[Drama 2013] Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신

Guest nozomikizumi

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@lineadeleon, hello and welcome to the IOM thread.
So glad you could join us.  :-h

@krgirl87 and lineadeleon, here's the answer:

Incarnation of money's Kang Ji Hwan shows the end of the transformation.
translated by pechumori

304313_498698993499650_1565428951_n.jpg

Kang Ji Hwan went through an unconventional transformation in the currently airing SBS weekend drama, "Incarnation of Money" that transcends the imagination. This
is expected to draw the attention of the viewers. The transformation of Kang Ji Hwan will be aired this week. The eye catching silhouette and the hot pink lipstick that are reminiscent of the white virgin ghost is expected to fascinate the viewers.
Kang Ji Hwan's impersonation of the empress of the Joseon era presents to us a stunning beauty despite his not having enough time to sleep due to the hectic shooting schedule. The costumes,hair, makeup and the change in the tone of his voice were taken into consideration to show off a feminine side to create a funny scene which brought a friendly atmosphore at the conclusion of the shoot.
credit: star.fnnews

source:   Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신  FB

Guest dredz

Yey, what happened to CD?!  why abrupt changed of character? lol! Done watching  epi10 and cant get over of his sudden changed from being so funny, innocent and smart  turned greedy prosecutor. And now, CD as a lovely woman? lol! Kudos to KJH ssi' outstanding performance!  =D>He must be loving his character as Lee Cha Don as he is challenged to do various roles. :-bd
Hi,  my first time here.  
::\">

Hello @dredz, my friend! Welcome to the IOM thread!
Happy to see you here! 
:-h

CELEB STYLE

KANG JI HWAN WEARS TOM FORD EYEGLASSES IN "INCARNATION OF MONEY"
translated by pechumori 3/7/13

23879_498827330153483_1515757736_n.jpg

156033_498828583486691_833935696_n.jpg

540841_498828850153331_398359710_n.jpg

269190_498828970153319_934140209_n.jpg

541059_498829933486556_1335819141_n.jpg

Kang Ji Hwan plays Lee Cha Don in the increasingly exciting story that unfolds in the drama, "Incarnation of Money". The comedic acting of Kang Ji Hwan and Hwang Jung Eum are some of the elements that make the weekend more enjoyable! The drama story as well as the style of the lead actor, Kang Ji Hwan's eye wear became a hot topic.

In this scene from Episode 4, the story behind Lee Cha Don's childhood is presented to the viewers when he visited the orphanage and heard the story about his sponsor. Kang Ji Hwan wearing a deep brown Knitted sweater with black pants shows a neat and dandy style. He wore a smooth curved shape eyewear in order to produce an intelligent and stylish look.
credit: nave
r

source: Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신  FB

I am presenting this article which was released last year in support of my earlier post

TOM FORD SELECTS KANG JI HWAN AS THE FIRST KOREAN MODEL FOR HIS EYE WEAR LINE
by ockoala April 2, 2012

602166_498839633485586_1269739289_n.jpg

In what might be a case of cinematic fiction mirroring real life, Kang Ji Hwan plays a cop pretending to be a male model in his upcoming movie, Detective Cha (Runway Cop), while he has recently become the first Korean model for the Tom Ford line of glasses.
He really captures the Tom Ford aura of sexy sartorial splendor, in that distinctly European vibe. I actually think he takes the attention from the eyewear, since I'm focusing more on him and wouldn't even have known he was modeling glasses unless someone told me. Love his hairstyle for this spread, but I can do without the sparkling sequined jacket courtesy of Mr. Ford's latest collection.
credit: koalasplayground
source: Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신  FB

Hello everybody !!
That preview looks funny ( but I have no clue what they say)
I wanted to ask if anybody else thinks that the lawyer was actually killed by one of the ''traitagon'' like they are called by dramabeans in her recaps because he really wanted to spill the beans to CD ?
I personally think that out of all the bad guy band, the lawyer was the weakest link. Se Kwang clearly never regretted what he did and was definitely never burdened by his misdeeds. But I felt differently about the lawyer. He is the only one who lost all his money and the one who was clearly admitting how low he is. This seems to me to be indication that he actually felt the burden of what he did a lot more than he let on. I think he didn't realise how much the mother son pair will suffer and started feeling the weight of what he did.  Some things that led me to this impression are that he was the one who gave money for CD's mom to the doctor to take care of her ( although SK knew about it); in their discussions he never asked for more money (some of the rest did try to get more) and didn't rejoin the others in their new plans, but went against them in a way ( whereas the rest continue doing misdeeds together). So then when he accidentally found out CD's true identity, he probably decided to tell him his real mane maybe planning to get some money for the information. Starting from this hypothesis, I think that the ''traitagon'' found out about it somehow and also found out about CD's true identity. So the lawyer got murdered and Se kwang decided that the best defense is attack. Therefore, he decided to attack CD and take him down from his prosecutor position before he starts putting things together and realises who he is. Probably he knew before that CD is the shudal, but never really cared because there was nothing in it for him. From the mayor's case we know that he didn't do it for the justice, but because  there was something in it for him as well. So, the question I have now is... how much more time is there for the case of the death of the dad according to the statue of limitations ? Can that still be judged or will CD have to prove that they killed the lawyer to catch SK ? I personally think it will be one of those ''last moment'' things, in which CD gets to put SK on trial for this just the day it expires or so.
Also, something else, /i hope the video cameras that Boss Bok put will some in handy, letting her know everything they planned and did and will serve as proof in the trial against them..

Nice to see you again, @inuank. For the killer to have a motive, it would definitely be one of the traitagon. Let's keep using that term. It would not be a thief because his belongings were still with him.

I like your point about Lawyer Hwang. The fact that he spoiled away his loot and lived a careless life means he is being haunted by his conscience for what he has done to the family he once served. He probably had sleepless nights that led him to gamble and drink, thinking that these would make him forget his crimes. The rest live as if they did nothing wrong and Se Kwang even bragged to CD's mother about what he did, in the thought perhaps that CD would never catch up with him. Let's just wait awhile. I want to see PAYBACK TIME for these traitagon.

Guest farstrep

Random screen caps I took for the later half of Episode 11. Apologies for not capturing the first half as the streaming wasn't that great.

iom11_zps83e8db92.png

iom12_zpsc5f05756.png

iom14_zps7bb2166d.png

iom15_zpscd4f46ab.png

iom13_zpsfa3ba95f.png

iom16_zps1875e178.png

iom17_zpsc5bffa61.png

iom18_zps69671a22.png

iom19_zpsb03147ec.png

iom22_zpsd8fcbf61.png

iom23_zpsa9ae80dd.png

iom24_zps3f72383a.png

iom25_zps4fa8201f.png

iom26_zps04ee252a.png

iom27_zps52a3b86f.png

iom28_zpsa04f3005.png

iom29_zps4df389c7.png

iom30_zps1f1ded31.png

iom31_zps887015ad.png

iom32_zps2ddb246c.png

iom33_zpse66689c6.png

iom34_zps57de42ea.png

iom35_zpscc40e7f5.png

iom36_zpsf0c4b1d0.png

iom37_zps7d4ba1fd.png

iom38_zpsa4050cf2.png

iom39_zps5bd26c72.png

iom40_zps45f03775.png

Guest NEWMARIO

[20130310]Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신_Ep12 Preview

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xy2r7u_20130310-incarnation-of-money-yy-yy-ep12-preview_shortfilms

Guest doanlan

omo.... now we find out that Cha Don is not stupid, not at all; he's very smart

He pretends like he's crazy to see what happens in the psychiatric center where SK placed his mother ( he doen't know yet)

revenge time will coming

Guest bluebear847

Hi everyone!  I'm a translator from the My Daughter Seo Young drama thread (you guys should watch it, it's a really good family drama that just ended for KBS hint hint) but @ck1Oz said that you guys were needing someone to translate an article for Incarnation of Money with Kang Ji Hwan so I translated it for you guys by request of @pechomuri and @ck1Oz.  Hope you guys enjoy it!
http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LPOD&mid=sec&sid1=&oid=419&aid=0000000049

164424148_1.jpg

JSH is the reporter asking questions, KJH is of course Kang Ji Hwan :)

[Jung Suk Hee Intervew] 2nd Part.  Actors talk through their acting.

SBS's 'Incarnation of Money' is the drama made from the same director, writer, and team that raised viewership ratings to 40% with 2010's SBS drama Giant.  On top of that actors Park Sang Min and Hwang Jung Eum being added to the cast there were thoughts that this would become "Giant 2," but with the addition of Kwang Ji Hwan as the main lead the thoughts changed.  A new drama came into light where comic (comedy) and drama cross.  However, unfortunately 'Incarnation of Money' is in the situation of being head to head for first place with MBC's '100 Years Inheritance.'  So will the patiently waiting Kang Ji Hwan be able to get the credit for this?

JSH: In the drama Lee Cha Don (Kang Ji Hwan) says he wants to work for justice, but the actor Kang Ji Hwan must probably have a lot of thoughts about justice...

KJH:  Whilst I have felt this and have learned a lot, and so honestly I am more careful.  The job of a celebrity is like that.  However, this time starting this drama there is something I pledged to do.  It is the right thing for actors to speak through their acting.

(My Comment: So, this beginning part is I think talking about his recent scandal/issue with him ending his contract with his agency early and the problems that arose from that.  It's just pointing to that in a roundabout way just an FYI.)

JSH: Is there something in your life that you really want to uphold?  Even if it isn't as big as 'justice.'

KJH: (After thinking a lot) I want to become a good person to the people around me.  I like the saying 'One person can mean so much more than 100 people.'  Since I don't have an extroverted personality I don't have a lot of interpersonal relationships.  However, instead of focusing on 100 people I emphasize on a single person.  I don't have a lot of friends but for the people that are around me I want to feed them good things and take them to nice places.

JSH:  But Lee Cha Don doesn't have even the "one person."  After losing everything and being betrayed by those around him he doesn't have anyone.  In other dramas even at an orphanage there is at least one person or friend that becomes really close and they bond.

KJH:  Now that you mention it that is true.  Mischievous.  (Laughs)

JSH:  He has nobody to complain to.  Except for the chicken farm there is noone that is even close.

KJH:  He wanted someone for sponsorship so he does it blindly without looking into it.  It's lonely isn't it?  (Laughs)  All of a sudden I feel so lonely.

JSH:  Unlike Lee Cha Don Kang Ji Hwan has fans right?

KJH:  Of course.  You don't even know how strong their support is.  I debuted as a musical actor.  Since I was a rookie there was the absolute that the audience would not even give me a second glance but I felt a little disappointed.  Once in awhile my parents or someone I knew would come to see me but the spotlight would always be on the lead.  These stories are already from 8,9 years ago.  Then for the first time I started receiving attention from the musical 'Rocky Horror Picture Show.'  I went out wanting to jump out of my body.  After the show two fans came to look for me backstage.  It was the first time.  After that I went around like I was flying up until the musical ended.  I could feel the eyes of the 300 audience members watching me.  I cannot forget that moment of feeling.  So there are many things that I want to do together and frequently with fans.

JSH:  At hard times, fans must give you a lot of strength right?

KJH: If a bad news article comes out I can't talk about it with my parents because it will worry them, and I don't feel right talking about it to my friends, so I go into my fan site.  On there, there are a lot of warming and nice words that they write.  It's probably more fitting to get intellectual advice and wisdom but honestly when it's so hard to even go on I don't want to hear or see rotten words.  During hard times I keep looking at the comments that cheer me on and say good things.  I look at ones I've already seen again, and then the next day look at it again.  I read it a dozen times a day.  Even though people turn their backs on me, there are people that worry about me and comfort me, so I think that I must do better.

JSH:  In particular, 'Kyungsang Scandal' and 'Hong Gil Dong' there was a lot of fan mania, there are some fans that want you to do another period piece right?

KJH: I always feel that unfortunate feeling, I know where the top of the mountain is but I always have the feeling that I'm lingering on the edge.  There is a hunger.  However, like I said, honestly I am independent now.  I can now make the decisions on what projects I want to work on without all the superfluous details.  In the decisions I make there might be good ones and bad ones but there will be a variety of characters that I want to try.

JSH:  Kang Ji Hwan is a rare actor that has good luck with, comedy, action, and melodramas.  The director said that he waited for Kang Ji Hwan.  Did you feel the expectation on you?

KJH:  My heart was touched at those words that he was waiting for me.  After shooting for two or three times the camera director came to me and held my hands and said, "The reason why I waited for you, JiHwan, has been verified," after saying that my heart felt so warm, I really felt good.

JSH: This is the first time that you've met this crew right?  These people usually work as one team, so wasn't it awkward for you to go in their team alone?

KJH: It was the feeling of adopting a stepson.  'This is a really warm family atmosphere!' 'This is a family where I can live comfortably and be loved!' it was that kind of feeling.  The director is the type of person that holds together the actors and crew, he doesn't make a lot of noise and when he works he is very detail-minded and points out specific things.  He makes winning results happen.  He thinks with me on things like tone adjustment so that I can achieve my objective in the scene.

JSH:  'Incarnation of Money' is receiving a lot of surprise attention for the night scenes.  Because there are a lot of various settings you guys must have to move around a lot.

KJH: There is a little bit of hardships from those shootings.  There was a blockbuster scene we shot from the SBS buildings roof with a heli-cam of a demolishing scene.  Lee Gil Bok the scene director always says, "I don't know about viewer ratings.  But after shooting I feel confident.  That is why don't feel embarrassed and always have fun while filming.  Then the viewer ratings just follow."  He says commandingly like a strong army general, "Follow me."  Maybe that's why, but you just end up following him.

JSH: The first and second episode had the feeling of a horrible(cheesy) drama.  We thought, what is KJH going to do in this kind of drama but in the last mirror scene of the second episode it turned to be almost like a totally different drama.  We thought, 'The beginning scenes were made for KJH to pave the road!'

KHJ: In the first and second episodes Park Ji Bin showed such strong acting that I was worried.  The character too goes from meaningful to comic all of a sudden.  So, it was a lot of burden.  The scenes where I change I practiced a lot in the bathroom and paid a lot of attention to them.  I would research and then practice looking in the mirror.

JSH: In the drama when you met your mom, there was a moment of unwitting when Lee Cha Don changed with a warm look in his eyes that is unlike his usual self.  The part that you can naturally change from various facial expressions and looks in your eyes must be the reason why the crew waited for you.

KHJ:  I like that I am able to show the feelings of change, just as there are a variety of personal triumphs and disasters.  Even in an evil person there can be good sides to them and in good people there can be a hidden evil side too, it is fun to pull out the lurking sides of people.

JSH: When you did MBC 'Saving My Hubby' you had a cool image and danced in front of shop windows.  Do you usually have that energy to do those things?

KJH:  I'm not sure...why those kinds of things come out in front of a camera.  I'm thinking that's why I'm an actor.  I'm actually more shy.  They say I'm seen as more of a comic actor but I'm really more of a melodramatic actor inside. (laughs)

JSH: I mentioned that it wasn't probable/realistic for Lee Cha Don to become a genius and the director said this is so.  To say it directly it is a situation that comes out of a made up story (laughs) Is it fun to play a genius?

KJH: The writer knows a lot about my situation and has seen a lot of my work.  In a drama about law the terminology is hard but to make it more comfortable for me the writer tries to reflect a little more of my capabilities.

JSH:  Because you are the main lead you meet many different actors.  What kind of actor is your counterpart Hwang Jung Eum?

KJH: She is an actress where the character lives through.  There are a lot of scene with full on disguises, I had to wear a lot of costumes before for the movie 'ChaHyungSa.'  Even for a guy it is burdensome but for a woman like JunEum it would be so much.  She is a person that put a lot of thought into her character.  I think I know now what they mean by Sunbaes being proud and taking care of their hoobaes.

JSH: KwonHyuk (Do Ji Han) the prosecutor is young amongst his fellow actors how do you feel about this?

KJH:  It must feel good to be young. (Laughs) I wonder if he's gone to the army yet?  I think about those kinds of things.

JSH: The character too, but if you look at his facial expressions don't you feel the nervousness/tension.

KJH: I want to help him somehow to relieve the anxiety as a sunbae but I don't want him to feel pressured so I try to be more careful.  I want to say let's go eat but I worry that he's just coming because he feels he has to.  Choi Yoo Jin is already a refreshing and bright friend from before so when we meet up it's busy.  (Laughs) She's a friend that gives me energy whenever I feel tired or that it's difficult.  An encouraging energizer.

JSH:  When you're not working what do you do?

KJH: I stay at home a lot.  I have a lot of stuff to do around the house.  My hobby is in interior design so I change the furniture here and there, I like to clean, and I even like to sweep and wipe all of it.  One of my favorite hobbies is to go grocery shopping and find and buy things that I need for the house.  People who like to go fishing like the feeling they catch a fish right?  Well, I feel that way when I move around the vacuum cleaner.  I like cars too, but not for the speed, I like to to tune cars.

JSH:  Then you must have a pretty house?

KJH:  Yes.  I try to live and make it as beautiful as I can.  (Laughs)  My dream is to make a "Ji Hwan Land," after that I'd like to get married.

JSH: From MBC's 'Saving My Hubby' both you and Han Hae Jin became stars.  You must have had the feeling of comrades.

KJH: At that time I was 29.  When I was doing musicals in my mid-20s and getting only small parts, I felt like I was not making enough money for that age, I thought if I'm still doing this when I'm 30 I will stop.  Just then, 'Saving My Hubby' did very well.  So that project has a much deeper meaning to me.  We don't keep in touch very often but Han Hae Jin's nickname was Cabbage head.  Even at formal events when I see her I say "Cabbage Head!"  (Laughs) We saw each other everyday for 8 months to do 163 episodes so it's always good to see her.

JSH:  Which actress that you've worked with do you remember the most?

KJH: Han Hae Jin too, KBS2's 'Kyungsan Scandal's' Han Ji Min, it was comfortable with Han Go Eun from MBC's 'Playing with Fire' and it was fun with Han Chae Young.  Surprisingly all there last names are 'Han.'

JSH: We will have to see if you will get married with a 'Han.'  What project did you like the most?

KJH: I don't know if it might sound hypocritical but it's 'Incarnation of Money.'  It's a project that I really wanted to be a part of and show people.  I wanted to show a change and it was a project that I could have missed but I was glad that there was a director and writer that waited for me.  Over everything else I liked the feeling that I was able to break into the house where a high fence was built around it.  No matter what it seems like this project will change my acting career.

JSH:  There were a lot of people who watched the first and second episode and thought this is a bad drama.

KJH: After episode 7 and 8 it is full of changes so please be filled with anticipation.  But production and the camera director are very positive.  I was worried to go against the popular MBC's '100 Years Inheritance' which plays at the same time slot but the director just said, "Just follow and trust me, then all will go well!"

JSH:  This time your styling suits you well.  You seem like a prosecutor but at the same time are different from Park Sang Min.

KJH:  We thought that we must give some kind of styling point.  Because the character's like a prosecutor but we didn't want to overdo it so we tried to express it with short hair and knits.  When there's a transformation in the character the plan is for the hair to go shorter.  Like 'Even if you don't say it, you know!' just by looking at it the viewers will feel that Lee Cha Don has changed.

JSH:  It is reminiscent of Choung Bo suk in the first scene in the movie, 'An Afternoon on a Day Like a Dog' which has been about 20 years ago.

KJH:  Ah, when I was a rookie I heard a lot that I looked similar to him.

JSH: Just like how Yu In Shik director waited for you, your fans are waiting to meet Kang Ji Hwan again, do you have a lot of foreign fans?

KJH:  It's steady.  Korean fans don't have a reason to come to the set unless there are Idols, but foreign fans ride an airplane and come to the set.  All I can do is give them an autograph and take a picture with them.

JSH: Is there someone that you like as a fan?

KJH:  Of course.  Girl groups well...(laughs) The genre is different so we don't have any reason to meet.

JSH:  If you could meet someone right now then who do you want to see?

KJH:  Girl's Generation and Sistar.  (Laughs) I'm still amazed by celebrities.

JSH: Is there a celebrity that you want to be close with?

KJH:  It's surprising but I'm comfortable friends with ChunHyunMu.  People say that we don't seem like we match, but during the movie '7the Grade Civil Servants' we did an interview.  After it ended, he said we are the same age let's just talk to each other comfortably, and asked for my phone number.  From then on we became close friends.  (Laughs)
(At that time a member of the step team let's us know he's needed on set)

JSH:  Thanks for your time even though you are busy.  'Money Incarnation' interview has ended with ChunHyunMu.  (Laughs)

END.

Hope you enjoyed it!  On a sidenote is there some kind of chicken farm in this drama?  I felt like I translated that wrong but it doesn't mean anything else...

Archived