23j April 27, 2013No CommentsSong Ji Hyo Praised for Her Exceptional Acting in “Mandate of Heaven”

On the most recent episode of the new KBS drama “Mandate of Heaven: The Fugitive of Joseon,” Song Ji Hyo‘s character Hong Da In rescued Choi Rang (played by Kim Yoo Bin) from an explosion and performed acupuncture on her. When Choi Won (played by Lee Dong Wook) came looking for his daughter, Song Ji Hyo playfully scolded him for “smelling like a widower,” and advised him to let a female physician treat little Rang. 

Hong Da In also had a little argument with Choi Won at the in-palace library, when he was studying blood aperture to cure his daughter’s disease. When Choi Won disparaged Hong Da In’s ability because she is a woman, she was offended and said, “I will show you it’s not all talk. I will show to where the blood aperture you were studying is.” 

A representative from the drama praised Song Ji Hyo, “Song Ji Hyo’s ability in understanding the character is beyond anyone’s expectations. She is doing such a great job at portraying this new female character of Joseon that is completely different from the previous portrayal of them as subservient and passive individuals. There are so much more of Hong Da In’s charms to come in the drama. Please continue to pay close attention to ‘Mandate of Heaven.’” 

Meanwhile, Hong Da In finds out that Choi Won is about to be framed for murder. Whether she will get involved to exonerate Choi Won from false charges or stand back will be uncovered in the upcoming episode of “Mandate of Heaven,” which will air on May 1 at 10pm KST. 

songjihyo.jpg

CR: SOOMPI

Guest acejihyo1430291821

just from a visual standpoint, this drama is gorgeous (lighting, camera, backdrop, etc). i also rather like the saguek element blended w/ the more modern "fugitive" concept. hoping the drama continues in line with the rather good start it had.

helohello,, newbie over here....I wanna ask, does anyone has ep2 with eng sub? please share it here.. I cant find that episode.For me SJH's acting is okay,, but i'm confused with two cotradictory articles about sjh's acting. What about your opinion guys?

NEWMARIO said: class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-size: 26px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; visibility: visible;"Song Ji Hyo Praised for Her Exceptional Acting in “Mandate of Heaven”lee23j April 27, 2013No Comments

songjihyo.jpg

CR: SOOMPI

Guest sicknine

So, I give it a try for this drama. I'm not a fans of fugitive genre drama. But because of Lee Dong Wook and moreover I wanted to see how Seulong act in sageuk drama, I watched the first episode. I just noticed that Viki still didn't get the licence for this drama. How sad! 
And I done searching and reading about King Injong history right now. It seems like this drama is following the history of King Injong. Queen Moonjeong (concubine and also step mother for Lee Ho) in the history said she doesn't like Lee Ho (King Injong) and tried to poison him because she wanted her son take the throne. It makes me sad that King Injong was able to ruled Joseon for only 9 months and after that it was replaced by his step-brother (Queen Moonjeong's son) . 
As for the kid actress, I like her so much! She is so adorable. I know her since The Princess' Man. 
I thought this drama will be all serious and action. And didn't expect there will be a humor in it. I really enjoy how Lee Dong Wook acting comedy in it.  I still can't adapt that Song Ji Hyo and Lee Dong Wook will be paired it up in this drama. Well, we will see how it progress throughout this 24 episodes drama.
I really wanted to see how it progress until Choi Won been accused poisoning King Injong. And also, I really wanted to know why Choi Won't grandfather hands been chopped down just because he couldn't heal an old man?   :-?  I really don't understand this part. 
Perhaps due to little availability of subtitle, I will watch this on and off. 

Guest sicknine

Translation for Character Descriptions by allkoreandrama.com

Character Description

hea1-150x150.jpg
Choi Won

Royal doctor

His life principle is : No need to be a big man. Live small life, but, live long life!
He’s a great royal doctor who works in palace. But, he hides it.
He’s not interested in promotion, he only wants to spend time with his daughter.
He’s also not interested in palace’s politic, he only wants to find the cure for his daughter.
Because of that, he is treated as a crazy, delinquent doctor in the palace. But, he is not a doctor who does not have skill. He just avoids political game.

hea2-150x150.jpg
Hong Dain

Royal nurse.

She’s a neat nurse in the palace who’s very displeased that a doctor like Choi Won only wandering around in the palace
When her father was involved in political feud, she happened to be the government slave, then a doctor saved her.

hea4-150x150.jpg
Lee Ho

Crown prince of King Joongjong. In real history, He becomes King next to his father. He was the political rival of Queen Munjung.

Unfortunate Crown prince with two faces.
In the midst of bloody political war, he could keep his position because he’s smart and noble.
But he also has his craziness too.
Since he was born as the crown prince, his life has been threatened.
Many of his beloved men have been killed , such as his personal doctor Choi Changson and his personal teacher Jo Kwangjo. As he could not save them, he always suspects all people around him. That was the way he has lived.

But, there is only one man whom he can believe in the palace. The man had helped him to be King safely. It is Choi Changson’s grandson, Choi Won

hea3-150x150.jpg
Choi Rang

Choi Won’s only daughter. She has incurable disease.

Her mother died when gave birth to her.
The more she grows up, the more she resembles her dead mother. Even ‘the bad illness that caused her mother’s death’ is inherited to her. (Later, the illness was identified as blood cancer). In spite of incurable illness, she is bright and smart.
She knows that her illness makes her father sad and difficult.

hea5-150x150.jpg
Queen Munjung

2nd queen of King Joongjong.

Lady who wanted to be a King nstead of Queen.
She tries to assassinate Crown prince, Lee Ho, to make her own son as the King. She is the hidden-leader of SoYoon group (=One of government power group).
When she was chosen as the 2nd Queen at the age of 16, people in the palace just wanted her to be a warm mother of baby Lee Ho. But, it was not enough for her. To have power, she must make her own son as the King.
Lee Ho, Crown prince is the only obstacle for her.

hea6-150x150.jpg
Lee Junghwan

Policeman. Cold chaser who chases Choi Won.

He is a born soldier.
He is a lady-killer who knows every geisha’s name in geisha house.
But, he is the best detective with superior martial art skill. He also mastered forensic science. So, his arrest rate reaches 100%. Among thieves, his nickname is “Measles devil”. The nickname means; if a thief is noticed by him, he is already near in dead-status. So, it is his destiny that he chases a refugee who murdered royal doctor in the palace.

hea7-150x150.jpg
So Baek

Geochil’s daughter. Simple, ignorant and lively girl.

Sole daughter of street-thieves-boss. She met Choi Won while he running as a fugitive. She is simple and ignorant. Her laugh is loud and she wishes she’s born as a man and she lost her mother in her early age.

When she attacked the prison to rescue her father, she happenen to help Choi Won. 

Archived