[Drama 2012] Missing You / I Miss You 보고싶다

Guest DJG

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible;"Celebrity Popularity Trends: Appearances, Talents, and Now Moralitylee23j March 19, 2013No CommentsCelebrity Popularity Trends: Appearances, Talents, and Now Morality

A little while ago, actor Yoo Seung Ho‘s enlistment garnered much attention online and offline. Since all male citizens in Korea have to join the military during their 20s and many male celebrities get enlisted every week or month, Yoo Seung Ho’s joining of the military was nothing new.

However, he was praised greatly by the public because he chose to join the army with only a small group of family members and agency officials present at the site to send him off, instead of getting showered by camera flashes and fans blocking the bootcamp entrance to see him. Yoo Seung Ho decided to do so because he didn’t want to cause any trouble for other soldiers entering the bootcamp on that day. Moreover, he voluntarily joined the military as soon as he turned 20, unlike many other celebrities who try everything to wait out and delay their enlistment until their 30s. Hence, Yoo Seung Ho has been praised as a “moral celebrity,” and the public applauds his conscious and considerate decisions.  

Like Yoo Seung Ho, many celebrities are winning the public’s attention and affection with their morality and ethical behaviors recently. Especially in the middle of many ongoing drug, violence, and fraud scandals in the show-business and entertainment industry of today, these celebrities with “healthy morals” shine even brighter. 

Another good example of a moral celebrity is Yoo Jae Suk. Although the programs he has hosted have had their rise and fall, Yoo Jae Suk remained as the best and most beloved MC of the era. He is always considerate of others and stays respectful and moral off-camera too. Such consistency in his considerate and caring personality won all of Korea’s heart and he is now praised as the “National MC”. 

Moreover, actor Cha In Pyo is also considered a moral celebrity for giving up his US citizenship to voluntarily join the Korean military. He’s been garnering much attention with his heartwarming charity works and so are Sean-Jung Hye Young couple. The fact that these celebrities have been continuously helping others in need, volunteering, and functioning as a type of moral compass for our society allows them and their actions to be perceived as genuine. 

However these celebrities have their hardships too. Since they have set high standards for the entertainment industry as well as themselves, the public’s expectation on their morality is higher than usual. They are considered to have high moral standards, so just one mistake or thoughtless comment could hurt their reputation and career pretty badly. 

An official in the industry commented, “It is definitely a good thing that some celebrities show their morality in the middle of so many scandals. I welcome them with open arms. But what’s more important is that these celebrities keep it up from now on. A one-time moral behavior is good, but continuously showing and inspiring others to be like them is what’s most important. “

Along with appearances and talent, a celebrity’s morality is now an important virtue in his or her career. As more celebrities jump to claim their moral uprightness, their future steps are also drawing attention of the public. 

http://www.soompi.com/2013/03/19/celebrity-popularity-trends-appearances-talents-and-now-morality/

• Replies 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Magic Castle - child versionShared by joygloria from baidu

This song was originally sung by the composer Kim Gwang-Jin. However, he wasn't happy with how it sounded (although he is a very good singer) and he found this singer - Beck DongWoo as a child singing at a church choir. He found this little boy's angelic voice inspirational and released the 'Magic Castle - 1992 child version'. The boy grew up and made his own album with the adult voice which is this video right now. However, what everybody remembers the best and most incredible is the child one. 
Another version by grown up - Beck DongWoo

[TRANS] Snippets of Yoo Chun's interview in Singles Magazine April issue

yfrog5ecfehj790.jpg

Q: You are the eloquent, organised & well-read sort. That is true right?

YC: Not so, all I've been doing lately is GAMING, haha.

20121215190356.png

Q: Of all your images till now, which one do you fancy most?

YC: In actual fact, this time round, I planned to shaved my head bald completely, just like Hareem. In that way, I can tattoo on my scalp, haha, just kidding. Personally, I love long hair. When "Sung Kyung Kwan Scandal" ended, my hair grew so long to the extent that it could be tied up. I like that sort of hairdo. But once you cut it short, you will never be able to grow it back even if you want to. Now I understand why girls cut their hair and never grow it long again, my mum is like this too. Furthermore, if I want to grow my hair long, there must be at least one year which I don't work, but so far there has been continuous work.

Q: Previously, in your interviews, you mentioned that you will go with members to the outskirts to farm if you can't have activities anymore. In reality, is that possible?

YC: At that time, I did not say it casually. I really planned with the thought of giving up as an artiste and leave the company, sincerely relinquishing everything and only taking care of my family, just like that! It's the members who grab hold of me, and one another.

twimgmediabeii0mwcqaa16.jpg

Q: Do you have thoughts of appearing in variety shows in the future?

YC: A little burdened for talk shows, but it seems like invitations won't be coming anyway (LOL). Aren't there the free-and-easy type of variety shows with comfortable dialogue and some humour? Recently, I'm watching "Moving Forward - Stories Of Friends"

(chloe: you can google 행진 - 친구들의 이야기, DETECTIVE HYUNG IS IN IT. OH MY CHUN, YOU SWEETHEART.)

twitpicbq3mi3790.jpg

and I think to myself: if there is an opportunity, I would also like to appear in it.

(About his solo album)

YC: The style of the solo album is light, mild, and gentle. Even though the releasing is postponed, I will still slowly, genuinely complete the story -- and release it only then.

Q: Do you cry while watching movies or dramas?

YC: The times when i cry are usually in the morning, about 8 o'clock? Not that I woke up so early, but that I didn't sleep and remained awake till that time. With my bedroom door closed, I lie on my bed to watch. There were tragic ones which I didn't cry. There were also those that were nothing much but I cried like crazy. I try my best to watch alone. I'm the type to finish it myself, nobody knows.

CHI TRANS: 暖日呀呀

ENG TRANS: chloe6002

Guest facing

class="content-title" Yoon Eun Hye Is the New Muse for MAC Yoon Eun Hye Is the New Muse for MAC

Actress Yoon Eun Hye has been chosen to represent makeup brand, MAC.

As the new face, Yoon Eun Hye recently filmed an advertisement for the brand. The shoot emphasized her flawless and glowing skin to bring out the “Mineralized Rich Lipstick” line.

The released stills show her wearing three different colors from lovely hot pink, intense orange red and soft coral. All three colors are receiving much interest from the female population and will be the colors in trend for Spring 2013.

MAC makeup artist Byun Myung Sook commented, “Yoon Eun Hye’s lip shape and her natural color really brings out the lipstick’s qualities. Since she has fresh and clear skin, she is one of the best models for makeup emphasizing the lips.”

Meanwhile, her outfits, makeup and accessories from her role in “I Miss You” received much interest during the drama’s run on air.

source: http://www.soompi.com/2013/03/19/yoon-eun-hye-is-the-new-muse-for-mac/

Guest yukias

loving this drama!
feeling sorry for henry, 
why does he have to look so hot when he cries, 
its sad and painful for me why he cries!

:(( but he's still really cute, even though he's evil. :\">

Guest facing

Yoon eun hye 윤은혜/尹恩惠/ユン・ウネ sign for DATV interview <Missing You> Japanese promo
bf9qw3bceaapcou.jpg
cr:frenchneri @ twitter

Archived