[Drama 2013] You're The Best Lee Soon Shin - 최고다 이순신

phoung

Guest Fidelity

Woo, I'm happy to see Lee Ji-Hoon in this drama after School 2013! He didn't appear in any drama promo stills that I saw so I thought his scenes would be very limited, but he had more scenes than I expected. I love his character type too, which is that of a loyal-comic-relief, best-friend of a leading character.

I love Lee Soon Shin's character already - hopefully episode 3 will be good!

• Replies 44.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great two episodes and pretty good cast. I'm sure ratings will continue to go upwards. Lots of veteran actors there and IU is loved by everyone in SK and she's doing so well here. Like everyone else, I love the FALL and the CAT scenes lol and the stairway scene too. The writer must have been surprised by the cat the same way while writing the script, otherwise, who would have thought of that!? :D Looking forward to more episodes  :D
@wangnyeo Hi there chinggu. :-h Nice to see you here as well.

Guest moccamocca

IU‘s ‘You’re the Best, Lee Soon Shin‘ has managed to set off some criticism due to the name “Lee Soon Shin” involved in the title as well as it being the main character’s (IU) name.

The international youth organization ‘DN‘ (Designed Nation) has filed against them asking for a change in the name. As an organization that focuses on the education of students studying overseas, they commented through an official press release, “On March 6th, we filed an injunction against the KBS 2TV weekend drama ‘You’re the Best, Lee Soon Shin’ to ban them from using their title and the main character’s name, broadcasting, and selling copyright items, to the Seoul Central District Court. The recreation of Lee Soon Shin’s image through the KBS’ broadcast is very severe. If you search Lee Soon Shin on Naver, these days, everything you’ll get is IU, from the name to the images. By the end of the drama, Lee Soon Shin will have become IU to students.

For those unfamiliar with Lee Soon Shin, the name is one everyone in Korea knows. Lee Soon Shin is the most respected naval commander in Korea’s history, having led the Korean navy to many victories during the Joseon Dynasty. He is one of the first historical names that children learn about in schools and thus, this may not propose much problem for those who are already well aware. However, for little kids in Korea, as well as students abroad and other international students who are learning about Korea and its culture, with searches for Lee Soon Shin now resulting in matches of IU and the drama, the organization has decided to step up to point this out.

KBS responded, “We know the terms of the injunction. But we have no intent to belittle general Lee Soon Shin. Actually, the main character Lee Soon Shin grows into a great character from a bad environment. We are disappointed that they are making a problem with just the title and the main character’s name.

However, despite not wanting to bring down Lee Soon Shin’s name, the characters in the show were seen stepping on the 100-KRW coin, with General Lee Soon Shin’s face on it. Not only that, in the drama, the character Lee Soon Shin (IU) was told, “You’re worth only 100 KRW“, “Go protect Dokdo or something“, and other comments that viewers felt disrespected the historical figure.

Source: http://www.allkpop.com/2013/03/ius-drama-asked-to-change-title-and-name-of-main-character-by-youth-organization-dn

This is what I think... after watching episode 2...
I think Chang Hun (IU's dad) had an affair with Song Mi Ryeong (the actress)and bore IU but she gave up IU to Chang Hun for her career.
I think this is going to be a good story.  Hope it stays like that until episode 60(??- if it gets extended).

It's actually 50 episodes but if it continues to do well... it might be extended to 60 episodes. A weekend drama at 2 episodes per week.
__________________IU has great potential as an actress. She's a natural. Not that I'm an IU fan.
I think Lee Ji Hoon should be the leading man.  He looks good with IU.I think he's going to form a love triangle with IU.

I really hope Soon Shin will be singer in this drama and not actress. I mean Jun-ho was singer songwriter So isnt better if he trained her to become singer and discovered she has talent for it? Plus they have the two leads who can sing so it will be a waste if they dont make them sing at least once in the drama.

Imagine the Duet sing by IU n JJS during their scenes.

TAHITI lends their voices for ‘You’re the Best Lee Soon Shin’ OST
id="watch-headline-title"[sneak Peek] Tahiti (타히티) -Molla Molla (몰라몰라)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AidCIQO_-EM

Guest jiaxin1603

phoung

wrote:

»

I really hope Soon Shin will be singer in this drama and not actress. I mean Jun-ho was singer songwriter So isnt better if he trained her to become singer and discovered she has talent for it? Plus they have the two leads who can sing their ass off so it will be a waste if they dont make them sing at least one in the drama.<br />

<br />

Imagine the Duet sing by IU n JJS during their scenes.<br />

<br />

TAHITI lends their voices for ‘You’re the Best Lee Soon Shin’ OST <br />

[sneak Peek] Tahiti (타히티) -Molla Molla (몰라몰라)<br />

@jiaxin1603 No, the plot has not changed. From what i read, the production company have never specified whether she will be actress or singer. It was reporters/bloggers that assumed her profession. So for now i think they can go either way. That's why I said i hope they will let her be singer. Since the two leads can sing~

I think its like Dae Jang Geum. At 1st bacause they haven't found her talent, they'll go for actress. But in the process the found out that Soon Shin have a really amazing voice. Then she'll choose to be a singer. Maybe that singing thing will be the red thread between JJS and IU in this drama. In the 1st 2 eps we learn that before JJS is a singer but give up on his dream because of that actress girl.

Archived