epsxe problems

pervert

Sorry for not posting in the troubleshooting and help section but it's a ghost town over there. I recently opened epsxe 1.7 for the first time in months to continue a game and it worked pretty well, but after I closed it and tried to open it again, the game wouldn't start. I was playing FF7 again for the zillionth time and after it shows the squaresoft screen, it goes black and I never see the start screen. I couldn't figure out what the problem was so I tried to open FF8 and nothing showed at all. Gran Turismo 2 worked for some reason. I'm hoping it isn't a problem with my roms? Because they're huge files and I don't want to bother downloading them again.
I did a system restore and it worked, but when I closed the emulator and opened it again, like the first time, it wouldn't show me the start screen (on FF7). What could it be?

Archived